Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-03-18, 10:53 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 301
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
^hahaha

https://admin.totalglobalsports.com/...g.aspx?eid=955
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 12-04-18, 03:16 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
was at South Carolina ECNL this weekend and to say ECNL is currently watered down is an understatement.....and it was obvious down the line as well in Raleigh. Just sayin.
I think your right.

Empty, what event was the link to?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-04-18, 05:33 PM
Bucknut3 Bucknut3 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 105
Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I think your right.

Empty, what event was the link to?
Hoosier the venue had a Mesa location. Donít believe this was a link to any N.C. event. I may be wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-05-18, 09:15 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,916
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
was at South Carolina ECNL this weekend and to say ECNL is currently watered down is an understatement.....and it was obvious down the line as well in Raleigh. Just sayin.
is it fair to say that with so many clubs and leagues and events things are getting watered down across the board?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-05-18, 01:34 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
It's the South Carolina event, but I'm not sure how it adds to the conversation. I think there were more ECNL teams at the NCFC Showcase than the South Carolina ECNL event. Add in National League playing in the same area and one hand you could say it's a solid number of D1 programs coming to watch. On the other hand I bet the scouted all three events and watched the College Cup.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-20-19, 08:09 AM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 301
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
So I hear the Director got fired.

The CDA "pre" DA teams are folding next season because it's destroying the CUP and Hammer brand.

And the level of competition for the actual DA teams in this region since the 3 big boys (Eclipse, Hawks and Indy Fire) took their ball and went back to the ECNL, is somewhere between the old MRL First division and OSSL. And the older teams are still struggling even with that! How does that happen.

Gee where did I hear this was gonna happen before...Hope the good girls get out while they still can.
And now it's a reality. The "pre" DA is gone. Who knew......Oh wait, I did.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-20-19, 08:37 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
If this is a lame cryptic post to say ECNL is NOT watered down because of the 'college coaches attending' tab, you are truly clueless as anyone with even general knowledge of the recruiting process knows that those tabs are, AT BEST, 50% ACCURATE, and are sometimes not updated for years, depending on the event. In addition, the watered down ECNL is still ECNL.....where are college supposed to recruit? The hilarious MRL???? Or even funnier ODP?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-20-19, 09:01 AM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 301
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Whats not clueless is the 700 Coaches that were at the last 2 ECNL events and that is accurate based on coach check ins. No doubt it's not the same as the old ECNL be really hard to be with the DA. The DA it's a majorly flawed platform but certainly not talentless. But even you would have to admit the absolute lack of quality teams in the DA as a whole and the ability to stack stats in a few DA regions is appalling as they back filled the clubs that left the DA to either go back to the ECNL or join for the first time with those hilarious MRL teams. The 04's learned a quick lesson on what it's like to play real teams this weekend loss to FC Pride ECNL. They gave up only 1 less goal in 1 game against what will probably be the 3rd place ECNL team as they did in 11 DA league conference games. Talk about watered down. Yikes....

Regardless it's about CUP and Hammer trying to save themselves with the deletion of the pre da.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-20-19, 09:05 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Whats not clueless is the 700 Coaches that were at the last 2 ECNL events and that is accurate based on coach check ins. No doubt it's not the same as the old ECNL be really hard to be with the DA. The DA it's a majorly flawed platform but certainly not talentless. But even you would have to admit the absolute lack of quality teams in the DA as a whole and the ability to stack stats in a few DA regions is appalling as they back filled the clubs that left the DA to either go back to the ECNL or join for the first time with those hilarious MRL teams. The 04's learned a quick lesson on what it's like to play real teams this weekend loss to FC Pride ECNL. They gave up only 1 less goal in 1 game against what will probably be the 3rd place ECNL team as they did in 11 DA league conference games. Talk about watered down. Yikes....

Regardless it's about CUP and Hammer trying to save themselves with the deletion of the pre da.
I cant disagree with much of this....although if you look at the number of coaches who attended the DA event in FLA recently your conclusion doesn't hold much water- why would so many coaches attend THAT event if all those DA teams blow?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-20-19, 09:58 AM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 301
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Because there are still many amazing kids and great teams in the DA. It's just scarce in the Midwest region of the DA as well as a few others.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-20-19, 10:23 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Look at the commits at DA, Pre-Da (National League), even what was MRL Premier 1 teams.

Generally, their showcases are near the same venues in the same general time frame. I don't doubt Power 5's on down are scouting all those platforms.

As for competitive level I have no clue what DA is like, and have never been able to see how good the TFA National league is, BUT I was surprised to see how competitive some of the new ECNL additions were.

At the end of the day Scouting/Recruiting seems so arbitrary. I've watched at some of the area recruiting and been baffled. Butler ignored a 19 All-American who really wanted to go there. She settled for a power 5 school.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-20-19, 11:02 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Look at the commits at DA, Pre-Da (National League), even what was MRL Premier 1 teams.

Generally, their showcases are near the same venues in the same general time frame. I don't doubt Power 5's on down are scouting all those platforms.

As for competitive level I have no clue what DA is like, and have never been able to see how good the TFA National league is, BUT I was surprised to see how competitive some of the new ECNL additions were.

At the end of the day Scouting/Recruiting seems so arbitrary. I've watched at some of the area recruiting and been baffled. Butler ignored a 19 All-American who really wanted to go there. She settled for a power 5 school.
First thing I tell every family I work with is to NEVER take a coach's opinion personally (different coaches look for different specific skills in players they recruit, and those skill sets fit that particular program's philosophy...no matter what 'awards' the player wins or doesn't win because of politics), and that the players/families that stay even keel throughout the process are always the most successful in the end. Its an emotional rollercoaster and it BA-lows most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-20-19, 08:26 PM
Bucknut3 Bucknut3 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 105
Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
First thing I tell every family I work with is to NEVER take a coach's opinion personally (different coaches look for different specific skills in players they recruit, and those skill sets fit that particular program's philosophy...no matter what 'awards' the player wins or doesn't win because of politics), and that the players/families that stay even keel throughout the process are always the most successful in the end. Its an emotional rollercoaster and it BA-lows most of the time.
Amen to that!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-21-19, 11:18 PM
5x26 5x26 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 111
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Whats not clueless is the 700 Coaches that were at the last 2 ECNL events and that is accurate based on coach check ins. No doubt it's not the same as the old ECNL be really hard to be with the DA. The DA it's a majorly flawed platform but certainly not talentless. But even you would have to admit the absolute lack of quality teams in the DA as a whole and the ability to stack stats in a few DA regions is appalling as they back filled the clubs that left the DA to either go back to the ECNL or join for the first time with those hilarious MRL teams. The 04's learned a quick lesson on what it's like to play real teams this weekend loss to FC Pride ECNL. They gave up only 1 less goal in 1 game against what will probably be the 3rd place ECNL team as they did in 11 DA league conference games. Talk about watered down. Yikes....

Regardless it's about CUP and Hammer trying to save themselves with the deletion of the pre da.
I did see the Florida event last month had 700 coaches in attendance, have not heard that number for Texas this month, but I do know many teams had over 100 for each of their games in attendance.

Not too surprised that 04 FC Pride team did so well against the DA. They have multiple kids on that team that have verbally committed to major D1 programs already. Like you say, I would guess they end up 3rd maybe T-2nd in the ECNL Great Lakes Conference. And the Indy Fire Team that is half a point ahead of the 04 OE ECNL team is the same team that finished ahead of the 04 DA team last year with the same kids on both squads before IF left the DA. My 05 played on the 04 ECNL last year and she played all those girls. I'd say TSC is hands down the best and Internationals is better than FC Pride simply due to the ability to possess and create. That Stransky (sp?)girl on the Internationals team is legit the best attacking MF/F that I've seen in surrounding age groups in any league.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-22-19, 12:05 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 301
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
And another big time Club drops the DA for the ECNL today. Crossfire Premier leaves the Girls DA...
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-22-19, 12:24 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
And another big time Club drops the DA for the ECNL today. Crossfire Premier leaves the Girls DA...
Curious how much the 'ALL-IN' Crossfire is doing is going to cost a parent now, since it supposedly covers ALL travel costs for the player, etc? Anyone know?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-22-19, 01:28 PM
5x26 5x26 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 111
5x26 is on a distinguished road
It’s free to play on their ECNL teams.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-22-19, 02:05 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,409
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post
Itís free to play on their ECNL teams.
Does the ECNL cover the costs or does the Club? Just curious.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-22-19, 02:28 PM
5x26 5x26 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 111
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Does the ECNL cover the costs or does the Club? Just curious.
Club pays. They have for years.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-22-19, 02:28 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 133
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post
Itís free to play on their ECNL teams.
This makes ZERO sense? Is AOC the president of ECNL now? Or perhaps cray cray Sanders? Do the top 1% of ECNL parents pay for everyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-22-19, 02:35 PM
5x26 5x26 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 111
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
This makes ZERO sense? Is AOC the president of ECNL now? Or perhaps cray cray Sanders? Do the top 1% of ECNL parents pay for everyone else?

It's club paid not ECNL. The "ECNL" term of "all in" refers to Clubs who decide to give up the DA and focus solely on the ECNL. Crossfire pays 100% for their top players not the ECNL.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-22-19, 05:09 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
3 new clubs from NJ?

https://bit.ly/2GRjVy6?fbclid=IwAR1h...RaIl--H_nOVASc
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-24-19, 08:43 PM
fearthekeeper fearthekeeper is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-20-15
Posts: 92
fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
DA Town Hall

Attended the DA town hall tonight. Lots of great information about what they are actually doing compared to what you may read on yappi.

There were no promises of your kid making the national team or getting a D1 scholarship. They actually pointed out that only 7 kids (so far) have been called into a NT camp.

What I found most interesting was their approach to developing the whole person and focusing on future success on and especially OFF the field as a human being. They recognized that a very small percentage will go on to the national team or play professionally, but all the girls will need skills to be successful in whatever they do in their future.

They seem to have a very holistic, well rounded approach.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-24-19, 08:50 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,812
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthekeeper View Post
Attended the DA town hall tonight. Lots of great information about what they are actually doing compared to what you may read on yappi.



There were no promises of your kid making the national team or getting a D1 scholarship. They actually pointed out that only 7 kids (so far) have been called into a NT camp.



What I found most interesting was their approach to developing the whole person and focusing on future success on and especially OFF the field as a human being. They recognized that a very small percentage will go on to the national team or play professionally, but all the girls will need skills to be successful in whatever they do in their future.



They seem to have a very holistic, well rounded approach.
LIES!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-24-19, 11:12 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,409
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthekeeper View Post
Attended the DA town hall tonight. Lots of great information about what they are actually doing compared to what you may read on yappi.

There were no promises of your kid making the national team or getting a D1 scholarship. They actually pointed out that only 7 kids (so far) have been called into a NT camp.

What I found most interesting was their approach to developing the whole person and focusing on future success on and especially OFF the field as a human being. They recognized that a very small percentage will go on to the national team or play professionally, but all the girls will need skills to be successful in whatever they do in their future.

They seem to have a very holistic, well rounded approach.
Great to see the truth being printed...
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-25-19, 09:40 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 396
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
* Liked above
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-25-19, 10:53 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 869
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
i kinda feel like this is in response to recent criticism. if you are the platform to make the national team then so be it. but if you are a holistic approach to being a better person, cyo can accomplish that, right, probably cheaper. i think it made more sense to market as an avenue to the top. almost like we have to become a softer version of ourselves. dont get me wrong its noble and all but is that the purpose of club soccer, of any club not just this one?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-25-19, 11:17 AM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,812
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
i kinda feel like this is in response to recent criticism. if you are the platform to make the national team then so be it. but if you are a holistic approach to being a better person, cyo can accomplish that, right, probably cheaper. i think it made more sense to market as an avenue to the top. almost like we have to become a softer version of ourselves. dont get me wrong its noble and all but is that the purpose of club soccer, of any club not just this one?
That meeting isn't a response to any critiscm. It's a normal informational meeting for all current or prospective parents and players. Nothing he said is some change from this year for the next. You really think those guys are watching Yappi and changing their club based on the fools here??? Lol

That's what's been so frustrating on this board. The DA has never marketed itself as an "avenue to the top," whether that be the national team or the pros. Hell, it has never even said it's the way to college either. It HAS said that USA Soccer wanted a program like the DA so that it could better identify players it may want for the national program by having them in a controlled environment where they also had better access to them (it is mandatory that a certain percentage of DA games be attended by US soccer recruits). But the #1 goal is to provide the best environment for players to train and maximize their development.

The 2nd part about also maximizing their growth into adults is more the club goal rather than DA. I know that is a big part of CU/CUP. I can't speak for Kings Hammer, but I'm sure they aren't much different, as this is something most all clubs work to achieve. Some just have it as more of a priority than others. Don't get it twisted, you are choosing the DA for its elite level training and competition. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Philly_Cat; 02-25-19 at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-25-19, 12:30 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,409
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Thst meeting isnt a response to any critiscm. It's a normal infirmsyionsk meeting for all current or prospective parents and players. Nothing he said is some change from this year for the next. You really think those guys are watching Yappi and changing their club based on the fools here??? Lol

That's what's been so frustrating on this board. The DA has never marketed itself as an "avenue to the top," whether that be the national team or the pros. Hell, it has never even said it's the way to college either. It HAS said that USA Soccer wanted a program like the DA so that it could better identify players it may want for the national program by having them in a controlled environment where they also had better access to them (it is mandatory that a certain percentage of DA games be attended by US soccer recruits). But the #1 goal is to provide the best environment for players to train and maximize their development.

The 2nd part about also maximizing their growth into adults is more the club goal rather than DA. I know that is a big part of CU/CUP. I can't speak for Kings Hammer, but I'm sure they aren't much different, as this is something most all clubs work to achieve. Some just have it as more of a priority than others. Don't get it twisted, you are choosing the DA for its elite level training and competition. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-25-19, 12:34 PM
lovesallsports lovesallsports is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-03-16
Posts: 40
lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
You shouldnít believe everything you hear from the town hall meeting. Lots of promises and everything looks good on the slide show but what is actually provided has not lived up to what was promised on a basic level. Heard there will be lots of movement this year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Championship Ticket Issues... Purplesage Football 9 11-23-18 12:34 PM
Princeton Announcing More Eligibility Issues Philly_Cat Football 1 09-20-18 04:57 PM
LeBron James' Uninterrupted issues letter to Alabama over copyright infringement Yappi General Board 0 04-02-18 01:25 PM
Family of NYC bombing suspect issues statement OhioBobcatFan06 Debate Forum 3 12-12-17 09:28 AM
Congrats to a CDA Player coachg Girls Soccer 2 09-07-17 03:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz