Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-31-18, 02:11 PM
All Region

bigmac27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
LOL. Love your opening line!

This is where quality administrators can do some leg work and find quality teachers willing to coach in their district. Why make it harder on yourself and hire someone in a PE job who will never coach. Find a math teacher that coaches basketball. A history teacher willing to coach baseball. Sports, whether you agree or not, drive a school, and its an admins job to make sure they have not only proficient educators, but those willing to coach too.
:c lap:
Old 01-31-18, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Just a few points-

At the end of the day, the job a week ago was the same exact job he took a year ago. No more, no less. To bail on the program and the kids now, being in the same position he was when he took the job, is disingenuous.

As for 123kidz comments about the offense, there were complaints about him at Hoban that he didn't use his personnel wisely. Fortunately, he had a D1 All-State back in Sibley, so it didn't matter.
Old 01-31-18, 02:27 PM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Just a few points-

At the end of the day, the job a week ago was the same exact job he took a year ago. No more, no less. To bail on the program and the kids now, being in the same position he was when he took the job, is disingenuous.

As for 123kidz comments about the offense, there were complaints about him at Hoban that he didn't use his personnel wisely. Fortunately, he had a D1 All-State back in Sibley, so it didn't matter.
Yeah it's easy to win a chess match if you get all queens.
Old 01-31-18, 03:10 PM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
1. If you want to be high school head football coach, you probably should go into education.

2. If you want your head coach to "be a part of the community", you probably should hire one that can work at the school.

Obviously there are exceptions but these two things would certainly make things easier. Seemed like an odd fit on both sides.
Old 01-31-18, 04:33 PM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Maybe he has the inside track on the St V job that just opened up???
Old 01-31-18, 05:21 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Maybe he has the inside track on the St V job that just opened up???
Or maybe Timmy's getting the band back together at some place other than Hoban...
Old 01-31-18, 05:46 PM
All Ohio

I actually wasn’t being a smart $&@ but maybe.
Old 01-31-18, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
I actually wasnít being a smart $&@ but maybe.
I was actually being a smart $&@. No way this guy ends up at SVSM. Not in a million years.
Old 01-31-18, 06:00 PM
All District

RickKnight33 is on a distinguished road
Way too much bad blood between Hoban staff since Tyrell arrived with St. V. I think they will hire Irvin. This job stays open 2 weeks tops. Wattley wouldn't spring it on them.
Old 01-31-18, 06:15 PM
All Ohio

The bad blood started about 5 games ago.

I must confess, I may have been a little bit of a smart $&@ Clark.
Old 02-01-18, 08:03 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
My post was not a bash for someone who does not have a degree so lighten up.

It was a bash to someone who talks like they are a big shot on twitter and karma catches up with them.
TTTIO had the weakest coach in Ohio. Not a good fit. I really felt sorry for those boys with that saying getting out like it did. He did them zero favors with that. Should have kept it in house.
Old 02-01-18, 08:12 AM
All Region

lightspeed84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
I agree that those willing to coach should get some sort of bonus point on the hiring scale. If you've got two teachers close to ability, the one willing to coach or participate in extra curricular should get the job. Ultimately, administrators are going to pick those that can improve their scores on the district report cards. Until athletics becomes a scoring objective on those reports, it's just not the priority and that's despite what any research may say about learning and extra curriculars. There are many teachers hired that do those things, but they just aren't in the limelight of athletics.
This is basically what happens to a certain extent in interviews, A guy like myself says they will participate in coaching, extra circulars, etc, etc, Two years later after we get married, have kids, get sick of being a pissed on for small amount of money and we quit coaching and just teach. We then use our free time to enjoy our families, have hobbies, work summer jobs that produce twice the income of coaching with none of the hassle. I interview for two HC jobs in the last 5 years, both times I made it clear that if they expected me to teach an entire day as a head coach, they were out of their minds and it would be unfair to my family and myself. I bascially asked them to create a CBI job for me. They didnt and here I am typing on yappi
Old 02-06-18, 09:25 AM
Junior Varsity

50Hybrid is on a distinguished road
Does anyone think Trent Shaffer will return to Triway and go for that Head Coaching position now that he didn't get the Smithville job? They wouldn't have to get him in the building or make alleged promises like their old coach needed.
Old 02-28-18, 11:00 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Working in Wooster today with a Triway guy. He tells me a funny story that I thought was impossible. Turns out to be very true.

Sarachman messaged a bunch of kids on the Triway football team very early Saturday morning. He asked them to be vocal and support his bid to be the Triway football coach. He claims that he'll reapply for the position he resigned from in February.
Old 02-28-18, 02:13 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
I'm sure they will be vocal...to keep that guy away. Far far away!
Old 03-07-18, 09:25 AM
All Region

Orrville Man is on a distinguished road
should be interviewing ASAP
Old 03-15-18, 07:43 AM
Freshman

Team Titan is on a distinguished road
Any news on this topic ? What is the word on Shaffer?
Old 03-15-18, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
From this morning, it sounds like Eric Brenner has been chosen as the new Triway football coach.
https://twitter.com/AaronDorksen/sta...79782824333313
Quote:
@AaronDorksen
I'm hearing Eric Brenner named this morning as new Triway head football coach. He was a 2017 finalist when school opted to go w/ Drew Sarachman, who stepped down after 1 year. Good luck @CoachBrenner - asst coach for father-in-law Tony Lee on some really good past Triway teams.

Last edited by thePITman; 03-15-18 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-20-18, 11:45 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Does the dude have a resume line other than relative of previous good coach?
Old 03-20-18, 01:04 PM
Freshman

Blittle749 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Does the dude have a resume line other than relative of previous good coach?
He coached at Triway 5 years. Coached at Orrville last year. Same guy that pouted on Facebook after he didn't get the job last season and started to treat the football kids poorly and took all his Titan garb down in the classroom.

I liked Tony Lee, hell I even liked last last coach and they probably made the playoffs if not for injuries. This hire smells like they just wanted to satisfy Tony and get someone in the building which is a pluss.

Good news is little Titans and middle school programs are in good shape.

Too bad it might not matter since the supperintendents kids will be kickin our up and down the field against Manchester like he has did in middle school.... thats another story though.
Old 03-21-18, 09:50 PM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairCoach View Post
Didnít know you needed a bachelors degree to coach football. Show me a coach that has his degree in coaching football? Nick Saban? Nope Bachelors in business who does that help with football? Jim Tressel? Nope not in football. Urban Meyer? Nope not in football. So why does a bachelors matter for coaching football? It doesnít.

Now for the smug comment above. Are you serious? There are a lot of good people out there who are very successful with only GEDís. What does having a bachelors today prove? Nothing. Talk to how many people major in business and have trouble finding jobs or Art or History or hell teaching itís even hard to find a job in Ohio at least. So enough with the comments of someone not having a bachelors degree cause I better you wouldnít make those comments to the coaches face or anyone else who never went to college.
It is a huge advantage to have all coaches in the school buildings during the day. They use that time to develop a rapport with the players and other students who may be able to help you. It makes them available for conversations with the AD about potential issues being faced. I can go on and on--but the bottom line extracurricular personnel who are not in the buildings during the day pose a real issue for administrators.