Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-09-18, 09:04 PM
All District

Kirtland4580 is on a distinguished road
D-VI Region 21 Final: #2 Kirtland vs. #1 Mogadore

A rematch from last yearís regional semifinal. This has the makings of a great game. Look forward to a hard-fought game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-18, 09:06 PM
Varsity

cinco is on a distinguished road
This Kirtland team is ridiculously talented. Mogadore is a solid team and will be lucky to stay within two scores.
Old 11-09-18, 09:12 PM
Junior Varsity

WalshU33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco View Post
This Kirtland team is ridiculously talented. Mogadore is a solid team and will be lucky to stay within two scores.
I would say that Kirtland -14 is a fair spread in this matchup. Mogadore is good enough to capitilze on some mistakes if Kirtland is kind and makes some.
Old 11-09-18, 09:15 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
If Mogadore tackles like they did tonight (no wrapping) they will lose by 3 scores or more. If they can cure the tackling problems in a week and use their passing game like last year it can be a barn burner like last year was.
Old 11-09-18, 09:39 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Wow, wish Mogadore was back in D7. Think they would be playing in a state title game. Kirtland one of the biggest D6 enrollment. They are a machine. Good luck Wildcats.
Old 11-09-18, 09:56 PM
All Region

Bluestreak1980 is on a distinguished road
I think jmog is correct. You gotta wrap up and out physical Kirtland to have any chance. Mogadore is a great team but Kirtland is just on another level. I’ll take the Hornets by at least 3 td’s.
Old 11-09-18, 10:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak1980 View Post
I think jmog is correct. You gotta wrap up and out physical Kirtland to have any chance. Mogadore is a great team but Kirtland is just on another level. Iíll take the Hornets by at least 3 tdís.

Like Mogadore these past couple years, the Hornets have the ability to throw the ball around if they need to this year. This is the first time in the LaVerde era that he has a quarterback that can throw the ball well and read the field quick. Usually weíve had one or the other, weíre lucky this year with both. Not saying the kidís an all-star, but heís been impressive and very serviceable in the Hornet offense this year. So itís going to take more than wrapping up the running game to take down the Hornets. I think the Moggy D has a chance to do it, they almost did last year.

Old 11-09-18, 10:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
Like Mogadore these past couple years, the Hornets have the ability to throw the ball around if they need to this year. This is the first time in the LaVerde era that he has a quarterback that can throw the ball well and read the field quick. Usually weíve had one or the other, weíre lucky this year with both. Not saying the kidís an all-star, but heís been impressive and very serviceable in the Hornet offense this year. So itís going to take more than wrapping up the running game to take down the Hornets. I think the Moggy D has a chance to do it, they almost did last year.

If it wasnít for that fumble inside the 5.....😟
Old 11-09-18, 10:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
If it wasnít for that fumble inside the 5.....

I know. That had to hurt. Hope that kid was an underclassman at the time. Might have a chance to redeem himself this week.

Old 11-09-18, 10:32 PM
All World

Quote:
I know. That had to hurt. Hope that kid was an underclassman at the time. Might have a chance to redeem himself this week.

He was. He is back. Only a junior last year. Great kid. Took 2nd/silver in track hurdles at the state meet in the Spring. Mogadore’s biggest advantage over Kirtland is having 3 WRs (including him) that are over 6’2”, fast, and can catch.

If I counted right, Mogadore only had 3 incompletions tonight with it being a little wet and some snow. And 2 of those were tipped at the line. I don’t know the QBs stat line but it was good, probably close to 300 yards on not that many passes (maybe 20ish) and 2 TDs no INTs.
Old 11-09-18, 10:35 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Good luck to both teams! I actually think this could be a really good game if there’s good weather and Mogadore has the opportunity to open it up a bit, they got big and fast receivers. Kirtland is the favorite but Mogadore won’t roll over
Old 11-09-18, 11:25 PM
Freshman

ff2361 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Whereís this being played? Twinsburg
Old 11-09-18, 11:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff2361 View Post
Whereís this being played? Twinsburg

They played at Solon last year. I assume itíll be at either of those places.

Old 11-09-18, 11:32 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Could be the de facto title game.

The MAC teams remaining couldn't touch the previous ones that have beaten Kirtland in the past.

As a matter of fact, I can see Fairview coming from the western part of the state as the finals rep
Old 11-09-18, 11:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Could be the de facto title game.

The MAC teams remaining couldn't touch the previous ones that have beaten Kirtland in the past.

As a matter of fact, I can see Fairview coming from the western part of the state as the finals rep

I saw region 22 had a lot of action tonight. Iíve heard a lot of people downplaying the MAC this year and glamouring over Kirtland. I agree in that it sounds like the MAC powerhouses arenít as dominant as past years, but Iím not going to start glamouring over Kirtland unless I see them wipe the floor with Moggy which I think is VERY unlikely.

Old 11-10-18, 05:05 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Until somebody even slows down the punishing Kirtland running game - I'm rolling with the Hornets. They were my pre season pick and have done nothing to prove me wrong. This squad is not only talented - they make very few mistakes and are extremely well coached.
Old 11-10-18, 01:19 PM
All District

I thought I saw somewhere that Mogadore was getting turf and a rebuilt field house. If thatís true, thatís awesome. All Kirtlandís had is a small weight room addition a couple years ago. I donít see us getting turf anytime soon and we donít have the room for a field house.

Old 11-10-18, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought I saw somewhere that Mogadore was getting turf and a rebuilt field house. If thatís true, thatís awesome. All Kirtlandís had is a small weight room addition a couple years ago. I donít see us getting turf anytime soon and we donít have the room for a field house.

The great achievements you have had and you cant get a new playing surface? Man that is pretty sad..I guess that is the state of HS football popularity.
Old 11-10-18, 01:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
The great achievements you have had and you cant get a new playing surface? Man that is pretty sad..I guess that is the state of HS football popularity.

Yeah itís strange. Iím not sure if itís that Tiger just simply doesnít want turf or if thereís no donor thatís willing to pay for new turf. There hasnít really been a conflict I know of over potential turf.

Anybody know how Mogadore is paying for their new turf/field house?

Old 11-10-18, 03:16 PM
All World

Quote:

Yes all that is true. The Fieldhouse is being paid for by insurance since the old one burnt down late last spring.

I am not 100% on how the rest is getting funded.
Old 11-10-18, 03:23 PM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Turf for Riverside, Eastlake North, and Willoughby South was funded mostly by Lake Health. I canít imagine they wouldnít do the same for Kirtland, especially with the publicity you get for the success of your football and soccer programs.
Old 11-10-18, 03:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post
Turf for Riverside, Eastlake North, and Willoughby South was funded mostly by Lake Health. I canít imagine they wouldnít do the same for Kirtland, especially with the publicity you get for the success of your football and soccer programs.

I guess. Kind of funny how the Lake Health logo gets spray painted on the grass week 1 and by week 5 or 6, itís like it wasnít even there in the first place.
Iím unsure how big Mogadoreís stadium is, but stadium size could play some kind of role. Kirtlandís stadium is VERY small when compared to a South, Riverside, or North. Although I donít know why that would hinder putting turf on a field.

Old 11-10-18, 03:35 PM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guess. Kind of funny how the Lake Health logo gets spray painted on the grass week 1 and by week 5 or 6, itís like it wasnít even there in the first place.
Iím unsure how big Mogadoreís stadium is, but stadium size could play some kind of role. Kirtlandís stadium is VERY small when compared to a South, Riverside, or North. Although I donít know why that would hinder putting turf on a field.

I donít think stadium size would impact a decision to put in turf. West Geaugaís stadium is fairly small and they put in turf.
Old 11-10-18, 03:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post
I donít think stadium size would impact a decision to put in turf. West Geaugaís stadium is fairly small and they put in turf.

Kirtlandís stadium is also twice as small as West Gís in my opinion. But yeah, size shouldnít make any difference. Must just be a school decision.

Old 11-10-18, 03:59 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Maybe the lack of width they can get at the facility because of the way the track/stands is set on one of the sides reduces the justification for turf.

The soccer teams don't want to play on the stadium field because they can't get adequate width.

If you're not going to be multi-purpose and are too small to get playoff games, where's the cost justification for putting down an artificial surface.
Old 11-10-18, 04:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Maybe the lack of width they can get at the facility because of the way the track/stands is set on one of the sides reduces the justification for turf.

The soccer teams don't want to play on the stadium field because they can't get adequate width.

If you're not going to be multi-purpose and are too small to get playoff games, where's the cost justification for putting down an artificial surface.

THAT might be it! Kirtlandís away stands are between the sideline and the track whilst the home stands are behind both the sideline and track. That would also explain why our soccer teams also play back in the rec park behind the school instead of on the football field.

Old 11-10-18, 04:01 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah itís strange. Iím not sure if itís that Tiger just simply doesnít want turf or if thereís no donor thatís willing to pay for new turf. There hasnít really been a conflict I know of over potential turf.

Anybody know how Mogadore is paying for their new turf/field house?

Given the Hornets style of play, I donít think Tiger is probably too eager to be laying down field turf. Now I doubt heíd be against it, but come week 11 thatís a huge advantage.
Old 11-10-18, 04:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Given the Hornets style of play, I donít think Tiger is probably too eager to be laying down field turf. Now I doubt heíd be against it, but come week 11 thatís a huge advantage.

I agree. The Hornetsí style of play is better on either one IMO. Theyíre fast, but powerful. They love mud games but played on turf week 11 because some players got hurt within the first few plays of practice. Nevertheless I think Tigerís pretty indifferent toward what surface we play on. Having turf after week 11 is always something the players look forward to.

Old 11-10-18, 09:32 PM
All World

Two of Mogadore’s wins are playing tonight.

Meadowbrook advances to the D5 regional finals with a 50-25 win.

Elyria Catholic who beat MAC co-champ Anna last week is in a back and forth dog fight with D5 AP Poll #1 Genoa right now. Edit:EC just lost because they missed their last XP.

Mogadore had a close comeback win against Meadowbrook and they destroyed EC.
Old 11-10-18, 09:44 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
Two of Mogadore’s wins are playing tonight.

Meadowbrook advances to the D5 regional finals with a 50-25 win.

Elyria Catholic who beat MAC co-champ Anna last week is in a back and forth dog fight with D5 AP Poll #1 Genoa right now. Edit:EC just lost because they missed their last XP.

Mogadore had a close comeback win against Meadowbrook and they destroyed EC.
Do not get excited about Moggy beating EC who def. Anna. The MAC is way way down this season ( ie Marion Local and esp. Coldwater are not nearly what they have been the last 5 years).