Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-18-18, 08:41 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Are all Browns fans as dumb as you guys? The management to? Aj Mc is probably the best free agent qb pick out there.
You must reallllllly like Dalton if you're that enamored with his backup.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
The Browns and their "who will our next quarterback be?" banter. The one sport that knows no offseason. I'd ask why you guys don't get tired of this stuff but apparently, no one ever does.

Go Tribe!!
Old 02-19-18, 08:19 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
You must reallllllly like Dalton if you're that enamored with his backup.
I have always said Aj should of started over Dalton. Dalton is the best mediocre qb in the NFL.
Old 02-19-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Blurb from SI.com on where the draft and free agent QBs will land-

Cleveland: Sam Darnold and Sam Bradford. The reason Browns GM John Dorsey wanted Alex Smith, or even McCarron or another veteran, is because he wants to be competitive from the start this season. You sign Bradford because you know as long as he stays healthy (Ten days? Ten games?), he’s a top-12-caliber quarterback. But he’s played more than seven games in just two of the last five seasons, and so the Browns won’t be guaranteed anything except some sleepless nights if they sign Bradford. But no matter which veteran Cleveland gets (and McCarron is certainly a strong prospect here), Dorsey will backstop with a rookie, and Darnold, who needs a large dose of development, would be fine with a year or more of clipboard-holding.
Old 02-20-18, 05:16 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
browns fans will demand the rookie start the first week.
Old 02-20-18, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
browns fans will demand the rookie start the first week.
Not this one. Nor, do I believe that the majority of Browns fans will want to see the rookie start the season. We've seen this movie before and we know how it ends, and it doesn't end well. Ever.

I'm mostly ambivalent as to who the veteran QB will be. Just be durable (which is why I don't want Bradford. The guy can't get out of his car without pulling a hammy). End the season on your feet instead of on IR. For the first time in a long, long time, I have confidence in the people running the Browns front office. Let's see how this plays out.
Old 02-20-18, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Not this one. Nor, do I believe that the majority of Browns fans will want to see the rookie start the season. We've seen this movie before and we know how it ends, and it doesn't end well. Ever.

I'm mostly ambivalent as to who the veteran QB will be. Just be durable (which is why I don't want Bradford. The guy can't get out of his car without pulling a hammy). End the season on your feet instead of on IR. For the first time in a long, long time, I have confidence in the people running the Browns front office. Let's see how this plays out.
Let's just hope the veteran doesn't struggle in the preseason while the rookie does well or the grumbling will start.
Old 02-20-18, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

The Jets are willing to pay "whatever it takes" to lure quarterback Kirk Cousins to New York, according to ESPN's Rich Cimini.

Interesting MMQB article on reasons Cousins may not get huge contract everyone is expecting- https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/20/nf...terback-market
Old 02-20-18, 12:00 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:

This. 99% agreement.

IF, after careful assessment, they decide that Rosen is their guy, then and only then would I be OK with glass-man Sam. Rosen is the most prepared to call plays at the LoS.
Old 02-20-18, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Let's just hope the veteran doesn't struggle in the preseason while the rookie does well or the grumbling will start.
Let the idiots grumble.
Old 02-20-18, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Let the idiots grumble.
Amen, and let the front office and coaching staff have the stones to stick to the plan rather than make a bad pressured call like Manziel getting inserted.
Old 02-20-18, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Amen, and let the front office and coaching staff have the stones to stick to the plan rather than make a bad pressured call like Manziel getting inserted.
I don't think this front office is stupid enough and/or insecure enough to force the issue to make themselves look good. If there are some fans clamoring for Darnold/Rosen to get under center to start the season, toss them into the river...preferably tied to a few cinder blocks. If they make some judicious choices defensively in the draft and find a serviceable quarterback, I firmly believe the rebuilding is on a sturdy foundation.
Old 02-20-18, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't think this front office is stupid enough and/or insecure enough to force the issue to make themselves look good. If there are some fans clamoring for Darnold/Rosen to get under center to start the season, toss them into the river...preferably tied to a few cinder blocks. If they make some judicious choices defensively in the draft and find a serviceable quarterback, I firmly believe the rebuilding is on a sturdy foundation.
I guess I'll have to see if before I believe it. I thought Dwight Clark was a football guy; Savage would bring the Newsome/Ravens model to the Browns; Tom Heckert would get things turned around; they were lucky to get Farmer as he was wanted all over the league...

What's that old saying? "Once bitten, twice shy." I've been bitten wayyyyyyy too damn many times.
Old 02-20-18, 06:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Or McCoy
Old 02-20-18, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

Here's a mock that seems pretty solid-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-by-taking-qb/

Especially because it has the Browns headed in the proper direction
Old 02-20-18, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

You only say that because they're the guys you would pick. That alone scares me away from them!
Old 02-20-18, 08:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

You'll love this one- Barkley and Mayfield!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php
Old 02-20-18, 08:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Ooooo... Wow. The beginnings of a college all-star team ! How exciting!!
Old 02-20-18, 08:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

That Mayfield pick is essentially based upon quotes that could easily be smoke, even though WF claims it isn't smoke. Dorsey likes him......and Allen.....etc... McCloughan actually said Mayfield "to win a game today". The real view will be a bit longer.

Mayfield could be used similarly to how Seattle uses Wilson. I don't doubt Haley could make it work, but I think the ceiling is lower with Mayfield. I'd be OK with Mayfield and Fitzpatrick, but they can probably trade down a bit to do it.

The Barkley pick #1 is completely stupid.
Old 02-21-18, 04:34 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That Mayfield pick is essentially based upon quotes that could easily be smoke, even though WF claims it isn't smoke. Dorsey likes him......and Allen.....etc... McCloughan actually said Mayfield "to win a game today". The real view will be a bit longer.

Mayfield could be used similarly to how Seattle uses Wilson. I don't doubt Haley could make it work, but I think the ceiling is lower with Mayfield. I'd be OK with Mayfield and Fitzpatrick, but they can probably trade down a bit to do it.

The Barkley pick #1 is completely stupid.
I agree with this ... while I think Barkley is going to be a weapon in the NFL ... much like Alvin Kamara ... did really well ... but it worked in NO because he was paired up with Mark Ingram who got the hard yards between the tackles ... being paired with Duke Johnson ... too similar styles. Also could get nearly as good (productive) RB in the second round ... my sleeper pick at RB is Rashaad Penny.

As for QB ... this is a really tough call. I think Josh Allen has by far the most talent ... I know he only completed 57% of his passes, but why? ... I really think it was his team ... they are bad ... he little time, very few open receivers(had to throw into more tight windows) and their scheme was to throw the ball down field more than any of the others.

Mayfield ... has the tools, but needs to be in the right place ... he was the opposite of Allen ... played on a great offensive team(tons of talent around him) ... plenty of time to throw and open receivers ... was not forced to throw into a lot of tight windows ... their receiver Brown is going to be a star.

Darnold ... look really good two years ago when talent was good ... struggled a little this year when they had less talent (OL was really bad) ... his throwing motion is a little long ... but I love his competitiveness and size.

Rosen scares me the most ... has the best throwing motion and mechanics when the pocket is clean ... struggle when force off his spot in the pocket ... looks like the worst athlete of the four ... I also question his competitiveness.

It is a crap shoot ... anyone of the four could end up a stud and anyone of them could be a bust ... I think it will be about how well they fit with their team ... I ones that end up in a good situation will succeed ... the ones put in a bad place will fail ... it is that simple.
Old 02-22-18, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

I love watching how certain players move in and out of the media's attention. Rosen was the bell of the ball for a while but now people seem to be focusing on Barkley, Allen and Darnold. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "experts" are compromised as some have suggested.

I am happy the Browns now seem to have "football guys" that can shut out all the noise (or so I hope) and will make decisions based clear football ability as opposed to some some analytics model or on base percentage. That being said, I need them to show me.