Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-31-14, 06:53 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 2: Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings

Well its "Hoover Week" in Louisville. I figured I'd open up the topic to hear your thoughts. Here are several links to classic Louisville-Hoover games I have from my archives and a look at the all-time series:

ALL-TIME SERIES

Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings All-Time Football Series

VARSITY

1964 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1971 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1992 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1993 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1995 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1999 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

2004 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

2011 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2012 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2013 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

JV

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Pictures

Freshman

1961 Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

Last edited by LeopardNation; 08-31-14 at 07:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-14, 09:33 AM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
roll leopards roll!!!
Old 08-31-14, 09:47 AM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Hoover bounces back to get the W.... I like Hoover by 7 or less.

Good luck to both teams!
Old 08-31-14, 10:30 AM
All World

ccrunner4815 is on a distinguished road
Hoover gets a win @ home 24-17. Go Vikings!
Old 08-31-14, 11:48 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
It's a toss up for me. In the end I think Louisville has too many weapons on offense for Hoover to defend. 2 4.7 guys in the backfield, 2 6'3" or better at WR, the other 2 WR's have good speed and great ball skills. If Louisville takes what the Hoover defense gives them we'll score points. The defense started a little slow last week but held a very good rushing Canfield to 100 yards of offense in the last 3 quarters of the game last week.
As of now Friday looks to be around 88 that could change, but with no full time 2 way starters a warm night favors the Leopards as well...Hoover could wear down late in the game.
Old 08-31-14, 04:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
It's a toss up for me. In the end I think Louisville has too many weapons on offense for Hoover to defend. 2 4.7 guys in the backfield, 2 6'3" or better at WR, the other 2 WR's have good speed and great ball skills. If Louisville takes what the Hoover defense gives them we'll score points. The defense started a little slow last week but held a very good rushing Canfield to 100 yards of offense in the last 3 quarters of the game last week.
As of now Friday looks to be around 88 that could change, but with no full time 2 way starters a warm night favors the Leopards as well...Hoover could wear down late in the game.
Is it just me or is Hoover always he hottest game of the year weather wise. Should be a good one as usual. I'd like to see the leopards get their passing game going. I'd like to believe they weren't showing much passing wise last week at Canfield except for when they trailed. Game will be decided in the fourth, whoever can withstand the heat and secure the football.
Old 08-31-14, 05:53 PM
All American

^^^Agreed, we didn't go down field much last week.
Hoover game does always seem to be a warm one.
Old 08-31-14, 06:08 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the Leps this week...Take it to Hoover!
Old 08-31-14, 08:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
Good luck to the Leps this week...Take it to Hoover!
Thanks Dig It! Best of Luck to your Warriors as well against Edison!
Old 08-31-14, 08:58 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
LN, Thanks. I'll try to catch up with you week 5 at Carrollton.
Old 08-31-14, 09:49 PM
All American

garydaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Hoover -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Don't forget Conner Zwick. He has a year under his belt and is one of the better QBs in the area.
Old 09-01-14, 07:17 AM
All District

hooverspfan is on a distinguished road
Hoover will need to be on their “A” game to come out on top. Hoover receivers will face a better defensive backfield this week. Hoover has one primary receiver at this point due to the lack of experience. Running gaming needs to improve a notch or two. The defense can’t give up 247 yards on the ground they will face a very good passing game with two 6’ 3” receivers. Hoover has a chance to improve this week. To me this game is a toss-up.

Last edited by hooverspfan; 09-01-14 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-01-14, 07:54 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Hoover is probably an underdog in this one yet again. I don't think Louisville has as good of a RB as Stow but they seem to have a number of weapons and can pass well. Hoover needs to get others involved in the offense other than Braucher. Defensively Hoover played better in the second half but allowing 250 yds rushing is not going to win many games especially with an inconsistent offense.

As far as the weather goes they are calling for 89 but thunderstorms and that could lower the temperature at gametime (but increase the humidity).
Old 09-01-14, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Hoover must be better up front on both sides of the ball. We've shown the ability to make big plays in the passing game but need more consistency. Defense needs to carry over the effort they had in the 2nd half vs Stow.

I won't call a week 2 game a must win but 0-2 is a big hole to dig with a trip to Fawcett looming in week 4.
Old 09-01-14, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Hoover 21
Louisville 17
Old 09-03-14, 12:05 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
I love this rivalry... my favorite game of the year for the Leps. I am sure both teams will look to improve one some things from last week.

Go Leps..
Old 09-03-14, 12:18 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Good Luck Leps!!!! Represent the NBC!!!
Old 09-03-14, 05:09 PM
All Region

ESPNCLASSIC is on a distinguished road
Hoover has won 3 of the last 4 at home vs the leps.
Louisville has a 14 game regular season winning streak.

This game isn't about X's and O's. Usually comes down to who plays the hardest.
Hoover needs this one big time!

Always a good crowd playoff feel. Should be a great game!
Old 09-03-14, 05:21 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Great series, as an old school Federal League guy from the late 60's/early 70's, I like this game and would like to see my Panthers and the Leopards renew their series instead of going to Parma or Boardman early in the year.
Good luck to both teams. My wallet says Louisville, but you can't ever count out the Vikings in this game.
Old 09-03-14, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Great series, as an old school Federal League guy from the late 60's/early 70's, I like this game and would like to see my Panthers and the Leopards renew their series instead of going to Parma or Boardman early in the year.
Good luck to both teams. My wallet says Louisville, but you can't ever count out the Vikings in this game.

Sam Bourquin was interviewing an Alliance Review's sportswriter and they were talking about the possibility of Louisville getting back into the Fed. What do the fed fans think about this proposal?
Old 09-03-14, 05:58 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Sam Bourquin was interviewing an Alliance Review's sportswriter and they were talking about the possibility of Louisville getting back into the Fed. What do the fed fans think about this proposal?
The NBC isn't doing much for them... but lately neither would the fed.
Old 09-04-14, 01:50 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
I would be surprised to see Louisville re-join the FED but I have seen crazier things. As far as this game they are now reporting 90 degrees for a high friday (saturday but no longer a chance of thunderstorms. So cramping is a very good possibility.

This game is as close to a must win for Hoover as there can be. If so Hoover would be 0-2 going into a midseason scrimmage with canada then opening FED play. Not a good start.
Old 09-04-14, 06:15 AM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Would have preferred Louisville and Massillon in the Fed, as opposed to just adding Green...But, to answer your question, i don't believe Louisville would ever consider returning to the Fed...
Old 09-04-14, 06:53 AM
All American

2 years ago I would have said no way... Because of those in charge. Today I would say with the new AD and Super, that's not crazy talk anymore. The expectation level across the board has gone up for coaches from the youth level up to high school. Couple that with increasing or steady growth in the school system and you could see it in the future.

Either way we have 2 choices for a league, the NBC or the Fed, with the numbers we have now we're the biggest in one league or the smallest in the other. It comes down to what league can we consistently compete in all/most sports.
Old 09-04-14, 08:37 AM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
Hoover keeps it close early, then my Leps pull it out by 10 to win. Go Leps!
Old 09-04-14, 10:38 AM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Louisville could not hang in the fed week in and week out in football. Other sports we seem to lose most of the time in.

Bottom line we would be a little less successful than Lake has been as of late.

The fed has been bad lately, but so has the nbc.

Louisville doesnt have the kids/recruits to compete in the fed year in and year out.

I would think our school board/AD understands that.
Old 09-04-14, 11:42 AM
All World

In-Depth Preview of Friday's Game:

Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings In-Depth Football Preview
Old 09-04-14, 12:02 PM
All Region

ESPNCLASSIC is on a distinguished road
LN
great write up on the game! You did an awesome job with ur input and I always look forward to it when the vikes and leps meet up.

Gonn be a hot one! If Hoover plays 4 qtrs and doesn't turn it over I like their chances.
Old 09-04-14, 05:37 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNCLASSIC View Post
Hoover has won 3 of the last 4 at home vs the leps.
Interesting stat, I know in college home field has an advantage, but never put a lot of thought into high school and home field. I guess with the amount of fans that are able to attend away games, I always felt it was pretty even.
Old 09-05-14, 03:14 AM
All Region

the kid
I have a hunch hoover gets a big win tomorrow night. Hoover should have beaten louisville last yr but didn't get it done. Hoover 35 Louisville 24