Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-12-18, 09:09 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Tolerant?

Where did Wash Post learn their history?

When have they permitted REAL political dissesntion, let alone social dissention? The laws are meant to assuage western norms but practice is a different thing.

Everything relative, the far majority live in peace as in any of the even most intolerant societies, as long as a person keeps their head down. They have a vote and means to make their opinions reality, to a point. Too much policing bears a social, political and economic cost. Missionaries live in peace and can go about their business as long as they stay in their lane. This is what is meant by "tolerance" in most places. Out of sight, out of mind. You start showing yourself and that's when reality become laws. In THIS case, those intolerant laws are going to reflect the opinions of the majority. I don't see the common populace rising up over this. Indonesia is not likely to have to crack down on the larger society because of this.
When thinking in terms of a Muslim majority country, Indonesia has historically been much more tolerant than the others. Now this is on a relative scale of course as even in "tolerant" Indonesia the Muslim majority has at times staged brutal pogroms against Christians & Hindus.

And you're right that politically Indonesia has often been ruled by authoritative regimes.

I guess the difference here is that much of the sectarian violence and repression has been "private" rather than "official government" business. That the Islamist's are gaining this kind of influence in Indonesia's local, state & central governments is alarming and might be the first signs of the rise of extreme Islamism as official policy in the worlds largest Muslim nation. Bottom line is that it bears watching.
Old 02-12-18, 09:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Oh the irony.

Kinda hard to feign shock at policies a significant number of Americans would support here.
I love your approach TP: dish out some vintage false equivalence with an untrue slander against conservative Americans! Because of course conservatives, Trump supporters & libertarians all want US law to ban gay sex and any sex outside of marriage! I mean they told you that on MSNBC right TP.
Old 02-12-18, 09:34 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
What if he is innocent? What should happen to the accusers?
You sir should be burned at the stake, for even suggesting the accusers could be wrong. And Gen. Kelly should be fired too, btw.
Old 02-13-18, 03:44 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Oh the irony.

Kinda hard to feign shock at policies a significant number of Americans would support here.
Still stuck on stupid.
Old 02-14-18, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
The NYT has an article seriously debating the crucial question - Should white kids be allowed to wear a "Black Panther" mask/costume to the movie this weekend?
Old 02-14-18, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
The NYT has an article seriously debating the crucial question - Should white kids be allowed to wear a "Black Panther" mask/costume to the movie this weekend?
It's almost as if the progressive left does not want racial reconciliation.
Old 02-14-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also being promoted as potentially the biggest " black" movie of all time...god forbid we judge the movie simply on it's merit.

A bit disingenuous anyway... superhero movies tend to make large sums of money...we aren't talking Madea here.
Old 02-14-18, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

I know I'm being a hypocrite because I only like polls with GOOD news but I figured BJF wouldn't be posting this one anytime soon:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...blicans-407315

Wow, the republicans now LEAD the generic congressional election poll after being down a lot for the last few months. Sure, the actual number (republicans +1) isn't all that important or probably accurate BUT the change in direction, which has been captured by almost all the polls, is likely real. The GOP has caught back up to the democrats meaning that the chances of a "blue wave" in the midterms are receding fast.
Old 02-14-18, 10:00 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They celebrated Wonder Woman last year as a female role model, it's probably time for a black role model.......
Old 02-14-18, 10:04 AM
All Yappi

Here's something else that might be acting against the dems in the midterms:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/13/ke...n-iran-dinner/

The ties between several congressional Democrats and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan have already become a 2018 campaign issue.

Four different Democrats have either attended a private event with Farrakhan — a notorious anti-Semite who describes Jews as “Satanic” — or publicly expressed support for the hate group leader.

In the scandal’s most recent development, three Democratic congressmen were revealed to have attended a private dinner with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Farrakhan.

That dinner between top democrats and the president of Iran & Farrakhan reminded me of this scene in a movie:

Old 02-22-18, 09:38 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
The Cleveland Metroparks announced that they intend to murder another 400-450 Bambis this year. This typically yields 12,000-15,000 lbs of venison to the Cleveland Food Bank annually.
Old 02-23-18, 07:41 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
You do know over populated herds bring on disease and under size deer. Ohio's deer number are too large now in my opinion.
Old 02-23-18, 07:48 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Yup.

Murdered Cabe? Lol you best wipe that lipstick off you little pile of girlyness
Old 02-23-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Yup.

Murdered Cabe? Lol you best wipe that lipstick off you little pile of girlyness
I'm all about murdering Bambi. You should know that, you dipsh1t.

And the only lipstick on me is from Mrs wch......about halfway down the shaft......
Old 02-23-18, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
You do know over populated herds bring on disease and under size deer. Ohio's deer number are too large now in my opinion.
The best thing about deer over-population is that it really kick-starts the coyote comeback. I love me some kitty and poodle-eatin' coyotes!!

I don't know if you are familiar with the area, but the Cleveland Metroparks are referred to as the "Emerald Necklace" because they ring the city. Sharpshooters do cull the deer herd there. Much of the Metroparks border the federal CVNRA, 33,000 acres between Cleveland and Akron where the deer are not shot. Consequently, the deer are as common as rabbits. They destroy my landscaping and raise my car insurance rates. I could have legally taken 5 deer in my zone. Even the ODNR wants our deer dead.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 02-23-18 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-23-18, 10:15 AM
All American

I grew up in Avon Lake went to college in southern Ohio and forgot to go back home. Live in a small rural farm town and find that I have to be on the watch and dodge deer almost all year long not just in the fall.
Old 02-23-18, 11:47 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
It takes some serious brass to chant "Lock her up" when indictments are being served to high level members of your staff. Manafort is in pretty deep. Tic-Toc. Kushner has to be sweating
Old 02-23-18, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Keep humping that leg Happy.
Old 02-23-18, 12:07 PM
All World

One thing you need to admit...this is not a Nuthingburger.

Manafort wasn't just in financial difficulties; he was in substantial debt to Russian oligarchs and wished to use his new status to get out from that. What exactly he did we don't yet know. It strains belief to think he did nothing.
Old 02-23-18, 02:22 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
It sounds like Happy might need to hear some good news for a change!

President Trump Reaches 50% Job Approval Rating

(Barry polled 45% at this point in his presidency)
Old 02-23-18, 04:44 PM
All American

domi is on a distinguished road
In other news China is cracking down on funeral strippers:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8220866.html
Old 02-23-18, 04:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post

Manafort wasn't just in financial difficulties; he was in substantial debt to Russian oligarchs and wished to use his new status to get out from that. What exactly he did we don't yet know. It strains belief to think he did nothing.
And Trump is involved how? Where is the collusion?
Old 02-23-18, 04:59 PM
All American

Quote:
It takes some serious brass to chant "Lock her up" when indictments are being served to high level members of your staff. Manafort is in pretty deep. Tic-Toc. Kushner has to be sweating
Lock em up! But where is the collusion?
Old 02-23-18, 05:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I grew up in Avon Lake went to college in southern Ohio and forgot to go back home. Live in a small rural farm town and find that I have to be on the watch and dodge deer almost all year long not just in the fall.
I can help you rid that deer problem.
Old 02-23-18, 05:11 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Are you trying to get Tony and John Podesta thrown in jail? This is the correct timeline, it precedes anything Manafort did with Trump by years.
The Podesta group ties and bribes though Victor Unicovich and Putin connect the DNC, Clinton foundation and leed to Uranium One among other things ...you might not what is down that rabbit hole.

Thank God Trump noticed the swamp stench on Manafort and got rid of him instead of dealing with him for many years.
Old 02-24-18, 07:52 AM
All American

How many times has Trump ran for any office? Did the D party want him to win? Did the R party want him to win? Who was willing to join and help Trump organize and win? If you were running for office and for president would you with little help from the people who could have helped know all the right people to listen to and hire? The Swamp wanted him to fail then and now, so if they gave or give him advice it was not the best that is for sure. The truth is he is out there by himself and had a large learning curve to overcome. The truth is he has been doing a pretty fair job and now 50% rating says he is learning and getting better. Notice it is not going down it is going up.
Old 02-26-18, 08:30 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post
It sounds like Happy might need to hear some good news for a change!

President Trump Reaches 50% Job Approval Rating

(Barry polled 45% at this point in his presidency)
New CNN poll: Trump's approval slides to 35 percent. Among women, it's 29 (!), and among young people it's 22 (!!). And Trump trails all previous presidents' approval at this point by double digits.
Old 02-26-18, 08:42 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
New CNN poll: Trump's approval slides to 35 percent. Among women, it's 29 (!), and among young people it's 22 (!!). And Trump trails all previous presidents' approval at this point by double digits.
Could you provide a little less biased poll?
Old 02-26-18, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Funny how these 21st century polls work. The CNN ones show Trump collapsing while others show him ahead of Obama at this stage of his term. Hmm, makes you wonder if polls haven't become a part of the MSM's fake news?
Old 02-26-18, 09:20 AM
All American

Want a low poll go to the inner cities and ask democrats their opinion and wow Trump is down in the dumpster. Now go out to the midwest and ask how he is doing and you will find he is a shooting star. Location location it is all about location.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: