Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-12-18, 06:57 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,817
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
not one mention of human rights . NK has bene working hard on their nuclear program for what 60 years? So as they have done previously they stopped testing , they promise things and little to nothing changes.

We'll see what happens , but to not even talk about the incredible human rights atrocities there is crazy to me. But then again what does he really care about that? He cares about saying he is better than any other Prez and getting credit for things .


Back to the real world , As Trump lauds Kim for being a very talented man and blasted Trudeau for being a weak turd . Good times. 'Justin DIDNT KNOW I WAS WATCHIGN ON THE PLANE " good Lord. It si going to cost the people of Canada" I saw that press conference , didn't see anything wrong with it myself . Trump is really a piece of work . Said Kim loves his country very much. What would it be like over there if he only liked his country ?


People would be making less than 5 bucks a day ?

So you want 60 more years of relations on a knifes edge? Sixty more years where one mistake costs the lives of millions of people in the bloodiest war since WW2? Sixty more years where 30,000 American men & women in the armed forces could be obliterated? You want all this in order to have the satisfaction of virtue signaling on HUMAN RIGHTS!

If and it's still a big IF this meeting leads to the removal of nuclear weapons from the Korean peninsula and it deescalates the military confrontation it will be one of the biggest foreign policy achievements of the US over the last 100 years. The added bonus will be that if Kim opens up his society even a little bit as a result of this summit then the human rights of his people will start to improve.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-12-18, 07:01 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 2,371
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
So you want 60 more years of relations on a knifes edge? Sixty more years where one mistake costs the lives of millions of people in the bloodiest war since WW2? Sixty more years where 30,000 American men & women in the armed forces could be obliterated? You want all this in order to have the satisfaction of virtue signaling on HUMAN RIGHTS!

If and it's still a big IF this meeting leads to the removal of nuclear weapons from the Korean peninsula and it deescalates the military confrontation it will be one of the biggest foreign policy achievements of the US over the last 100 years. The added bonus will be that if Kim opens up his society even a little bit as a result of this summit then the human rights of his people will start to improve.
It is all a show...but if the show deescalates tension it is better than amping up the rhetoric. If any other President met with KJU and called him strong and worthy the right would be going nuts. The blind love for all things trump is quite amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-12-18, 07:09 AM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 3,445
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Can you imagine the GOPís reaction if Obama met with Kim in front of an arrangement of US and NK flags like that?
Obama would have bowed before him and then publically apologized for our part in sparing the South Korean people from the degradation and starvation that the North Koreans have enjoyed. He would also have come with a pallet of cash to pay Kim off.

So yeah. Given Obama's MO on cowling to dictators, they would have had a fit. If Obama would have approached the issue as a man with a backbone and principles, as Trump has done, then whole different story.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-12-18, 07:09 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,832
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
It is all a show...but if the show deescalates tension it is better than amping up the rhetoric. If any other President met with KJU and called him strong and worthy the right would be going nuts. The blind love for all things trump is quite amazing.

No less amazing than you people's blind hatred for all things trump.

So, there's that.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-12-18, 07:14 AM
Username1 Username1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 2,431
Username1 is on a distinguished road
Trump is rocking this presidency! No way he loses in 2020. I smell a dynasty within the Trump family.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-12-18, 07:20 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 24,817
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
No less amazing than you people's blind hatred for all things trump.

So, there's that.
I disagree a bit here Fish. We pro-Trumpers can be very critical of him and we don't approve of everything he does. But the simple fact is that Trump is governing largely as he campaigned and since we voted for him based on his proposals to deal with the issues facing this country we've had few opportunities to be negative.

This NK summit is a perfect example of that. First Trump and his administration take a very hard line with Kim. Even threatening to reign fire down on his head. Trump repeatedly Tweets out that he has bigger nukes then rocket man. Clearly this rattles Kim but surprisingly doesn't rattle Japan & SK so much. Could it be that they were briefed ahead of time?

Then Kim makes an overture about maybe going the diplomatic route and suddenly the Trump administration changes tactics on a dime and a summit is proposed and executed. Of course this being Trump & Kim there were some fireworks leading up to the summit and I'm sure there will be fireworks after the summit.

But the bottom line is that Trump has achieved what many thought to be impossible - a face to face meeting with a NK leader without unacceptable concessions on our or our allies part. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess but at the moment this is a big deal and a big achievement.

Trust me I'll be the first one on here to bash Trump if he betrays his campaign promises.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-12-18, 07:40 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,286
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
not one mention of human rights .
How could you possibly know what they talked about?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-12-18, 07:45 AM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,722
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
It is all a show...but if the show deescalates tension it is better than amping up the rhetoric. If any other President met with KJU and called him strong and worthy the right would be going nuts. The blind love for all things trump is quite amazing.
That isn't true. As I said earlier, the meeting itself would be historic no matter what party the President belonged to. It's just your rationale for hating 100% of what Donald Trump does because you wear some heavy duty blinders.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-12-18, 07:45 AM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,722
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
How could you possibly know what they talked about?
Harry has ESP.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-12-18, 07:49 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,618
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Troll who follows me around like a puppy dog , I donít know but I do know what he talked about in the press conference and he talked about how great he was how bad everyone else was the last 25 years and he never talked or brought this up on his own.

He then proceeded to lightly admonish the reporter who brought it Jon saying he thought there would be moreĒ positive ď questions or comments. Said you can only ď do what you can doĒ you see thatís not what really concerns him . Itís how he looks eventually and of course how he can bad mouth everyone else .

He had the meeting Kim wins just having the meeting and time will tell if everyone else wins including United Statres
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-12-18, 08:32 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,390
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
It is all a show...but if the show deescalates tension it is better than amping up the rhetoric. If any other President met with KJU and called him strong and worthy the right would be going nuts. The blind love for all things trump is quite amazing.
Unbelievable
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-12-18, 08:41 AM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,722
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Troll who follows me around like a puppy dog , I don’t know but I do know what he talked about in the press conference and he talked about how great he was how bad everyone else was the last 25 years and he never talked or brought this up on his own.

He then proceeded to lightly admonish the reporter who brought it Jon saying he thought there would be more” positive “ questions or comments. Said you can only “ do what you can do” you see that’s not what really concerns him . It’s how he looks eventually and of course how he can bad mouth everyone else .

He had the meeting Kim wins just having the meeting and time will tell if everyone else wins including United Statres
Tell us exactly how Kim wins. I know they say it over and over on MSNBC, but let's hear a real argument.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-12-18, 11:13 AM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,164
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Dennis Rodman was either drunk or on drugs (delusional) when he said I wanted to go to North Korea with him. Glad I fired him on Apprentice!
6:39 PM - 7 May 2014
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-12-18, 11:49 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,990
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Dennis Rodman was either drunk or on drugs (delusional) when he said I wanted to go to North Korea with him. Glad I fired him on Apprentice!
6:39 PM - 7 May 2014
Is there a point?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-12-18, 11:53 AM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 717
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Dennis Rodman was either drunk or on drugs (delusional) when he said I wanted to go to North Korea with him. Glad I fired him on Apprentice!
6:39 PM - 7 May 2014
He was probably both. I believe him and Dykstra get high and share ubers all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-12-18, 11:55 AM
nutsnbolts nutsnbolts is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 293
nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Location. (Not North Korea BJF)
Allowed KJU to see a country far better off than his own. A chance to see what dealing fairly with the world could allow for his people.
Showing of the presidential limo.
Allowed KJU to see what a freely-elected president of a republic could have.
The meeting.
I don't think I've ever come away from any meeting in Asia, Europe, or Africa without a better understanding and appreciation of their lives and their unique challenges. There may have still been disagreements with thoughts on individual issues, but still appreciation in general.
While it wasn't as quoteworthy as "Tear down that wall", it was indeed historic.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-12-18, 11:59 AM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 28,718
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Koreans sure seem happy about the summit. I don't know why Harry and Happy are so upset.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Korea_McD.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	2349  
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-12-18, 12:54 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,177
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Can you imagine the GOPís reaction if Obama met with Kim in front of an arrangement of US and NK flags like that?

I hate it because it just doesnít get anybody anywhere. Someone has to be the grown up. On the other hand what I post on here isnít how I act in real life - well it is but I just hate that kind of arguing. In this case I just canít help it.
somewhere out there isn't there a PIC with Obama with that FLAG in the background?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-12-18, 12:59 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,177
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Koreans sure seem happy about the summit. I don't know why Harry and Happy are so upset.
because Harry and Happy......don't care about good things that Trump is doing.....they are the CNN/MSNBS boys.....it doesn't meet their agenda... they HATE IT....they are like CLOWNS, they are here to amuse us...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-12-18, 01:01 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 10,542
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Trust me I'll be the first one on here to bash Trump if he betrays his campaign promises.
No healthcare plan - none. No simplified tax reform, and goes mostly to the rich - lies. Massive deficit increase - big lie. Trillion dollar infrastructure - certainly not now. Would release his taxes - lie. No wall paid by Mexico - LOL lie.

Yes of course he has kept many promises, but the above are some biggies no? And the ones kept are mostly EO type, not legislative. Very little if any deal making. "I make deals. I bring sides together. That is what I do." Another lie. He can't negotiate for chit. Knows very little subject matter. His style is to simply demand, bully, insult, make stuff up, change his mind, and generally act like a kid. Not impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-12-18, 01:05 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,286
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Troll who follows me around like a puppy dog ,
I wonder how many Korean Nationals attended the conference?

hahahahahahahahaha

WOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-12-18, 02:15 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,390
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
No healthcare plan - none. No simplified tax reform, and goes mostly to the rich - lies. Massive deficit increase - big lie. Trillion dollar infrastructure - certainly not now. Would release his taxes - lie. No wall paid by Mexico - LOL lie.

Yes of course he has kept many promises, but the above are some biggies no? And the ones kept are mostly EO type, not legislative. Very little if any deal making. "I make deals. I bring sides together. That is what I do." Another lie. He can't negotiate for chit. Knows very little subject matter. His style is to simply demand, bully, insult, make stuff up, change his mind, and generally act like a kid. Not impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-12-18, 02:41 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 2,371
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
The Art of the Deal

We restated past agreements in a way that is softer / easier on NK while legitimized KJU on a global world stage.

We agreed to suspend military exercises with SK, using language that echoes past NK rhetoric. (Much to the surprise of our own military leaders and South Korea and a giddy China)

We used language and imagery that suggests we want to preserve the longevity of the Kim regime, because he is beloved and a great leader. (unlike that Canadian Guy)

In exchange, NK agreed that a Trump is a great man. (and maybe someday he will build condo's on the beach)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-12-18, 02:43 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,990
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Aww...Happy, Harry, BJF, & TP are all mad.

MAGA!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-12-18, 02:47 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,390
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
We restated past agreements in a way that is softer / easier on NK while legitimized KJU on a global world stage.

We agreed to suspend military exercises with SK, using language that echoes past NK rhetoric. (Much to the surprise of our own military leaders and South Korea and a giddy China)

We used language and imagery that suggests we want to preserve the longevity of the Kim regime, because he is beloved and a great leader. (unlike that Canadian Guy)

In exchange, NK agreed that a Trump is a great man. (and maybe someday he will build condo's on the beach)
Oh and possibly that nuclear war thingy
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-12-18, 02:47 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,390
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Aww...Happy, Harry, BJF, & TP are all mad.

MAGA!
The media too, spin cycle off the charts lol
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-12-18, 03:13 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,164
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
I post one time (a funny tweet) for the first time in nearly a week and I'm "mad"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-12-18, 03:31 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,618
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Kim wins by the mere fact that they held the summit. I am not saying that Trump lost anything or gave too much as we simply don't know what really went on and how this wil transpire.



I am not adverse to saying Trump has done some good things or effective things. The economy which was going forward along with the unemployment rate, has been heated up by Tax cuts which at full employment is always a bit dicey in terms of the chances for a bigger more dramatic drop at some point.

What you see as good things isn't universally thought of as good. His protectionism , his undoing everything just because he didn't institute them aren't all home runs or good things just because you think so.

Mad at what Zee ? That silly even funny intro film that Micahel Medved AN UP AND COMING hard charging Trump fan these days { He loves his unconditional support of Israel , his further right policies that he does to stick it to his former people on the left, and of course I think Ole Mike might be angling for a job in the Trump organization even if he would deny it because it's obvious he is always giving him advice on his show and his ego is such as he think s he can counsel Trump through his " Rough edged instincts". }

I love the Blind hatred charge of people who aren't Trumptards. Easy to see why I for one don't approve, nothing blind about my thoughts or vision.


This is a quick example of how people can look at the same thing but see them totally differently. Many out HERE seem to think Trump is 'Tough" because he is bombastic and can't let anything go because he is a 'FIGHTER". His words and abrasiveness and his lack of EVER apologizing to anyone ever no matter what as 'Strong".



I see Trump as a narcissist , Cassette cover thin skin , fragile ego, and more FAKE tough . Twitter tough , stubborn stupid tough , And whines and lies more than any other Prez I history and it's not close . He plays the victim to his base and you guys overlook this trait as being obviously whining and lying about all the forces that are out to get him. He is hoping that you believe him and follow him in his denouncement of any institution person or thing that opposes him in any way even if it's just perceived.


I will agree that it works, I see it here in this space and in poll numbers . This he is good at it , spinning lies and narratives that benefit him . If you say he is a truth teller that is the end of any argument . You guys buying what he says and thinking everything he has doe and undone is 'Good" DOESN'T MAKE IT SO , it means you believe it.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-12-18, 03:44 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,390
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Kim wins by the mere fact that they held the summit. I am not saying that Trump lost anything or gave too much as we simply don't know what really went on and how this wil transpire.



I am not adverse to saying Trump has done some good things or effective things. The economy which was going forward along with the unemployment rate, has been heated up by Tax cuts which at full employment is always a bit dicey in terms of the chances for a bigger more dramatic drop at some point.

What you see as good things isn't universally thought of as good. His protectionism , his undoing everything just because he didn't institute them aren't all home runs or good things just because you think so.

Mad at what Zee ? That silly even funny intro film that Micahel Medved AN UP AND COMING hard charging Trump fan these days { He loves his unconditional support of Israel , his further right policies that he does to stick it to his former people on the left, and of course I think Ole Mike might be angling for a job in the Trump organization even if he would deny it because it's obvious he is always giving him advice on his show and his ego is such as he think s he can counsel Trump through his " Rough edged instincts". }

I love the Blind hatred charge of people who aren't Trumptards. Easy to see why I for one don't approve, nothing blind about my thoughts or vision.


This is a quick example of how people can look at the same thing but see them totally differently. Many out HERE seem to think Trump is 'Tough" because he is bombastic and can't let anything go because he is a 'FIGHTER". His words and abrasiveness and his lack of EVER apologizing to anyone ever no matter what as 'Strong".



I see Trump as a narcissist , Cassette cover thin skin , fragile ego, and more FAKE tough . Twitter tough , stubborn stupid tough , And whines and lies more than any other Prez I history and it's not close . He plays the victim to his base and you guys overlook this trait as being obviously whining and lying about all the forces that are out to get him. He is hoping that you believe him and follow him in his denouncement of any institution person or thing that opposes him in any way even if it's just perceived.


I will agree that it works, I see it here in this space and in poll numbers . This he is good at it , spinning lies and narratives that benefit him . If you say he is a truth teller that is the end of any argument . You guys buying what he says and thinking everything he has doe and undone is 'Good" DOESN'T MAKE IT SO , it means you believe it.
So do you think if NK denuclearizes it would be fake tough?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-12-18, 04:01 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,381
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
So do you think if NK denuclearizes it would be fake tough?
zeeman,
Do you ever have the ability to debate anything of substance? What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of Trump's positions regarding North Korea?
Here's your opportunity to show that you have even a childlike grasp of what issues are being discussed. Or, you could just keep portraying yourself as a child playing in a sandbox.
It's up to you. We'll look forward to your substantive arguments.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump doing what Trump does ..... Happygoluckky Debate Forum 64 05-30-18 08:00 AM
President Trump to meet with Kim Jong-un irish_buffalo Debate Forum 130 03-16-18 11:06 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
Jimmy Carter: The media has been harder on Trump than predecessors Yappi Debate Forum 30 10-24-17 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz