Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-19-17, 11:18 AM
All Region

Union County Fan is on a distinguished road
London & North Union to the CBC

According to the Central Buckeye Conference Twitter page, both London's and North Union's Board of Educations have approved their membership for the CBC. London will join the Kenton Trail Division with Bellefontaine, Jonathan Alder, Kenton Ridge, Shawnee, and Tecumseh. North Union will join the Mad River Division with Benjamin Logan, Graham, Indian Lake, Northwestern, and Urbana. Date of entry is undetermined.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-17, 12:05 PM
All Ohio

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Interesting from an NU standpoint. I understand they were not happy with the way the MOAC was changing mostly because of travel and a little bit about size. This does not address travel or size as they go from 4 teams (Harding, River Valley, Pleasant, and Buckeye Valley) within 30 mins to one (Ben Logan) with the rest being 50 min Plus. They will be the smallest school but not as much of a difference as in MOAC.
Old 07-19-17, 02:51 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Home run for the CBC. Travel is not great but not terrible either. London is a great fit for the KT division and North Union is a great fit for the MR division. I think this ends several years of upheaval conference wise
Old 07-19-17, 03:22 PM
All Region

I do wonder how this will affect the MOAC. North Union's departure leaves the MOAC with 7 Members. Buckeye Valley has been considering joining the Mid-State League which now it looks like they would replace London in the MSL. If BV were to leave, it might bring the MOAC to an end leaving schools scrambling to find conferences.
Old 07-19-17, 05:09 PM
All District

bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
I would think the MOAC would survive with 6 teams. Those 6 teams would be Marion Harding, Marion Pleasant, Marion River Valley, Ontario, Galion, Clear Fork. I would think Shelby and possibly Upper Sandusky may be interested in joining the 6 MOAC teams.
I read somewhere that Ontario, Galion and Clear Fork were looking for a future opportunity to get with Shelby in a league situation. I think Upper Sandusky is not helping themselves by playing in the Northern 10 Conference.

I would expect Buckeye Valley to look into the Mid State League and would be a good replacement for London in the Ohio Division. The Ohio Division teams are Whitehall, Columbus Academy, Grandview Hts, Worthington Christian and Bexley.
Old 07-19-17, 06:21 PM
All Region

Good story about the expansion from the Dayton Daily News.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...TqRHYSlZReMWL/
Old 07-27-17, 12:22 PM
All Region

SHELBY – High school athletes in Shelby may end up competing in three different conferences in three years as Shelby prepares to move yet again, this time to the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference.

The move was announced at the Shelby Board of Education meeting on Monday evening, when the district accepted an invitation to join the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference (MOAC) at the earliest reasonable date. The district will subsequently withdraw from the Sandusky Bay Conference (SBC), where it will compete during the upcoming 2017-18 school year.

A timeline for joining the MOAC will be determined at a later date.

According to Superintendent Tim Tarvin, the invitation to the MOAC came after North Union notified the conference it would be moving to the Central Buckeye Conference (CBC). North Union joins London in moving to the CBC, bringing that league up to 12 teams.

“That took the MOAC down from eight schools to seven,” Tarvin said. “We’ve had prior conversations with folks of the MOAC, and we have contacted the Sandusky Bay Conference and they are aware of our actions.”

Two years ago, Shelby applied for membership to the MOAC. The Whippets were looking for a landing spot after the 70-year Northern Ohio League (NOL) disbanded following the 2016-17 school year. Six of the seven NOL members, including Shelby, were extended invitations to join the SBC.

The SBC expanded to a 15-member, two-division format for the 2016-17 school year when the short-lived Sandusky River League (SRL) ceased operation. All six SRL schools, along with Tiffin Calvert of the Toledo Area Athletic Conference and independent Vermilion, moved to the SBC.

When the Northern Ohio League schools come on board, the Sandusky Bay Conference will boost its membership to 21 and add a third division for the 2017-18 school year. Each division features seven schools based on enrollment.

The seventh NOL member, Ontario, accepted an offer to join the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference in the fall of 2017. Ohio Cardinal Conference (OCC) member Clear Fork also is headed to the MOAC for the 2017-18 school year, not long after the OCC decided to vote Clear Fork out of the conference at the conclusion of the 2017-18 school year.

The MOAC originally had 16 members divided into two eight-team divisions, until 10 of those schools announced they would leave the conference. The addition of Shelby brings the MOAC’s membership back to a more manageable eight schools, joining MOAC Red Division members Ontario, Clear Fork, Galion, Marion Harding, Marion Pleasant, River Valley and Buckeye Valley.

“We found the two-division, eight-team set-up was not as cohesive,” MOAC commissioner Terry Williams told Richland Source in March 2016.

The upcoming 2017-18 school year is the first and perhaps only year that Shelby will play in the SBC. A timeline for joining the MOAC will depend on how London and North Union fit into the schedules of the CBC, and subsequently, how Shelby fits into the schedule of the MOAC, which could be either in 2018-19 or 2019-20.

“I told the commissioner of the MOAC that I would have a conversation with him later this week to let him know how the board meeting went, and to see how they would like us to proceed with regard to scheduling and how soon we can join, because that has yet to be determined,” Tarvin said.

The biggest reason for moving to the MOAC was location, Tarvin said. The travel time to most schools in the SBC would be at least an hour, making late returns during the school nights a challenge.

“We appreciate the fact that the Sandusky Bay Conference gave us an opportunity to be in that conference, they have some great schools and great relationships, no question about it,” Tarvin said. “But we have to always consider what’s in the best interest of our kids, our teams and our organizations.”

Joining the MOAC also provides the opportunity to rekindle longstanding relationships and traditions with neighboring schools, particularly Galion and Ontario.

“We’re talking about still being in a very competitive, balanced league by going to the MOAC and we give our kids and parents and community more of an opportunity to attend these events because of their proximity,” Tarvin said.

The Board of Education expressed their support for joining the MOAC, but also voiced a need for some consistency in the future.

“I do believe we’re going to be with a group that is pretty solid; there could be one or two tweaks in the future but I think for the most part we’re done,” said Shelby High School Principal John Gies. “It’s just hard to imagine we spent 70 years in one league, and now all of a sudden we’ll be in two leagues in two years.”

“We feel good about everything we’ve heard from folks at the MOAC, they’re thrilled to have us and we’re thrilled to be going to them,” added Tarvin. “Hopefully it’s a cohesive, long-standing arrangement for everybody.”

Via http://www.richlandsource.com/sports...51dddd531.html
Old 07-27-17, 08:25 PM
Freshman

Moacmama is on a distinguished road
That's good because then we can get to the CBC quicker! As long as London can, too.