Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-08-18, 07:41 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
2018 NE All Lakes Ohio : http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...r-2018-season/

FWIW Kirtland had 11 players who made 1st team including 3 on the D - Line.

Sorry if this was already posted.
Old 11-08-18, 08:40 PM
All District

Kirtland4580 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
2018 NE All Lakes Ohio : http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...r-2018-season/

FWIW Kirtland had 11 players who made 1st team including 3 on the D - Line.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Hasn’t been posted yet, thanks! Considering it only counts NEO D-VI teams, I’m still surprised 11 kids were part of 1st team. That number will definitely shrink to about 3-5 players when the All-State teams come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-18, 10:17 AM
All District

Currently snowing in Kirtland, not sure if there’ll be any on the turf in Strongsville tonight. Regardless of the weather, just going to throw a prediction out there...Kirtland wins 38-17. Close first half, Hornets pull away in the second half. Norwayne plays them tough all four quarters and puts up the first double-digit score on the Hornets all year. Good luck to both teams tonight, and Go Hornets!

P.S. Good luck to the Lady Hornets soccer team playing in the D-III state title game this afternoon @ 1 in Columbus.

Old 11-09-18, 12:23 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I made some comments early in the year about how good this years Kirtland squad was. This will be the first week to really prove it. People have to realize that Kirtland has only played some of their good players 4 quarters maybe once all year. Granted some of the teams they have played were grossly overmatched- but this squad is really good. The running attack on offense has yet to be stopped or even slowed down. I expect the Hornets to roll. I'm looking forward to reading the post game comments from this match up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 11-09-18, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Wildcat97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
Currently snowing in Kirtland, not sure if there’ll be any on the turf in Strongsville tonight. Regardless of the weather, just going to throw a prediction out there...Kirtland wins 38-17. Close first half, Hornets pull away in the second half. Norwayne plays them tough all four quarters and puts up the first double-digit score on the Hornets all year. Good luck to both teams tonight, and Go Hornets!

P.S. Good luck to the Lady Hornets soccer team playing in the D-III state title game this afternoon @ 1 in Columbus.

The snow has all melted in Strongsville. Should be a pretty dry field
Old 11-09-18, 04:52 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Hey D6 fans.......the OHSAA ought spare all the fans from schools other than Kirtland and Marion Local the money, the heartache, and the time, by sending them both to Canton and skipping rounds 2, 3 and 4. If you’re reading this, then you know it and I know it that these two teams will be there. A good analogy (using only 1 team) would be this years Alabama team and the other 124 D1 or 65 Power conference teams. The real excitement and the real fun happens when these two teams get on the field with their contrasting styles. I would love to see that one....and probably will.
Old 11-09-18, 05:36 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Hey D6 fans.......the OHSAA ought spare all the fans from schools other than Kirtland and Marion Local the money, the heartache, and the time, by sending them both to Canton and skipping rounds 2, 3 and 4. If you’re reading this, then you know it and I know it that these two teams will be there. A good analogy (using only 1 team) would be this years Alabama team and the other 124 D1 or 65 Power conference teams. The real excitement and the real fun happens when these two teams get on the field with their contrasting styles. I would love to see that one....and probably will.
I agree about Kirtland, but Marion Local will be fortunate to get out of R - 24.
Old 11-09-18, 07:59 PM
All District

14-0 Kirtland at half. Lots of mistakes on both sides. Two of Kirtland’s linemen also went down with injuries. Unsure of severity. Norwayne offense looks good just has to stop with the bad snaps. Kirtland looks good but they’re not winning the LOS on defense. Should be a good second half!

Old 11-09-18, 09:00 PM
All District

Hornets win 35-0. I’ll have my observations in a little bit. Looks like the Hornets will play Mogadore.

Old 11-09-18, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Honestly I'm not surprised. Great season, Norwayne!
Old 11-09-18, 09:13 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I agree about Kirtland, but Marion Local will be fortunate to get out of R - 24.
You might be right. But ask yourself, do you see them losing twice to same team (Coldwater)
Old 11-09-18, 09:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
Hornets win 35-0. I’ll have my observations in a little bit. Looks like the Hornets will play Mogadore.

So at the half, the score was 14-0. Norwayne’s defense let up some yardage that resulted in 2 TDs. Kirtland’s D was alright, but Norwayne was clearly winning the line of scrimmage in my opinion. They shot themselves in the foot with several bad snaps that eventually became drive-killers.
In the second half, Kirtland really ran away with it with their smashmouth offense and a throw or two. Norwayne’s offense was shut down in the second half except for the last drive where they got a couple completions. Overall, the Hornets played a cleaner game with fewer mistakes. But I noticed Norwayne has a fantastic play-caller in their coach! Double routes, wrap-around draws, and RPO’s definitely kept the Hornets D on their toes. Norwayne’s got some big and good sophomores and juniors. I think we might see them again next year.

Again, I think the final score wasn’t a perfect description of the game because Norwayne shot themselves in the foot with several bad snaps and a three yard punt that gave the Hornets first and goal. Great, hard-fought game by both sides. I’m sure the Hornets will be sore in film tomorrow. Congrats on a great season Bobcats!

Old 11-09-18, 10:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
You might be right. But ask yourself, do you see them losing twice to same team (Coldwater)
Yes I could see ML losing to Coldwater again.