Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-04-19, 08:02 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
See fewer and fewer flags on National holidays

Looking up and down my street on this July 4th I notice very few flags flying at my neighbors homes. I don't have a big American flag but i always put a few at the top of my driveway, on the door wreath and near my sidewalk on holidays. As a kid in W.PA everyone had a flag flying, especially on the 4th. Anyone else noticing this trend in your area?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-19, 08:15 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
In the Akron area, I don't see many people flying a flag next to their door. However, I have seen alot more flags out this year by far compared to previous years in different locations. There were so many tiny flags lining the streets or larger ones flying on mailboxes that I thought about asking the opposite of this question.

There is one short street with about 20 houses that someone planted a larger flag (probably around 3x6) on a tall pole in each yard. Really thought it looked great.
Old 07-04-19, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I have not noticed. I'm flying mine. So are the neighbors. A local painted his lawn a flag even.
Old 07-04-19, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
In the Akron area, I don't see many people flying a flag next to their door. However, I have seen alot more flags out this year by far compared to previous years in different locations. There were so many tiny flags lining the streets or larger ones flying on mailboxes that I thought about asking the opposite of this question.

There is one short street with about 20 houses that someone planted a larger flag (probably around 3x6) on a tall pole in each yard. Really thought it looked great.
Agreed. Lots of flags in NEO this year. Very patriotic. Sad to hear neighborhoods going downhill in Cincy.
Old 07-05-19, 08:20 AM
Varsity

Salad76 is an unknown quantity at this point
same as usual around here
Old 07-05-19, 09:36 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Agreed. Lots of flags in NEO this year. Very patriotic. Sad to hear neighborhoods going downhill in Cincy.
Well at least my neighborhood. Also what do you think about people still putting off fireworks 🎇 after 11 . My poor dog had 3. Hours of misery and I wanted to sleep.
Old 07-05-19, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Well at least my neighborhood. Also what do you think about people still putting off fireworks 🎇 after 11 . My poor dog had 3. Hours of misery and I wanted to sleep.
Personally, my view is itís a free country and if you want to light off fireworks or explosives, thatís your prerogative.

However, seen a lot of people, both old-timers and millennials complaining about how it effects their dogs so Iíd expect the communists to try and crack down on our freedom to blow things up very soon.
Old 07-05-19, 10:29 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Last night was the most fireworks I have heard. Definitely bothered our dog. I didn't mind it because it was good to see so many people participating.
Old 07-05-19, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
East Toledo sounds like Fallujah for about two straight weeks with the 4th being the pinnacle. Is what it is.
Old 07-05-19, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I fly the flag 365 days a year.
Old 07-05-19, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
East Toledo sounds like Fallujah for about two straight weeks with the 4th being the pinnacle. Is what it is.
My spot used to be the toppest of the High Level. Great place to see the city's fireworks and the 360 view of the city as all the neighborhood shows go off. That whole bridge is lined now, people bring picnics. Stuffy downtowners best keep to their lane or they'll get tossed. That's for Eastside and south side.

Been on a buddy's boat for a few of the fireworks. He'd anchor about as under the fireworks as you could. Noise and light bouncing off the glass high rises and the trip back down river to the bay? Between the north end and Eastside banks it can be like a tunnel of fire works.

DC was cool because it's DC but Toledo puts on a show with anyone because they're so accessible.
Old 07-09-19, 03:39 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
I was visiting my son in San Pedro, CA last week and was surprised and pleased to see lots of US flags flying.
Old 07-09-19, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I thought east Toledo was always Fallujah
Old 07-10-19, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
To me it just shows the type of area you live in.

They are as much, or more, than ever where I live.
Old 07-10-19, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Well at least my neighborhood. Also what do you think about people still putting off fireworks �� after 11 . My poor dog had 3. Hours of misery and I wanted to sleep.
Yawn.

Get over it.

It is Independence Day.

We had to be up at 0500 the day after and yeah you lose some sleep but you just suck it up and move on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: