Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-25-18, 09:49 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Immigrant advocates on alert after Oakland mayor warns of ICE sweep

Was this a criminal act by the Oakland Mayor?

Quote:
Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf’s warning that U.S. immigration agents were preparing to conduct a major enforcement operation in the Bay Area put advocates for immigrants on alert, and heightened the tension between federal and local authorities over California’s limited cooperation with deportation efforts.

Schaaf said she sought legal counsel before taking to social media Saturday evening with an alert about immigration action. She called the warning an “ethical obligation.”
Read more:
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...s-12707335.php
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-18, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Definitely obstruction.
Old 02-25-18, 10:45 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
She should be arrested for aiding and abetting criminals.
Old 02-26-18, 05:42 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Yes, it was criminal.

She should be arrested, charged federally, and her trial should be moved out of Cali so that the government can get a fair trial.
Old 02-26-18, 05:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
She should be arrested for aiding and abetting criminals.
illegal aliens are felons, right ?
Old 02-26-18, 05:46 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
She’s pretty hot tho, maybe a good spanking is in order
Old 02-26-18, 06:08 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
If she's not charged, I'm guessing flashing your headlights to alert drivers for a speed trap or sobriety check is back on.
Old 02-26-18, 07:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
illegal aliens are felons, right ?
Entering the US illegally is a misdemeanor the first time. If you enter a second time after being deported, it is a felony.

As a misdemeanor it is punishable by a $2500 fine and up to 6 months in jail.

Last edited by Indiandad; 02-26-18 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-26-18, 07:41 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post

Read more:
She sought legal counsel prior to "taking to social media". I wonder what the legal counsel advice was. Did her attorney tell her it was illegal and she did it anyway?
Old 02-26-18, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
It is actions like these that move us step by step to a national breakup and perhaps civil war. It's sad to see the relentless way in which history repeats itself.

As an aside, if this is proper behavior by local & state authorities then when democrats gain executive & legislative control and implement gun laws that regions of the country don't approve of, everyone supporting the Oakland mayors actions will be fine with municipalities refusing to support federal gun laws? And they will be fine with regions of the country refusing to enforce anti-discrimination laws? Etc, etc.!
Old 02-26-18, 11:55 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post

Read more:
while they are doing the sweep, pick her up and put her in a paddy wagon with the Illegal criminals....
Old 02-26-18, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Is this the same as the local news posting DUI checkpoints for the upcoming weekend?
Old 02-26-18, 12:02 PM
All Ohio

Is it the same as flashing your lights at speeders to let them know a state trooper is over the next hill?
Old 02-26-18, 12:07 PM
All Yappi

In those cases, either no crime has yet been committed or it can be argued that the 4th is being violated. Illegals have already committed a crime. This is more along the line of harboring a fugitive.
Old 02-26-18, 12:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
It is actions like these that move us step by step to a national breakup and perhaps civil war. It's sad to see the relentless way in which history repeats itself.
So let me get this straight.....you would arm yourself and wage war against your fellow countrymen because the Mayor of Oakland let illegal immigrants know that they may get picked up this weekend by ICE officers?

200 hundred years ago would you have been that guy letting the slave catchers know there were runaways in Mrs. Smith's basement over in Marietta Ohio? I mean they were in Ohio illegally.
Old 02-26-18, 12:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
In those cases, either no crime has yet been committed or it can be argued that the 4th is being violated. Illegals have already committed a crime. This is more along the line of harboring a fugitive.
If I flash my lights at a man driving 100mph in a 70mph zone is he not breaking the law? The Supreme Court ruled DUI checkpoints are legal and your 4th amendment rights don't apply.
Old 02-26-18, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

You can't signal only to people who are speeding.
Old 02-26-18, 12:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You can't signal only to people who are speeding.
????

So if there is only 1 car on the road and it is clearly driving way over the speed limit I can't only signal to them? They are the only car on the road.
Old 02-26-18, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
So let me get this straight.....you would arm yourself and wage war against your fellow countrymen because the Mayor of Oakland let illegal immigrants know that they may get picked up this weekend by ICE officers?

200 hundred years ago would you have been that guy letting the slave catchers know there were runaways in Mrs. Smith's basement over in Marietta Ohio? I mean they were in Ohio illegally.
Yeah, I mean aside from the fact that most slaves were kidnapped and these illegals usually pay some "coyote" hundreds of dollars to sneak them into the US to steal our jobs and social services, the two groups are exactly alike....

Just stop
Old 02-26-18, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
????

So if there is only 1 car on the road and it is clearly driving way over the speed limit I can't only signal to them? They are the only car on the road.
The mayor is signalling to exclusively criminals.

Just look at how you have to keep moving the goalposts for your ridiculous comparison. Flashing your lights does not signal exclusively to speeding drivers, telling illegals they're about to be raided does.
Old 02-26-18, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Jesus Christ
Old 02-26-18, 01:21 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The mayor is signalling to exclusively criminals.
No he isn't. It is also a signal to children and extended families who are law abiding American citizens, that are part of his community.

Obama deported a lot of people. More than Bush. But the focus and target were those who have committed other crimes. Not breaking families apart for no other reason. Sorry if everyone isn't so cool with you being aholes about it.
Old 02-26-18, 01:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
It is also a signal to children and extended families who are law abiding American citizens, that are part of his community.
It's a signal to keep law enforcement from arresting illegals, meaning a signal to criminals exclusively.

Quote:
Obama deported a lot of people. More than Bush.
Who cares?

Quote:
But the focus and target were those who have committed other crimes. Not breaking families apart for no other reason. Sorry if everyone isn't so cool with you being aholes about it.
Then they should have stayed in Latin America
Old 02-26-18, 01:41 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Not breaking families apart for no other reason. Sorry if everyone isn't so cool with you being aholes about it.
Not sure why the need for namecalling.

