Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-13-19, 10:40 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
If it's the spreadsheet I stumbled across from ECNL last week, I don't know that it's accurate. I know that two OE 19's weren't committed at the time of that report and that one still isn't yet.

It also showed that that OP had several D1 commits on their composit team. I'd like to know if any club has an actual recruiting coordinator.

This is a subject that fascinates me because I think it could be done so much better with no cost to the club and little cost to the parents. We played in Buffalo last year and the game was recorded (By WNY Flash I Presume) and we were able to download the video (Free) from a link.

These are thoughts I don't have the answer to but... Why can't clubs livestream games like they do HS games? Would it help if a coach could watch a game from their office. Would that create more exposure? What about keeping metrics? Example: Helping players to filter prospective schools. State U meets your academic needs but the coach preferrs 5'10" or taller CB's.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 02-13-19, 11:06 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Lacrosse clubs have recruiting coordinators, but soccer does not. Instead they provide a 'great' player profile storage site that college coaches NEVER use because they don't have to- they have thousands of club players contacting THEM every single day. At ECNL national events, they have companies there filming games for families to BUY, and i'm sure ECNL gets a kick back since its usually the same exact company filming everywhere. Big corp crap per usual.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-13-19, 01:03 PM
belied dat belied dat is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 481
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
If it's the spreadsheet I stumbled across from ECNL last week, I don't know that it's accurate. I know that two OE 19's weren't committed at the time of that report and that one still isn't yet.
OE's is right. There may be someone uncommitted, but 100% have received offers. That's exactly what jed reported (that ECNL reported).

The uncommitted is also * too. Commitments happened, then decommitments happened.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-13-19, 05:31 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
OE's is right. There may be someone uncommitted, but 100% have received offers. That's exactly what jed reported (that ECNL reported).

The uncommitted is also * too. Commitments happened, then decommitments happened.
MT is the de/re-commit, PV and AK weren't mentioned and I don't believe had financial offers at the time of the article.

I'm not proposing that the doc is intentionally misleading, just that may not be consistent in that some clubs may have reported their commits and some their entire roster.

I do believe that all will commit D1 with the exception of the talented keeper who chose her school based on academics and her major.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-13-19, 06:59 PM
bad1005 bad1005 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-18-18
Posts: 1
bad1005 is on a distinguished road
PV just committed. Not sure about AK.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-14-19, 08:39 AM
5x26 5x26 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 111
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
MT is the de/re-commit, PV and AK weren't mentioned and I don't believe had financial offers at the time of the article.

I'm not proposing that the doc is intentionally misleading, just that may not be consistent in that some clubs may have reported their commits and some their entire roster.

I do believe that all will commit D1 with the exception of the talented keeper who chose her school based on academics and her major.
I'm assuming and hoping it was a fairly easy switch with MT since Nate and Matt are good friends.

Good for PV! I've enjoyed watching her play the last couple years. Her dad will have a nice drive to watch her however.....
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-14-19, 10:59 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,916
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Just playing Devil's Advocate here,

but all of this to most likely play at a D2 or D3 school with gigantic tuition rates?

Aren't a lot of them just trading one soccer club for a far more expensive one?

I put this on here because I've heard this from several HS coaches that are not fans of how the current system uses families and student athletes.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-14-19, 11:10 AM
belied dat belied dat is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 481
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
MT is the de/re-commit, PV and AK weren't mentioned and I don't believe had financial offers at the time of the article.

I'm not proposing that the doc is intentionally misleading, just that may not be consistent in that some clubs may have reported their commits and some their entire roster.
Why must there be moving the goalposts?

No one said "financial offers." The post said "each ECNL team in the 2019 recruiting class that received a scholarship offer for either D1, D2, D3 or NAIA..."

I simply stated that while there were some that were still uncommitted/decommits, ALL (100%) have received offers. That is a fact. Nothing was misleading. jed's post was correct on the OE side, cannot verify any other club.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-14-19, 12:25 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,812
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
If it's the spreadsheet I stumbled across from ECNL last week, I don't know that it's accurate. I know that two OE 19's weren't committed at the time of that report and that one still isn't yet.

It also showed that that OP had several D1 commits on their composit team. I'd like to know if any club has an actual recruiting coordinator.

This is a subject that fascinates me because I think it could be done so much better with no cost to the club and little cost to the parents. We played in Buffalo last year and the game was recorded (By WNY Flash I Presume) and we were able to download the video (Free) from a link.

These are thoughts I don't have the answer to but... Why can't clubs livestream games like they do HS games? Would it help if a coach could watch a game from their office. Would that create more exposure? What about keeping metrics? Example: Helping players to filter prospective schools. State U meets your academic needs but the coach preferrs 5'10" or taller CB's.
Not sure what the girls DA rules are, but for the boys DA all games must be recorded by the home team and shared. It's used for game study between coaches and players, and also scouting and recruiting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-14-19, 12:45 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
Why must there be moving the goalposts?

No one said "financial offers." The post said "each ECNL team in the 2019 recruiting class that received a scholarship offer for either D1, D2, D3 or NAIA..."

I simply stated that while there were some that were still uncommitted/decommits, ALL (100%) have received offers. That is a fact. Nothing was misleading. jed's post was correct on the OE side, cannot verify any other club.
Don't get Butt hurt BD. I think you're misrepresenting my post. Jed pointed out that 100% of OE kids had offers, presumably based on the article provided by the ECNL as opposed to personal experience (I Could be wrong), BUT he compared OE's kids with offers to the uncommitted players from OP and Internationals.

I was merely pointing out that it was an apples to oranges comparison based on the article, BECAUSE, Again, the article left out two uncommitted OE players. I didn't say the article was misleading, I pointed out the inadequacy of the data. By the way, do you know what offers PV and AK had?

Lastly, I wasn't trying to place one type of offer above the other. Some girls get better in-state walk-on offers than athletic out-of-state offers.

Here's the link to the ECNL article, which contains the link to the spreadsheet.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....class-of-2019/
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-14-19, 12:51 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Not sure what the girls DA rules are, but for the boys DA all games must be recorded by the home team and shared. It's used for game study between coaches and players, and also scouting and recruiting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That seems like a good system.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-14-19, 01:56 PM
belied dat belied dat is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 481
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Don't get Butt hurt BD. I think you're misrepresenting my post. Jed pointed out that 100% of OE kids had offers, presumably based on the article provided by the ECNL as opposed to personal experience (I Could be wrong), BUT he compared OE's kids with offers to the uncommitted players from OP and Internationals.

I was merely pointing out that it was an apples to oranges comparison based on the article, BECAUSE, Again, the article left out two uncommitted OE players. I didn't say the article was misleading, I pointed out the inadequacy of the data. By the way, do you know what offers PV and AK had?

Lastly, I wasn't trying to place one type of offer above the other. Some girls get better in-state walk-on offers than athletic out-of-state offers.
No one is butt hurt. Just trying to be accurate. Jed's post said 100% had offers. You immediately questioned accuracy saying, "I don't know that it's accurate. I know that two OE 19's weren't committed at the time of that report and that one still isn't yet."

Jed's post was right, 100% did have offers. That doesn't mean that they cannot be committed. Nor does it mean anything financial. It said that 100% of the OE players had offers. I simply clarified saying that it was accurate, there may have been a couple that weren't committed (for a variety of reasons including decommit), but that doesn't negate that there was 100% accuracy in Jed's post.

I don't go by initials, so I do not know who you're talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-14-19, 02:08 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
This thread is getting more cray cray by the day- whats wrong with everyone?? Can't we all just be happy for the kids who got offers, which could be seen as some justification for years and years of hard work, whether there is a lot of money (or any) behind the offers or not??? 2% of HS athletes receive a scholarship to play college sports. 2%. Sweet 2 lbs 3 ounce baby jesus why so much hate?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-14-19, 03:55 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
No hate. All offers are good offers. BD never answered if he knew about the offers of the two uncommitted 2019's
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-14-19, 05:15 PM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 187
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
PERFECT timing on this thread as ECNL released their list of players from each ECNL team in the 2019 recruiting class that received a scholarship offer for either D1, D2, D3 or NAIA=

O/E = 100% of their players received an offer for 2019
OP = 9 players remain UNCOMMITTED for 2019
INTERNATIONALS = 13 player remain UNCOMMITTED for 2019

DA has not released their list/info yet...Ö.funny how OP and Internationals are the two clubs who tell their 14 year old players to 'take ownership of their own recruiting process' (really??) and that they 'DONT need recruiting coordinators helping them'. uh huh. Stats DONT lie.
It's hard to judge how well a team does in terms of recruiting by just looking the number of commits vs uncommits. There are 340 D1 programs, over 300 D2 programs, over 300 D3 programs, and a decent amount of NAIA programs. If a kid plays for any of the top clubs/teams (especially on a regional league or higher), that kid could play in college somewhere if she really wanted to.

It is a real possibility that every kid on the OE team wanted to play in college; while not every kid on OP or Internationals wanted to play at that level. It is not unusual for good players to decide somewhere along the way (usually a 11th grade or by winter of 12th grade) that they don't want to play in college. Less than 10% of all high school women's soccer players will play in college. Some of the kids that decide not to play have the ability to play, just not the desire.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-14-19, 05:19 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,812
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
It's hard to judge how well a team does in terms of recruiting by just looking the number of commits vs uncommits. There are 340 D1 programs, over 300 D2 programs, over 300 D3 programs, and a decent amount of NAIA programs. If a kid plays for any of the top clubs/teams (especially on a regional league or higher), that kid could play in college somewhere if she really wanted to.



It is a real possibility that every kid on the OE team wanted to play in college; while not every kid on OP or Internationals wanted to play at that level. It is not unusual for good players to decide somewhere along the way (usually a 11th grade or by winter of 12th grade) that they don't want to play in college. Less than 10% of all high school women's soccer players will play in college. Some of the kids that decide not to play have the ability to play, just not the desire.
Excellent point. Many decide to go to college, but would rather put their efforts towards another career instead of the amount of time effort needed to continue a sport.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-14-19, 06:10 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,409
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
This thread is getting more cray cray by the day- whats wrong with everyone?? Can't we all just be happy for the kids who got offers, which could be seen as some justification for years and years of hard work, whether there is a lot of money (or any) behind the offers or not??? 2% of HS athletes receive a scholarship to play college sports. 2%. Sweet 2 lbs 3 ounce baby jesus why so much hate?
JED stop it... I have never agreed with you so much or so many times!! That CRAY CRAY!! You are right though!!! Dang it man stop...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-14-19, 11:57 PM
SoccerNut SoccerNut is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-15-16
Posts: 39
SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
OE’s 2019 class has a good number of it’s players committed to play at the next level. Hope they have a better second half of their senior season. We all know not all are getting athletic scholarships$. Most just want to continue to play the beautiful game! That’s all that matters.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-15-19, 12:00 AM
SoccerNut SoccerNut is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-15-16
Posts: 39
SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
No hate. All offers are good offers. BD never answered if he knew about the offers of the two uncommitted 2019's
Congrats to your player and all OE players that committed in February!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-15-19, 07:31 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post
Congrats to your player and all OE players that committed in February!
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-15-19, 09:23 AM
belied dat belied dat is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 481
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
No hate. All offers are good offers. BD never answered if he knew about the offers of the two uncommitted 2019's
Well, there is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
I don't go by initials, so I do not know who you're talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-15-19, 12:16 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
Well, there is this:
Very cryptic BD
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-15-19, 01:20 PM
belied dat belied dat is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 481
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Very cryptic BD
I don't know how much clearer it I can be? I have no idea who you are talking about because I don't know initials.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-15-19, 01:46 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
I don't know how much clearer it I can be? I have no idea who you are talking about because I don't know initials.
That's not what I asked. You said all kids had offers, I asked you what you knew about the offers of the two uncommitted girls at that time.

I withdraw the question. I'm sure I/we have bored everyone else on this thread, to tears.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-15-19, 03:57 PM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 187
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Just playing Devil's Advocate here,

but all of this to most likely play at a D2 or D3 school with gigantic tuition rates?

Aren't a lot of them just trading one soccer club for a far more expensive one?

I put this on here because I've heard this from several HS coaches that are not fans of how the current system uses families and student athletes.
There are multiple posts on this thread related to this subject....it's not just about the money. It's about the chance to do what few high school athletes get the chance to do -- play a sport they love at the collegiate level....

Now, the reality is that almost no one that plays soccer in college gets a full ride to do so, even at the D1 level. Only D1 football, D1 men's & women's basketball, and D1 women's volleyball give full rides (and there are exceptions to this, like Ivy league schools). All other D1 sports tend to give partial awards. A D3 athlete typically will receive money from the school via scholarships and aid that will rival and/or exceed what a scholarship D1 player will get.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-20-19, 11:15 PM
SoccerNut SoccerNut is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-15-16
Posts: 39
SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
PERFECT timing on this thread as ECNL released their list of players from each ECNL team in the 2019 recruiting class that received a scholarship offer for either D1, D2, D3 or NAIA=

O/E = 100% of their players received an offer for 2019
OP = 9 players remain UNCOMMITTED for 2019
INTERNATIONALS = 13 player remain UNCOMMITTED for 2019

DA has not released their list/info yet...Ö.funny how OP and Internationals are the two clubs who tell their 14 year old players to 'take ownership of their own recruiting process' (really??) and that they 'DONT need recruiting coordinators helping them'. uh huh. Stats DONT lie.
Congratulations to the OE Class of 2019! Perhaps the OP and International uncommitted players donít want to play at the next level for free? Might be waiting on athletic or merit scholarships?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-21-19, 11:49 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post
Congratulations to the OE Class of 2019! Perhaps the OP and International uncommitted players donít want to play at the next level for free? Might be waiting on athletic or merit scholarships?
Yep that's it. All 22 of them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top Camp @ Logan Elm-June 8th & 9th-Bo Jordan, Ross Thatcher, and Jim Edwards snakenbake70 Wrestling 2 05-10-18 08:57 AM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings #4 McClearn7 Wrestling 1 01-21-18 01:44 PM
GAME REPORT: Thurgood Marshall 42 Western Hills 24 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 4 09-18-17 03:58 AM
GAME REPORT:St Marys(W.Va) 63 Marietta 19 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 1 09-15-17 09:21 AM
Vamps top teams SWO/Miami Valley week 0 vamp2syd Football 5 08-23-17 06:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz