Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-17, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Admin...

. Ruffing owes us an explanation for this disaster.

Last edited by Descartes; 03-10-17 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-09-17, 10:09 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Um...huh? Did something happen or are you just being your normal self?
Old 03-09-17, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Um...huh? Did something happen or are you just being your normal self?
Needs to be said. Time to rally and let the Admin know this f- up won't happen again.
Old 03-09-17, 10:26 PM
All American

What won't happen again? No clue what you're talking about.
Old 03-09-17, 10:30 PM
All Yappi

Having a class lower in enrollment than LS. Every single one of you should be pissed off and asking questions.
Old 03-09-17, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

polar panther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What won't happen again? No clue what you're talking about.
I'm assuming the number of incoming freshman class being less than LaSalle's. even though there hasn't been real proof of either school's actual numbers. But hey, why wait for the facts, right? It's much more fun to go off the deep end
Old 03-09-17, 10:39 PM
All American

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they have more. It's probably something we should all start getting used to. Elder's best athletic days are behind them with how they run their sports programs. If you don't have a legacy name, or connected to a legacy name through their inner circle, good luck getting noticed.

If they continue to not open up recruiting, forget it.
Old 03-09-17, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they have more. It's probably something we should all start getting used to. Elder's best athletic days are behind them.
Shut up you fricken wuss. Their best days don't have to be behind them and if you think that leave. Why waste time on here?
Old 03-09-17, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they have more. It's probably something we should all start getting used to. Elder's best athletic days are behind them with how they run their sports programs. If you don't have a legacy name, might as well go somewhere else, you have no shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar panther View Post
I'm assuming the number of incoming freshman class being less than LaSalle's. even though there hasn't been real proof of either school's actual numbers. But hey, why wait for the facts, right? It's much more fun to go off the deep end
Too much smoke not to be fire.
Old 03-09-17, 10:47 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
All these mysteries would be solved if Barrett Cohen chartered a plane to fly a banner with the enrollment in each school's freshman class for next school over Elder. If it was a sufficiently large banner, we could probably see it from the parking lot at Price Hill Chili. It wouldn't cost LaSalle anything since they could just tap into the bail out money from the Archdiocese.
Old 03-09-17, 10:51 PM
All Yappi

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
All these mysteries would be solved if Barrett Cohen chartered a plane to fly a banner with the enrollment in each school's freshman class for next school over Elder. If it was a sufficiently large banner, we could probably see it from the parking lot at Price Hill Chili. It wouldn't cost LaSalle anything since they could just tap into the bail out money from the Archdiocese.
Glad you find it funny, but I don't. However, I'm not the sycophant to the current Admin like you.
Old 03-09-17, 10:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Shut up you fricken wuss. Their best days don't have to be behind them and if you think that leave. Why waste time on here?
First off, why are you yelling at me? I didn't create this. None of us can stop it either.

Perfect example...take a look at the names on the 7th grade AAU team they picked. Legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy.

These kids have been playing together since 2nd grade. They were hand-picked at 2nd grade. There were never tryouts before this year. They've had the same hand-picked team for years. They get the benefits of using Elder and all that comes with that...how is anyone else ever going to break through?

Yes, I know this team is very good. But every other boy in that grade that wants to play basketball never had a shot. And they will never get a shot. And that's bull. They will ride these guys until they are Seniors, whether they end up being good or not. Seems to be the same for baseball.

Think of the advantage these kids get when legacy dads hand-pick every level of their kids program (baseball and basketball)? If you're out of the circle, you're screwed. And that's BS. I really wish more people would speak out on this crap.

They actually tell these kids and parents "this has no affiliation with Elder baseball/basketball", yet the teams never change. And all of the other parents under their breath say "yeah right", while the legacy kids are getting fitted for uniforms and scheduling personal workouts with the coaches.

Last edited by trey2k; 03-09-17 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-09-17, 10:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
First off, why are you yelling at me? I didn't create this. None of us can stop it either.

Perfect example...take a look at the names on the 7th grade AAU team they picked. Legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy, legacy.

These kids have been playing together since 2nd grade. They were hand-picked at 2nd grade. There were never tryouts before this year. They've had the same hand-picked team for years. They get the benefits of using Elder and all that comes with that...how is anyone else ever going to break through?

Yes, I know this team is very good. But every other boy in that grade that wants to play basketball never had a shot. And they will never get a shot. And that's bull. They will ride these guys until they are Seniors, whether they end up being good or not.

Think of the advantage these kids get when legacy dads hand-pick every level of their kids program? If you're out of the circle, you're screwed. And that's BS. I really wish more people would speak out on this crap.
We're not talking sports, this is actual enrollment. I don't know enough about these teams, but all these WAC players are the same. They need non feeder talent. There's only so many combo Guards and undersized Small Forwards you can fit on one roster. But if you're going to make passive aggressive comments all the time, quit following them. There's already too many nutless people on here.
Old 03-09-17, 11:09 PM
All American

It's not going to change...they will not relinquish the control they have. This is how they want it.
Old 03-09-17, 11:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's not going to change...they will not relinquish the control they have. This is how they want it.
Again, not about sports specifically. And you can be your typical passive aggressive beta male self, but something will get done.
Old 03-09-17, 11:16 PM
All American

By who?
Old 03-09-17, 11:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
By who?
There's already unhappy alums getting ready to "talk" to Ruffing about the sh1tty enrollment. I'll do what I can, you go ahead and keep being the passive aggressive girl you are.
Old 03-09-17, 11:21 PM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Best post of 2017 so far.
Old 03-09-17, 11:21 PM
All American

I've got enough to worry about in my life besides Elder's enrollment. If your cause is this passionate, then go after it. I wish you luck, and I mean that.
Old 03-09-17, 11:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanther View Post
Best post of 2017 so far.
Again, why is it funny? You guys who are laughing this off have your lips pressed on my the Admin's azz.
Old 03-10-17, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

Like I said, Elder needed to slit LS's throat while they were vulnerable. Instead, they f'd up big time and gave them new life.
Old 03-10-17, 08:37 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
How many threads can Pboy start/ruin before his point gets made? I've counted three so far.
Old 03-10-17, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Pboy proves on a nearly post-by-post basis that he got absolutely nothing from his Elder education that he should have.
Old 03-10-17, 08:40 AM
Varsity

sbutler is on a distinguished road
This is why I come onto the Yappi boards; this is so out there that it is comical.
Old 03-10-17, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
How many threads can Pboy start/ruin before his point gets made? I've counted three so far.
It's proof that he'll walk through the fires of hell to make sure Elder succeeds, unlike the rest of us.
Old 03-10-17, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Like I said, Elder needed to slit LS's throat while they were vulnerable. Instead, they f'd up big time and gave them new life.
You never fought Cohen, so you're also personally responsible.
Old 03-10-17, 08:56 AM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
NVA is raising a question that pretty much everyone over the last two weeks has raised or commented on either negatively or dont care either way do to the "way things are". The status quo and lets just wait until next year and see what happens will not change things unless EHS has an actionable plan in place to create a change in the methodology in which EHS goes about with recruiting culture. Elder doesnt bandwidth to execute a what they need to do and NVA in his own way - is in fact elevating it publicly.

Legacy is legacy but how many families flipped to another school do to finances, or because they were given the right level of information to make a sound decision for their son. This is an uncomfortable conversation however his message while direct is spot on if you really look at the big picture. Avoiding the "Mercyless rule" is our goal and we need to wake up to the fact that its staring EHS right in the face.
Old 03-10-17, 08:56 AM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Definitely in the running for post of the year
Old 03-10-17, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
Definitely in the running for post of the year
Priceless comment.
Old 03-10-17, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Pboy proves on a nearly post-by-post basis that he got absolutely nothing from his Elder education that he should have.
What about my Elder education would indicate it's ok to bring in less than 200 Freshman? The Admin f'd up and they need to make it right.

Last edited by Descartes; 03-10-17 at 09:59 AM.