Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-18, 11:28 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 51,855
Yappi will become famous soon enough
2018 Division III Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 3)

The voting will take place until Monday, September 10th, 2018. The poll for each division will be released that afternoon.

Use this thread to discuss your top ten voting for D3:

Vote Now - DIII
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-09-18, 09:08 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Scatologist
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,335
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
1 Dayton Chaminade Julienne
2 Parma Padua Franciscan
3 Columbus Bishop Hartley
4 Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary
5 Columbus St. Francis DeSales
6 Trotwood-Madison
7 Kettering Archbishop Alter
8 Mentor Lake Catholic
9 Canfield
10 Bay Village Bay
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-18, 10:49 AM
2021 2021 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-18
Posts: 53
2021 is on a distinguished road
1. Padua Franciscan
2. Dayton Chaminade Julienne
3. Mentor Lake Catholic
4. St. Vincent - St. Mary
5. Trotwood Madison
6. Norte Dame Cathedral Latin
7. Archbishop Alter
8. Cleveland Glenville
9. Columbus St. Francis DeSales
10. Columbus Bishop Hartley
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-18, 10:57 AM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,874
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Region 9 is Akron SVSM vs East
Region 10 sucks
Region 11 Hartley vs Desales
Region 12 Trotwood vs Alter
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-18, 11:02 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,146
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood is probably still the best team in d3 even after 2 bad losses.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-18, 11:08 AM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,699
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Trotwood is probably still the best team in d3 even after 2 bad losses.
Yeah, 75 points in two games has greatness writtten all over it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-18, 11:26 AM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Region 9 is Akron SVSM vs East
Slight problem, Saint Vincent-Saint Mary is most likely going to miss the playoffs this year...
They may be better than the other teams but, that does them no good if they miss the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-18, 11:31 AM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,874
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
Slight problem, Saint Vincent-Saint Mary is most likely going to miss the playoffs this year...
They may be better than the other teams but, that does them no good if they miss the playoffs.
How? They are 2-1 and should be favored in every game but Hoban
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-18, 11:45 AM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 5,386
FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
It will come down to what the Irish do against the Maryland team IMO. Being in Akron is an advantage but this team is very good. SVSM is the top team in this region but schedules sometime come into play with Harbins. And I'm sure there will be an upset or two along the way to mess with everything.

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 09-09-18 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-18, 11:46 AM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
How? They are 2-1 and should be favored in every game but Hoban
If they lose to Mooney they are done because lets look at L2 points...
Massillon loss
Walsh Jesuit will go 1-9 or 0-10
Benedictine will probably go 3-7
Mooney is a toss up at this point after they beat DeSales
Archbishop Hoban will be a loss
Perry will go 7-3 or 8-2
Glen Oak will be lucky to win more than 3 games (Green and Lake only wins left)
Buchtel will only win 4 or 5 games
They may lose to the team from Maryland
Ursuline will go 1-9 or 0-10 (only chance left is Louisvile)

Just so you know if SVSM goes 7-3 they are out, they won't have enough points. So assuming they lose to Hoban, if they lose to Mooney or the MD team they will be out.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-09-18, 11:53 AM
Irish Football Irish Football is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 156
Irish Football is on a distinguished road
The only way STV does not win this region is if they don’t make it into the playoffs. This region is average teams playing easy schedules. The fact that Buckeye can make it in after getting destroyed by an average Revere team is ridiculous. East is probably the only team that could challenge them should they meet up in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-09-18, 12:08 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
The only way STV does not win this region is if they don’t make it into the playoffs. This region is average teams playing easy schedules.
While all this is true, SV-SM is projected to miss the playoffs and needs to go 9-1 to guarantee making the cut due to all the teams on their schedule that will finish with awful records, if they go 8-2 it will be 50-50, if they go 7-3 they are out for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-09-18, 12:13 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
1. Trotwood-Madison
2. Bishop Hartley
3. St Vincent-St Mary
4. Canfield
5. East
6. ND-CL
7. St. Francis DeSales
8. Lake Catholic
9. Chaminade Julienne
10. Glenville
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-09-18, 12:53 PM
Bucksfan1 Bucksfan1 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 39
Bucksfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
If they lose to Mooney they are done because lets look at L2 points...
Massillon loss
Walsh Jesuit will go 1-9 or 0-10
Benedictine will probably go 3-7
Mooney is a toss up at this point after they beat DeSales
Archbishop Hoban will be a loss
Perry will go 7-3 or 8-2
Glen Oak will be lucky to win more than 3 games (Green and Lake only wins left)
Buchtel will only win 4 or 5 games
They may lose to the team from Maryland
Ursuline will go 1-9 or 0-10 (only chance left is Louisvile)

Just so you know if SVSM goes 7-3 they are out, they won't have enough points. So assuming they lose to Hoban, if they lose to Mooney or the MD team they will be out.
You are praying with everything you have that STVM doesn’t make the playoffs. Because you know what will happen if they do.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-09-18, 12:55 PM
Bucksfan1 Bucksfan1 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 39
Bucksfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
1. Trotwood-Madison
2. Bishop Hartley
3. St Vincent-St Mary
4. Canfield
5. East
6. ND-CL
7. St. Francis DeSales
8. Lake Catholic
9. Chaminade Julienne
10. Glenville
Canfield isn’t even in the top 10. Homer.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-09-18, 12:57 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan1 View Post
You are praying with everything you have that STVM doesn’t make the playoffs. Because you know what will happen if they do.
Canfield was the better team last year but still lost. While SV-SM is clearly the better team this year, and probably the best team in region 9. But if they don't make the playoffs they open the door for the likes Canfield, ND-CL, East et al.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-09-18, 01:02 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan1 View Post
Canfield isn’t even in the top 10. Homer.
Canfield may not have the offense they had last year, but they still have a very formidable defense.

Longest streaks allowing less than 20 pts.
33 games Maria Stein Marion Local (3-0 D6 R24)
16 games Canfield (3-0 D3 R9)
10 games Hilliard Davidson (3-0 D1 R3)
10 games Rootstown (3-0 D6 R21)

Longest streaks allowing less than 30 pts.
81 games Maria Stein Marion Local (3-0 D6 R24)
38 games Akron Archbishop Hoban (3-0 D2 R5)
24 games Waterford (2-1 D7 R27)
22 games Cincinnati St Xavier (2-1 D1 R4)
22 games Canfield (3-0 D3 R9)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-09-18, 01:05 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,146
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Yeah, 75 points in two games has greatness writtten all over it.
Are you suggesting anyone else in d3 would hold Pick Central to under 42? Or even have the balls to even play that game?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-09-18, 01:16 PM
2021 2021 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-18
Posts: 53
2021 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
1. Trotwood-Madison
2. Bishop Hartley
3. St Vincent-St Mary
4. Canfield
5. East
6. ND-CL
7. St. Francis DeSales
8. Lake Catholic
9. Chaminade Julienne
10. Glenville
Anyone with a top ten list that doesn’t include Padua doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-09-18, 01:20 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Are you suggesting anyone else in d3 would hold Pick Central to under 42?
I think Canfield could possibly hold Pickerington Central under 42 points, however Canfield would definitely be shut out, and the outcome of the game would never be in question obviously.
Canfield would never have the balls to schedule either of those games though...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-09-18, 01:21 PM
2021 2021 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-18
Posts: 53
2021 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Are you suggesting anyone else in d3 would hold Pick Central to under 42? Or even have the balls to even play that game?
Padua has the best defense in D3 and will only get better in week six when their other LB transfer Mbiamba is eligible.
The freshman QB put them in two bad spots against Holy Name with turnovers in field goal range. Otherwise they’ve given up about 200 yards of offense and 14 points in three games.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-09-18, 01:28 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021 View Post
Anyone with a top ten list that doesn’t include Padua doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about.
Padua Franciscan hasn't played anyone to speak of so far this season...
Howland is awful, Holy Name and Woodridge aren't much better.
Two out of your three opponents are 0-3, and Holy Name's only win is against another awful team in Cleveland Central Catholic.
If Padua Franciscan beats any of Notre Dame-Catahedral Latin, Archbishop Hoban, and/or Lake Catholic then they will definitely be up there.
So come week 6, if you are undefeated and beat ND-CL you will easily be in my top 10.

Also I would have them at #12 or #13 this week.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-09-18, 01:37 PM
2021 2021 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-18
Posts: 53
2021 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
Padua Franciscan hasn't played anyone to speak of so far this season...
Howland is awful, Holy Name and Woodridge aren't much better.
Two out of your three opponents are 0-3, and Holy Name's only win is against another awful team in Cleveland Central Catholic.
If Padua Franciscan beats any of Notre Dame-Catahedral Latin, Archbishop Hoban, and/or Lake Catholic then they will definitely be up there.
So come week 6, if you are undefeated and beat ND-CL you will easily be in my top 10.

Also I would have them at #12 or #13 this week.
#12 or 13.

Says the guy with a 1-2 team at number one.

They did exactly what a good team should do to two bad teams, 40-0 at the half (Woodridge) and 25-7 at Howland on the road in Youngstown. Holy Name is a rilvalry game on the road. A win is a win in a rivalry game. People who know football understand that.

Nobody in D3, D2 or D1 is beating Hoban so shelve that nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-09-18, 01:46 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021 View Post
#12 or 13.
Says the guy with a 1-2 team at number one.
Nobody in D3, D2 or D1 is beating Hoban so shelve that nonsense.
Trotwood-Madison would not have any problem beating Canfield or Padua Franciscan or most any other team in division three this year. Trotwood- Madison could give Hoban a game in my opinion.

Just because someone is 3-0 and the other team is 0-3 does not make them better. Anyone can go 3-0 against the trash that you played so far. With Trotwood-Madison's schedule this year you would be 6-4 at best...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-09-18, 01:52 PM
2021 2021 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-18
Posts: 53
2021 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
Trotwood-Madison would not have any problem beating Canfield or Padua Franciscan or most any other team in division three this year. Trotwood- Madison could give Hoban a game in my opinion.

Just because someone is 3-0 and the other team is 0-3 does not make them better. Anyone can go 3-0 against the trash that you played so far. With Trotwood-Madison's schedule this year you would be 6-4 at best...
TM could give Hoban a game.

Obviously squeaking by WW before getting throttled in back to back games is justification for being #1. But destroying two bad teams and beating your rival on the road gets you #13.

Stick to judging flag girl competitions

I have better things to do.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-09-18, 01:55 PM
2021 2021 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-18
Posts: 53
2021 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
Trotwood-Madison's schedule this year you would be 6-4 at best...
For the record band dad, I do not play for Padua. So no, “you” or I would not be 6-4 verses anybody.

Right now it looks like TM is going to 6-4 verse their own schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-09-18, 02:02 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021 View Post
For the record band dad, I do not play for Padua. So no, “you” or I would not be 6-4 verses anybody.

Right now it looks like TM is going to 6-4 verse their own schedule.
How about tell the Padua AD to schedule someone that isn't trash for your non-league games. Just because Holy Name is your rival doesn't magically make them good. If Padua didn't play all these worthless teams, then maybe they would be ranked higher right now, but until Padua actually plays someone decent I am not going to rank them just for the hell of it.

And I highly doubt Trotwood goes 6-4, there is like a 1% chance of that happening.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-09-18, 02:06 PM
River_Eagle River_Eagle is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-09-13
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 102
River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
When Padua puts Jimmy McAdams at NT they’re playing with 8 or 9 future D1 players on defense. In three games they’ve given up one sustained offensive drive. They’re almost impossible to run on and may have the best LB group in the state.
The only way they don’t win a state title is if their 14 year old freshman QB, who will also be a D1 player eventually is not up to this unreasonable task.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-09-18, 02:18 PM
River_Eagle River_Eagle is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-09-13
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 102
River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
How about tell the Padua AD to schedule someone that isn't trash for your non-league games. Just because Holy Name is your rival doesn't magically make them good. If Padua didn't play all these worthless teams, then maybe they would be ranked higher right now, but until Padua actually plays someone decent I am not going to rank them just for the hell of it.

And I highly doubt Trotwood goes 6-4, there is like a 1% chance of that happening.
Trotwood is 7-3 at best right now. There is no reason to believe after the last two weeks that they’re up to beating Wayne.

And a passionate rival does in fact magically become good. Which is exactly the point of a rivalry game. In case you slept through a history of endless upsets at the hands of heavily outmatched teams. If not for this “magic” a rilvary game would be, just another game.
I’m all for good fun debate between fans of different teams. But your point here is just incorrect.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-09-18, 02:24 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 1,212
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Eagle View Post
But your point here is just incorrect.
Holy Name is trash this year, end of story.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division I Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 3) Yappi Football 41 09-12-18 11:09 AM
2018 Division II Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 3) Yappi Football 35 09-09-18 07:51 PM
2018 Division III Preseason Poll Voting Discussion Yappi Football 3 08-19-18 06:51 PM
Division III Poll Voting Discussion (Week 6) Yappi Football 5 10-02-17 12:01 PM
2017 Football Poll Voting (Week 4 Voting Open) Yappi Football 0 09-16-17 11:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz