Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-18, 08:31 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
London is gonna walk in and be the new Tipp of the CBC
Old 11-05-18, 08:46 PM
Varsity

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully without the school employee who tears down his alleged “friend” to help make him better at coaching.
Old 11-05-18, 09:02 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
The first few years will be rough, but I think they'll come back down to Earth. The younger high school kids pounded everyone by 50-60+ in junior high. The current junior high kids seem to be solid, but not nearly to that standard.

I'll be interested to see if the coach stays past the next few years. IMO he's built them up to where they're going to hit a nice run that could land him a bigger job in metro Columbus.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-18, 10:16 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
I think they’ll walk in amd dominate but I think Bellefontaine and jonathon alder match up pretty well for next year.
Old 11-06-18, 08:45 AM
Varsity

hardhead_29 is on a distinguished road
TippIsGreat just can not help himself lol. He has to come on here and bug us because he cant go bragging on the GWOC forum because........................... wait for it.......................they haven't won and now are joining yet again another conference.

I will give Tipp credit they were consistently good while in the CBC and won some playoff games. But TippIsGreat makes it sound like they won the CBC every year and went 3 round deep in playoffs every year. The funny thing is the only thing that went 3 rounds deep was TippIsGreat down at MJ's on Jefferson on karaoke night.
Old 11-06-18, 09:34 AM
All District

powerpost is on a distinguished road
Amen Hardhead. He can't stay away from cbc threads. And once again, they did not dominate the cbc. They did very well. And lets not forget, I believe they didn't win a playoff game in like 10 tries. Could be wrong.

They will continue to struggle(be average) in new league. Part of reason they did so well in cbc was that their roster size was so much bigger than most.(they didn't out athlete people) Wasn't uncommon for them to have 20-25 seniors.
Old 11-06-18, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpost View Post
Amen Hardhead. He can't stay away from cbc threads. And once again, they did not dominate the cbc. They did very well. And lets not forget, I believe they didn't win a playoff game in like 10 tries. Could be wrong.

They will continue to struggle(be average) in new league. Part of reason they did so well in cbc was that their roster size was so much bigger than most.(they didn't out athlete people) Wasn't uncommon for them to have 20-25 seniors.
ROSTER size or enrollment? I am knew to the CBC so I am unfamiliar with the Tippacanoe City day.

If it is roster size then I would say the other schools needed to man up and get kids out, and if it is enrollment then I can understand it but too many people use that as a crutch and excuses.

If you are a smaller team in a league then use that to your advantage to get battle tested during the season. Win your OOC games, do well enough in the conference to make the playoffs and if those bigger schools really are better than you then it should help your team improve enough that come playoff time it should be easier.
Old 11-06-18, 10:13 AM
All District

powerpost is on a distinguished road
Roster Size. Just evaluating why they had success in cbc and won't in new league. That's it.
Old 11-06-18, 10:30 AM
All American

when Tipp was in the CBC and I was one of the biggest supporters of the CBC and I constantly said that the upper half of teams in the CBC could compete with the North part of the GWOC. But I was wrong. Tipp was the best program in the CBC, they never had a losing season in the CBC, they had the most conf championships in that time and won 5 playoff games while in the CBC. Now Shawnee had the best single season of any team in the CBC, but besides Shawnee and Tecusmeh, nobody could consistently compete with Tipp. Why do you all get salty when I say that. Especially when everyone on here is all concerned about London dominating and me simply saying that they will be the new Tipp. And they will probably be ran out of the league to
Old 11-06-18, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

I'd say more of a demographic advantage than anything, across the board in all sports. Tipp's a pseudo suburban school with 750-800 kids. Most of the CBC schools are small town/rural with enrollments of under 650. Slight advantage in enrollment, huge advantage in $$$. The same reasons Alder, KR and Shawnee are better across the board than everyone currently in the league.

London will never dominate across the board like Tipp. They are basically another Urbana, but with a slightly higher enrollment. It's a football town that currently has a good coach with an established program and an up cycle in athletes.

Old 11-06-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

I was a bit confused this year, again, first year following the CBC. I guess now with the two divisions it makes it a bit odd to get a division title with just 4 games.

I guess it gives teams a little bit more of a way to get some banner raised but it just didn't seem like a legit thing to me.

Some teams playing 3 OOC, and some just 2?

Do they give out a CBC championship?

I was thinking before they added London to maybe they should just go to the MAC rotating schedule format where you play 2 OOC to start and each season you play all league foes but one.
Old 11-06-18, 11:36 AM
Varsity

The CBC used to have 12 members and played 5 conference games and then only 2 cross overs. Tipp and Stebbins left and they are replaced with London and North Union. But that does not start until next season. So for the time being everyone played 4 conference and 3crossovers.
But that didn't stop teams from playing each other in non-conference games. Bellefontaine-Urbana is a non conference game. They did not have to play each other they could have schedule whoever they wanted.
Old 11-06-18, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead_29 View Post
The CBC used to have 12 members and played 5 conference games and then only 2 cross overs. Tipp and Stebbins left and they are replaced with London and North Union. But that does not start until next season. So for the time being everyone played 4 conference and 2crossovers.
But that didn't stop teams from playing each other in non-conference games. Bellefontaine-Urbana is a non conference game. They did not have to play each other they could have schedule whoever they wanted.
Gotcha. Wasn't aware of North Union coming aboard as well.
Old 11-06-18, 11:46 AM
Varsity

FYI--- I edited post from above its 3 crossover games right now not 2.
Old 11-06-18, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
FYI--- I edited post from above its 3 crossover games right now not 2.
Understood.

Just found it odd......heard a few people in IL talking with pride how they tied for the lead in their division (yet were 3-7 all season).
Old 11-06-18, 12:08 PM
Varsity

Tipp didn't get ran off they left for greener grass and found it was full of thistles. You can believe what you want on how things unfolded with Tipp leaving. It actually kind of ticked off most schools because it put the CBC in a bind on having enough teams for 2 equal divisions. True or Untrue it was said that a couple other teams also looked around for a new league to join in case the CBC fell apart.

Nobody here is worried about London dominating we look forward to them coming. Brings us back to 12 members and eliminates a cross over game. Yes we all know that London has loaded 9th and 10th grade classes. Yes we all know that next year is going to be dogfight lots senior loaded teams. Yes we all know that we will all be pretty young in 2020and London will have a loaded team.
Old 11-06-18, 12:09 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
when Tipp was in the CBC and I was one of the biggest supporters of the CBC and I constantly said that the upper half of teams in the CBC could compete with the North part of the GWOC. But I was wrong. Tipp was the best program in the CBC, they never had a losing season in the CBC, they had the most conf championships in that time and won 5 playoff games while in the CBC. Now Shawnee had the best single season of any team in the CBC, but besides Shawnee and Tecusmeh, nobody could consistently compete with Tipp. Why do you all get salty when I say that. Especially when everyone on here is all concerned about London dominating and me simply saying that they will be the new Tipp. And they will probably be ran out of the league to
Go ahead and believe that if you want.
The Tipp and Stebbins ADs had a lot more to do with it, along with "we are all that" attitude.
Old 11-06-18, 01:31 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
Not the first time London has been in a predominantly Clark county league. At one point it was the MRVL and London was In then bailed because of travel times. At the same time Tipp was in the SRC with Central
Milton Union and others.

Last edited by shoprat2; 11-06-18 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-06-18, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Tipp didn't get ran off they left for greener grass and found it was full of thistles. You can believe what you want on how things unfolded with Tipp leaving. It actually kind of ticked off most schools because it put the CBC in a bind on having enough teams for 2 equal divisions. True or Untrue it was said that a couple other teams also looked around for a new league to join in case the CBC fell apart.

Nobody here is worried about London dominating we look forward to them coming. Brings us back to 12 members and eliminates a cross over game. Yes we all know that London has loaded 9th and 10th grade classes. Yes we all know that next year is going to be dogfight lots senior loaded teams. Yes we all know that we will all be pretty young in 2020and London will have a loaded team.
How will the schedule work out in the future with the 12 teams?

*5 division games.

*2 OOC?
*3 crossover? (maybe 2 who finish like you the year before, and 1 rivalry?)

Don't see any CBC schools on the list for openings next year for scheduling but that always doesn't mean anything.

How will it all pan out?
Old 11-06-18, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Out of conference weeks 1-3, crossover 4-5, divisional 6-10. Crossover you'll probably play the same teams every year until the next time the league realigns, for better or for worse.

Old 11-06-18, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Out of conference weeks 1-3, crossover 4-5, divisional 6-10. Crossover you'll probably play the same teams every year until the next time the league realigns, for better or for worse.

I would suggest a 2 year rotating basis on the 2 crossovers that match up with the same two spots in the other conference
Old 11-06-18, 02:31 PM
All American

Quote:
I'd say more of a demographic advantage than anything, across the board in all sports. Tipp's a pseudo suburban school with 750-800 kids. Most of the CBC schools are small town/rural with enrollments of under 650. Slight advantage in enrollment, huge advantage in $$$. The same reasons Alder, KR and Shawnee are better across the board than everyone currently in the league.

London will never dominate across the board like Tipp. They are basically another Urbana, but with a slightly higher enrollment. It's a football town that currently has a good coach with an established program and an up cycle in athletes.

