Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-18, 07:02 AM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
Where you like it or not TT has done a good job at Hoban. Hoban's administration gave him the keys to the football program and told him to win and that is what he is doing. Whether people like it or not he is doing exactly what the powers to be at Hoban wanted him to do. I'm not a Hoban fan but I have to agree with Buckeye, he should be rewarded.
Old 03-08-18, 07:07 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most Hoban supporters won't agree but yes he is a good coach. I just don't like the fact that he can say hey look at me and what I've done against schools that don't get to do it the same way I can!
Old 03-08-18, 07:16 AM
Varsity

Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
You win, they dig deep to find anything they can to diminish you. You lose, they fire you. Do the Math.
Old 03-08-18, 07:46 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
His offensive line would rival a D-3 college line. These kids just didn't all the sudden just start showing up there and they weren't there before his arrival. No digging needed. If it looks fishy, smells fishy, its probably fishy. Within his legal private recruiting, more than likely, stinks that publics can't and don't do the same because its HS football, absolutely.
Old 03-08-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I think this one's clearly run its course. Moderator?
Old 03-08-18, 09:07 AM
All District

bagobones is on a distinguished road
Hoban recruits? I have never gotten that impression from a thread on Yappi that involves Hoban.
Old 03-08-18, 10:09 AM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
His offensive line would rival a D-3 college line. These kids just didn't all the sudden just start showing up there and they weren't there before his arrival. No digging needed. If it looks fishy, smells fishy, its probably fishy. Within his legal private recruiting, more than likely, stinks that publics can't and don't do the same because its HS football, absolutely.
Hobanís line has been good for sure but they are not the biggest. Of the past three teams there are two scholarship level linemen. Louisville 2015, Benny 2015, McKinley 2015, Edís 2016, Iggy, Avon, Winton Woods, St V 2017 all weíre same or bigger across the board. Hobans first state championship was won with a senior class that was there before Tyrrell. Coaching and off season has more to do with the success than anything.
Old 03-08-18, 11:00 AM
Varsity

Information is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Hobanís line has been good for sure but they are not the biggest. Of the past three teams there are two scholarship level linemen. Louisville 2015, Benny 2015, McKinley 2015, Edís 2016, Iggy, Avon, Winton Woods, St V 2017 all weíre same or bigger across the board. Hobans first state championship was won with a senior class that was there before Tyrrell. Coaching and off season has more to do with the success than anything.
The senior class had Sibley and Clark in the backfield. Clark transferred from Massillon. TTs recruits won the state title.
Old 03-08-18, 11:04 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Information View Post
The senior class had Sibley and Clark in the backfield. Clark transferred from Massillon. TTs recruits won the state title.
Did Clark transfer or was he recruited. Two different scenarios there my boy.
Old 03-08-18, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Did Clark transfer or was he recruited. Two different scenarios there my boy.
He was......transcruited.
Old 03-08-18, 11:23 AM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Clark transferred end of his sophomore year which means in Yappi world that he could not have possibly made that decision on his own. Sibley was there all four years which means he was illegally snatched from the arms of a public school. They were given checks, were part of an underworld feeder program called MKU and given steroids. SVSM is innocent.
Old 03-08-18, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Clark transferred end of his sophomore year which means in Yappi world that he could not have possibly made that decision on his own. Sibley was there all four years which means he was illegally snatched from the arms of a public school. They were given checks, were part of an underworld feeder program called MKU and given steroids. SVSM is innocent.
I suspect the Clarks: saw an uncertain situation in Massillon with Hall on the way out and Moore on his way in; did their research; saw the momentum at Hoban building; saw a program with a top RB (Sibley) who was a friend of Danny; and found Hoban would welcome him with open arms. Only the Clarks know what happened behind the scenes. With Danny soon to be a college sophomore and the OHSAA investigation into Hoban having happened after he was there, it doesn't really much matter at this point.
Old 03-08-18, 06:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
He was......transcruited.
WHOA. Very good.
Old 03-08-18, 06:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I suspect the Clarks: saw an uncertain situation in Massillon with Hall on the way out and Moore on his way in; did their research; saw the momentum at Hoban building; saw a program with a top RB (Sibley) who was a friend of Danny; and found Hoban would welcome him with open arms. Only the Clarks know what happened behind the scenes. With Danny soon to be a college sophomore and the OHSAA investigation into Hoban having happened after he was there, it doesn't really much matter at this point.
I don't doubt for one second that this is spot on. No conspiracy theory or anything like that. Well, except on here of course.
Old 03-08-18, 08:22 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
The constant bellyaching about Privates stealing everybody’s players has merit, but Public’s have always recruited, it’s called open enrollment. In Akron for years Garfield was the football power, and Central for basketball. Later, Buchtel football, Central-Hower BB. Then Buchtel for both, with an occasional challenge from Kenmore in BB. It’s legal, but when it’s not, someone always figures away around it.
Old 03-08-18, 09:06 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Papa Clark met with Moore and didn't like what he saw and heard from Moore so he did what was best for his kids. Hard to argue his decision at this point.

How fitting that TT wins the award named for Massillon's greatest coach given all the recruiting accusations.
Old 03-08-18, 10:08 PM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Papa Clark met with Moore and didn't like what he saw and heard from Moore so he did what was best for his kids. Hard to argue his decision at this point.

How fitting that TT wins the award named for Massillon's greatest coach given all the recruiting accusations.
You are completely misguided. The returning players at Massillon told Danny Clark to leave and not come back.Moore made an attempt to fix things but the players didn't want him.
Old 03-08-18, 10:16 PM
Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
You are completely misguided. The returning players at Massillon told Danny Clark to leave and not come back.Moore made an attempt to fix things but the players didn't want him.
Well that was smart. Worked out for Danny winning 2 state championships, along with getting a grade A high school education. While Massillon still hasnít WON a state championship.

Sorry now Iíll return to my cave.
Old 03-08-18, 10:21 PM
Varsity

Information is on a distinguished road
Is Sarachman going to apply for a STVM position or try to reapply to Triwway? What do you think ArmChairCoach?
Old 03-08-18, 10:24 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Wow....a nice thread totally derailed by man2man.
Old 03-08-18, 10:27 PM
Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Information View Post
Is Sarachman going to apply for a STVM position or try to reapply to Triwway? What do you think ArmChairCoach?
Que? Don't know, your guess is as good as mine.
Old 03-08-18, 10:35 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Anyone else see this as interesting?

High school kids running a player out of town?

Come on! Really!

We're talking about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!
Old 03-08-18, 10:47 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol, Cougarfan, you've done it now with starting this thread. Now this thread has gone on a tangent involving Massillon, and its varied supporters and detractors. What a mess of a thread. Like what did you think was going to happen starting a thread like this? Were you trying to see how fast a thread started by you could get derailed? Lol *shakes head*.
Old 03-08-18, 10:54 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:

#1) On the Massillon thread you asked how our new transfers were doing....I asked you for their names so I could tell you how they were doing and you couldn't answer the question....Here, you say "papa Clark met with Moore and didn't like what he saw and heard." So....ill give you another chance to impress us all with your ""insider knowledge""....what did "papa Clark" see and hear?

#2) here you say (regarding the transfer) "hard to argue his decision at this point." But you're so against transfers....why the open minded understanding attitude all of a sudden?
Old 03-08-18, 11:08 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
The GCL is the best league ever, and the finals should not be played in Stark County. There, I think we have now mentioned every divisive HS football topic in this thread at least once. Nothing more to see here.
Old 03-09-18, 12:02 AM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The GCL is the best league ever, and the finals should not be played in Stark County. There, I think we have now mentioned every divisive HS football topic in this thread at least once. Nothing more to see here.
People are not responding to argue over your divisive topics you brought up fast enough. Here, in the spirit of this thread, let me see if I can help out with that.

The GCL is not the best league in the state, they are actually the worst league in the state. Because they recruit all their athletes, and it is unfair.

The best league in the state is the MAC, everybody knows that, even Hoser.

The state championships should be in Stark County is the best county for high school football.
Old 03-09-18, 01:07 AM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your wrong it was the parents of the players. One of the meetings was one of the most bizarre things I have ever witnessed in high school sports.
Old 03-09-18, 01:08 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:

Donít post about Massillon if you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 03-09-18, 01:09 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Anyone else see this as interesting?

High school kids running a player out of town?

Come on! Really!

We're talking about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!
Well some of us are, usually you just come in with misguided comments like you work for TMZ.
Old 03-09-18, 05:17 AM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Your wrong it was the parents of the players. One of the meetings was one of the most bizarre things I have ever witnessed in high school sports.
The clowns running the clown college (Iím not a globalist, I donít hate white faced people)

Rather the footballs in the crib, letís give these infants Del Donahooís ďone tank tripĒ signed copies also. Please folks venture out of Massillon.

Yea Hoban recruits like everyone else, the coach is a different breed.
Closed Thread