Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-18, 01:00 PM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
I think he might be to busy updating his social media accounts.
Workout mirror selfies?
Old 03-09-18, 03:40 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Rusty Nail so your not happy with the Irish Hire?
Old 03-09-18, 04:16 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Maybe this guy will clean up the program and reputation that is still staining it because of the basketball side. Other than being a choir boy and being a guy to smile and kiss babies, not sure what they see in him. It appears they are just bowing down to Coach T. How is Willie keeping his job as AD?
Is this guy for real!?! And Hoban fans call Irish fans hypocrites for calling out any of Hoban's indiscretions.
Old 03-10-18, 06:28 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe this guy will clean up the program and reputation that is still staining it because of the basketball side. Other than being a choir boy and being a guy to smile and kiss babies, not sure what they see in him. It appears they are just bowing down to Coach T. How is Willie keeping his job as AD?
Nothing to clean up with the program or the reputation. "Coach T" and the Hoban football team are the ones on probation and have the reputation issue. St V has never won a title in any sport while their coach or school is on probation.

How is Willie keeping his job? In 2016 he hired Harry Lester (United States Olympian....bronze medalist in the 2006 and 2007 World Championships) to be the wrestling coach. The wrestling team made it to Columbus for the 2018 State Wrestling Duals in February, and has 5 wrestlers at state competing in Columbus this weekend. Pretty good hire for an AD.

New assistant girls basketball coach (Edith Spivey) was added to the coaching staff this year. Coach Spivey is a member of the Ohio High School Coaches Hall of Fame. Pretty nice hire for the AD.

Quality coaches in other sports have been added as well under Willie's leadership.

Willie has been AD since 2015 and has had no issues with himself or any of his coaches or school having to deal with the embarrassment of being on probation.

Pretty easy to see why Willie is keeping his job.
Old 03-11-18, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Nothing to clean up with the program or the reputation. "Coach T" and the Hoban football team are the ones on probation and have the reputation issue. St V has never won a title in any sport while their coach or school is on probation.

How is Willie keeping his job? In 2016 he hired Harry Lester (United States Olympian....bronze medalist in the 2006 and 2007 World Championships) to be the wrestling coach. The wrestling team made it to Columbus for the 2018 State Wrestling Duals in February, and has 5 wrestlers at state competing in Columbus this weekend. Pretty good hire for an AD.

New assistant girls basketball coach (Edith Spivey) was added to the coaching staff this year. Coach Spivey is a member of the Ohio High School Coaches Hall of Fame. Pretty nice hire for the AD.

Quality coaches in other sports have been added as well under Willie's leadership.

Willie has been AD since 2015 and has had no issues with himself or any of his coaches or school having to deal with the embarrassment of being on probation.

Some friendly advice Football Fan 1-

Old 03-11-18, 05:49 PM
All District

Thanks Clark. Very good advice and much appreciated.
Old 03-11-18, 07:56 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
This guy does not represent all Hoban fans. Anyone that thinks SVSM sports are worth getting an AD fired is not paying attention. Irish are one of the best sports schools in Ohio and has been for a long time. No way around it. Football will be in good hands next year.
Old 03-12-18, 07:27 AM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
I was still curious of Coach Nickol's background? Does anyone have any information about him? Where did he play high school ball, did he play college, where has his coaching stops been? I think this could be a good hire, I was just curious in regards to his background?
Old 03-12-18, 08:16 AM
Varsity

bagobones is on a distinguished road
Went to Barberton and Kent State. Don't know if he played at Kent.
Old 03-12-18, 10:45 AM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

By your post it is easy to tell you are not as dialed in to this situation as me....

I heard there are a lot of upset people with Willie. He is not returning the calls of concerned parents...
Old 03-12-18, 11:37 AM
All District

Quote:
By your post it is easy to tell you are not as dialed in to this situation as me....

I heard there are a lot of upset people with Willie. He is not returning the calls of concerned parents...
Nice that you "ducked" the school with the true reputation issue. Just a reminder since you brought it up.

I'm just as dialed into the situation as you are. There are always going to be parents that aren't happy with how things are going. The good news is that the players and the parents have choices. If they are unhappy, they will leave and there will be others to take their place.

Hope you saw the wrestling coach that Willie brought in just led his team to a 5th place finish in the state and crowned an individual state champion.

Basketball team seems pretty happy and focused as they just won their 10th straight district championship.

Girls basketball team made it to the sweet 16.

Early reviews on the new football coach have been very positive.

Not too sure what the parents you are talking to could be that upset about.....
Old 03-12-18, 11:44 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nice that you "ducked" the school with the true reputation issue. Just a reminder since you brought it up.

I'm just as dialed into the situation as you are. There are always going to be parents that aren't happy with how things are going. The good news is that the players and the parents have choices. If they are unhappy, they will leave and there will be others to take their place.

Hope you saw the wrestling coach that Willie brought in just led his team to a 5th place finish in the state and crowned an individual state champion.

Basketball team seems pretty happy and focused as they just won their 10th straight district championship.

Girls basketball team made it to the sweet 16.

Early reviews on the new football coach have been very positive.

Not too sure what the parents you are talking to could be that upset about.....
I haven’t heard anything bad on the hire.
Old 03-12-18, 01:15 PM
Varsity

bagobones is on a distinguished road
Bring back Andy Jalwan
Old 03-12-18, 02:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagobones View Post
Bring back Andy Jalwan
He would be crazy to leave his position!
Old 03-12-18, 03:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
He would be crazy to leave his position!
I'm guessing that was sarcasm.
Old 03-12-18, 05:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I'm guessing that was sarcasm.
No.

Heís making more money and is in a great school system. He knows what heís doing. Letís not forget the STRS retirement is fantastic!

Private schools donít pay as much compared to publicís. Pay up or see great staff and/or faculty jump ship. STVM lost a very good AD!
Old 03-13-18, 06:03 AM
All American

Quote:
No.

Heís making more money and is in a great school system. He knows what heís doing. Letís not forget the STRS retirement is fantastic!

Private schools donít pay as much compared to publicís. Pay up or see great staff and/or faculty jump ship. STVM lost a very good AD!
I'm not going to argue the relative merits of an AD from several years ago other than to say his attention to anything other than football was, shall we say, a little unfocused.
Old 03-13-18, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

ROCKETBOOSTER is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The wrestling team has been steady for years. These were Anthony Gary's guys and the ship jumpers from Walsh Jesuit and everyone knows that. As a matter of fact you can argue that some in the program regressed this year. Lets see what Harry Lester does over the next five years developing talent.
Old 03-13-18, 12:20 PM
All Region

If STVM hires the right assistants, they will be in great shape!
Old 03-13-18, 01:14 PM
All American

Quote:
If STVM hires the right assistants, they will be in great shape!
From what I am hearing, so long as they don't re-hire one assistant, they should be in good shape!
Old 03-13-18, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
From what I am hearing, so long as they don't re-hire one assistant, they should be in good shape!
Going to be interesting to see what happens with the current crew. I understand some are already out looking.
Old 03-13-18, 06:50 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Going to be interesting to see what happens with the current crew. I understand some are already out looking.
I hope/expect the two on the school's staff will return. New coach would would be foolish to not retain these qualified, well respected coaches.
Old 03-13-18, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
I hope/expect the two on the school's staff will return. New coach would would be foolish to not retain these qualified, well respected coaches.
True. Need to keep the real talent that the kids respect.
Old 03-13-18, 09:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Him and Usagent5161 could be a dangerous threat coaching together
Old 03-18-18, 10:29 AM
All District

Early returns on Coach Nickol have been very positive. To say heís been well received by the players and staff in the building would be an understatement.

He and Coach Wattley get along extremely well. Looks like it will be a smooth transition to the new coach...which isnít always the case.

Lots of excitement for St V football as they look to build on their DIII semi final appearance from a year ago.