Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-11-18, 07:17 PM
Freshman

PBA2 is on a distinguished road
2019 Cooperstown Dreams Park Certificate

Good evening, Iím looking to [B]purchase[B] a 2019 Cooperstown Dreams Park Grandfather certificate. If you have one available to purchase please contact me via email.

Rvhink@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-18, 08:08 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
How exactly do these certificates work?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-18, 08:51 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBA2 View Post
Good evening, Iím looking to purchase a 2019 Cooperstown Dreams Park Grandfather certificate. If you have one available to purchase please contact me via email.

Rvhink@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!
Someone may rent you one...
Old 06-12-18, 08:39 AM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
It always makes me laugh that teams actually expect to get money for allowing another team to us a certificate that THEY ARE NOT USING ANYWAY!! If you have one, you aren't using it for a year just let another team have it and enjoy the experience....you'll get it back. The fact that teams actually ask for money in return for giving it up for a summer is actually pretty pathetic.
Old 06-12-18, 08:40 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
I guess I'll ask again. What is this certificate?

Old 06-12-18, 09:11 AM
All Ohio

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
It always makes me laugh that teams actually expect to get money for allowing another team to us a certificate that THEY ARE NOT USING ANYWAY!! If you have one, you aren't using it for a year just let another team have it and enjoy the experience....you'll get it back. The fact that teams actually ask for money in return for giving it up for a summer is actually pretty pathetic.
+1

I thought it was all about the kids?! LOL!
Old 06-12-18, 11:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I guess I'll ask again. What is this certificate?

The certificate essentially guarantees your organization a spot every year. If you get an open spot on your own you've got a spot every year as long as you keep sending a team. If you don't you lose it.

Teams that have the certificate and don't play to use it will "sell" or "rent" it to other teams for one year....knowing they'll get it back for future years. I get it that organizations that send a team every year get to keep going, but if you're not going to use it for a year or two it's pretty crappy that they feel the need to make money off of other teams who just want to give their kids the Cooperstown experience. Just let someone else use it and go play if you're note going to.
Old 06-13-18, 06:04 PM
Freshman

Unfortunately, that’s the world we live in and I have yet to come across anyone that will let me “use” it and not expect something in return. So if I can purchase one for the organization I’m affiliated with and then it’s on them to keep it going. If I can’t purchase one, we’ll do something else. CTown is an awesome experience but there are other options. Thanks.
Old 06-14-18, 09:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBA2 View Post
Unfortunately, thatís the world we live in and I have yet to come across anyone that will let me ďuseĒ it and not expect something in return. So if I can purchase one for the organization Iím affiliated with and then itís on them to keep it going. If I canít purchase one, weíll do something else. CTown is an awesome experience but there are other options. Thanks.
PBA.....how about listing all the "offers" you've had....who has one and how much they wanted to charge a bunch of 12 year olds to have a great time and enjoy baseball. Maybe if they see it on a public forum they'll realize how ridiculous they are trying to make money from it
Old 06-14-18, 02:16 PM
Freshman

That’s an idea, but I’m not here to embarrass anyone. I’m just playing the game. If I can purchase one great if not we’ll find something else to do. I was in Orlando for spring training and took my son to the Braves Yankees game at ESPN. They have a huge complex and run tourneys there year-round. If I had known they did that I would have taken our 11U team. That may be an option but we’ll see. Thanks for the feedback!!