Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-16-18, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
The meddling, the fact that Trump said that Russia is not our foe, that Trump believes America is to blame for bad Russia - US relations. That's mostly what people are upset about. If you live in a border country next to Russia and heard Trump last week say that Crimea should be a part of Russia, than watched Trump fawn all over Putin at the press conference today, their is plenty to worry about.
Is Russia really our foe though? I don't really consider them one but I wouldn't say they are our friend either. But they are a major player in the world whether we like it our not. Shouldn't we figure out a way to work with them? They are not the Soviet Union though.

But if you think Russia is the monster hiding under your bed I don't know what to tell you. Maybe get a nightlight that was made in China.
Old 07-16-18, 06:35 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Is Russia really our foe though? I don't really consider them one but I wouldn't say they are our friend either. But they are a major player in the world whether we like it our not. Shouldn't we figure out a way to work with them? They are not the Soviet Union though.

But if you think Russia is the monster hiding under your bed I don't know what to tell you. Maybe get a nightlight that was made in China.
As I posted earlier Defense Secretary James Mattis thinks Russia is the principal threat to the US. As for China have they invaded and taken over another country like Russia has ? Plus China has plenty of things to offer us mainly cheap labor in return they buy airplanes from Boeing, soybeans, pork among other things. Russia has very little to offer other than vodka, and mail order brides.
Old 07-16-18, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
As I posted earlier Defense Secretary James Mattis thinks Russia is the principal threat to the US. As for China have they invaded and taken over another country like Russia has ? Plus China has plenty of things to offer us mainly cheap labor in return they buy airplanes from Boeing, soybeans, pork among other things. Russia has very little to offer other than vodka, and mail order brides.
They might be they are not the threat the Soviet Union was. And even if they are shouldn't we work to avoid a war with them, firing or cold, as much as possible? Or should we just nuke them?

Isn't China building some islands to stake claims to a sea or something like that. My memory is failing me. And hasn't China been stealing our technology, private and public, to be used in their military and other places? And ask Taiwan how they feel about their neighbors.
Old 07-16-18, 06:56 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
They might be they are not the threat the Soviet Union was. And even if they are shouldn't we work to avoid a war with them, firing or cold, as much as possible? Or should we just nuke them?

Isn't China building some islands to stake claims to a sea or something like that. My memory is failing me. And hasn't China been stealing our technology, private and public, to be used in their military and other places? And ask Taiwan how they feel about their neighbors.
No one is advocating a war but that does not mean our President has to suck-up to Putin. The people in Taiwan I would say sleep a lot better at night than the people in the Ukraine are tonight. Plus this is not a thread about China but Trump and his appeasement to Putin. Like I have posted Trump's own Defense Secretary believes Russia is the principal threat to the USA.
Old 07-16-18, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
No one is advocating a war but that does not mean our President has to suck-up to Putin. The people in Taiwan I would say sleep a lot better at night than the people in the Ukraine are tonight. Plus this is not a thread about China but Trump and his appeasement to Putin. Like I have posted Trump's own Defense Secretary believes Russia is the principal threat to the USA.
What appeasement? Seriously what concrete action has Trump taken that could be considered appeasing Russia? The fact that he choose not to blast the Russians in public over their messing with our election is hardly "appeasement". The fact that Trump stroked Putin's ego in public is also not appeasement.

But I will say that Trump's very public rebuke of Germany for setting up a special deal to acquire Russian natural gas was a blow aimed directly at Russia. So according to the left appeasement is defined as Trump saying nice things about Putin while taking actions that threaten the Russian economy.

Again it seems with the left that words trump actions.
Old 07-16-18, 07:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The key here is that James Mattis is secretary of DEFENSE. From that vantage point Russia is not only the principal MILITARY threat to the US but in many ways the only MILITARY threat. Mattis looks at the world from the POV of the strength of the military's opposing us and while China is advancing fast on that front they still have a long way to go to match the military threat of Russia - particularly on the nuclear missile front.
Old 07-16-18, 07:15 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
What appeasement? Seriously what concrete action has Trump taken that could be considered appeasing Russia? The fact that he choose not to blast the Russians in public over their messing with our election is hardly "appeasement". The fact that Trump stroked Putin's ego in public is also not appeasement.

But I will say that Trump's very public rebuke of Germany for setting up a special deal to acquire Russian natural gas was a blow aimed directly at Russia. So according to the left appeasement is defined as Trump saying nice things about Putin while taking actions that threaten the Russian economy.

Again it seems with the left that words trump actions.
As you often note, our becoming the largest producer of oil in the world doesn't help Russia either...which doesn't happen in a Clinton administration.
Old 07-16-18, 07:21 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Remember when Reagan called the USSR the "evil empire" and Democrats nearly wet themselves out of fear of a nuclear war? Now we have a president that is trying to prevent a nuclear war and he is traitor that should be impeached.

We cannot allow these lunatics to win.
Old 07-16-18, 07:25 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Remember when Reagan called the USSR the "evil empire" and Democrats nearly wet themselves out of fear of a nuclear war? Now we have a president that is trying to prevent a nuclear war and he is traitor that should be impeached.

keep telling yourself that
Old 07-16-18, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
As you often note, our becoming the largest producer of oil in the world doesn't help Russia either...which doesn't happen in a Clinton administration.
Exactly right. Trump's energy policy's alone refute any charge that he is Putin's puppet or that the Russians have blackmail material on him.

In fact if you look at his badgering Germany on their Russian natural gas deal it strikes at the very heart of the Russian economy and Putin's bank account while at the same time positions the US to reap substantial financial gain from replacing Russia as Europe's primary source of Natural gas. If I was Putin this is what would keep me up at night.
Old 07-16-18, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post

Funny isn't it. Today's Russia is behaving much like Imperial Russia where the goal was to create a buffer zone in the borderlands to prevent foreign invasion. As such Putin does not represent an existential threat to the US. In fact if we agree to Russia having a final say on what goes on in their borderlands we can probably have a productive relationship. I suspect that this is what Trump is aiming at.

In contrast the Soviet Union was an ideological as well as a military super power. It was a messianic state bent on world domination. In this way the Soviet Union was truly an existential threat to the US along the lines of a Nazi Germany. Yet the dems and the left in general couldn't help but play nice with a true threat that made Putin look like a choir boy.
Old 07-16-18, 07:37 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
The left? Senate Republicans, House Speaker, Fox News, hell not even Drudge of all people could sugarcoat that atrocity - "Putin dominates in Hel." Ouch.
And how many of them were there?
I await your condescending answer.
Old 07-16-18, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You seriously think the people in the Ukraine are sleeping worse tonight (your emphasis on tonight) because of this meeting today? Remember when Obama stared Putin down? And Putin still meddled in our election. Trump stroked his ego a little. And Putin will probably still meddle in our elections. He is going to meddle. We aren't going to stop him. But we can try to safeguard as much as we can on our side of the equation.

Appeasement. Lol
Old 07-16-18, 07:52 PM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
keep telling yourself that
There is not explanation for Trump. He is a Russian Agent. Even Fox News is running....Tucker trying his best to make it about ww3. Embarrassing....you cannot defend this ....LOTR going deep into Reddit/Infowars chat. I give Trump the benefit of the doubt ....he is mentally ill and should not be President.
Old 07-16-18, 07:54 PM
All Yappi

Still no collusion?
Old 07-16-18, 08:00 PM
All American

Winbypin- you can't defend this. Fox can't defend it...most republicans can't defend it. He is off the rails...either mentally ill or compromised. He took Putins side over US Intelligence. He pooped on his own appointees....the GOP is a Russian front...the NRA is a Russian front...The Party of Ronald Reagan is gone.
Old 07-16-18, 08:00 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
There is not explanation for Trump. He is a Russian Agent.
So which is it, no explanation or Russian agent?
Old 07-16-18, 08:06 PM
All American

The biggest controversy in our nations history. WELL DONE TRUMP.

He laid down like a cuckhold and gave up power to his master Vlad. You cannot defend this situation.
Old 07-16-18, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There is not explanation for Trump. He is a Russian Agent. Even Fox News is running....Tucker trying his best to make it about ww3. Embarrassing....you cannot defend this ....LOTR going deep into Reddit/Infowars chat. I give Trump the benefit of the doubt ....he is mentally ill and should not be President.
Actually Happy it's called reading a couple of books on Russian history. I'd recommend it. And if you do you would come to the conclusion that the Russians are not that hard to understand which makes the hysteria of the neo-cons and progressive left about all things Russian very interesting.
Old 07-16-18, 08:12 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Trump and Pence have a meeting with Congress scheduled for tomorrow, but nobody in any leadership position has any idea what it’s about

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/...253313024?s=21
Old 07-16-18, 08:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The BIGGEST controversy in our history? Because he played nice with Putin at a press conference. You do know that you're exhibiting stage 4 TDS (Trump derangement syndrome) symptoms don't you?
Old 07-16-18, 08:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Trump and Pence have a meeting with Congress scheduled for tomorrow, but nobody in any leadership position has any idea what itís about

Hopefully it will call for the end of the destructive Mueller witch hunt. If any activity in the US today is in Russia's interest it's this bogus investigation.
Old 07-16-18, 08:15 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Trump being Trump scares me but like Doc says in Tombstone " My hypocrisy only goes so far " .

The US record in nation building is pretty dismal no matter who is in office. The assault on Benjamin Netanyahu by the previous administration sending representatives to throw dark money into overthrowing him somehow gets a pass because it was our government doing it.

The feigned outrage by the same group who could care less that Bernie Sanders was railroaded and or paid off by the democratic party was borderline criminal but no one cared. The old guy got a nice lake house to ad to his collection of the average guy Bernie estates.

To think all of the industrialized nations have not been spying on each other or trying to gain an advantage over one another is something new is comical.

It's been a couple years now and I'm still waiting to meet someone who voted for president because of some nonsensical bot.
Old 07-16-18, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Trump and Pence have a meeting with Congress scheduled for tomorrow, but nobody in any leadership position has any idea what itís about

Hard to know what's true or not. I would think telling the enemy ahead of time when you will withdraw troupes or when you are going to bomb an enemy location might draw more criticism. Sometimes a little discretion is okay.
Old 07-16-18, 08:19 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Winbypin- you can't defend this. Fox can't defend it...most republicans can't defend it. He is off the rails...either mentally ill or compromised. He took Putins side over US Intelligence. He pooped on his own appointees....the GOP is a Russian front...the NRA is a Russian front...The Party of Ronald Reagan is gone.
Old 07-16-18, 08:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So is that a "no" then?
Old 07-16-18, 08:21 PM
All American

He is saving us from Russian nuke war.
Old 07-16-18, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He is saving us from Russian nuke war.
Are you at a bar?
Old 07-16-18, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

He laid down like a cuckhold and gave up power to his master Vlad. You cannot defend this situation.
Wowser. Happy, go watch a mason soccer scrimmage or something.
Old 07-16-18, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Hopefully it will call for the end of the destructive Mueller witch hunt. If any activity in the US today is in Russia's interest it's this bogus investigation.
That's not going away because he just can't help adding fuel to the fire on a daily basis. He needs a muzzle.

That being said amazingly enough my retirement portfolio is doing great in spite of his non filtered nonsensical rambling at times. The idiots saying they have lost a ton in the market the last couple years are making it up or not very bright.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: