Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-03-18, 07:01 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
He threw 5 NFL passes, wgaf what his weight was for those 5 passes? His playing weight was probably closer to 190# anyway. His combine weight was 195.

You’ve supplied zero data to support this, so who cares how many times you’ve said it? Based on what measurable is his “body type” an concern? Have you seen him naked or something?
5 passes or 500, his listed playing weight was 205.

Do you think I'm making up body types? Is this really what your defense is coming down to, the denial of body types? You know, it's not my problem that you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-18, 07:09 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
5 passes or 500, his listed playing weight was 205.

Do you think I'm making up body types? Is this really what your defense is coming down to, the denial of body types? You know, it's not my problem that you're wrong.
I’m not denying body types, but if you say someone is a certain body type and their measurables are nearly identical to others in the draft and you can’t name any other defining reason he is different, it’s pretty obvious you don’t know what the fk you’re talking about. The NBA is ~80% ectomorphs, Jackson isn’t even close to that body type...he’s much closer to his peer set of other quarterbacks.
Old 03-03-18, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Do you think an ectomorph has to be freakishly tall or something?

Rosen is also probably an ectomorph and he had health issues in college. I find it unlikely that will cease in the NFL.

Darnold looks more like a mesomorph. His weight might not be a lot higher than Jackson's but he clearly has a stockier build.

It's obvious you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Old 03-03-18, 11:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Do you think an ectomorph has to be freakishly tall or something?

Rosen is also probably an ectomorph and he had health issues in college. I find it unlikely that will cease in the NFL.

Darnold looks more like a mesomorph. His weight might not be a lot higher than Jackson's but he clearly has a stockier build.

It's obvious you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
nice melt, but clearly nothing to back up your statement. Hardly a surprise.
Old 03-03-18, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

How is that a melt?
Old 03-04-18, 12:26 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
How does what you said below.

Not apply equally to this
It's apples and oranges. We haven't the access to the minutiae nor the ability to proper sift through it even if we did in regard to individual players. I guess maybe if you have a HIPPA release for each you could speak intelligently to their medical evals ? That would be a good place to start.

Whereas anybody can look at the likely longevity of a RB, or weigh the difference of the potential impact between pairing a top quintile QB with a series of second quintile backs as opposed to a second quintile QB and a top RB for 5,6 years that will likely be replaced with a next tier back. That sort of more general thing.

It's the difference between player-specific and position-specific judgements, simply put.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that you're stuggling to grasp this. The other three goofs are no surprise, but I expected better from you.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 03-04-18 at 12:39 AM..
Old 03-04-18, 12:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
How is that a melt?
That particular post is no more a melt than than his that you responded to, or mine a while back that you called a melt, for that matter.

You two goofs deserve each other
Old 03-04-18, 12:46 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It's the difference between player-specific and position-specific judgements, simply put.
This seems pretty player specific.

Quote:
The salient points are that this is a very deep RB draft, :
Maybe some people are using the opposite thinking: Barkley is the clear best running back and most sure thing, where as any of the QB's could end up being the best, so why not grab him and take whichever QB they like best at #4?

I don't even necessarily agree with this, but doesn't seem any more ridiculous than your line of thinking.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that you're stuggling to grasp this. The other three goofs are no surprise, but I expected better from you.
This is precisely what I expect from you so no worries.
Old 03-04-18, 01:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This seems pretty player specific.

Maybe some people are using the opposite thinking: Barkley is the clear best running back and most sure thing, where as any of the QB's could end up being the best, so why not grab him and take whichever QB they like best at #4?

I don't even necessarily agree with this, but doesn't seem any more ridiculous than your line of thinking.

This is precisely what I expect from you so no worries.
Huh. I guess I over-estimated you.
Old 03-04-18, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
How is that a melt?
You haven’t brought one supporting point that Jackson is an ectomorph, let alone that his body type is an actual concern. And throwing up strawmans like “you think all tall people are ectomorphs?” Or “you don’t believe body types exist?”. Just sheer arrogant stupidity on your part, that everyone has come to expect and enjoy.
Old 03-04-18, 09:13 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
My scenario for Jackson would be this ... I good team with and older QB drafts Jackson in the first round ... this will give him time to develop as a QB ... but then plays him like a slash at both WR and Wildcat QB to get something for the first pick right away ... I could see the Steelers, Saints, Patriots, or even Green Bay to do something like this ... it would take a little out of the box thinking, which is probably why it won't happen.
Old 03-04-18, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
My scenario for Jackson would be this ... I good team with and older QB drafts Jackson in the first round ... this will give him time to develop as a QB ... but then plays him like a slash at both WR and Wildcat QB to get something for the first pick right away ... I could see the Steelers, Saints, Patriots, or even Green Bay to do something like this ... it would take a little out of the box thinking, which is probably why it won't happen.
Rookie contract rules today make that a possibility.

He could actually start out as a red-zone QB for a team that moves the ball well in the middle of the field but sputters out. Many Ds play it that way now anyhow. When the field gets short a defense will almost have to keep a spy on him, giving him a throwing lane or two that someone else won't have. Using him that way kind of runs counter to the presumed changes he needs to make in his thinking/tendencies to succeed throughout the entire game as an NFL QB, though.
Old 03-04-18, 10:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
........Just sheer arrogant stupidity on your part, that everyone has come to expect and enjoy.

check
Old 03-04-18, 10:56 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Kordell Stewart.
Old 03-04-18, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Kordell Stewart.
I miss Slash! twice a year. Browns could use that again. Peppers might become useful!!
Old 03-04-18, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I miss Slash! twice a year. Browns could use that again. Peppers might become useful!!
I miss Slash too...I was at the game in Pittsburgh in 99 when we beat the Steelers as a first year expansion team. Listening to the pregame show on the radio calling it a glorified exhibition and then the post game show calling for everyones head was priceless.
Old 03-04-18, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

I was at that game. Never heard so much swearing in my life and still haven't.
Old 03-04-18, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Because you think they are all the same, and that men that have forgotten more than you will ever know about judging NFL talent shouldn't be able to single out one of these QBs most worthy of being the first QB selected. Got it.

You and 'saders are both Stark Co born and bred - are you also a Stillers' fan ?
No I'm a Browns fan. Which is why I don't want to waste the pick on a mediocre QB in desperation. Take the best player available regardless of position. If it's Barkley, if it's Fitzpatrick, if it's a D or O lineman...the Browns have needs at every level of the team. Build a competitive roster, the rest will take care of itself. A strong line, guys who can consistently make plays, a defense that gets stops and turns people over will improve the play of the QB and results on the field.

Getting a Brady or Rodgers is dumb luck...I'd rather go for the more realistic model where you don't necessarily need a first ballot HOFer to thrive.
Old 03-04-18, 11:53 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
No I'm a Browns fan. Which is why I don't want to waste the pick on a mediocre QB in desperation. Take the best player available regardless of position. If it's Barkley, if it's Fitzpatrick, if it's a D or O lineman...the Browns have needs at every level of the team. Build a competitive roster, the rest will take care of itself. A strong line, guys who can consistently make plays, a defense that gets stops and turns people over will improve the play of the QB and results on the field.

Getting a Brady or Rodgers is dumb luck...I'd rather go for the more realistic model where you don't necessarily need a first ballot HOFer to thrive.
They can do both ... they have something like 12 picks, 6 in the first 60 or so ... they can get a QB and plenty other good players ... not to mention all their cap space.
Old 03-04-18, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You haven’t brought one supporting point that Jackson is an ectomorph, let alone that his body type is an actual concern. And throwing up strawmans like “you think all tall people are ectomorphs?” Or “you don’t believe body types exist?”. Just sheer arrogant stupidity on your part, that everyone has come to expect and enjoy.

The guy is a string bean and you're acting like questioning whether he's an ectomorph is a great move. You are special kind of stupid

Structurally, ectomorphs have smaller bones and smaller joints, which means durability issues. They also struggle to add muscle compared to endomorphs and mesomorphs, which compounds the durability issues and makes strength an issue. If he wasn't an ectomorph, teams would not be concerned about his frame nor would they have doubted he could even get to 215 lbs. A guy that's 6'2" and struggles to hit 215 as an athlete is an ectomorph. Those players are usually made to play WR.

What strawman? You named NBA players as examples of ectomorphs as if an ectomorph has to be at least 6'6" and put quotes around "body type" Do you even know what you're typing at this point or have you gone full woman, just saying whatever pops into your head in a losing argument?
Old 03-04-18, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post

Bradley Chubb is 270 and ran a 4.66. Got it done against great competition, double teams. Best player in the draft.

You pulling the trigger, a la Clowney added to Watt ?

Brady was dumb luck. Rodgers, not so much.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 03-04-18 at 02:03 PM..
Old 03-04-18, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

The guy is a string bean and you're acting like questioning whether he's an ectomorph is a great move. You are special kind of stupid

Structurally, ectomorphs have smaller bones and smaller joints, which means durability issues. They also struggle to add muscle compared to endomorphs and mesomorphs, which compounds the durability issues and makes strength an issue. If he wasn't an ectomorph, teams would not be concerned about his frame nor would they have doubted he could even get to 215 lbs. A guy that's 6'2" and struggles to hit 215 as an athlete is an ectomorph. Those players are usually made to play WR.

What strawman? You named NBA players as examples of ectomorphs as if an ectomorph has to be at least 6'6" and put quotes around "body type" Do you even know what you're typing at this point or have you gone full woman, just saying whatever pops into your head in a losing argument?
Much better points. Well-muscled, fast twitch, small frame, little body fat.

You might add RGIII (skinny hurdler's knees) and Teddy Bridgewater to your counter if enjoying_p doesn't just skulk away......
Old 03-04-18, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

So he has smaller bones and less muscle mass than Darnold? Any actual evidence or are you basing it off a picture?

I said the nfl has a lot of players that would have that body type. I didn’t say they had to be tall. That’s the straw man I was referring to. Are you really this stupid or did you not know what I was talking about?

How am I losing an argument? You said he has small bones and lacks muscle mass without any proof?
Old 03-04-18, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So he has smaller bones and less muscle mass than Darnold? Any actual evidence or are you basing it off a picture?

If you can't tell Darnold has a different body type than Rosen and Jackson I might have to buy you a helmet

Quote:
I said the nfl has a lot of players that would have that body type. I didn’t say they had to be tall. That’s the straw man I was referring to. Are you really this stupid or did you not know what I was talking about?
You straight up referenced the NBA. Don't backpedal now.

I've said multiple times now players in the NFL with that body type usually play WR or in the secondary.

Quote:
How am I losing an argument? You said he has small bones and lacks muscle mass without any proof?
Body type is distinguishable by sight. I'm sorry you're not able to make these distinctions.
Old 03-04-18, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

So pictures is your proof? Does he have smaller bones? Less muscle mass?

Yes, I brought up the nba, I didn’t say you had to be tall. But keep acting goddamn stupid.

So it’s the eye test, okay.
Old 03-05-18, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

Jared Goff was 6’4 215# at the combine. Ectomorph.
Old 03-05-18, 07:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Jared Goff was 6’4 215# at the combine. Ectomorph.
Yes - not even knowing the numbers I would have said so. Wentz - mesomorph

Why belabor this point, again ?
Old 03-05-18, 07:11 PM
All Yappi

Because no one has an issue with Goff playing Qb, weirdo. Thought that was pretty obvious.
Old 03-05-18, 07:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Because no one has an issue with Goff playing Qb, weirdo. Thought that was pretty obvious.
He was also an accurate passer.
Old 03-05-18, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

You two goofs deserve each other
bump