Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-04-18, 08:45 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
I hope this young man is successful wherever he attends. I hope the family is not reading this BS.

I know the family personally, I coached the young man and I can tell you his Dad doesn't read this stuff. His dad is an awesome person and will only do what's best for all his children. I've personally not called about this issue. I can tell you I'd be surprised if the young man leaves Manchester. Good luck to tthe entire family with your decision.
Old 02-04-18, 02:11 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Stizo and TopCat, please read the entire post before you respond to me. My reference to St. Paul is an answer to a specific question asked about where Hobanís second back came from.

I donít care if this kid comes or goes. I am not going to give you my credentials to let you understand why I have forgotten more about recruiting and high school football than both of you have ever known. Most of of my posts are goofy because I am making fun of you self proclaimed experts.

And I know he is from Manchester. I actually read the thread. What this family decides to do with their children is their own business and this has been my theme all along. That must be a hard concept for you simpletons. Leave the kids future to the adults.
I did read your posts. That is why I posted what I did. I will stand by what I said.
Old 02-04-18, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I am now curious Stizo. What did I say that you have such a problem with? I like reasonable debate. What did I say that made you feel you should attack my knowledge or understanding. is this a Hoban bs Manchester thing or is there something I said that was not correct? I am willing to listen and have an adult conversation contrary to your belief.
Old 02-04-18, 03:12 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I am now curious Stizo. What did I say that you have such a problem with? I like reasonable debate. What did I say that made you feel you should attack my knowledge or understanding. is this a Hoban bs Manchester thing or is there something I said that was not correct? I am willing to listen and have an adult conversation contrary to your belief.
Good luck finding an adult conversation on Yappi. They're pretty rare.
Old 02-04-18, 05:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I sure apologize if I suggested that playing for Hoban was different in any way as playing for Manchester. I obviously do not know anything about football. There is no reason to think a top tier player from Manchester wouldnít just walk into Hoban and take over....my bad. Again, I am sure he is a great kid from a wonderful family as most kids are.
Old 02-05-18, 02:00 AM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thatís not true! If you donít take it back, Iíll have my Dad come over and beat up your Dad !
Old 02-05-18, 03:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye53 View Post
Thatís not true! If you donít take it back, Iíll have my Dad come over and beat up your Dad !
Iím rubber and youíre glue, bounces off me and sticks on you.
Old 02-05-18, 04:14 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Stiz has also told everyone that Northwest and Orville would dismantle everyone in the PAC on arrival so....... everyone's still waiting on that prophecy.
Old 02-06-18, 12:02 PM
All District

Make a Play is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
First things first. Bobby77, from one Catholic school guy to another, you have no clue. That goes for football, talent, or recruiting. You just have no idea and you prove it with every post. I could explain myself, but you will never understand. Leave the thinking to the adults. Just go to your Hoban games and enjoy your victories.

Secondly, the Wright kid is staying at Manchester. He was being courted by every private school and a few publics (Yes you Massillon and Buchtel) in Summit, Stark, and Cuyahoga Counties including my own alma mater (Don't know what that is, look up some of my past posts but I wish we could have got him). He will not play QB at Manchester. They do not need him to play QB. All they need to do is hand off to him.

Thirdly, he is being recruited by every school in the Big Ten, the MAC, the ACC, and by many schools in every other major conference including the SEC (Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, LSU) , the Big 12 (Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State) and the PAC 12 (Washington, Washington State, Arizona, UCLA). They have already found him. He does not need to be discovered. He is being projected as a slot/WR in college unless he can put on 20 pounds of muscle without losing speed. How do I know? Because it is my business to know.

With him at RB and the other weapons Manchester has they will be the odds on favorite to win their region next year. Anyone who knows my history and how I feel about Manchester knows that is not what I usually say. I just can not stand anymore stupid posts by people who do not know.
Old 02-07-18, 05:33 PM
All Ohio

How many kids signed today at Manchester....asking for a friend.
Old 02-07-18, 09:12 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How many kids signed today at Manchester....asking for a friend.

Tell your friend that Nick Beans is the only signed commit today. Notre Dame College.
Old 02-07-18, 09:23 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Tell your friend that Nick Beans is the only signed commit today. Notre Dame College.
That question didnít even deserve an answer because of how it was asked based on Bobbyís earlier posts and sarcasim towards Manchester football.

Congrats to Nick Beans on getting to play college football at the next level.
Old 02-07-18, 09:24 PM
All Ohio

He said thanks for the info. Congrats and good luck to him from me...and my friend too.
Old 02-07-18, 09:29 PM
All Ohio

Football fan I have nothing against any high school football team. We were having good debate on the plus and minus of going to Hoban vs staying at Manchester. I understand I am the horrible guy because I lean to Hoban and so be it. I was slammed for no reason other than my opinion being different. I have no other choice but to be sarcastic. I am happy for this young man and truly wish all student athletes that have this opportunity the best. It is truly hard work yielding results and I have nothing but respect for that.
Old 02-08-18, 11:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
That question didnít even deserve an answer because of how it was asked based on Bobbyís earlier posts and sarcasim towards Manchester football.

Congrats to Nick Beans on getting to play college football at the next level.
You know, I'm not into all the agendas that posters have on Yappi. It all seems a little infantile to me. He asked a question and I answered it.
Old 02-08-18, 04:51 PM
All Ohio

I asked the question because I was curious about the answer due to being relevant to our discussion. It really is that simple. Some of you obviously feel very strongly about Ethan Wright and I respect that. I do not know him but wish him and your program the best of luck.
Old 02-15-18, 02:06 PM
All Region

http://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/arti...or-Vote-in-May

If this passes, I think transfers will slow down considerably.
Old 02-15-18, 07:03 PM
All Ohio

it will cut down on situations like the one discussed on this thread where it seems to be sports motivated (I don’t know the kid so I can’t say for sure). There are alot of transient families that move from district to district that represent the majority of transfer activity that will not be impacted. I think if you are willing to sacrifice 50% of a season that is quite a stiff penalty already.
Old 02-16-18, 11:47 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Where was the thread where you mentioned about Nate transferring from Tallmadge to Hoban and him taking a beating? I was going to say I agree that he made a decision that benefitted him and it paid off.

I was going to take your side on that post (I think it was deleted). He took a risk transferring and it paid off. The kid was getting killed out there and transferred.

When a beast plays with multiple beasts, expect maximum carnage!
Transfer bylaw changing thread
Old 02-17-18, 02:18 PM
All Ohio

Hey everyone look!!! Cougar and DB agree on something.
Old 02-20-18, 06:05 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
I haven't been on here for a while. Just saw a post of mine was drawn into question. I was just trying to clarify what I thought was a discrepancy. I thought there was some question about where Wright came from. Didn't realize the talk had turned to someone else in mid-thread.
Old 02-20-18, 06:13 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I haven't been on here for a while. Just saw a post of mine was drawn into question. I was just trying to clarify what I thought was a discrepancy. I thought there was some question about where Wright came from. Didn't realize the talk had turned to someone else in mid-thread.
Trust me TopCat. Being away from this thread was a good thing!
Old 02-20-18, 10:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Trust me TopCat. Being away from this thread was a good thing!
I meant to answer a question asked about a second team Hoban RB and was mistaken for saying Ethan is from a Catholic school which we all know he is not.
It was made very clear that I know nothing. For what itís worth I was not clear. No harm no foul.
Old 02-26-18, 10:14 AM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I meant to answer a question asked about a second team Hoban RB and was mistaken for saying Ethan is from a Catholic school which we all know he is not.
It was made very clear that I know nothing. For what itís worth I was not clear. No harm no foul.
I didn't say you didn't know anything. If it came off that way I didn't mean it that way. Now Stiz is another matter. He's always out to win friends and influence people. Just ask any PAC poster.
Old 03-04-18, 05:13 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Bobby and some of the other Hoban posters seem a bit salty over missing out on that "mediocre" Manchester talent.
Old 03-04-18, 07:24 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Bobby and some of the other Hoban posters seem a bit salty over missing out on that "mediocre" Manchester talent.
Not sure where that comes from? Appears that family made a decision to stay put based on the fact said transfer was told he would be more suited to play a position other than RB and would not probably play defense at Hoban. That and pressure from the hometown crowd may keep him at home. And thatís great. Because itís the families decision to do what they think is best for their son, and no one is salty over that.
Old 03-05-18, 10:53 AM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
Just saw the kid's highlight film. Very impressive. Glad he's staying.
Old 03-05-18, 06:49 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=Stizostedion;7001652]Bobby and some of the other Hoban posters seem a bit salty over missing out on that "mediocre" Manchester talent.

Nope and never said he was mediocre. I just implied that he would not stand out as much at Hoban and wouldnít even be the best in his grade. The young man is a good athlete and I wish him luck. This is a family decision.
Old 03-08-18, 09:15 AM
All Region

I can't remember if this was posted earlier and I'm too lazy to check, but the DC Coach Forret is returning. It appears he has worked out his work schedule and can coach again.
Old 03-14-18, 03:50 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
I can't remember if this was posted earlier and I'm too lazy to check, but the DC Coach Forret is returning. It appears he has worked out his work schedule and can coach again.
Ask some of the Manchester alums if they are happy with that especially guys who played under McDowell or Robinson when they were the DC.