I never understood the enrollment argument as Tipp was the 4th biggest school in the CBC enrollment wise when they left. And where almost always in the same division in football as Shawnee, Kenton Ridge and Graham.
Old 11-06-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I would suggest a 2 year rotating basis on the 2 crossovers that match up with the same two spots in the other conference
I'm not opposed to that, but I think the schools that have local matchups that usually result in solid gates would be resistant to it, i.e. NW definitely doesn't want to see their yearly KR and Shawnee games go away, especially now that they're becoming more competitive.

It is odd never playing Bellefontaine, Alder, etc., but it's always been that way in the 10-12 team format.

Old 11-06-18, 02:42 PM
All District

Flevans is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I never understood the enrollment argument as Tipp was the 4th biggest school in the CBC enrollment wise when they left. And where almost always in the same division in football as Shawnee, Kenton Ridge and Graham.
To nwwarrior's point, it's not just enrollment but population. Tipp's free and reduced lunch population is around 9%. A school like Urbana is 50%. The enrollment gap isn't huge between those two schools but the demographic make-up sure is. That's why a smaller school like West Liberty Salem is able to have a better athletic overall athletic program than an Urbana. It's not just how many are in your building but who. A school like Urbana is going to be prone to long dry spells in athletics (like they currently are) compared to a Tipp where your population is basically middle to upper-middle class.
Old 11-06-18, 02:44 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You say stuff that is not remotely accurate then cry when people attack you for it........Please explain how Tipp was "run out of the league".......I'll save you time, you can't. It's a lie that you threw in to try to make yourself feel better. Tipp and Stebbins actively pursued leaving the CBC for the GWOC. There was ZERO pressure from the league to do so........
Old 11-07-18, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not opposed to that, but I think the schools that have local matchups that usually result in solid gates would be resistant to it, i.e. NW definitely doesn't want to see their yearly KR and Shawnee games go away, especially now that they're becoming more competitive.

It is odd never playing Bellefontaine, Alder, etc., but it's always been that way in the 10-12 team format.

Likely so.
Without diving deep into the schedules I wonder if the crossover games could be 1 against a designated rival and another against a team who finished in the same slot as you.

Just game planning it. I know other conference who does a rotating basis where over every 2 yr period the 1 doesn't play the 10, 2 the 9, and so on. Yeah, at times a rivalry doesn't get played and it can stink but I think overall it has helped the teams tremendously..the top teams getting a bettet OOC and the bottom teams finding a team they can beat as opposed to the top team in the league
Old 11-07-18, 08:54 AM
Varsity

I would love for the CBC to always rotate the 2 cross over games. Never will happen to many people are dead set against it and are all for playing certain "rivalry" schools every year. But I find it hard to be rivalry when neither team is good or 1 is good and the other isn't. No different than OSU vs Michigan the last 20 years. Hard to get excited for 1 sided affairs and blowuts. Gate fees are affected by 2 big things weather and how good your team is.
Old 11-07-18, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flevans View Post
To nwwarrior's point, it's not just enrollment but population. Tipp's free and reduced lunch population is around 9%. A school like Urbana is 50%. The enrollment gap isn't huge between those two schools but the demographic make-up sure is. That's why a smaller school like West Liberty Salem is able to have a better athletic overall athletic program than an Urbana. It's not just how many are in your building but who. A school like Urbana is going to be prone to long dry spells in athletics (like they currently are) compared to a Tipp where your population is basically middle to upper-middle class.
Yes, who makes up your population and where they come from matters as much as or more than your enrollment. Take Tecumseh for example. About 15% of their kids are Hispanic, with my understanding being a large chunk of that consists of first generation and migrants that are in and out of the school seasonally.

IMO their enrollment for athletic purposes is inflated as that population group has a narrow or non-existent athletic focus. The athlete pool for most sports is really that of a D2 and for football, a D3. Add in having 50-60% free and reduced lunch and you have a lot of sports where despite enrollment being bigger on paper, reality is they have a lot less probable participants than a smaller school such as Tipp.

Old 11-07-18, 10:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I would love for the CBC to always rotate the 2 cross over games. Never will happen to many people are dead set against it and are all for playing certain "rivalry" schools every year. But I find it hard to be rivalry when neither team is good or 1 is good and the other isn't. No different than OSU vs Michigan the last 20 years. Hard to get excited for 1 sided affairs and blowuts. Gate fees are affected by 2 big things weather and how good your team is.
The last point is, well, on point.

Rivalries can still be good even if one team does dominate so don't think it cannot be.

Is there a reason why Bell, IL and BL aren't in the same division?
Old 11-07-18, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
The last point is, well, on point.

Rivalries can still be good even if one team does dominate so don't think it cannot be.

Is there a reason why Bell, IL and BL aren't in the same division?
They've had divisions based on enrollment I believe since expanding to 12 in 2001. Until 2006 or 2007 IL and Urbana were in the big school division and KR in the small school division.