Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-17-17, 06:47 AM
Varsity

sbutler is on a distinguished road
Lacrosse

First year sanctioned by OHSAA and it is still a lackluster sport at Elder.
Old 04-17-17, 02:49 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
At this point, besides wrestling and volleyball, what isn't?
Old 04-18-17, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
At this point, besides wrestling and volleyball, what isn't?
Jesus, shut up. I still can't wrap my head around why you continue to follow Elder sports if you think this way. Just give up, like your parents gave up on you.

Last edited by Descartes; 04-18-17 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-18-17, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
First year sanctioned by OHSAA and it is still a lackluster sport at Elder.
Nugent looked like he got them on the right track a few years ago, but they've flatlined. Really inexcusable considering this is the most amount of talent they've had with kids like Mullen, Streicher, Hilsinger, and Winner.
Old 04-18-17, 11:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Jesus, shut up. I still can't wrap my head around why you continue to follow Elder sports if you think this way. Just give up, like your parents gave up on you.
Um...you are the poster child for this.

Since when did you do the 180 on praising Elder athletics...the admin make you change your tune?

According to you, baseball, lacrosse and basketball are now all lost causes.
Old 04-18-17, 11:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Um...you are the poster child for this.

Since when did you do the 180 on praising Elder athletics...the admin make you change your tune?
I'm not praising them, I'm saying if you constantly feel the need to tell us why Elder will always suck, why are you here? You're entitled to your opinion, and you've made it clear, there's nothing else that needs to be said.

I'm not necessarily "praising the Admin", I'm just telling you, they're trying to get better. They didn't just say "F- It, we don't care about winning."

And you're the one saying every sport but Vball and wrestling is a lost cause. I recognize THIS particular year, the athletic programs have struggled, but I'm not short sighted enough to view this as a structural decline.
Old 04-18-17, 11:35 AM
All American

Quote:
I'm not praising them, I'm saying if you constantly feel the need to tell us why Elder will always suck, why are you here?

."
How can you honestly ask me that question without realizing the blatant irony in it?
Old 04-18-17, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
How can you honestly ask me that question without realizing the blatant irony in it?
Bc it's not ironic. You come on here with these sissified underhanded/passive aggressive barbs. If you feel like the decline is PERMANENT (that's the key), give up.
Old 04-18-17, 11:38 AM
All American

The decline is permanent without a radical shift in investment, resources, and top-down strategic planning. 100%.

I'm smart enough to realize that true change starts at the top - not with a grade school conditioning program.
Old 04-18-17, 11:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The decline is permanent without a radical shift in investment, resources, and top-down strategic planning. 100%.

I'm smart enough to realize that true change starts at the top - not with a grade school conditioning program.
What you call strategic planning is blatantly against the rules. And the grade school S&C is just one of a few things. And you keep applying the same template of failure to every sport. Baseball and lacrosse are not struggling for the same reasons football and bball are. It's clear you just like to passive aggressively whine about this. You're a real coward.
Old 04-18-17, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not praising them, I'm saying if you constantly feel the need to tell us why Elder will always suck, why are you here? You're entitled to your opinion, and you've made it clear, there's nothing else that needs to be said.

The irony in this post is hilarious. People have literally been saying this exact thing to you for years now. Don't get me wrong trey is incredibly annoying ruining nearly everything thread with his "get used to it" crap, but the fact that you're the one who made the comment above is too funny.
Old 04-18-17, 01:17 PM
All American

While I can be annoying, I also realize that one's opinion is often shaped by experience. So are some of the "complainers" just complaining to complain...yes. But some have legit gripes.

But yes, the irony of that post is off the charts. Zero self-awareness.
Old 04-18-17, 01:18 PM
All American

Quote:
What you call strategic planning is blatantly against the rules. And the grade school S&C is just one of a few things. And you keep applying the same template of failure to every sport. Baseball and lacrosse are not struggling for the same reasons football and bball are. It's clear you just like to passive aggressively whine about this. You're a real coward.
Um...I'm not saying they should cheat.

I'm saying that a drastic shift (which I think is needed to compete) requires a well-constructed, strategic plan...one that invests in more people, infrastructure, and marketing/promotion/development. That takes $$$$$. The big guys are the ones that control that.
Old 04-18-17, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Um...I'm not saying they should cheat.

I'm saying that a drastic shift (which I think is needed to compete) requires a well-constructed, strategic plan...one that invests in more people, infrastructure, and marketing/promotion/development. That takes $$$$$. The big guys are the ones that control that.
Infrastructure? They just built the PAC and remodeled the bball court. They definitely need a new wt room.
Old 04-18-17, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post

The irony in this post is hilarious. People have literally been saying this exact thing to you for years now. Don't get me wrong trey is incredibly annoying ruining nearly everything thread with his "get used to it" crap, but the fact that you're the one who made the comment above is too funny.
I'm not sure what you mean. I've never told everyone on here to "get use" to failure. I don't have a problem saying certain teams have underachieved or that Elder's underachieved as a whole, but I'll never advocate for that as a status quo.
Old 04-18-17, 02:21 PM
All American

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean..
Most self aware thing you've typed on here in 5 years.
Old 04-18-17, 02:48 PM
All American

polar panther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Most self aware thing you've typed on here in 5 years.
This is hilarious.
Old 04-18-17, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. I've never told everyone on here to "get use" to failure. I don't have a problem saying certain teams have underachieved or that Elder's underachieved as a whole, but I'll never advocate for that as a status quo.
That's not what I'm talking about. The fact that it went right over your head makes it even more comical. You're no better than the trey's or anyone else you've called stupid, ignorant, etc.
Old 04-18-17, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Focus on the bolded section and you might understand.
Old 04-18-17, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Focus on the bolded section and you might understand.
I'm not a little wuss who says "Elder sports suck, just accept it."
Old 04-18-17, 03:56 PM
All American

He always deflects....always. He will never own what he said. Deep down, he knows. We all know he know.
Old 04-18-17, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He always deflects....always. He will never own what he said. Deep down, he knows. We all know he know.
I'm not sure what you're referencing. I'm not trying saying the current athletic output is acceptable, bc it's not. However, I do not accept that this is the way things have to be. I'm happy to give credit to coaches and staff when they come up with new initiatives. At the same time, those initiatives only matter if they translate into wins.
Old 04-18-17, 06:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not a little wuss who says "Elder sports suck, just accept it."
No but for the better part of three years (maybe longer), you said the exact same things, wanted the same people fired, wanted kids to be replaced because they couldn't hack it etc.

Many responded to you in the same manner you just answered trey here. "You're entitled to your opinion, and you've made it clear, there's nothing else that needs to be said."
Old 04-18-17, 07:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No but for the better part of three years (maybe longer), you said the exact same things, wanted the same people fired, wanted kids to be replaced because they couldn't hack it etc.

Many responded to you in the same manner you just answered trey here. "You're entitled to your opinion, and you've made it clear, there's nothing else that needs to be said."
At least I was pushing for solutions. A big reason why so many people outside the inner circle at Elder often question their desire to win is bc they're so resistant to change. When you don't know what's going on behind the scenes, all you can do is make assumptions on face value.
Old 04-18-17, 08:44 PM
All American

Do you actually think the Elder admin is going to take input on solutions? To them, that's like admitting they've made some mistakes.

I would love to see them ask alumni what they think can solve some of this. I don't think it will happen, mostly because I'm pretty sure they feel they are in control of this, and that things aren't as dire as some people think.

I would also love for them to be transparent about some of things they are doing or plan on doing to help...don't think we will see that either.

Oftentimes, organizations that are most fearful of transparency are the ones that need it the most.
Old 04-18-17, 08:50 PM
All American

Quote:
At least I was pushing for solutions. A big reason why so many people outside the inner circle at Elder often question their desire to win is bc they're so resistant to change. When you don't know what's going on behind the scenes, all you can do is make assumptions on face value.
Who is resistant to change? The inner circle or the people questioning their desire?

Because I think the people questioning their methods are the ones that seek change the most. You have to admit there hasn't been much change at Elder in a long time.
Old 04-18-17, 08:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Who is resistant to change? The inner circle or the people questioning their desire?

Because I think the people questioning their methods are the ones that seek change the most. You have to admit there hasn't been much change at Elder in a long time.
Quote:
Do you actually think the Elder admin is going to take input on solutions? To them, that's like admitting they've made some mistakes.

I would love to see them ask alumni what they think can solve some of this. I don't think it will happen, mostly because I'm pretty sure they feel they are in control of this, and that things aren't as dire as some people think.

I would also love for them to be transparent about some of things they are doing or plan on doing to help...don't think we will see that either.

Oftentimes, organizations that are most fearful of transparency are the ones that need it the most.
It's important to get alumni input regarding the school as a whole, but no HS is going to ask their fans input on the athletic program.

The only thing I want to know is what the plans are for a new weight room. I know Kyle Rudolph said he'd help donate $, but that's before he had a family. You can't hold a 23/24 yr old to that commitment. I'd wish they'd tell us exactly how much they $ need to get things going. Elder's never had trouble raising $, there's no need to keep things stalled out.
Old 04-18-17, 09:10 PM
All American

What does a new weight room do? Do the weights in the current weight room not work? Are you thinking of that as more of an attraction tool, or is the equipment so old that it doesn't allow kids to develop the way they should?

Does a new weight room really gets kids in there and improving? Kids that are passionate about getting better hit the weight room...whether it's old or new.
Old 04-18-17, 09:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Does a new weight room really gets kids in there and improving? Kids that are passionate about getting better hit the weight room...whether it's old or new.
It's not about passion, it's about the logistics: more equipment and increased space will lead to better results.
Old 04-18-17, 09:32 PM
All American

There's only one thing that gets results.