Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-10-19, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
After the return from Florida, I resumed play at Sleepy, in Alliance.

I made a trip to Chagrin Falls to play Tanglewood. The course was in pretty good shape and 17 affords quite a view. Yes, I put the ball on the road after a straight pull.

Male 11's and I played The Quarry in East Canton, yesterday. It was still a bit wet and some of the holes were cart path only. BUT, what a fun course to play!
Old 07-10-19, 07:52 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
After the return from Florida, I resumed play at Sleepy, in Alliance.

I made a trip to Chagrin Falls to play Tanglewood. The course was in pretty good shape and 17 affords quite a view. Yes, I put the ball on the road after a straight pull.

Male 11's and I played The Quarry in East Canton, yesterday. It was still a bit wet and some of the holes were cart path only. BUT, what a fun course to play!
Played the The Quarry about a month ago when it was all cart path only. Wonderful course but it was exhausting!

Finally put together a decent round in the league last night. 38 with bogeys on the last two holes.
Old 07-12-19, 08:58 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
I've been back a Sleepy this past week and will be playing Mill Creek North, in Canfield, tomorrow morning.
Old 07-14-19, 05:47 AM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
Had a great time yesterday with 1’s and Mots. I think 1’s missed one fairway all day and I never saw Mots hit the t-ball that well all day long. But the best part was having two good friends play at the course I grew up on. The North course has a couple of cart path only holes, but it’s finally starting to dry out.
Old 07-14-19, 06:31 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
It's not recreational golf, but I headed out to Firestone for the Senior PGA Players Championship today. In my nearly 50 years of going to Firestone (I went even as a little kid) it was the worst attendance I've ever seen. I would guess it was about a fifth of the usual Sunday attendance for the regular pros. Beautiful course, accessible golfers and decent golf, but people apparently don't want to watch the minor leagues after seeing top notch gold for so many years.

One of the amusing parts of the day was John Daly. He cruised up by me in his cart and in the cup holders was a can of Coke and a Burger King cup.
Old 07-14-19, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It's not recreational golf, but I headed out to Firestone for the Senior PGA Players Championship today. In my nearly 50 years of going to Firestone (I went even as a little kid) it was the worst attendance I've ever seen. I would guess it was about a fifth of the usual Sunday attendance for the regular pros. Beautiful course, accessible golfers and decent golf, but people apparently don't want to watch the minor leagues after seeing top notch gold for so many years.

One of the amusing parts of the day was John Daly. He cruised up by me in his cart and in the cup holders was a can of Coke and a Burger King cup.
Mickelson is only about 11 months away from 50. Average golf fans are sheep and might be more likely to show up to see a guy like him play at Firestone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: