Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-11-18, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Trotwood-Madison (1-2) @ Sidney (2-1)

It's been a couple years since the Rams and Yellow Jackets met on the gridiron but not long enough for Sidney to forget what they are dealing with Friday night. Trotwood rolls into town coming off two losses but given the quality of the opponents, that means very little in this game. Sidney is looking for it's third win in a row but will have to accomplish something they haven't done since 2003, beat the Rams. Trotwood has won 12 straight meetings and averages 45 points while only allowing 14 points during the current streak.

Last edited by Yellow_Jacket06; 09-14-18 at 08:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-18, 06:46 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post

VS

Meeting #42 (TM leads 26-15)

It's been a couple years since the Rams and Yellow Jackets met on the gridiron but not long enough for Sidney to forget what they are dealing with Friday night. Trotwood rolls into town coming off two losses but given the quality of the opponents, that means very little in this game. Sidney is looking for it's third win in a row but will have to accomplish something they haven't done since 2003, beat the Rams. Trotwood has won 12 straight meetings and averages 45 points while only allowing 14 points during the current streak.
Uh 49-0 trotwood.
Old 09-11-18, 07:32 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
What the hell was sidney thinking scheduleling this game??? Trotwood will probably run the score up and send the jackets off to their new league
Old 09-11-18, 07:49 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
What the hell was sidney thinking scheduleling this game??? Trotwood will probably run the score up and send the jackets off to their new league
Nothing new there...

2015 - 59-21
2014 - 80-21
2013 - 48-13
2012 - 75-7
2011 - 48-6
2010 - 57-14

I would suggest playing the freshman Davis more at QB this week. Don't think Dunham will have much time to throw. Assuming Trotwood has their usual size on the line, there won't be much of a pocket. At the very least need the ability to scramble.
Old 09-11-18, 08:03 PM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
I hope the Jackets win.Nice to see a school not scared to get it on.
Old 09-11-18, 09:42 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
I have the suspicion that Weeks 4 through 9 are going to be ugly for Trotwood opponents. I think they're going to do anything possible to stick it to the outgoing league opponents. I wouldn't want to play them. As a Greenville backer, I'm extra happy to not see them this season. As for this game, I see the Rams hanging at least 60 on Sidney. Not that I think Sidney is that bad, but Trotwood is a wounded animal, and a jilted one at that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-18, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Trotwood only has itself to blame in the end. Recruiting and poor sportsmanship aren’t exactly endearing qualities. Tired of hearing about how they should be “mad” and were wronged. Fake news!

Now to the game at hand. Trotwood has been exposed early and often this year when playing real competition. Fact is they are a shell of the teams recruited and put together in years passed. Sidney will keep this close and will have a chance to win. Expect this one to be decided late. The team that takes care of the ball will come out on top. Consider this a possible upset.
Old 09-12-18, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Trotwood only has itself to blame in the end. Recruiting and poor sportsmanship aren’t exactly endearing qualities. Tired of hearing about how they should be “mad” and were wronged. Fake news!

Now to the game at hand. Trotwood has been exposed early and often this year when playing real competition. Fact is they are a shell of the teams recruited and put together in years passed. Sidney will keep this close and will have a chance to win. Expect this one to be decided late. The team that takes care of the ball will come out on top. Consider this a possible upset.
I can only hope that you are correct!
Old 09-12-18, 07:46 AM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

No way in he11.
Old 09-12-18, 08:45 AM
All Region

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I fully expect Trotwood to come out looking to run up the score on Sidney. We'll see if Sidney can keep that from happening. It's elementary night and is supposed to be a beautiful night, so I expect a big Sidney crowd. We'll see.
Old 09-12-18, 08:55 AM
All District

JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
It's a league crossover game
Old 09-12-18, 08:56 AM
All Region

BoltsFan06 is on a distinguished road
I expect Trotwood to punish the rest of their league opponents, except Wayne, and show everyone why a group of GWOC teams are leaving the Rams behind to head for a new league.

Trotwood - 49
Sidney - 14

Last edited by BoltsFan06; 09-12-18 at 10:45 AM. Reason: because auto correct
Old 09-12-18, 08:59 AM
All Region

Quote:

Love the "Fake News" there...The other teams are tired of getting destroyed by the Rams and are "taking their ball and going home". I will be glad that the level of competition in the remaining GWOC teams will be very high!

That said, Trotwood is going to destroy Sidney Friday night.

To your comment that "Trotwood has been exposed early and often this year when playing real competition." The level of competition that Trotwood has played this year is far and above anything Sidney will bring. Pick Central won the D-1 State Title last year... Are you really comparing what Sidney will bring to what the defending D1 state champs brought?

Last edited by BoltsFan06; 09-12-18 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Adding more detail to show how asinine this take is.
Old 09-12-18, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsFan06 View Post
I expect Trotwood to punish the rest of their league opponents, except Wayne, and show everyone why a group of GWOC teams are leaving the Rams behind to head for a new league.

Trotwood - 49
Sydney - 14
I Not Y
Old 09-12-18, 10:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
I Not Y
Stupid auto correct...
Old 09-12-18, 11:31 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I Not Y
So... Sydnei?
Old 09-12-18, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
So... Sydnei?
Is that French?
Old 09-12-18, 12:00 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
If TM loses to Wayne is their a good possibility the Rams do not make the play-offs? I don't understand why any high school football team would run up the score, very poor sportsmanship and very poor leadership by the head coach in teaching young men on what is right and what is wrong.
Old 09-12-18, 12:42 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
If TM loses to Wayne is their a good possibility the Rams do not make the play-offs? I don't understand why any high school football team would run up the score, very poor sportsmanship and very poor leadership by the head coach in teaching young men on what is right and what is wrong.
They still have a home game at 7-3. Trotwood won’t run it up but their back ups are better than most teams varsity.
Old 09-12-18, 01:31 PM
All American

New Breed is on a distinguished road
The real Trotwood

I've seen Trotwood up close and personal these past few weeks (well, I always do, but still). It's really hard to say where we are right now. On one hard, Trotwood just lost 2 games in a row for the first time in a while. On the other, the level of competition we've played for three straight weeks (5 straight weeks if you want to count the scriammages vs Glenville and Miamisburg) and it feels like the guys have already play half a season.

The biggest issue has been quarterback play. 3 players have had to take snaps this year thus far, and we all know how important consistency at that position is. I think this is the week we figure it out, however if Trotwood comes out flat against a Sidney team that I KNOW is ready to go? Friday could be a looooong night...
Old 09-12-18, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

lat is on a distinguished road
As much as I would love to see Sidney upset trotwood I won’t be surprised if there isnt a running clock the entire second half. Sidney still continues to struggle against the run and I don’t see that changing any time soon. Offensively Sidney will need lots of quick passes and some home runs
Old 09-13-18, 07:22 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
TW 30
Sidney 20
Old 09-13-18, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

ELKSTWO is on a distinguished road
Hell man this ones gonna get dirty bro. Like bro its gonna be dirty
Old 09-13-18, 08:19 AM
All Region

So here's the thing I think is going to be crucial in this game.

On offense
Sidney must get a push by their Offensive Line and establish some sort of inside running game because without this they have no hope of getting the edge on the jet sweep that has kind of been one of their bread and butter plays. They're going to need to have some sort of success passing the ball. I think they're deep enough at WR when they go 4 wide to get some matchups they can exploit, but it's gonna be up to the QB and OL to get the ball to them.

On Defense
Control the line of scrimmage and get Trotwood behind the chains. The more they can force TM to throw the better chance they have to make this a competitive game. They have to force TM to grind out the run game, they can't give up the big run.
Old 09-13-18, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Pick Central would beat every team in gwoc and Simeon would be most as well. Lets not get ahead of ourself and act like Trotwood is losing to dps teams
Old 09-13-18, 10:36 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Pick Central would beat every team in gwoc and Simeon would be most as well. Lets not get ahead of ourself and act like Trotwood is losing to dps teams
This is NOT the TM youre use to. The O is really struggling right now and missing that HR hitter like Hargrove, WRs struggling to catch balls. People calling for a running clock . this could be a tough game along with Piqua next week.
Old 09-13-18, 11:31 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSTWO View Post
Hell man this ones gonna get dirty bro. Like bro its gonna be dirty
I don't think it will, but if it does that's a shame. It's a game, let's go out, compete, and may the best team win.
Old 09-13-18, 11:42 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
heard the well is starting to dry up in Trotwood. I know for a fact Alter especially, CJ, and the other areas are losing kids and talent. Parents are seeing that there you also might need a good education in life. Regardless, I hope the game is civil on Friday night.
Old 09-13-18, 01:07 PM
All American

New Breed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
heard the well is starting to dry up in Trotwood. I know for a fact Alter especially, CJ, and the other areas are losing kids and talent. Parents are seeing that there you also might need a good education in life. Regardless, I hope the game is civil on Friday night.
I don't think we'll have a problem with things being "civil".

As for the well drying up, I'll have to disagree. Trotwood's middle school teams are VERY good. There are some kids coming up that will see real time as freshmen. This year might be a dip (we'll see about that after tomorrow), but there are some good young ball players coming up. Trotwood will be fine.
Old 09-13-18, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm confused by this post. Are you saying that Alter and CJ are losing kids because they are poor academic schools? if so please clarify, because these are 2 really good schools.