Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-18, 08:40 AM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
if
You went from being so sure and telling all of us how good things are to using words like, "if."

What happened and how can we help?
Old 03-03-18, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
The lender and the Hall are looking for an estoppel certificate from CCS. It's a document that states the Hall is living up to the terms of the agreement between the Port Authority and the school that allows McKinley to use the facility x number of days per year. Just part of the due diligence on behalf of the lender.
Old 03-03-18, 01:15 PM
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!

DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201803...-board-meeting
Old 03-03-18, 03:45 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
The lender and the Hall are looking for an estoppel certificate from CCS. It's a document that states the Hall is living up to the terms of the agreement between the Port Authority and the school that allows McKinley to use the facility x number of days per year. Just part of the due diligence on behalf of the lender.
Thank you!

I found these portions of the article interesting:

Quote:
School board documents, which have not been approved, say the loan will provide up to $100 million and will come with several conditions:

• A new governance structure is created for the Village (the project currently is a partnership between the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Industrial Realty Group)

The documents also indicate the board only will agree to approve the paperwork needed to secure the loan if certain conditions are met, those being:

• No security for the loan is attached to any school district property
So obviously there is or was some concern over liability issues for CCS, which they look to be taking care of.

Without the rest of the Village property (actually CCS property), the only thing that can secure the bridge loan is Benson Stadium. The big question that remains is: is it wise to mortgage a very valuable piece of property like that for a short period of time? Also, who is the new Village partner? IRG and the HOF are awfully tight lipped. Might not be a big deal in the end, but it is a bit unusual.
Old 03-04-18, 07:48 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Let's review what some of our resident Yappi expert/critics have posted since the HOF Village plans were announced:

1. McK would be demolished and moved
2. The city and school district would end up paying for the construction
3. The stadium would never be ready for a game in 2017
4. The state finals would be a huge failure
5. Now the Village will never be built (says heff/chiefy/sam the b)
6. No one will step into the project at this point because of all the trouble
7. No contractors will want to come work there

Let's see how it turns out for these "experts"

Sounds like some good people are working hard to secure a loan that pays the contractors and protects the school district. Let's see what happens.
Old 03-04-18, 08:18 AM
All District

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
Film @ 11
Old 03-07-18, 09:55 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let's review what some of our resident Yappi expert/critics have posted since the HOF Village plans were announced:

1. McK would be demolished and moved
2. The city and school district would end up paying for the construction
3. The stadium would never be ready for a game in 2017
4. The state finals would be a huge failure
5. Now the Village will never be built (says heff/chiefy/sam the b)
6. No one will step into the project at this point because of all the trouble
7. No contractors will want to come work there

Let's see how it turns out for these "experts"

Sounds like some good people are working hard to secure a loan that pays the contractors and protects the school district. Let's see what happens.
I hope your confidence in this project is more reliable than your confidence in EGW "dominating" in Columbus.
Old 03-07-18, 11:04 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
I hope your confidence in this project is more reliable than your confidence in EGW "dominating" in Columbus.
No need to bring his name into the conversation, when he was going through his troubles at McK you darn well know the booster club was hoping Massillon would be the “safer” option. The rumors around town were swirling.
Old 03-08-18, 01:34 AM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Who ? Lmao
Old 03-08-18, 01:35 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
No need to bring his name into the conversation, when he was going through his troubles at McK you darn well know the booster club was hoping Massillon would be the “safer” option. The rumors around town were swirling.
Do you live your life on if, but and hopes ?
Old 03-12-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Hall of Fame Village (Not going to happen)

March 12, 2018

I see that the company that was doing the new parking lot on 25th and Fulton has taken out all of its bulldozers. So I see it as a no win situation in Canton Ohio.
Will they get in done. NO

Will the village ever get done, Hell NO, NO MONEY

And as for the New Football Building that will house the new locker room, coach offices. Forget it, Canton McKinley just got royal Screwed. Nothing in the plans for it.

Great American Capital Partners will NOT sign off on the Loan

You can take that to the Bank.

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Old 03-12-18, 09:38 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
never say never
Old 03-12-18, 12:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
March 12, 2018

And as for the New Football Building that will house the new locker room, coach offices. Forget it, Canton McKinley just got royal Screwed. Nothing in the plans for it.

Noted.
Old 03-12-18, 12:32 PM
All American

The settlement over the fraud case involving the Hoover Project expires on Wednesday. A loan must be acquired by then or else the creditors will likely move to seize the plant.

And in a not-at-all shocking coincidence, the Port Authority has a special meeting scheduled today at 3 PM, while the CCS Board of Education meets at 6 PM.

Come on, we already know where that money's gonna go! Somebody at CCS or the Port Authority STAND UP to him. He and his wife and his business partner personally pocketed $31 million while mortgaging the Hoover plant, had the audacity to say in court they "don't know" where the money went, and had the loan documents written up so they're only personally on the hook for $3 million! The projects can be completed without him. Quit letting this guy cuck you so bad and grow a pair...
Old 03-13-18, 02:21 AM
All American

CCS BOE signs loan documents:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201803...y-canton-board

Port Authority to meet Tuesday, not Monday. I imagine they are all but sure to sign.

The loan documents are not available to the public. While CCS is not loaning any money to the developers, the bridge loan must be secured by something. Other land in the Village? The HOF Village LLC itself? The point about exactly what relationship Great American Capital Partners has to IRG remains unresolved. Is Lichter "loaning" himself money? Elio Motors, folks.

Considering the limited info we have, I think this was a mistake by CCS. Lichter and putative business partner Chris Semarjian are bad actors who admit personally pocketing what rightfully belonged to the people of North Canton. It is almost certain part of this money will go towards paying off the Hoover Project, immediately putting the Village $25 million or so behind on the loan. We already know Lichter has/had the money to pay not only the Hoover creditors but also all of the local construction companies, or else he couldn't have spent $33 million the other week on the IBM campus in Minnesota. This was a missed opportunity to get rid of him. Let him and the NFL (not officially affiliated I know, but the public won't realize that) endure the bad publicity of kicking around a majority-minority school district to get rich and buy property all over the country.

Stark County Port Authority -- vote NO! Last chance, here. You're signing up for a marriage you DON'T want.
Old 03-13-18, 06:45 PM
All American

The Port Authority OK'd the loan.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201803...lage-financing

Not too much that is new in there. CCS will get a football operations facility by 2019. The developers owe the Port Authority half a million dollars, and also owe CCS $170,000 or so, but CCS also owes the developers for facility usage from last season. Loan documents remain private. There is a new partner, and that also remains private for now.

Estoppel certificate shows that the lenders have no responsibility to Canton City Schools in the event of a default by the developers. Gosh, hope they did their due diligence finding out who Great American Capital Partners is (*cough* Lichter *cough* ... allegedly, of course).

Looks like we're in with IRG for the long haul. Hope it works out.
Old 03-13-18, 08:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Hope it works out.
Do you really?
Old 03-13-18, 08:54 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
do you really?
“All is well..All is well... Move along.. Nothing to see here”.
Old 03-13-18, 09:18 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Why would CCS owe for "use of the facility"? Sounds like they may have cut a bad deal. Hopefully it's rectified with this.

And will the new governance agreement lessen IRG's role in the project?
Old 03-14-18, 05:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Do you really?
I do hope it works out. I would love to see a brand new district at Fulton and 77, complete with sporting events, concerts, hotels, bars, restaurants, tourists from all over the country, etc. NCAA championships, Black College Hall of Fame. Why wouldn't I want that? Nowhere else in the county is lighting it up these days and I want Stark County to stay on the map instead of decline. But I do have a grievance that should be very apparent, and I'll spell it out clearly if anyone is still under the delusion this is some moronic Massillon vs. Canton debate:

I can't stand the developer. He's a piece. His scamming caused a town in Louisiana to miss out on a General Motors plant that would have employed thousands -- he took the money from that municipality and spent it on growing his company instead of honoring his contracts, and still sits on the vacant property today solely to boost his balance sheet and acquire more property from desperate cities. Oops -- guess it's sorta legal because our laws suck, so no harm no foul? He did the same in North Canton and has neglected the Hoover plant for 10 years, letting it rot, and letting a nice city decay without a business base. He mixes all of the money between his business ventures, just barely skirting civil law, and then claims poverty in order to get more from taxpayers and shady lenders with whom he is very likely affiliated. His history of refusing to pay contractors is decades long. I don't like people who poor mouth. He is rumored to have lied about cleaning up an old factory in California that contained extremely hazardous chemicals, which caused dozens of people to come down with debilitating illnesses. When the sickened workers publicized this information, he sued them in court (and lost). He is a dishonest liar that gobbles up public money for personal profit, doesn't care about those whom his projects are supposed to benefit, and I really do not care for the idea that he might profit immensely off Canton's legacy. He is one of the least ethical businessmen I have ever heard of. Yet virtually every institution in Stark County, from the Port Authority to the City of Canton to Jackson Township to the Repository to the DeHoffs and whomever else, has gotten in bed with him because they are desperate not to fall into irrelevancy and have no self respect -- even though he could have been removed and replaced with someone more honest. But because he put a football in front of our faces, he has been enriched beyond his wildest dreams. But the worst part of it is just how obvious it is.

So that is the prisoner's dilemma, if you will. If you want to cheer him on, feel free. I will not.
Old 03-14-18, 07:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I do hope it works out. I would love to see a brand new district at Fulton and 77, complete with sporting events, concerts, hotels, bars, restaurants, tourists from all over the country, etc. NCAA championships, Black College Hall of Fame. Why wouldn't I want that? Nowhere else in the county is lighting it up these days and I want Stark County to stay on the map instead of decline. But I do have a grievance that should be very apparent, and I'll spell it out clearly if anyone is still under the delusion this is some moronic Massillon vs. Canton debate:

So that is the prisoner's dilemma, if you will. If you want to cheer him on, feel free. I will not.
Thanks for a thoughtful response.

Make no mistake, for a few posters, it goes no deeper than a moronic Massillon vs Canton debate. Its easy to see who they are.

For me, I want it to succeed for all the reasons you stated. I'm no Lichter cheerleader, I'm a realist that wants things to improve here. I don't care if Lichter goes to jail tomorrow - I want the positive things that will result with the project's success. I will say this: this project has many more eyes on it than a plant in Louisiana or North Canton. The New York Times has been in asking some good questions. Some negative national attention may bring Baker and the NFL to provide some leverage to move it forward?

Do we know for certain he is still part of the deal? Certainly seems he knows how to play the game well enough to embed himself contractually into any situation.

I want the contractors paid in full and then move forward with a feasible plan to ensure this doesn't occur again. The smart move is to build onto the success of the Hall (recently named the nation's #1 sports attraction of its kind) and make it a destination spot for people and corporations who may not be huge NFL fans.
Old 03-14-18, 09:33 AM
All Yappi

Cool

Quote:
thanks for a thoughtful response.

Make no mistake, for a few posters, it goes no deeper than a moronic massillon vs canton debate. Its easy to see who they are.

For me, i want it to succeed for all the reasons you stated. I'm no lichter cheerleader, i'm a realist that wants things to improve here. I don't care if lichter goes to jail tomorrow - i want the positive things that will result with the project's success. I will say this: This project has many more eyes on it than a plant in louisiana or north canton. The new york times has been in asking some good questions. Some negative national attention may bring baker and the nfl to provide some leverage to move it forward?

Do we know for certain he is still part of the deal? Certainly seems he knows how to play the game well enough to embed himself contractually into any situation.

I want the contractors paid in full and then move forward with a feasible plan to ensure this doesn't occur again. The smart move is to build onto the success of the hall (recently named the nation's #1 sports attraction of its kind) and make it a destination spot for people and corporations who may not be huge nfl fans.
outstanding!!!!!

This is iudogs signing off.
Old 03-14-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Cool

March 12, 2018

I see that the company that was doing the new parking lot on 25th and Fulton has taken out all of its bulldozers. So I see it as a no win situation in Canton Ohio.

It's March 14, 2018

Boy, do I look stupid. Would like a good bottle of red wine with my crow, please.

Hope the Hall of Fame Village project moves forward now without any more problems.

Old 03-14-18, 10:00 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks for a thoughtful response.

Make no mistake, for a few posters, it goes no deeper than a moronic Massillon vs Canton debate. Its easy to see who they are.

For me, I want it to succeed for all the reasons you stated. I'm no Lichter cheerleader, I'm a realist that wants things to improve here. I don't care if Lichter goes to jail tomorrow - I want the positive things that will result with the project's success. I will say this: this project has many more eyes on it than a plant in Louisiana or North Canton. The New York Times has been in asking some good questions. Some negative national attention may bring Baker and the NFL to provide some leverage to move it forward?

I want the contractors paid in full and then move forward with a feasible plan to ensure this doesn't occur again. The smart move is to build onto the success of the Hall (recently named the nation's #1 sports attraction of its kind) and make it a destination spot for people and corporations who may not be huge NFL fans.
It will always be a destination spot for football fans period. That's where the concentration should be. This idea of the next Disneyland is a fantasy.

I don't think it's as much hoping it fails as being realistic.
Old 03-14-18, 10:49 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
It will always be a destination spot for football fans period. That's where the concentration should be. This idea of the next Disneyland is a fantasy.

I don't think it's as much hoping it fails as being realistic.
Exactly, the argument made by “one” that Massillon fans want this to fail is just an ignorant debate. The HOF isn’t going to make the mckinley football program better or worse.
The debate is that the unrealistic expectations made at the start of this project were laughable at best.
Disneyland type attractions and water parks and sky lifts to downtown are just unrealistic. Nobody is going to the HOF for a week so they can play in a water park and why on Earth would anyone want to go to downtown Canton ? If they are going to have restaurants at the HOF there would be no reason to leave that area.
Old 03-14-18, 11:09 AM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
GregG will donate one of the finest red to IUDOGS....Ladies and Gentlemen Sutter Homes 2015.

The HOF project is a disaster, for those who have always criticized the project itself (not how it was constructed); what would you do to bring new steady cash flow to the area?
Old 03-14-18, 11:44 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
It will always be a destination spot for football fans period. That's where the concentration should be. This idea of the next Disneyland is a fantasy. I don't think it's as much hoping it fails as being realistic.
I really don't understand these comments. Yes - it's already a destination for football fans. They don't need targeted. The smart goal is to reach beyond that base customer. It's the way business is done.

No one with any sense (and no one I heard who is involved in the project) ever said anything about "Disneyland" They are trying to make it a spot for companies to bring employees for corporate trainings or for corporations to set up a regional headquarters. It's centered around the corporate client, not a vacation spot. Given the planned amenities, could a family come spend a weekend? Sure. But they want to become the premier conference location.

"Disneyland" and "just being realistic" are small-minded comments from small-time thinkers in small-town dwellings. Time for some new ideas, which scares such people. The worst thing we could do is give up now. Let's re-boot, make the needed changes and move forward.
Old 03-14-18, 11:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
It's March 14, 2018

Boy, do I look stupid. Would like a good bottle of red wine with my crow, please.

Hope the Hall of Fame Village project moves forward now without any more problems.

You're not the only one who said it would never happen, but you are the only one so far to come back and admit it. Let's see what happens moving forward. Long way to go but let's hope its a step in the right direction.
Old 03-14-18, 12:10 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I really don't understand these comments. Yes - it's already a destination for football fans. They don't need targeted. The smart goal is to reach beyond that base customer. It's the way business is done.

No one with any sense (and no one I heard who is involved in the project) ever said anything about "Disneyland" They are trying to make it a spot for companies to bring employees for corporate trainings or for corporations to set up a regional headquarters. It's centered around the corporate client, not a vacation spot. Given the planned amenities, could a family come spend a weekend? Sure. But they want to become the premier conference location.

"Disneyland" and "just being realistic" are small-minded comments from small-time thinkers in small-town dwellings. Time for some new ideas, which scares such people. The worst thing we could do is give up now. Let's re-boot, make the needed changes and move forward.
As usual wrong again...
http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201706...f-fame-village
Old 03-14-18, 12:12 PM
Cooling Off

http://www.cantonrep.com/special/201...ge-coming-soon
Nope none of this sounds like they want to make it a vacation spot.
Seriously do you do any fact checking before you post or just say screw it prople are going to believe whatever I say ???
Closed Thread