Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-29-18, 04:46 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
‘Roseanne’ Canceled at ABC

Quote:
ABC has pulled the plug on the revival “Roseanne.”

The move comes after series star and creator Roseanne Barr made a comment on Twitter Tuesday morning referring to former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett as looking like the offspring of the “Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.” Jarrett, an African-American, was born in Iran to American parents.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement.
Read more:
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/rose...bc-1202824211/
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-18, 04:48 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
She is galactically stupid, but we all knew that. What she did tweet was however, accurate. The chick does look like Vera
Old 05-29-18, 04:50 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
It was only a matter of time

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-18, 05:05 PM
All Region

BGFalcons82 is on a distinguished road
Did Trump denounce her within 0.1 nanoseconds of her tweet?

If he didn’t, then he’s an equal racist, too. Right?
Old 05-29-18, 05:43 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
What about free speech?

/illiberal.
Old 05-29-18, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
ABC has the right to do what they want and I have the right to no longer watch ABC.

So, how many people lost their jobs today because of 1 tweet which was a joke?

Hopefully Netflix or someone else will pick up the show and the cast will remain in place.
Old 05-29-18, 05:59 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I realize USER name is well umm ok I’ll explsun it to you . Free speech enables you to basically be say what you want without the Government coming after you. It doesn’t mean your employer can’t fire your Azz based on your actions or words .

She’s erratic , just like Kanye is do I found it amusing that conservatives immediately lined up behind these two for their backing of Trump . Matter of time with Kanye as well . Kind of funny to see people defending now . Of course they are lol
Old 05-29-18, 06:08 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Pretty unsurprising that Disney/ABC would shoot themselves in the foot yet again.
Old 05-29-18, 06:13 PM
All World

As Roseanne Barr embarked on a Tuesday morning Twitter barrage that led ABC to cancel her sitcom, the president’s son retweeted two of her posts attacking billionaire Democratic donor George Soros, including one that called Soros, a Holocaust survivor, “a Nazi.”

An earlier Barr tweet with a racist slur against former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett was cited by the network when it pulled the plug on its top-rated show. Barr has since deleted the tweet, which referred to Jarrett, who is African-American, as the offspring of the “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes.”
Trump Jr. did not retweet that one.
A spokesman for Soros said Barr’s “false allegations are insulting to the victims of the Holocaust” and “an affront to Mr. Soros & his family, who against the odds managed to survive.”
Right-wing conspiracy theories portraying Soros — who is Jewish and was 9 years old when World War II began — as a Nazi collaborator have become internet staples. Propagated by the likes of former Fox News host Glenn Beck, actor James Wood, and conservative commentators Ann Coulter, Dinesh D’Souza and Mike Cernovich, that belief has become an article of faith in some Republican quarters.

But after Beck devoted a show to exposing what he believed to be the secret truth about Soros, Anti-Defamation League director Abraham Foxman issued a statement calling the segment “repugnant.”
“For a political commentator or entertainer to have the audacity to say – inaccurately – that there’s a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps, as part of a broader assault on Mr. Soros, that’s horrific,” Foxman wrote. “While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros’ views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable. To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant.”
Trump Jr., like his father, has a well-documented history of retweeting or liking politically divisive messages on Twitter, as he did in February when he liked a message on the platform that promoted a conspiracy theory about 17-year-old Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg, or when, in 2016, Trump Jr. retweeted an attack on Hillary Clinton by Kevin MacDonald, who the Times of Israel called a “psychologist notorious for his theories of Jewish manipulation and control.”
The Trump organization did not respond to a request for a comment.

Gotta love your peeps Fishy and User et al keep defending them I'm sure ABC and Disney will now go bankrupt not that Rosebud is done, real class acts especially Roseanne , what a classy broad she is .
Old 05-29-18, 06:23 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
I love the photo of her posing as Hilter with Jew burnt Jew cookies thinking

Old 05-29-18, 06:24 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Gotta love your peeps Fishy and User et al keep defending them I'm sure ABC and Disney will now go bankrupt not that Rosebud is done, real class acts especially Roseanne , what a classy broad she is .
She's a POS and I have thought that since she mocked the anthem like she did. Dumbazzes come in all types and of all political persuasions.
Old 05-29-18, 07:02 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
What about free speech?

/illiberal.
Quote:
I realize USER name is well umm ok I’ll explsun it to you . Free speech enables you to basically be say what you want without the Government coming after you. It doesn’t mean your employer can’t fire your Azz based on your actions or words .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
What about free speech?

/illiberal.
Old 05-29-18, 07:04 PM
All World

I watched the show back in the day once in a while, I GET the Trump appeal in that area of Illinois where the show is set and other like places and the 'Shake things up narrative Trump used to win the Presidency. The problem is HE IS VERY UNLIKE THESE PEOPLE IN EVERY WAY and doesn't really care about them .

His policies won't help them in the long run , they just won't . They achieved his ends which was to win, but in the end this guy is a 71 year old East coast elite who is going full blown right to crack back against the people who hate him .

The problem is to his core he rich dude who will do his part in increasing the gap between the rich and poor , hurt the very people who elected him's health care and services they relied on and at some point the shat hits the fan and even the sheep will see that he is a fraud as Mitt Romney once candidly called him.

Romney does think some of his policies are good and to a decent number of people they are , but a nice percentage of these same people aren't helped personally by them it seems?

Happens all the time , people have been voting against their own interests since the start of time . Rich old money well educated blue blooded East coast elites vote for people who will raise their taxes all the time right?
Old 05-29-18, 07:09 PM
All World

Yes typing on a phone in a car is perilous , so ok East is Best this is more what I wanted to ;post , I realize you have nothing but commenting on others thoughts.

I realize USER name is well umm ok I’ll explain it to you . Free speech enables you to basically be able to say what you want without the Government coming after you. It doesn’t mean your employer can’t fire your Azz based on your actions or words .

She’s erratic , just like Kanye is so I found it amusing that conservatives immediately lined up behind these two for their backing of Trump . Matter of time with Kanye as well . Kind of funny to see people defending now . Of course they are lol
Old 05-29-18, 07:12 PM
All World

Any thoughts of your own East is Best?? Come on you can do it , give us your brilliant takes without quoting others , can you do that ? weeny 's and pusses use ants and symbols did you know that ? Are you a kid?
Old 05-29-18, 07:12 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I watched the show back in the day once in a while, I GET the Trump appeal in that area of Illinois where the show is set and other like places and the 'Shake things up narrative Trump used to win the Presidency. The problem is HE IS VERY UNLIKE THESE PEOPLE IN EVERY WAY and doesn't really care about them .

His policies won't help them in the long run , they just won't . They achieved his ends which was to win, but in the end this guy is a 71 year old East coast elite who is going full blown right to crack back against the people who hate him .

The problem is to his core he rich dude who will do his part in increasing the gap between the rich and poor , hurt the very people who elected him's health care and services they relied on and at some point the shat hits the fan and even the sheep will see that he is a fraud as Mitt Romney once candidly called him.

Romney does think some of his policies are good and to a decent number of people they are , but a nice percentage of these same people aren't helped personally by them it seems?

Happens all the time , people have been voting against their own interests since the start of time . Rich old money well educated blue blooded East coast elites vote for people who will raise their taxes all the time right?
I thought the show was about a lower middle-class family in the mid-west. I did not know that the show, or this thread, were about Trump. I guess to you, everything is about Trump. You are hopeless.
Old 05-29-18, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Yes typing on a phone in a car is perilous , so ok East is Best this is more what I wanted to ;post , I realize you have nothing but commenting on others thoughts. l

Strike two.

YOU were commenting on User's thoughts but if you LOOK, he was mocking a, well, you. I was just TRYING to point it out to you. He wasn't making a case that constitutional free speech applied in this case.

But go ahead and enjoy your rant.
Old 05-29-18, 07:26 PM
All World

He was being a ignorant fool , if you want to think he was mocking me or that's what you see well ? I can't help you. He thought free speech should protect Roseanne .

You are waste of space , Trump bragged on a few occasions about Roseanne's ratings and how proud he was he mentioned him I here show and what a fan he was . Those are facts .

Roseanne being fired is about HER and Disney YES. But the back story is the Trump supporters and Fox and right wing media al became big fans. So again you guys don't know what's been going on as usual . So that's what makes this funny along with the defenders of her .

Strike two ? Yeah I doubled off the wall already, No where is user referring to anything I ;posted
Old 05-29-18, 07:46 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
I like Rosanne. I think she is talented and funny.

Her Tweet was dumb and cost her the new TV show. I cannot defend her.

But lots of people put dumb stuff on the Internet.

Quote:
I realize USER name is well umm ok I’ll explsun it to you .
Old 05-29-18, 08:04 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
ABC is owned by Disney who spent 10 years covering up Harvey Weinstein's raping and molesting.
Now they "want to do the right thing" over a tweet.

The Left is hopeless.
Old 05-29-18, 08:07 PM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
They should replace her with Rosie O'Donnell just to piss of the wingnuts....
Old 05-29-18, 08:12 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Honestly though, the new Roseanne was a shell of what the old show was. The Roseanne Connor portrayed this year was a completely different woman compared to the one in the 80s/90s, and a lot of that has to do with Roseanne’s whacked-out, conspiracy theorist mind.

All she had to do to keep this show on was not say something abhorrent like this. And she couldn’t even do that.
Old 05-29-18, 08:42 PM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Personal accountability is lost on Roseanne.
Old 05-29-18, 08:46 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
She probably should have just done a Joy Reid and claimed her Twitter was hacked.
Old 05-29-18, 08:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

She’s erratic , just like Kanye is do I found it amusing that conservatives immediately lined up behind these two for their backing of Trump . Matter of time with Kanye as well . Kind of funny to see people defending now . Of course they are lol
That being said it was not just her who got fired as it was everyone. I believe it was the wrong move. Now, if anyone says anything that is offensive to anyone they too should be fired and the show taken off.... is that what we are looking for? Living on egg shells? It was a freakin joke, poor taste sure but we have gotten that with her before.... get over it, move on.... this is starting to get ridiculous. We already lost one show just because of the paint job on the top of the car......
Old 05-29-18, 08:53 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:

She’s erratic , just like Kanye is do I found it amusing that conservatives immediately lined up behind these two for their backing of Trump .
We did? I'm pretty sure most conservatives don't give a flip what celebrities say. I know I don't. But liberals on the other hand, well most celbs are liberals, so it makes sense they would care about what they say. But hey, Harry, you just keep on living in your little ole made up world.
Old 05-29-18, 08:56 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
That being said it was not just her who got fired as it was everyone. I believe it was the wrong move. Now, if anyone says anything that is offensive to anyone they too should be fired and the show taken off.... is that what we are looking for? Living on egg shells? It was a freakin joke, poor taste sure but we have gotten that with her before.... get over it, move on.... this is starting to get ridiculous. We already lost one show just because of the paint job on the top of the car......
This is true. But snowflakes are gonna snowflake, it's just the nature of their fragile state. Put a crucifix in a jar of urine, that is art. Say something distasteful, well we just can't stand for that!!
Old 05-29-18, 09:01 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
FOX may have grabbed it like they did Last Man Standing, but the racist (real or perceived) Tweet might be a little too hot.
Old 05-29-18, 09:13 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
So, how many people lost their jobs today because of 1 tweet which was a joke?
About the same amount that gained jobs by being on the show that replaced ‘Roseanne’. It’s a zero-sum move.
Old 05-29-18, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
About the same amount that gained jobs by being on the show that replaced ‘Roseanne’. It’s a zero-sum move.
I should of stated what I meant to say better... what about the people who lost their jobs because of 1 tweet?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: