Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-13-18, 01:28 PM
All District

Deep is on a distinguished road
Don't know much about this game. Who won last year's regional game between these two? I feel that it will be a great game though. Hard fought, smash mouth football.
Old 11-13-18, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Don't know much about this game. Who won last year's regional game between these two? I feel that it will be a great game though. Hard fought, smash mouth football.
Was week 12 last year, and Kirtland won 34-28
Old 11-13-18, 02:36 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Was week 12 last year, and Kirtland won 34-28
Was a back and forth game. Mogadore jumped out in the 1st half to a lead. Kirtland retook the lead in the 3Q and pulled ahead by 2 (maybe 3, can't remember) scores only to watch Mogadore come back.

Mogadore was driving to take the lead inside of 3 min(?) to play and fumbled inside Kirtland's 5 yard line.

It really was a toss up game that went back and forth all night last year.
Old 11-13-18, 03:53 PM
#BleedBlack&Gold

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
Oh my gosh! I would LOVE that!! In my opinion, I think Tiger would love a game or two like that every year. Part of the problem I think is that if a team like Lake Catholic or Chardon or SVSM schedules us and loses, then it hurts their playoff chances. And if they beat us, it gives them a lot less first-level points than if they played a bad D-II team. I’m not sure if that’s the case; and I can even be totally wrong. But yes, as a fan and most certainly as a player, I’d look forward to a big non conference game every year. I’ve heard rumors that Kirtland’s scheduling Riverside next year, a team that made it to the second round of the D-II playoffs before bowing out to Maple Heights. Not sure if that’s 100% true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As of now, Kirtland at Riverside for week 2. Just flip the drop down to 2019-2020 to see future season schedules.

http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/4172208
Old 11-13-18, 06:23 PM
Junior Varsity

division6fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak1980 View Post
Best Wings in Town! I sometimes stop by when Iím out that way on Thursdayís for jumbo wing night.
You are correct, the wings are extraordinary. Who is joining me tonight? Please at least RSVP either way so me and coach know what size table to get.
Old 11-13-18, 06:24 PM
Junior Varsity

division6fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
DEEP, no doubt it was. You know why? SMALL SCHOOL FOOTBALL! Nothing like it. Not airing it out every play. This is going to be a fun one. Stop up tonight!
Old 11-14-18, 12:07 AM
Freshman

ohiofan30 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
Was a back and forth game. Mogadore jumped out in the 1st half to a lead. Kirtland retook the lead in the 3Q and pulled ahead by 2 (maybe 3, can't remember) scores only to watch Mogadore come back.

Mogadore was driving to take the lead inside of 3 min(?) to play and fumbled inside Kirtland's 5 yard line.

It really was a toss up game that went back and forth all night last year.
The only difference is we are way better this year than we were last year. We have a chance to beat Kirtland and I don't think they are ready.
Old 11-14-18, 01:45 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
How the field house is being paid for at Mogadore. The garbage truck that was picking up the dumpster hit the power line and the hot line landed on the roof. Mogadores fire department was there in less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately they couldn't do anything until Ohio Edison come to kill the power. Ohio Edison couldn't arrive for 45/50 minutes and the building was fully engulfed by then. So the garbage company insurance is paying for the building. I was told the turf cost is being covered by an anomous doner, or doners. I'm guessing that it is the same doner that offered a few years back. The superintendent wanted to hold off till a levy was passed so there was absolutely no school money used for the turf. At least that's what we're hearing. And from a pretty reliable source.
Old 11-14-18, 06:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofan30 View Post
The only difference is we are way better this year than we were last year. We have a chance to beat Kirtland and I don't think they are ready.
I hope you are right, but not sure we are WAY better.
Old 11-14-18, 06:48 AM
Junior Varsity

WalshU33 is on a distinguished road
And I’m sure that Kirtland is better as well. I can assure you that Kirtland isn’t overlooking Mogadore, because the game was so close last year. My head is telling me that Mogadore will have to play an A plus near flawless game to pull the upset. But it’s definitely possible. Mogadore is a very solid football team.
Old 11-14-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Just by looking at the scores it appears that Kirtland has really turned up the heat on the defensive side of the ball this season.
Old 11-14-18, 11:10 AM
All District

CatFan14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm a fan ... and I will be there Friday cheering like always ... but I have watched Mogadore football for more than 40 years and this team is not "way better". The defense has gotten better over the course of the season, but they are still suspect. And ... make no mistake ... Kirtland IS ready. I notice that this person is a new poster and probably a teen ... maybe even a player ... so I'll cut them some slack. But, whoever you are ... please be careful about giving anyone in Kirtland any "extra incentive". Go Cats!
Old 11-14-18, 11:16 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFan14 View Post
I'm a fan ... and I will be there Friday cheering like always ... but I have watched Mogadore football for more than 40 years and this team is not "way better". The defense has gotten better over the course of the season, but they are still suspect. And ... make no mistake ... Kirtland IS ready. I notice that this person is a new poster and probably a teen ... maybe even a player ... so I'll cut them some slack. But, whoever you are ... please be careful about giving anyone in Kirtland any "extra incentive". Go Cats!
Agree with everything said in this comment.
Old 11-14-18, 11:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Probably right.
Kirtland is likely looking ahead a couple of weeks to face Marion Local.
Old 11-14-18, 12:04 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFan14 View Post
For one, I am not a teenager and I am not a player. I graduated about 6 years ago and this is a great team. Says a lot when the people from our own town are not as hopeful as they should be.
Old 11-14-18, 12:11 PM
Freshman

I am only posting because I know that every time we play Kirtland, even back when I was in HS, everyone gave up on us right off the bat. I truly don't think we will have to play a "near perfect" game to win, there is no such thing. But, I have a feeling on Friday night after this game I will be able to say I was right.

Secondly, there is word going around that their AD messaged our AD or coaches, not sure which one and said we played "nasty" last year and that we need to stop doing so. I have never heard Mogadore football portrayed as nasty and I also heard last week how classy our team was with McDonald.
Old 11-14-18, 12:11 PM
All World

Quote:
For one, I am not a teenager and I am not a player. I graduated about 6 years ago and this is a great team. Says a lot when the people from our own town are not as hopeful as they should be.
Hopeful and boastful are two different things. Everyone is hopeful, the rest of us just aren't boasting and claiming that Kirtland won't be ready. You should be able to see the difference.
Old 11-14-18, 12:14 PM
All District

Kirtland4580 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am only posting because I know that every time we play Kirtland, even back when I was in HS, everyone gave up on us right off the bat. I truly don't think we will have to play a "near perfect" game to win, there is no such thing. But, I have a feeling on Friday night after this game I will be able to say I was right.

Secondly, there is word going around that their AD messaged our AD or coaches, not sure which one and said we played "nasty" last year and that we need to stop doing so. I have never heard Mogadore football portrayed as nasty and I also heard last week how classy our team was with McDonald.

I think I know what the ADs weíre talking about. I heard from some Kirtland folks last year that players were complaining of their eyes being jabbed after the play by some Mogadore players. Not sure if itís 100% true, but I truly do believe Mogadore is a classy team. Kirtland certainly respects them as a football program and theyíve been creating their own dynasty longer than Kirtland has.

Old 11-14-18, 12:57 PM
All World

Quote:

We have only played Kirtland twice, this will be the 3rd. It's not like we have a long history with them as your post is portraying.
Old 11-14-18, 12:59 PM
All World

Quote:
I think I know what the ADs we’re talking about. I heard from some Kirtland folks last year that players were complaining of their eyes being jabbed after the play by some Mogadore players. Not sure if it’s 100% true, but I truly do believe Mogadore is a classy team. Kirtland certainly respects them as a football program and they’ve been creating their own dynasty longer than Kirtland has.

I can't say for sure about last year, but I know a guy that lived in Dalton who we played a couple times in the 90s in the playoffs. He tried to tell me that Mogadore "sharpens their belt buckles to slice tacklers fingers/hands".

I laughed at him and said "come on, I played in one of those 2 games against Dalton, no on shaved down/sharpened their belt buckles, they are double "D" rings anyway, not a real way to sharpen that."

Sometimes one case where a kid gets his hand cut in a game turns into "the whole team sharpened their belt buckles to slice our HANDS!!!"

I am sure that last year was a case where either 1 kid did something stupid or even there was an accident in a pile and the story got added to.
Old 11-14-18, 01:06 PM
Freshman

I think both schools are amazing powerhouses. I’m just excited to see the Wildcats this year especially after what happened to them last year during the Kirtland game.
Old 11-14-18, 02:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:

I have been around a lot of football both high school and college so Iím going to let you in on a secret. Itís never wise to give the opponent any reason to have an edge. You want your opponent as comfortable as possible heading into a game. Then on game day you let your play do the talking. And itís always fun to mix in some friendly and respectful trash talking during the game, just enough to let your opponent know itís going to be a long night. But there is a line that shouldnít be crossed.

My point being that there is nothing positive that can come from talk leading up to the game. Everything takes care of itself. So itís always wise to complement and be respectful of your opponent.
Old 11-14-18, 04:37 PM
All Region

mogadore is on a distinguished road
Kirtland all-time-won-lost -ties

Anyone know KIRTLAND ALL-TIME WON -LOST- TIES
THANK YOU
Old 11-14-18, 05:06 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogadore View Post

THANK YOU

2018: 12-0*
2017: 14-1 State runners-up
2016: 11-2 Regional runners-up
2015: 14-1 D-VI State Champions
2014: 14-1 D-VI State runners-up
2013: 15-0 D-VI State Champions
2012: 14-1 D-V State runners-up
2011: 15-0 D-V State Champions
2010: 12-1 Regional runners-up
2009: 7-3^ DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2008: 12-1 Regional runners-up
2007: 8-3 Lost in first round
2006: 8-3 Lost in first round

2005: 4-6 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2004: 7-3 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2003: 4-6 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2002: 5-5 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2001: 1-9 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2000: 4-6 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS

The Hornets are 156-17 with Tiger at the helm. Still absolutely blows my mind. Since 2000, they are 181-50. Iím sure Mogadore has a better winning percentage since 2000 and overall. We werenít very good before Ď06.

Old 11-14-18, 05:20 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogadore View Post

THANK YOU

I guess I didnít really answer your question for all-time record. But I found the records since 2000 on Joe Eitel.
Looks like Mogadoreís 203-41 since 2000 with a .832 winning percentage. AND theyíve made the playoffs every year since 2000. Does anyone know the last time Mogadoreís missed the playoffs? Thatís incredible!

Old 11-14-18, 05:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I guess I didnít really answer your question for all-time record. But I found the records since 2000 on Joe Eitel.
Looks like Mogadoreís 203-41 since 2000 with a .832 winning percentage. AND theyíve made the playoffs every year since 2000. Does anyone know the last time Mogadoreís missed the playoffs? Thatís incredible!

They have made it every year since the expansion to 8 teams per region in 1999. 1998 we won the league championship but didnít qualify for the postseason. Finished 5th in the region I believe.
Old 11-14-18, 05:58 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody thinking Kirtland is looking ahead will be disappointed. They respect all opponents and are fully aware of how good Mogadore is. They will bring their A game you can assure that. The Kirtland secondary and linebackers are very fast. I will take the Hornet running game and secondary over Mogadore's passing attack and defense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 11-14-18, 06:15 PM
All World

Mogadore’s playoff history

http://www.mogadorefootball.com/playoffhistory.html
Old 11-15-18, 11:24 AM
All District

CatFan14 is on a distinguished road
And all-time, Mogadore is currently 673-277-22.
Old 11-15-18, 11:26 AM
Junior Varsity

pkrplyr is on a distinguished road
Give me Kirtland here in a nail-bitter. This is going to be a war.