Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-18, 03:40 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
If you "bare down" at our age, Perry '67, you get some snickers, a few looks of pity and likely a felony charge.

The beauty is at our age snickers, pity, or the slightest ounce of shame is no longer a deterrent.
Old 09-17-18, 03:53 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Bear down.
HAHA - but at least I woke up a Sleeping Bare
Old 09-17-18, 05:21 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
What game in Stark County will be the most exciting?

I say McKinley vs Hoover.
Old 09-17-18, 05:40 PM
All Ohio

GO DEEP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Massillon is as talented as either Hoban or TCC. Massillon has been winning and they have been winning big, but they still haven't looked razor sharp in the passing game. In my opinion that is what it is going to take to win a State championship this year offensively. We're going to have to execute the intermediate passing game at a flawless level, we have the talent and ability to do that. Pick six against Montclair came on the same long wr screen play we had ran twice in the game prior to the int, Montclair was waiting to jump that route. If you go 11-20 with two int and one returned for an int against a quality opponent it's probably costing you the game. Now I know we have been able to dominate up front and if it's not broke don't fix it, but we all know it's going to be very tough sleddin at some point. We've got all the tools in place, but there are things to clean up.
I keep telling myself there is a reason that will show up later in the season for continuing to run that, wont talk about it again.
Old 09-17-18, 06:35 PM
All American

MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Massillon is as talented as either Hoban or TCC. Massillon has been winning and they have been winning big, but they still haven't looked razor sharp in the passing game. In my opinion that is what it is going to take to win a State championship this year offensively. We're going to have to execute the intermediate passing game at a flawless level, we have the talent and ability to do that. Pick six against Montclair came on the same long wr screen play we had ran twice in the game prior to the int, Montclair was waiting to jump that route. If you go 11-20 with two int and one returned for an int against a quality opponent it's probably costing you the game. Now I know we have been able to dominate up front and if it's not broke don't fix it, but we all know it's going to be very tough sleddin at some point. We've got all the tools in place, but there are things to clean up.
The ball was tipped at the line...
Old 09-17-18, 06:50 PM
All Region

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
J
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Hoban is awesome but this is completely incorrect. Ignatius and Wayne are not in the top 3 of there division. So you have what Mentor 1, then Ignatius and then Wayne? I guess Colerain or Pickerington Central don't exist. I guess Miamisburg who just beat Wayne 30-13 didn't happen.

Based on this logic Massillon did beat a top 3 team in their division in St Vs putting up 35 and holding them to 7! I know St Vs is a no good D3 school.
Well aren't you the clever one. I was talking about Massillon and Hoban being two of the top 3 in the state in D2. You do know Wayne and Ignatius are D1 dont you? Should i walk you through this? The other one would be TCC (D2 in case you don't know lol).

As for Iggy,look who they lost to : Mentor and HOBAN. This isnot Iggy's best start to a season,but they are better than anyone you play.Maybe better than Massillon.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 09-17-18 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-17-18, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Well aren't you the clever one. I was talking about Massillon and Hoban being two of the top 3 in the state in D2. You do know Wayne and Ignatius are D1 dont you? Should i walk you through this? The other one would be TCL (D2 in case you don't know lol).

As for Iggy,look who they lo. Mentor and HOBAN. This isnot Iggy's best start to a season,but they are better than anyone you play.Maybe better than Massillon.

What about East St. Louis, Illinois????
Old 09-17-18, 07:01 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassillonTigers3 View Post
The ball was tipped at the line...
May have been tipped, looked to me that they were anticipating the pass, they had seen the very same play twice in short order and it's in all our film. Understand why we run it, hopefully we'll get a big play off giving a team that look and hitting a big play over the top when we need it.
Old 09-17-18, 07:05 PM
All Region

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
I'm having issues with my phone. I'll get back to you.
Old 09-17-18, 07:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
May have been tipped, looked to me that they were anticipating the pass, they had seen the very same play twice in short order and it's in all our film. Understand why we run it, hopefully we'll get a big play off giving a team that look and hitting a big play over the top when we need it.

FYI. The ball was tipped
Old 09-17-18, 07:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm having issues with my phone. I'll get back to you.

I can guarantee you there is only team on McKinley’s schedule better than East St. Louis!
Old 09-17-18, 07:28 PM
All American

MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
FYI. The ball was tipped
Not to mention that they were running a slant and not even a wr screen which is what ppl are griping about. OLB blitzed right into the throwing lane and got his hands up and the ball unfortunately deflected right to the cornerback.
Old 09-17-18, 07:43 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope our players donít under estimate how good ESL is like the people on here do. This team is the real deal.
Old 09-17-18, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
I hope our players donít under estimate how good ESL is like the people on here do. This team is the real deal.

Coach Moore wonít let that happen.
Old 09-17-18, 07:52 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Six or seven touchdowns better than McKinley? Bro, bro, bro. You ever been to one of these games?
Yes I've seen McKinley. They can't stop the pass and from what I hear from you Massillon peeps and what I read in the papers Massillon's pretty good at it no?
Old 09-17-18, 07:56 PM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Yes I've seen McKinley. They can't stop the pass and from what I hear from you Massillon peeps and what I read in the papers Massillon's pretty good at it no?
If they have trouble defending the pass, they will have trouble with North Canton. They have 3 receivers that are 6'2", 6'4", and 6'5"and are fast.
Old 09-17-18, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Not to mention that they were running a slant and not even a wr screen which is what ppl are griping about. OLB blitzed right into the throwing lane and got his hands up and the ball unfortunately deflected right to the cornerback.

Quote:
Quote:
Coach Moore wonít let that happen.
This sounds like it would be more appropriate for the Massillon Football 2018 thread. http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313863
Old 09-17-18, 08:09 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
This sounds like it would be more appropriate for the Massillon Football 2018 thread. http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313863
Let it go.

This thread has gone so many different ways that nothing could possibly qualify as being off topic.
Old 09-17-18, 08:19 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've looked at ESL's schedule and body of work, and I'm not convinced. They look like another classic puffed-up out-of-state opponent that might hang around for a little while until the floodgates open.

Let me make this clear though: I am not faulting Massillon for scheduling this game. They will get good computer points from it, and when you can't play the teams you want to play, you play the teams you can play.
Old 09-17-18, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

There are a couple trolls that post on every Massillon thread that take up a lot of space.
Old 09-17-18, 08:34 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out, thought they were attempting that long wr screen to the sideline that they had done two previous times, before the int. But it's exactly what it looked like in real time in the stands.
Old 09-17-18, 08:46 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Did the city of Massillon leave Stark County ?
Old 09-17-18, 09:38 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I've looked at ESL's schedule and body of work, and I'm not convinced. They look like another classic puffed-up out-of-state opponent that might hang around for a little while until the floodgates open.

Let me make this clear though: I am not faulting Massillon for scheduling this game. They will get good computer points from it, and when you can't play the teams you want to play, you play the teams you can play.
I hope you are correct but from the video I have seen this team has some dangerous athletes on the field. I agree they may fall apart at the first sign of trouble, we will find out soon enough.
Old 09-17-18, 09:44 PM
All World

Quote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/BEob5qwFkSJ7G/giphy.gif
Old 09-17-18, 10:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post

From the film Iíve seen it looks like they are very fast especially on the DL and LBís. The QB is young and not very accurate. Itís hard to really get a good read on out of state teams because of the unknown in terms of who they are playing.
The NJ team looked great on film and actually ďlookedĒ the part of a team that would be in the game in the 4th, but it truly seemed like they have never seen overall team speed like Massillon.
Old 09-17-18, 10:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
What game in Stark County will be the most exciting?

I say McKinley vs Hoover.
Iíd have to say Louisville-Perry could be very interesting. We all know what Perryís weakness is and that fits right into Louisvilleís game plan. The problem will be can the Leps control the run at all.
Old 09-17-18, 11:42 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
If you "bare down" at our age, Perry '67, you get some snickers, a few looks of pity and likely a felony charge.
I am sure you know I was correcting Mr. Central Shadow Rider... Went to St. Joan of Arc. He should know better. BARE Azz. Polar Bear. Get it? I'm awake just don't have a lot to add. Good Luck to All Stark County teams.
Old 09-18-18, 12:04 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
J

Well aren't you the clever one. I was talking about Massillon and Hoban being two of the top 3 in the state in D2. You do know Wayne and Ignatius are D1 dont you? Should i walk you through this? The other one would be TCC (D2 in case you don't know lol).

As for Iggy,look who they lost to : Mentor and HOBAN. This isnot Iggy's best start to a season,but they are better than anyone you play.Maybe better than Massillon.
How about you walk me through Ignatius and Wayne being top 3 in their division. I am fully aware of who Wayne and Ignatius are, what division they are in, what region they are in, who they have played and whether they won or lost. I also have seen Mentor, Ignatius, St Eds, St Vs, all play! Have you? You said Ignatius and Wayne were top 3 in their division. You are wrong! I also believe Hoban is a top 5 team in the state, but they have not beaten a top 3 team in the state. Is Ignatius better than any team anyone in Stark county has played? Yes! Never said anything different. I am fully aware who TCC is and currently would rank them #2 in D2. I also know Who La Salle, Winton Woods, Anthony Wayne, Avon Lake, Avon, Barberton, Troy, Wadsworth and Dresden are. I know who Coldwater, St Henry, and Marian Stein are and what division and region. Let's Not forget Big Red ohh and Colerain, and St X. Do you know who Pickerington Central and North are? How about Hilliard Davidson? You walk me through teams in Ohio.
Old 09-18-18, 07:52 AM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
I am sure you know I was correcting Mr. Central Shadow Rider... Went to St. Joan of Arc. He should know better. BARE Azz. Polar Bear. Get it? I'm awake just don't have a lot to add. Good Luck to All Stark County teams.
haha....

Since we are here - thread must at least Congratulate acknowledge Coach Wakefield on win 200! - and Perry Football is really in their "Golden Years" right now! - now am I going to get a fight for that statement
Old 09-18-18, 08:21 AM
All Region

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This was my point about not being in their league. Massillon is absolutely loaded with talent, more than ever this year, but talent will only take you so far. Talent will win if there is poor execution and coaching on both sides, but when talent is similar, execution becomes critical. Last year, Winton Woods was just as talented as Massillon and Hoban, maybe even more than Massillon. Winton Woods spotted Massillon and Hoban 21 points each. The difference was Massillon continued to execute poorly and was undisciplined, resulting in a 56-21 blowout. Hoban maintained near perfect execution throughout the game and with a significantly younger team, manhandled Winton Woods.

There is NO DOUBT that Massillon is the best team in Stark County, but Hoban LaSalle, and yes, TCC, is a big step above them right now. These teams have been in bigger games with more success and have demonstrated the ability to execute at an exceptional level.
Closed Thread