Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Solon Comets

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-08, 05:40 PM
Freshman

Browns4life is on a distinguished road
Who did Medina lose to?
Old 10-14-08, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns4life View Post
Who did Medina lose to?
Medina lost to Hudson in Week 1. The score was something like 25-18.

Last edited by Metacomet; 02-19-11 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-14-08, 05:52 PM
Freshman

oh because online it says that for week one medina played wadsworth and wadsworth has not lost a game in two years
Old 10-14-08, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

Whatever. On Thursday, it won't matter if Medina is 6-1 or 1-6.

Old 10-16-08, 11:52 PM
All Yappi

Solon's freshmen jumped out to a big first-half lead over host Medina today and held off a second-half rally to earn a 20-6 win over the Bees.

The Comet frosh improved to 9-0. Medina fell to 6-2. Solon's ninth-graders are now 23-0 since coming together as a team in seventh grade.

Solon appeared poised to blow out Medina in the first half. The Comets built a 20-0 halftime lead. But the Comets were sloppy in the second half. Solon went away from its running game. The Comets also had trouble hanging onto the ball. Medina found some holes in Solon's run defense and piled up big yardage in the second half.

Fortunately, the Comet defense turned the Bees away all but once.

Solon jumped out to a 6-0 lead on its first drive. The Comets mixed some Jesse Circelli runs with QB Patrick Kramer's passing to drive into Medina territory. Circelli then broke free off right tackle for a 27-yard TD run. The extra point try failed.

Solon increased the lead midway through the second quarter on Ryan Schwenke's 55-yard punt return. Anthony Restifo's kick gave Solon a 13-0 lead.

The Comets added to their lead just before intermission. Solon milked the clock on a long drive, mixing in catches by Tres Barksdale and Bryce Littell with Schwenke's running. Schwenke finally scored on a fourth down play from five yards out with 22 seconds left in the half. Restifo added the extra point.

Solon played a sloppy second half. The Comets bungled probably 4-5 center snaps, which stalled a couple of drives. Solon also committed a few untimely penalties. The Comets went away from their running game in favor of a short passing attack and the Bees answered with sacks.

Meanwhile, Medina's counters, sweeps, and inside reverses found success against Solon's defense. The Bees scored after one long drive. Medina advanced into Solon territory a few other times but the Comet defense rose to the occasion with some clutch plays.

Dan Sutyak and Austin Stock played well at the DE spots for Solon. Linebackers Austin Schlosser, Vince Hill and Nick Davidson all made some clutch stops.

Circelli, Barksdale and Schwenke made big plays in the secondary. Medina tested Solon's DBs with a 6-6 receiver who posed serious matchup problems for the Comet cornerbacks.

The Comets can wrap up a 10-0 season with a win over Strongsville next Thursday at Stewart Field at 4:30 p.m.

Old 10-21-08, 09:09 AM
Freshman

PrestonBrick is on a distinguished road
Any word on strongsvilles freshman teams record?
Old 10-23-08, 01:57 PM
All World

oldline70
Could Austin Stock be old Solon LB Chuck Stock's son? Just curious.
Chuck Stock played back in '80 or so.
Old 10-24-08, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Where the update on the game?
Old 10-24-08, 05:57 PM
Freshman

sPalumbo28 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldline70 View Post
Could Austin Stock be old Solon LB Chuck Stock's son? Just curious.
Chuck Stock played back in '80 or so.
no he's not his son.
Old 10-24-08, 10:28 PM
Freshman

Where is the review on the game metacomet?
Old 10-25-08, 12:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns4life View Post
Where is the review on the game metacomet?
I'm sorry. I beg everyone's forgiveness for not presenting my wrapup sooner. People who know me well know that I have some pretty serious health issues. I'm on a lot of medication and sometimes that medication causes me short-term memory loss.

Yesterday was one of those days. I had trouble recalling aspects of the game, even before it ended. For that, I am both sorry and embarrassed.

If I get it wrong, can someone please help me out?

Solon beat Strongsville, 32-16. The Comets led 25-0 at the half and 32-0 before Strongsville scored a couple of late TDs against the Comets' reserves.

OK, here's where it gets dicey. I believe Jesse Circelli scored on a 1-yard run on Solon's first drive.

The Comets also scored the second time they had the ball. I believe Nate Brillhart and Nick Davidson hooked up on a screen pass, somewhere around 10 yards. Solon led 13-0 after one period.

I know that Circelli caught pass for a TD of about 55 yards on the last play of the first half. Circelli also had a long TD run of about 47 yards. Bryce Littell had a TD catch, too. But I don't remember which of these plays came in the second quarter and which came in the third. I'm not sure which QB threw the TD passes.

I'm sorry, everyone.

I remember Ryan Schwenke intercepting a pass and returning it for a TD, but it was called back by a penalty. Another Comet also got a pick but I don't remember who.

Strongville wasn't a real good team. The Mustangs didn't have much speed and they only suited up 31-32 kids. Strongville freshman teams usually have 50-55 kids. The Mustangs did have a nice QB and one very good receiver. Strongsville finished 3-7, I believe.

Solon, of course, finished 10-0. This group of kids have gone undefeated three straight years. I'm told that a couple of kids have never lost a game, going all the way back to travel ball in fifth grade. It's an amazing accomplishment by Solon's kids.

I had a great time following the team this year. I met some wonderful people and hopefully, made some new friends.

I look forward to seeing these kids climb their way through Solon's football program. Of course, Drew Stankiewicz and Nate Hoff have moved up already. I think Vince Hill and Tres Barksdale can challenge for starting spots on next year's varsity. I believe that Ryan Schwenke and Austin Stock, maybe others, too, can see some playing time as backups.

I wish all the players and fans well. I'll probably see some of you during winter sports season.

GO COMETS!!

B.B.B.M.

Last edited by Metacomet; 10-25-08 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-25-08, 11:16 AM
Freshman

Brillhart threw 2 touchdown passes to Bryce Littell and Nick Davidson. Patrick Kramer threw 1 touchdown pass to Jesse Circelli a few seconds before half. On the play before that he got decked by a linebacker from Strongsville but came back on the next play and hooked up with Jesse for a late score before half.
Old 10-27-08, 07:05 PM
Freshman

Metacomet, are you going to do reviews for the solon feshman basketball team?
Old 10-30-08, 10:11 AM
Freshman

comet1968 is on a distinguished road
no need to be sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
I'm sorry. I beg everyone's forgiveness for not presenting my wrapup sooner. People who know me well know that I have some pretty serious health issues. I'm on a lot of medication and sometimes that medication causes me short-term memory loss.

Yesterday was one of those days. I had trouble recalling aspects of the game, even before it ended. For that, I am both sorry and embarrassed.

If I get it wrong, can someone please help me out?

Solon beat Strongsville, 32-16. The Comets led 25-0 at the half and 32-0 before Strongsville scored a couple of late TDs against the Comets' reserves.

OK, here's where it gets dicey. I believe Jesse Circelli scored on a 1-yard run on Solon's first drive.

The Comets also scored the second time they had the ball. I believe Nate Brillhart and Nick Davidson hooked up on a screen pass, somewhere around 10 yards. Solon led 13-0 after one period.

I know that Circelli caught pass for a TD of about 55 yards on the last play of the first half. Circelli also had a long TD run of about 47 yards. Bryce Littell had a TD catch, too. But I don't remember which of these plays came in the second quarter and which came in the third. I'm not sure which QB threw the TD passes.

I'm sorry, everyone.

I remember Ryan Schwenke intercepting a pass and returning it for a TD, but it was called back by a penalty. Another Comet also got a pick but I don't remember who.

Strongville wasn't a real good team. The Mustangs didn't have much speed and they only suited up 31-32 kids. Strongville freshman teams usually have 50-55 kids. The Mustangs did have a nice QB and one very good receiver. Strongsville finished 3-7, I believe.

Solon, of course, finished 10-0. This group of kids have gone undefeated three straight years. I'm told that a couple of kids have never lost a game, going all the way back to travel ball in fifth grade. It's an amazing accomplishment by Solon's kids.

I had a great time following the team this year. I met some wonderful people and hopefully, made some new friends.

I look forward to seeing these kids climb their way through Solon's football program. Of course, Drew Stankiewicz and Nate Hoff have moved up already. I think Vince Hill and Tres Barksdale can challenge for starting spots on next year's varsity. I believe that Ryan Schwenke and Austin Stock, maybe others, too, can see some playing time as backups.

I wish all the players and fans well. I'll probably see some of you during winter sports season.

GO COMETS!!

B.B.B.M.
I want to thank you for all the articles you wrote about the freshman football team. If you would like a dvd on the last game let me know
Old 02-19-11, 04:59 PM
All Yappi

to the top

These kids will be our 2011 seniors. Solon fans have much to look forward to this fall.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: