Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-06-19, 11:10 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Local games and touneys

So any good local matches happening soon? Also what are your favorite local tournaments? local as in SW Ohio or NKY.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-19, 12:33 PM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
I don't coach any more but I always enjoyed the MASC and Beavercreek tournaments. The sheer number of brackets allowed for a great competitive environment. Having all the games in one place creates a very nice environment of like-minded people. I did not like the tourneys at 5-6 different locations.
Old 03-06-19, 02:40 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
https://tourneycentral.com/tournament-calendar

Found this list. The only local ones for the Spring that stand out to me are MASC and Warrior Classic. I haven't attended, but there are some Michigan tournaments listed hosted by top level clubs like Jaguars and Midwest United, so I would assume they should be good.

On a side note, does anyone know if MEAD Cup has recovered after the disaster from 4 or 5 years ago when bad storms caused almost the entire tournament to not be played, yet champions still crowned? I know that led to a lot of top level clubs not returning to what was always one of the best local tournaments.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-19, 08:35 PM
Freshman

jperona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post

On a side note, does anyone know if MEAD Cup has recovered after the disaster from 4 or 5 years ago when bad storms caused almost the entire tournament to not be played, yet champions still crowned? I know that led to a lot of top level clubs not returning to what was always one of the best local tournaments.

I don’t believe they’ve recovered to the level that they used to be. You are correct that it was one of the best tournaments but they went through a few changes at the top and let non-soccer people run the club I think at that time was CUSA. Really sad actually as they had a few excellent coaches and teams on the girls side that disbanded around the time the Mead Cup blew up. There’s quite a few girls from those top teams that are now in D1 College soccer or are committed - a lot of them either went to CUP or OE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-19, 08:12 AM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Found this list. The only local ones for the Spring that stand out to me are MASC and Warrior Classic. I haven't attended, but there are some Michigan tournaments listed hosted by top level clubs like Jaguars and Midwest United, so I would assume they should be good.

Do you honestly look at the MASC as a good tournament? Oh boy..The Blue Chip Showcase is not what it was but is still better than either of those as is the Elite thaw. Hammer does tournaments well and typically draws better comp, most certainly better than the warrior or for sure the MASC. You may as well have said Middleton spring blast or the Strawberry fest nothing brings out low quality soccer and rec+ teams like them and the MASC lol.
Old 03-07-19, 09:08 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Players have to start somewhere. I'm glad there are other options than the "elite" tournaments that people praise.

If we want soccer to grow in America, we can't just tend to [and praise] the elite.
Old 03-07-19, 10:24 AM
All District

jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:

No offense, but I could not find ONE tournament on this site that ANY D1 college coach would attend.
Old 03-07-19, 10:26 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
No offense, but I could not find ONE tournament on this site that ANY D1 college coach would attend.
I'm sorry, did you not read what the OP said?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: