Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-12-15, 01:40 PM
All District

ElderHockeyDad
Elder Hockey

My guess is there are not many hockey fans of here, but hoping someone knows what time the game at the Gardens is tomorrow vs. Troy. Website still says TBA.
Old 02-16-16, 11:52 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...2016/80474354/
Old 02-17-16, 04:24 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
That was a really nice article. If you go by seeds, the hockey team is favored over Watterson, #14 vs. #22. The winner gets #4 Upper Arlington the next day, again in C-bus. Hopefully the Polar Panthers will be spending alot of time this weekend on I-71.
Old 02-17-16, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
Hopefully the Polar Panthers will be spending alot of time this weekend on I-71.
The cross-country team is going to be running on I-71 this weekend?
Old 02-17-16, 09:19 PM
All Region

ogealbhain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Thanks for posting. I'm going to take my boys after my one son's hockey game.
Old 02-17-16, 09:26 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That was a really nice article. If you go by seeds, the hockey team is favored over Watterson, #14 vs. #22. The winner gets #4 Upper Arlington the next day, again in C-bus. Hopefully the Polar Panthers will be spending alot of time this weekend on I-71.
I played hockey for about 10 years. It is the most demanding sport out of the big four. I would suggest checking out an Elder hockey game. A lot of their games are at the Gardens. That place is just awesome.
Old 02-17-16, 09:59 PM
Freshman

BleedPurple62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I played hockey for about 10 years. It is the most demanding sport out of the big four. I would suggest checking out an Elder hockey game. A lot of their games are at the Gardens. That place is just awesome.
I couldn't disagree more... Have you ever watched high school wrestling? Try eating only a couple cans of tuna and an orange to stay under weight.
Old 02-17-16, 10:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
The cross-country team is going to be running on I-71 this weekend?
Hmmm . . . I didn't know that is the name of the CC team, presumably as they do their winter workouts.
I'm sure V&R is right, attending a Panther hockey game probably would be a real good time. I'm a casual hockey fan, mainly from going to Swords, Stingers, and Blue Jackets games; I know most but not all the rules.
Good luck this weekend to the Panther hockey team. Regardless of when they play their last game, they've had a great season. Definite props.
Old 02-17-16, 10:36 PM
Cooling Off

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Hmmm . . . I didn't know that is the name of the CC team, presumably as they do their winter workouts.
I'm sure V&R is right, attending a Panther hockey game probably would be a real good time. I'm a casual hockey fan, mainly from going to Swords, Stingers, and Blue Jackets games; I know most but not all the rules.
Good luck this weekend to the Panther hockey team. Regardless of when they play their last game, they've had a great season. Definite props.
Even more impressive considering the program isn't even 15 years old and Cincinnati is not a hockey town.
Old 02-18-16, 09:45 AM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
What a great compliment to Elder and the hockey kids over the years to finally get recognition for sticking with this sport. Adam Baum is an Elder kid who took the time to capture the essence of Elder and their love for sports. Hats off to the Hockey Team's and the success they have had this year and in years past.
Old 02-18-16, 10:13 AM
Cooling Off

Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple62 View Post
I couldn't disagree more... Have you ever watched high school wrestling? Try eating only a couple cans of tuna and an orange to stay under weight.
Well he did say Big 4.
Old 02-18-16, 10:14 AM
Cooling Off

Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Yup!
Old 02-18-16, 11:23 AM
Cooling Off

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
What a great compliment to Elder and the hockey kids over the years to finally get recognition for sticking with this sport. Adam Baum is an Elder kid who took the time to capture the essence of Elder and their love for sports. Hats off to the Hockey Team's and the success they have had this year and in years past.
I graduated with him, he's a good guy. He loves Elder but remains impartial in his work.
Old 02-18-16, 08:00 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I wonder if the boys know about the past performers who have graced the stage at The Gardens. Elvis and the Beatles to start is not too shabby. A lot of ghosts and history in that building. Richard Nixon even held a political rally there.

Here's a partial list.

As for entertainers, the Gardens has hosted, literally, hundreds of the biggest names in show business – Elvis, the Beatles, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Sammy Davis Jr., Tom Petty, Neil Diamond, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Kinks, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam – and even Lawrence Welk. Country singers appearing include Reba McEntire, Tammy Wynette, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams Jr., Randy Travis, Statler Brothers, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Alan Jackson, Wynonna Judd, and many more. Though he didn’t perform on stage, Garth Brooks visited the Gardens to enjoy some public ice-skating. So did actor Alan Thicke.

For kids and families, there have been circuses, ice follies, and shows featuring Sesame Street, Snoopy, Bugs Bunny and Barney (the dinosaur, not Rubble). There have been horse shows, dog shows, and baseball card shows with the sport’s superstars such as Mickey Mantle
Old 02-18-16, 10:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
I wonder if the boys know about the past performers who have graced the stage at The Gardens. Elvis and the Beatles to start is not too shabby. A lot of ghosts and history in that building. Richard Nixon even held a political rally there.

Here's a partial list.

As for entertainers, the Gardens has hosted, literally, hundreds of the biggest names in show business – Elvis, the Beatles, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Sammy Davis Jr., Tom Petty, Neil Diamond, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Kinks, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam – and even Lawrence Welk. Country singers appearing include Reba McEntire, Tammy Wynette, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams Jr., Randy Travis, Statler Brothers, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Alan Jackson, Wynonna Judd, and many more. Though he didn’t perform on stage, Garth Brooks visited the Gardens to enjoy some public ice-skating. So did actor Alan Thicke.

For kids and families, there have been circuses, ice follies, and shows featuring Sesame Street, Snoopy, Bugs Bunny and Barney (the dinosaur, not Rubble). There have been horse shows, dog shows, and baseball card shows with the sport’s superstars such as Mickey Mantle
That is impressive.
Old 02-20-16, 06:27 PM
All Region

1-1 after 1
Old 02-20-16, 10:36 PM
All American

According to the OHSAA website, the hockey team's season ended today with a 6-1 loss to C-bus Bishop Watterson. Still, the team had the best season in Elder hockey history, setting a very high bar for all future hockey teams. Serious props!