Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-18-17, 08:27 PM
Varsity

BulldogBaseball is on a distinguished road
Ohio Longhorns Tryouts 12U-18U: Big Program News Inside

The Ohio Longhorns are excited to announce that this year we will be starting at the 12U age level. We are looking for players at ages 12U-18U for the 2018 summer season. If you have any questions please contact Aaron DeBord directly at 330-689-6470 or aaron24debord@yahoo.com I am easiest to reach by email/txt during day and by phone in the evening. The organization is also interested in bringing in entire teams at any age from 9U-13U. Please contact if interested. Tryouts dates are:

July 28th 2-4pm at Grady's Pitching School
July 30th 4pm at Stow HS
August 2nd 6pm at Grady's Pitching School
August 4th 5:15pm at Stow HS
August 5th 10am at Stow HS
August 6th 10am at Stow HS
August 12th 10am at Stow HS
Other: please contact coach DeBord

If interested please fill out the registration on our website:

https://ohiolonghornsbaseball.sportn...145.1410554289

Student-Athletes
We pride our organization on having successful student-athletes. As a program this year we have a 3.7 cumulative GPA among our high school student-athletes. Our athletes take academics seriously and we make it a priority for them to do so. Many colleges look to our program because of our constant success in having successful student-athlete. We not only want our players to go to college to play baseball, but to find a college where they can put themselves in a successful position for life after baseball.

Ohio Longhorns/Ohio Elite Showcase
This summer we are co-hosting our 2nd showcase with players from the Ohio Longhorns and Ohio Elite Organizations on July 19th. Our first showcase event for Longhorns and Ohio Elite baseball players had 48 schools and 3 major league franchises in attendance to scout our boys. The event is free to all Longhorns players and was an excellent opportunity to get in front of a large number of college scouts. Last season 11 total players from the two organizations signed with a school that saw them at this event.

Diamond League
The Longhorns just finished our 4th season as proud Diamond League Franchise members. The Diamond League is home to the best baseball in Northeast Ohio and gives our kids a chance to compete against the best players during the week close to home. The League also assists in putting our players in a position where collegiate coaches can see them at select events for its members. This season our 16U team won the Diamond League Championship and our 18U team is currently in a tie for 1st with 1 game remaining. We are proud to be members of the most respected summer baseball league in Ohio.

Coaching Staff
All Longhorns coaches are either current high school coaches or college players. Our staff is highly trained and able to put your kids in a position to get better on a daily basis by teaching them the skills and discipline necessary to compete at a higher level. The goal of our coaching staff is to take your kid to the next level as a baseball player. For some that might be making their high school team, for others it is putting them in a position to get drafted. Whatever that next step is, our staff will work diligently to help your son achieve his goals.

College Placement
Our organization prides itself in making college baseball a reality for all of our players by putting them in a position for success. Over 40 Longhorns players have gone on to play at the collegiate level over the last 3 years. While all kids have Division 1 dreams, the reality is that not all kids are Division 1 players. We explain to our players the reality of where they are as a baseball player and find a school where they can compete.

Now on to our big news!

Louisville Slugger Prime Member
The Ohio Longhorns are proud to be members of the Wilson Baseball Family. The Wilson Sporting Goods brands include DeMarini, Louisville Slugger, and EvoShield. As a member of the Wilson Baseball Family we will be powered by Louisville Slugger. This program will allow our boys preferred access to Wilson Premier Championship tournaments each summer where our boys will be able to showcase their skills in front of hundreds of schools. These events are geared towards the top programs in the country and will provide players a best in class venue for exposure and recruiting opportunities. We will also have access to product demos and direct access to all the equipment and cloth offered by Wilson, including but not limited to industry leading customization in multiple product categories. The Ohio Longhorns are one of only a handful of teams in the Midwest to be able to claim powered by Louisville Slugger status. For more information please visit: http://www.wilsonpremierbaseball.com/ or contact Coach DeBord.

Local Invite Only Tournament League
Next season the Longhorns will be participating in a new local weekend “league”. The league will essentially be a round robin event featuring some of the best teams from surrounding states. It will be invite only and will be hosted by Team Sports Tournaments. The Longhorns will be the only local team that has access to this event and will provide our boys an opportunity to put our kids in front of many schools at once without having to travel to do so.

Cost
One of the things that separate the Longhorns from other programs is our cost. Many program hide behind their club fees. Our program costs range from $700-$1100. That includes winter training, uniforms, tournaments, player showcase, etc. The only additional cost for a family is out of town travel. Why pay twice as much when you can come to the Longhorns and get everything the other programs offer and more for less money? We are here because we love the game and we love teaching the game to kids. Our team fees cover our teams cost, coach travel costs, and that alone. Our coaches are not in this for individual profits; we are all either in school and working or working full time in addition to our baseball careers. We love the game and helping players reach their potentials – that’s why we do this.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-17, 01:27 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Longhorns. One of the programs that most of the talk about appears to be positive.
Old 07-20-17, 05:04 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Good to see a program focused on the kids and the game as opposed to being a moneymaking enterprise.
Old 07-23-17, 06:41 PM
All Ohio

Airborne88 is on a distinguished road
My son played for the Longhorns all four years of his high school summer travel. Pretty unheard of. We were very happy with everything he Longhorns were about. Aaron and his staff worked extremely hard to do a great job with the kids. There was no real drama that I was aware of and the teams were really competitive. The two things that really stood out was that they worked hard to keep costs down, and they were very proactive in getting the kids exposure with colleges. I would highly recommend parents and players who are interested in high level travel ball to look into the Horns.
Old 07-23-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
DeBord definitely does it the right way. You won't find a more genuine person out there in travel baseball, and it's great that he is setting the tone and calling the shots for an entire organization.

It's good to see that Horns are fielding younger teams now. I always thought they may have missed out on a few kids by starting at 14u. If they stay true to form, there should be more happy players and parents out there.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 07-24-17 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-24-17, 08:16 AM
Freshman

Hurricanes Select 37 is on a distinguished road
Competition is Healthy and Go Longhorns

I agree fewer and fewer programs put the player first and are providing transparency. Teams in the Diamond League need to be promoting all our programs. There are more travel teams out there now than ever before and it has to be extremely confusing to a family on where to tryout, who to tryout for and what is truly best for a player short and long term.

Coach Aaron and Coach DeMarino I consider friends and we often discuss how we can better improve the experience and find ways to help our players.

I hope to compete with teams like them on the field vs. the Yappi forums.

Good luck to all teams during the craziness of tryouts.
Old 07-24-17, 10:26 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
Not all teams in the Diamond league are created equal, nor hold their programs to the same standards as a select few mentioned here. The fact is it is up to the individual organization to create the culture and reputation for success, not the league. The fact is, a few of the Diamond League organizations don't have a real positive reputation, as evident by the multitude of negative threads seen year after year here on Yappi, and other sources. When you look at all factors, the Longhorns are an organization any parent should strongly consider when searching out a travel baseball organization in which their son can grow with, not one which leaves you planning the search for a new team from year to year.
Old 07-24-17, 02:30 PM
Varsity

outsiderlookingin is on a distinguished road
Diamond League overrated

This is not to take any shots at the Diamond League but in the high school ages 15-17 the league has outlived its usefulness for players wanting to get recruited to play college ball. First the league is watered down. I'll let John and Dom in on a little secret. Some organizations are sending their B and C teams in the high school ages of 15,16 and 18. The league claims they only take the top teams from organizations, and thats not true, I know for a fact the top 16U Brownlee team not in the league, same with Lake Erie Warhawks 15 and 16u teams, ( 2 16u Mizuno Teams) and Longhorns 16U Hanna team. John and Dom try but with tournaments now starting on Wed's and ending on Sun its almost impossible to play in a league. No one wants to play on Mon after a tournament and Tues is only option unless its a travel day now. The league was good for pitchers to get work and for position guys to get AB's. Then you have organizations like Ohio Elite that skip leagues all togther. No offense but please quit using the DL to market your organization as some high end club. The proof is in the pudding on who moves players on and how many. That's what should be important to high school players with college aspirations..In NE Ohio there's 3 places, Brownlee's, Lake Erie Warhawks and Ohio elite. The numbers dont lie. I'm not saying there wont be one off teams like Release 18u team, or Ohio Select but for the most part, most of the programs advertising they are the best thing since sliced bread just dont pass the smell test. You get what you pay for. Educate yourself and the additional few hundred dollars in a player fee might come back many times over. Good luck to all when choosing a program.
Old 07-25-17, 08:33 AM
Freshman

seetheball2 is on a distinguished road
The tryout delusion or illusion you be the judge!

All these big programs have ups and downs and then you get a team in a program that has a run and it makes them relevant for a moment in time. Clubs put on their website players that are in college that may have played a season at 14 or filled in during a tournament. If you want to know who to play for just pick up the phone and ask a local college skipper. He will give you four or five local and semi-local programs. The programs (outsider looking)or better insider looking out mentioned may or may not be on that guys list. Just do your homework people and every person who posts under one of the team tryout post is either a coach, a dad or someone invested in the programs. The same ones who bash DHC or Brownlee don't like the competition and the threat. Haters are gonna hate! Release had a good team and I believe it was from another baseball program that the St. Edward Coach took over/handed. That guy will hang his hat on that team for generations to come. Buy your tickets now for the 50 year reunion. The Warhawks had a good team and now have just too many of them. Seriously, can a college coach really know which Warhawks team to watch? Longhorns had a good team that had success and now done! Longhorns are posting about the invite only leagues and big news and low costs. Check the records of all their teams. Is the Diamond League what is used to be? How can it be when some of their prized programs put their C, D or F teams in it? It shows what they think of their prized league. One day your the cats meow and the next day your looking looking at the empty parking lot hoping someone pulls up for tryouts. My boy plays on a really good team. I like the coaches and we get a lot for the money. If Midland came a knocking, we are packing our bags and liking the Michigan Maze and Blue at least for a short time.
Old 07-25-17, 10:06 AM
Varsity

not a hater at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by seetheball2 View Post
All these big programs have ups and downs and then you get a team in a program that has a run and it makes them relevant for a moment in time. Clubs put on their website players that are in college that may have played a season at 14 or filled in during a tournament. If you want to know who to play for just pick up the phone and ask a local college skipper. He will give you four or five local and semi-local programs. The programs (outsider looking)or better insider looking out mentioned may or may not be on that guys list. Just do your homework people and every person who posts under one of the team tryout post is either a coach, a dad or someone invested in the programs. The same ones who bash DHC or Brownlee don't like the competition and the threat. Haters are gonna hate! Release had a good team and I believe it was from another baseball program that the St. Edward Coach took over/handed. That guy will hang his hat on that team for generations to come. Buy your tickets now for the 50 year reunion. The Warhawks had a good team and now have just too many of them. Seriously, can a college coach really know which Warhawks team to watch? Longhorns had a good team that had success and now done! Longhorns are posting about the invite only leagues and big news and low costs. Check the records of all their teams. Is the Diamond League what is used to be? How can it be when some of their prized programs put their C, D or F teams in it? It shows what they think of their prized league. One day your the cats meow and the next day your looking looking at the empty parking lot hoping someone pulls up for tryouts. My boy plays on a really good team. I like the coaches and we get a lot for the money. If Midland came a knocking, we are packing our bags and liking the Michigan Maze and Blue at least for a short time.
time. [/FONT][/FONT][/QUOTE]

My comments were strait to the point. I'm not hating on any organization. I do want to clarify a few of see's points. He is 100% correct to check with college coaches and see who's getting the job done. I know for a fact the Ohio State recruiting coordinator will tell a parent if asked who the best person is in NE Ohio to move players and get them looks and its The Warhawks Organization head, Coach Abrahamowicz. You don't see ad's every where advertising tryouts or twitter posts like the above mentioned Releasing that he's the best at everything, Organizations like the Warhawks dont need to self promote. Players seek them out. You are so correct in how that ONE team was formed. His current 16U team came about the same way, he inherited an existing team that coincidentally had a coach who's son goes to St Eds. Politics dont play here right? As for Warhawks not having good team now, Seriously? The 16U Mizuno teams will have 5-6 D1 comitted players by Fall, they include schools like Michigan State, Nebraska, Kentucky, potentially additional schools like Michigan, University of Virginia, Ohio State, Ohio U, Cincinnati, and Youngstown State and that's before the Futures Games in a week when Warhawks will have 5 players from 2020 and 2019 classes and Brownlee's at least 3 from 2019 class. No one in NE Ohio even comes remotely close to those 2 organizations with attendee's. In no way was Brownlee's, DHC or Lonhorns trashed in any way. I happen to think Ben( Brownlee's) is doing a great job getting his guys looks. The point is do your homework and talk to coaches at the collegiate level and see who's getting it done. I'm pretty sure that no other 16u team/ organization in NE Ohio will have 5-6 D1 commits by the fall and that includes Ohio Elite North. Again not slamming them. They do a good job at getting their players exposure. You could play 100 Diamond League games and you will not get the exposure 1 weekend at Grand Park at the Midwest Prospect League will do for a player. Do your homework and find organizations that get it done and don't self promote on twitter all the time and don't have 50 year reunions already planned and invitations in the mail
Old 07-25-17, 12:09 PM
Freshman

seetheball2 is on a distinguished road
agree to disagree

[FONT="Georgia"][FONT="Georgia"]You make some good points. A few clarifications if I may... Premier Baseball Academy built that Team Mizzuno team. The team packed up their Mayflower or Mills Van Line truck in the dark of the night and went to the Warhawks. How long have the Warhawks been in travel baseball at the older ages? Not long enough to crown him as the top in the area. I also agree they do not have to promote tryouts. When you have that many teams you don't need too. We saw quite a few of those hats at our tryouts but that happens everywhere. Like I said some programs have those special teams that put them right on the map and behind them are some down years. That team you are stating may have a lot of top talent but I would guess they were on the college radar before Premier Baseball Academy and their current name. The question is which club will post their colleges on their own webpage. Time will tell. If we are both alive we can have a brew or two at Release Baseball's 50 year anniversary of the top team in Ohio history reunion. I got the first round. The beer may WREAK HAVOC on my digestive system then. NT]FONT]
Old 07-26-17, 05:44 AM
Varsity

Post removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seetheball2 View Post
[FONT="Georgia"][FONT="Georgia"]You make some good points. A few clarifications if I may... Premier Baseball Academy built that Team Mizzuno team. The team packed up their Mayflower or Mills Van Line truck in the dark of the night and went to the Warhawks. How long have the Warhawks been in travel baseball at the older ages? Not long enough to crown him as the top in the area. I also agree they do not have to promote tryouts. When you have that many teams you don't need too. We saw quite a few of those hats at our tryouts but that happens everywhere. Like I said some programs have those special teams that put them right on the map and behind them are some down years. That team you are stating may have a lot of top talent but I would guess they were on the college radar before Premier Baseball Academy and their current name. The question is which club will post their colleges on their own webpage. Time will tell. If we are both alive we can have a brew or two at Release Baseball's 50 year anniversary of the top team in Ohio history reunion. I got the first round. The beer may WREAK HAVOC on my digestive system then. NT]FONT]
See the ball you obviously wreaked havoc and had the reply removed. I'm not mad at you or Premier. Just stating the facts. Good people over there and they had nothing to do with Mizuno team other than 2 players and now 1 left. They did not create the team or bring the talent. All the players getting offers currently from some pretty good D1 programs in power 5 conferences were never part of Premier before Northern Ohio merged with Premier due to the fields in Strongsville getting sold. Lets keep the facts correct