What I find interesting is that you are supporting people who are knowingly breaking a significant law.

I've been to several other countries and considered what it would be like to live there. At no point would I have considered just staying there and starting to live off their government radar hoping they would never catch me. If I would have decided to do that, I would have understood when they caught me that I would be sent packing.

To use the car driving examples from up above, if I was going 100+ MPH I wouldn't argue the speeding ticket was unfair because I never thought I would get caught.

And to the breaking the families apart, that is basically impossible to do unless someone made a conscious choice at the beginning to subvert our laws. We break families apart every day for making bad choices (drugs, robbery, homicide) and breaking the law, what makes illegal aliens above the law? Everyone wants a better life. That is no excuse to break the law.
Old 02-26-18, 01:45 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interesting that you bring that up. The pro-illegal immigrant advocates never ever say this anymore, but a few years ago it was widely recognized that these people are fleeing a corrupt, failed, violent state in Mexico. In the words of our fearless leader: a ****hole. Many of those who cross illegally into the US are fleeing maquilladoras that are essentially slave labor factories. So the parallels with the South are apt and I do feel for those who come here illegally, even if I also think that the law must be enforced.

NAFTA has to be renegotiated or canceled to make immigration reform work. Manufacturing jobs need to be in the US, where labor and safety laws are followed, and you don't get beat up or killed for quitting your job. The corrupt Mexican government is fighting this tooth and nail. The oligarchs have got to get their cut, right? They force the US into looking like the bad guy, when we are acting in much more good faith than they are.
Old 02-26-18, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I believe it goes beyond this incident, no?
Old 02-26-18, 02:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Interesting that you bring that up. The pro-illegal immigrant advocates never ever say this anymore, but a few years ago it was widely recognized that these people are fleeing a corrupt, failed, violent state in Mexico. In the words of our fearless leader: a ****hole. Many of those who cross illegally into the US are fleeing maquilladoras that are essentially slave labor factories. So the parallels with the South are apt and I do feel for those who come here illegally, even if I also think that the law must be enforced.

NAFTA has to be renegotiated or canceled to make immigration reform work. Manufacturing jobs need to be in the US, where labor and safety laws are followed, and you don't get beat up or killed for quitting your job. The corrupt Mexican government is fighting this tooth and nail. The oligarchs have got to get their cut, right? They force the US into looking like the bad guy, when we are acting in much more good faith than they are.
I'm not a fan of illegal immigrants. I would prefer for them to try and come in the legal way like hundreds of thousands of other immigrants do each year. But, I get why they come over. If I lived in squalor under corrupt politicians, police, and gangs. Looking at the cities across the river knowing I could help my family I would want out too.

The second reason I asked that was I wanted to see how many would say "I wouldn't do that", or "not the same comparison." If you are willing to turn in these individuals or ask for the Mayor to be thrown in jail then you would've been the first in line to turn in runaways and the people who helped them. That was the law in 1800's. We know today that it was an unjust law but it was still the law. Have just a little compassion for your fellow man. I'm a conservative. I have no problem with the wall being built or extra officers patrolling the borders but I find it crazy how upset everyone gets over this. Before you start screaming about they are stealing our sh!t jobs, they are taking our benefits (both of which affect no one on here), or they are killing our people please think about all the lazy people who don't want those sh!t jobs and are using our benefits and are killing their own people. Maybe we should deport them first.
Old 02-26-18, 02:34 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not breaking families apart for no other reason. Sorry if everyone isn't so cool with you being aholes about it.
Due to our idiotic birthright citizenship. The fault is on the illegals that came here and had children. They themselves put breaking their families apart at risk. Those illegals are free to take their children back to their home country with them when they are deported. Those children, in almost all circumstances, would be dual citizens and could go back with their illegal parents as citizens of those countries.

The left's push for this is ridiculous and it is not about children or families, it is about engineering artificial demographic changes in this nation for VOTES, pure and simple.

The Unites States is not Section 8 housing for the entire world. If someone's home country sucks, they need to take action in that country for change or try to immigrate to another nation LEGALLY.
Old 02-26-18, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not a fan of illegal immigrants. I would prefer for them to try and come in the legal way like hundreds of thousands of other immigrants do each year. But, I get why they come over. If I lived in squalor under corrupt politicians, police, and gangs. Looking at the cities across the river knowing I could help my family I would want out too.

The second reason I asked that was I wanted to see how many would say "I wouldn't do that", or "not the same comparison." If you are willing to turn in these individuals or ask for the Mayor to be thrown in jail then you would've been the first in line to turn in runaways and the people who helped them. That was the law in 1800's. We know today that it was an unjust law but it was still the law. Have just a little compassion for your fellow man. I'm a conservative. I have no problem with the wall being built or extra officers patrolling the borders but I find it crazy how upset everyone gets over this. Before you start screaming about they are stealing our sh!t jobs, they are taking our benefits (both of which affect no one on here), or they are killing our people please think about all the lazy people who don't want those sh!t jobs and are using our benefits and are killing their own people. Maybe we should deport them first.
The fact we have our own people that match those qualities is why we can't afford to import more.

And don't preach about compassion. There is not a more generous, welcoming country in the world. All we ask is follow the law.

And to compare people who were brought here and kept under threat of death to people who voluntarily snuck into the country is silly.
Old 02-26-18, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
The fact we have our own people that match those qualities is why we can't afford to import more.

And don't preach about compassion. There is not a more generous, welcoming country in the world. All we ask is follow the law.
The government is generous. Not sure about the people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: