Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-18, 02:07 AM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,232
Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2018

Below are the results of the BBWAA vote to elect the Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2018 with vote totals and percentages. A total of 422 ballots were cast, with 317 required for election.

Chipper Jones: 410 votes (97.2%)
Vladimir Guerrero: 392 votes (92.9%)
Jim Thome: 379 votes (89.8%)
Trevor Hoffman: 337 votes (79.9%)


---

Edgar Martinez: 297 votes (70.4%)
Mike Mussina: 268 votes (63.5%)
Roger Clemens: 242 votes (57.3%)
Barry Bonds: 238 votes (56.4%)
Curt Schilling: 216 votes (51.2%)
Omar Vizquel: 156 votes (37.0%)
Larry Walker: 144 votes (34.1%)
Fred McGriff: 98 votes (23.2%)
Manny Ramirez: 93 votes (22.0%)
Jeff Kent: 61 votes (14.5%)
Gary Sheffield: 47 votes (11.1%)
Billy Wagner: 47 votes (11.1%)
Scott Rolen: 43 votes (10.2%)
Sammy Sosa: 33 votes (7.8%)
Andruw Jones: 31 votes (7.3%)

---

Jamie Moyer: 10 votes (2.4%)
Johan Santana: 10 votes (2.4%)
Johnny Damon: 8 votes (1.9%)
Hideki Matsui: 4 votes (0.9%)
Chris Carpenter: 2 votes (0.5%)
Kerry Wood: 2 votes (0.5%)
Livan Hernandez: 1 vote (0.2%)
Carlos Lee: 1 vote (0.2%)
Orlando Hudson: 0 votes
Aubrey Huff: 0 votes
Jason Isringhausen: 0 votes
Brad Lidge: 0 votes
Kevin Millwood: 0 votes
Carlos Zambrano: 0 votes

All candidates who received less than 5 percent of the vote on ballots cast will be removed from future BBWAA consideration.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-25-18, 09:23 AM
wolves82 wolves82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 797
wolves82 is on a distinguished road
I was pulling for Brad Lidge.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-18, 09:37 AM
bedevil's Avatar
bedevil bedevil is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-03-03
Location: The First Tee
Posts: 10,588
bedevil is on a distinguished road
I am stunned that Omar Vizquel received only 37% of the vote. I wasn't expecting him to get in on the first ballot. However, Ozzie Smith did, and Vizquel, who did play five more seasons than Smith, exceeds Smith in several batting categories. But, even the most calloused observer has to concede, if there was ever a player who was Smith's equal fielding the position of shortstop, it was Vizquel. I was hoping to see him get at least 55%.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-18, 11:47 AM
troyboy73 troyboy73 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-05
Location: springfield
Posts: 3,617
troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to those four.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-18, 03:06 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,786
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Thome!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-18, 05:32 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,437
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I am stunned that Omar Vizquel received only 37% of the vote. I wasn't expecting him to get in on the first ballot. However, Ozzie Smith did, and Vizquel, who did play five more seasons than Smith, exceeds Smith in several batting categories. But, even the most calloused observer has to concede, if there was ever a player who was Smith's equal fielding the position of shortstop, it was Vizquel. I was hoping to see him get at least 55%.
Right on, brother. Omar belongs easily.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-18, 09:48 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,892
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I am stunned that Omar Vizquel received only 37% of the vote. I wasn't expecting him to get in on the first ballot. However, Ozzie Smith did, and Vizquel, who did play five more seasons than Smith, exceeds Smith in several batting categories. But, even the most calloused observer has to concede, if there was ever a player who was Smith's equal fielding the position of shortstop, it was Vizquel. I was hoping to see him get at least 55%.
Dave Concepcion numbers matches Vizquel's are better than Smith.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-18, 11:57 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Thome!
Happy for him, by all accounts, one of the all time good guys in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-18, 11:59 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Below are the results of the BBWAA vote to elect the Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2018 with vote totals and percentages. A total of 422 ballots were cast, with 317 required for election.

Chipper Jones: 410 votes (97.2%)
Vladimir Guerrero: 392 votes (92.9%)
Jim Thome: 379 votes (89.8%)
Trevor Hoffman: 337 votes (79.9%)


---

Edgar Martinez: 297 votes (70.4%)
Mike Mussina: 268 votes (63.5%)
Roger Clemens: 242 votes (57.3%)
Barry Bonds: 238 votes (56.4%)
Curt Schilling: 216 votes (51.2%)
Omar Vizquel: 156 votes (37.0%)
Larry Walker: 144 votes (34.1%)
Fred McGriff: 98 votes (23.2%)
Manny Ramirez: 93 votes (22.0%)
Jeff Kent: 61 votes (14.5%)
Gary Sheffield: 47 votes (11.1%)
Billy Wagner: 47 votes (11.1%)
Scott Rolen: 43 votes (10.2%)
Sammy Sosa: 33 votes (7.8%)
Andruw Jones: 31 votes (7.3%)

---

Jamie Moyer: 10 votes (2.4%)
Johan Santana: 10 votes (2.4%)
Johnny Damon: 8 votes (1.9%)
Hideki Matsui: 4 votes (0.9%)
Chris Carpenter: 2 votes (0.5%)
Kerry Wood: 2 votes (0.5%)
Livan Hernandez: 1 vote (0.2%)
Carlos Lee: 1 vote (0.2%)
Orlando Hudson: 0 votes
Aubrey Huff: 0 votes
Jason Isringhausen: 0 votes
Brad Lidge: 0 votes
Kevin Millwood: 0 votes
Carlos Zambrano: 0 votes

All candidates who received less than 5 percent of the vote on ballots cast will be removed from future BBWAA consideration.
Ridiculous Schilling isn't in.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-31-18, 12:07 PM
wolves82 wolves82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 797
wolves82 is on a distinguished road
This is not the Hall of Very Good, it should be the Hall of Great. Schilling career stats don't quite measure up IMO, despite his postseason excellence.

Although I guess you could get him in on the bloody sock thing, since Ozzie Smith got in for doing backflips. Vizquel needed better stats or a gimmick like Ozzie.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-31-18, 12:49 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
This is not the Hall of Very Good, it should be the Hall of Great. Schilling career stats don't quite measure up IMO, despite his postseason excellence.

Although I guess you could get him in on the bloody sock thing, since Ozzie Smith got in for doing backflips. Vizquel needed better stats or a gimmick like Ozzie.
Post season stats deserve higher weighting. He was absolutely dominant in the 2 post seasons his teams won WS.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
2017 Class - Ohio Chapter of National Wrestling Hall of fame Refman Wrestling 3 09-19-17 12:57 PM
2018 14u Canes Baseball Tryout Canesbaseball804 Baseball 6 07-13-17 09:04 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz