Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #6691  
Old 01-19-19, 09:20 AM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 18,572
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
I don't know if it is accurate description of business in the US, or Russia, or not. I was quoting millionaire businessman Thornton Melon.
That was a great eye opening conversation with Dr. Barbey.
Reply With Quote
  #6692  
Old 01-19-19, 09:21 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 4,403
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Your 2nd point is well taken, as asinine as it is.
How can something I wrote be simultaneously shrewd and extremely stupid?

My writing skills must be better than I imagined.
Reply With Quote
  #6693  
Old 01-19-19, 09:27 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 4,403
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
That was a great eye opening conversation with Dr. Barbey.
Dr. Barbay was OK, but Professor Turgeson was a great teacher. He really seemed to care. About what I have no idea.
Reply With Quote
  #6694  
Old 01-19-19, 09:43 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
BuzzFeed: Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow tower
Cohen and Trump
Michael Cohen and Donald Trump. Photos: Eduardo Munoz Alvarez and Martin H. Simon - Pool via Getty Images

President Trump directed his former personal attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the extent of his plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow — charges to which Cohen has since pleaded guilty, BuzzFeed News' Jason Leopold and Anthony Cormier report.

Details: The report — which cites "two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter" — alleges that Trump and Cohen had at least 10 face-to-face meetings about the Moscow deal during the 2016 campaign, and that Cohen provided "regular, detailed updates" to Trump's children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka. Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly obtained evidence that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress through witness interviews and internal documents and communications from the Trump Organization.

BuzzFeed also reports that Trump supported Cohen's plan to fly the candidate to Russia during the campaign to meet with President Vladimir Putin to further negotiate the deal.
Cohen declined to comment to Buzzfeed News. The White House and attorneys for Trump Jr. and the Trump Organization did not return a request for comment. A spokesperson for Ivanka's attorney told Buzzfeed that she was only "minimally involved" in the project.

Why it matters: If true, the report would suggest that Trump downplayed Russian interference and repeatedly lied about having business dealings in Russia during the 2016 campaign, all while secretly pushing the lucrative Moscow project behind the scenes. It would also suggest, for the second time, that investigators have evidence Trump personally directed his attorney to commit a felony.

Bill Barr, Trump's nominee for attorney general, wrote in a now-famous memo: "[I]f a a President knowingly...suborns perjury, or induces a witness to change testimony...then he, like anyone else, commits the crime of obstruction."

https://www.axios.com/trump-told-coh...cc30be972.html

It is Trump so what he does and says does not matter. Perjury? Felony? Sounds like Mueller has a lot of corroborating evidence beyond just Cohen's testimony.

Yea it looks like Mueller has all sorts of corroborating evidence that Trump never did what Buzz Feed is accusing him of!

You know Happy it's a good thing for the country that the right doesn't melt down every time the MSM abuses the first amendment like you guys attack the 2nd amendment after every mass shooting.

What Buzz Feed just did might trigger folks to argue that we need more restrictions on freedom of the press.
Reply With Quote
  #6695  
Old 01-19-19, 09:49 AM
Killer Joe Killer Joe is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 423
Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
BuzzFeed: Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow tower
Cohen and Trump
Michael Cohen and Donald Trump. Photos: Eduardo Munoz Alvarez and Martin H. Simon - Pool via Getty Images

President Trump directed his former personal attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the extent of his plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow — charges to which Cohen has since pleaded guilty, BuzzFeed News' Jason Leopold and Anthony Cormier report.

Details: The report — which cites "two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter" — alleges that Trump and Cohen had at least 10 face-to-face meetings about the Moscow deal during the 2016 campaign, and that Cohen provided "regular, detailed updates" to Trump's children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka. Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly obtained evidence that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress through witness interviews and internal documents and communications from the Trump Organization.

BuzzFeed also reports that Trump supported Cohen's plan to fly the candidate to Russia during the campaign to meet with President Vladimir Putin to further negotiate the deal.
Cohen declined to comment to Buzzfeed News. The White House and attorneys for Trump Jr. and the Trump Organization did not return a request for comment. A spokesperson for Ivanka's attorney told Buzzfeed that she was only "minimally involved" in the project.

Why it matters: If true, the report would suggest that Trump downplayed Russian interference and repeatedly lied about having business dealings in Russia during the 2016 campaign, all while secretly pushing the lucrative Moscow project behind the scenes. It would also suggest, for the second time, that investigators have evidence Trump personally directed his attorney to commit a felony.

Bill Barr, Trump's nominee for attorney general, wrote in a now-famous memo: "[I]f a a President knowingly...suborns perjury, or induces a witness to change testimony...then he, like anyone else, commits the crime of obstruction."

https://www.axios.com/trump-told-coh...cc30be972.html

It is Trump so what he does and says does not matter. Perjury? Felony? Sounds like Mueller has a lot of corroborating evidence beyond just Cohen's testimony.
Have you gotten anything right, ever?
Reply With Quote
  #6696  
Old 01-19-19, 10:19 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,734
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
What Buzz Feed just did might trigger folks to argue that we need more restrictions on freedom of the press.
Yes because you definitely want the next Democrat President to put restrictions on the press. That way Dotard's campaign would have never gotten off the ground.
Reply With Quote
  #6697  
Old 01-19-19, 11:55 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 7,120
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Yes because you definitely want the next Democrat President to put restrictions on the press. That way Dotard's campaign would have never gotten off the ground.
Yeah the Obama years were repressive Jim
Reply With Quote
  #6698  
Old 01-19-19, 02:08 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 18,572
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Yes because you definitely want the next Democrat President to put restrictions on the press. That way Dotard's campaign would have never gotten off the ground.
Whatever you say......
AP Photojournalist Blasts Obama's Press Restrictions As 'Orwellian Image Control'
Reply With Quote
  #6699  
Old 01-21-19, 03:55 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,809
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road


Lol Rudy walking back past remarks
Reply With Quote
  #6700  
Old 01-21-19, 04:16 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,734
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post


Lol Rudy walking back past remarks
Huh? Sounds like he got duped into believing POTUS had no contacts or personal business dealings with Russians throughout the campaign, and now realizes like everyone else that was a lie. Maybe we need a republican alternative fact decoder ring. Lotr10?
Reply With Quote
  #6701  
Old 01-21-19, 04:31 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 36,169
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
TP here creating his own realities in real time
Reply With Quote
  #6702  
Old 01-21-19, 04:38 PM
Qcity Qcity is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-31-08
Posts: 2,142
Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Huh? Sounds like he got duped into believing POTUS had no contacts or personal business dealings with Russians throughout the campaign, and now realizes like everyone else that was a lie. Maybe we need a republican alternative fact decoder ring. Lotr10?

The only non-fake facts we know are:

Bill Clinton received $500,000 directly from the Russians.

The Clinton Foundation received ten of millions of dollars in return for Sec. Clinton acquiescing to the sale of 1/5th of our uranium to the Russians (Russians, Russians).



PERIOD.
Reply With Quote
  #6703  
Old 01-21-19, 07:53 PM
domi domi is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-06-16
Posts: 1,320
domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
The only non-fake facts we know are:

Bill Clinton received $500,000 directly from the Russians.

The Clinton Foundation received ten of millions of dollars in return for Sec. Clinton acquiescing to the sale of 1/5th of our uranium to the Russians (Russians, Russians).



PERIOD.
I'm guessing you're the type of weeny that when you get pulled over for speeding you point out everyone else speeding as a justification? "Look officer, look over there! And over there!"

The Uranium One thing has been debunked multiple times. If there was anything there don't you think Donald would have directed his Justice Department to investigate it?
Reply With Quote
  #6704  
Old 01-21-19, 08:13 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
I'm guessing you're the type of weeny that when you get pulled over for speeding you point out everyone else speeding as a justification? "Look officer, look over there! And over there!"

The Uranium One thing has been debunked multiple times. If there was anything there don't you think Donald would have directed his Justice Department to investigate it?
Oh please with the BS Domi. If we had evidence that Trump was paid $500,000 for a 20 minute speech in Moscow the MSM would be all over it.

After 2 years of investigating Trump for Russian collusion the BEST and MOST COMPLETE evidence of Americans profiting from their Russian interactions remain Bill & Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Family Foundation. It is well accepted that millions of dollars have flowed from a number of Russian Oligarchs connected to Putin to the Clinton's in various ways.

And as far as your analogy goes how about this one: I'm driving 68 in a 65 mph zone and get pulled over while a couple of cars shoot by going 120 mph. You damn well better believe I'm going to be that guy that asks the cop why the hell isn't he interested in the REAL speeders that just blew by.
Reply With Quote
  #6705  
Old 01-21-19, 09:54 PM
domi domi is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-06-16
Posts: 1,320
domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Oh please with the BS Domi. If we had evidence that Trump was paid $500,000 for a 20 minute speech in Moscow the MSM would be all over it.

After 2 years of investigating Trump for Russian collusion the BEST and MOST COMPLETE evidence of Americans profiting from their Russian interactions remain Bill & Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Family Foundation. It is well accepted that millions of dollars have flowed from a number of Russian Oligarchs connected to Putin to the Clinton's in various ways
I'll use the Donald defense...

Was it illegal for Slick Willy to get paid for a speech? No? Then I don't care. Or investigate it and see what comes up. If she broke the law throw her in jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
And as far as your analogy goes how about this one: I'm driving 68 in a 65 mph zone and get pulled over while a couple of cars shoot by going 120 mph. You damn well better believe I'm going to be that guy that asks the cop why the hell isn't he interested in the REAL speeders that just blew by.
Yes officer, I broke the law but they really broke the law so go get them. If that's not a true conservative I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote
  #6706  
Old 01-22-19, 04:46 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 5,014
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Oh please with the BS Domi. If we had evidence that Trump was paid $500,000 for a 20 minute speech in Moscow the MSM would be all over it.

After 2 years of investigating Trump for Russian collusion the BEST and MOST COMPLETE evidence of Americans profiting from their Russian interactions remain Bill & Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Family Foundation. It is well accepted that millions of dollars have flowed from a number of Russian Oligarchs connected to Putin to the Clinton's in various ways.

And as far as your analogy goes how about this one: I'm driving 68 in a 65 mph zone and get pulled over while a couple of cars shoot by going 120 mph. You damn well better believe I'm going to be that guy that asks the cop why the hell isn't he interested in the REAL speeders that just blew by.

'Well accepted" by who? What evidence do you have? And I thought Trump had no business with Russia , no dealings, no loans , doesn't even know Russia? Now you are saying he did but the Clintons did something so it's ok?


Why did he lie ? Wasn't it all OK to do business with them?

Last edited by Harrycrane; 01-22-19 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6707  
Old 01-22-19, 12:28 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 13,718
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
The 10 Biggest Media Fails of the Russia Story

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...prussia-story/

It’s not been a great two years. This is just the Top Ten.
Reply With Quote
  #6708  
Old 01-23-19, 01:51 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,809
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Cohen postponing Feb 7th testimony due to threats to his family from Trump/his team

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status...460887040?s=21
Reply With Quote
  #6709  
Old 01-23-19, 01:59 PM
Qcity Qcity is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-31-08
Posts: 2,142
Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure it wasn't threats from 16 year old Christians wearing MAGA hats?
Reply With Quote
  #6710  
Old 01-23-19, 06:01 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,627
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Cohen postponing Feb 7th testimony due to threats to his family from Trump/his team

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status...460887040?s=21
What do you want to bet its not true?
Reply With Quote
  #6711  
Old 01-23-19, 06:24 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Cohen postponing Feb 7th testimony due to threats to his family from Trump/his team

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status...460887040?s=21
Well that's just awful. Are you sure that like Qcity said it wasn't the MAGA kids walking by his house?

So far EVERYTHING that the MSM reports on this story is either a lie or grossly out of context. To come to any other conclusion is to deny that the sun rises in the east.
Reply With Quote
  #6712  
Old 01-23-19, 06:25 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post

Yes officer, I broke the law but they really broke the law so go get them. If that's not a true conservative I don't know what is.
This is your response? seriously?
Reply With Quote
  #6713  
Old 01-23-19, 08:38 PM
domi domi is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-06-16
Posts: 1,320
domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
This is your response? seriously?
It should rank right up there with your look over there responses.
Reply With Quote
  #6714  
Old 01-24-19, 08:37 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 3,631
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Officials rejected Jared Kushner for top secret security clearance, but were overruled

Jared Kushner was rejected for a top secret clearance by 2 career security specialists, but their supervisor overruled them and approved him, say sources.

#draintheswamp

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...rruled-n962221
Reply With Quote
  #6715  
Old 01-24-19, 09:20 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Officials rejected Jared Kushner for top secret security clearance, but were overruled

Jared Kushner was rejected for a top secret clearance by 2 career security specialists, but their supervisor overruled them and approved him, say sources.

#draintheswamp

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...rruled-n962221
Good thing to because by all accounts Kushner is doing an excellent job for the POTUS.
Reply With Quote
  #6716  
Old 01-24-19, 09:22 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
It should rank right up there with your look over there responses.
I'm not trying for a "look" domi just trying to be honest here and if I got pulled over for doing 68 in a 65 zone while others were passing me by at 120 you damn well bet I would point this out to the officer. Sure it might cause me some grief but it is what it is. My question to you is what kind of a vegetable wouldn't say anything in this situation?
Reply With Quote
  #6717  
Old 01-24-19, 09:29 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 3,631
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Good thing to because by all accounts Kushner is doing an excellent job for the POTUS.
So security, emails, surveys...etc don't matter. Kushner is sketchy and the FBI background check was push aside by political operatives. He is the SIL of the POTUS...if chelsea did half this your head would spin off the table.

Good news China is folding....gave us (Ivanka) 5 trademarks. #winning. Maybe next step is a casino in Macau post-Presidency.
Reply With Quote
  #6718  
Old 01-24-19, 09:33 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 26,138
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
So security, emails, surveys...etc don't matter. Kushner is sketchy and the FBI background check was push aside by political operatives. He is the SIL of the POTUS...if chelsea did half this your head would spin off the table.

Good news China is folding....gave us (Ivanka) 5 trademarks. #winning. Maybe next step is a casino in Macau post-Presidency.
Unfortunately the FBI has lost much of its credibility due to the Obama administration's efforts to politicize the agency.

And I don't care if he's "sketchy" whatever that means as long as he's effective in his job. From what I can see he has done some good stuff in the Middle East.
Reply With Quote
  #6719  
Old 01-24-19, 09:35 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,719
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
So security, emails, surveys...etc don't matter. Kushner is sketchy and the FBI background check was push aside by political operatives. He is the SIL of the POTUS...if chelsea did half this your head would spin off the table.

Good news China is folding....gave us (Ivanka) 5 trademarks. #winning. Maybe next step is a casino in Macau post-Presidency.
So you are satisfied with the FBI investigation abilities here but not during kavanaughs confirmation process? Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #6720  
Old 01-24-19, 10:13 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 3,631
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Around the same time Deutsche Bank’s private wealth division was granting these extraordinary loans to Trump, business in the bank’s new Moscow branch was booming, thanks to the fact that it owned basically all of the business of Vneshtorgbank, or VTB – the Kremlin bank. It would later emerge that during this time, Deutsche Bank Moscow was laundering billions of dollars for friends of the Kremlin, money that ultimately flowed through the bank’s New York and London branches
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz