Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-17, 06:20 PM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
West Geauga coach search? Any ideas who?

After last years blown hire by the superintendent and Athletic Director, the search is on for another new head coach! Any ideas? Iím guessing MOONEY from NDCL!
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-14-17, 10:55 PM
buno67 buno67 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-27-15
Posts: 80
buno67 is on a distinguished road
Mooney could do better than West G. Best bet would be to stay until a top tier job opens up.
  #3  
Old 12-15-17, 08:39 AM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
NDCL cupboards are bare after this year for the near future, I could see him taking job, remember a public school teaching job comes with it! That alone is huge pay increase from Catholic teaching salaries!
  #4  
Old 12-15-17, 09:10 AM
Dee Lou Chanel Dee Lou Chanel is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 72
Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
Mooney could do better than West G. Best bet would be to stay until a top tier job opens up.
Is a teaching job involved? I would think any teacher would have to consider that.
  #5  
Old 12-15-17, 10:27 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,559
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Hearing from some NDCL types that all is not great with Mooney. Good game day coach and folks like the Ws but some say that he may be more worried about Mooney than the kids and the future health of the program. The upper class-men are Ben's guys and he is not great at creating excitement in the program with very low numbers on the Frosh team, indicates he may be looking to bail.
  #6  
Old 12-15-17, 11:16 AM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Auggie Iím with you, Iím not sure if Mooney great coach as well, Iíve heard rumors good and bad! But 100% better than what westg had! Any ideas who else is out there? A kenston, mentor, Willoughby south coordinator?
  #7  
Old 12-16-17, 08:46 AM
BoomBoom BoomBoom is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-28-17
Posts: 156
BoomBoom is on a distinguished road
Give Jason Hall a call at Westlake.

Ex Massillon head coach. Westlake has to be sick of him.
  #8  
Old 12-17-17, 11:17 PM
perry1480 perry1480 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-01
Location: PTO via CFO
Posts: 5,860
perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Ok, I may be the only guy saying it, but Javorek may be the best option.

I don't even know if he's applying.
  #9  
Old 12-18-17, 01:53 PM
chestrockwell chestrockwell is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-02-17
Posts: 14
chestrockwell is on a distinguished road
hire the wrestling coach. he has 25 plus yrs of losing. that would fit the wg model
  #10  
Old 12-18-17, 05:40 PM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
The wrestling coach would be the west g model. But with the resent levy fail, open enrollment one year but not the next then bringing it back,newberry turning west g down for a school merge. I would think West g might actually try to put a winner in the community and shed this loser mentality! So I have high hopes this year. Maybe a Larry Pinto heís not the head coach at Mayfield anymore or what about a Kenston/Mentor Coach?
  #11  
Old 12-25-17, 12:54 AM
parkhaven parkhaven is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-13-10
Posts: 224
parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westgbooster View Post
NDCL cupboards are bare after this year for the near future, I could see him taking job, remember a public school teaching job comes with it! That alone is huge pay increase from Catholic teaching salaries!
You are kidding, right? McDonald, Urda, Mitchell, Hoenigan, Medves, Roberts, Robinson and Rabil are all returning. Where do you get your information from? As far as money goes, NDCL can pay Mooney more than any public school can with or without him teaching anything. LOL! They cleared $160,000 out of their athletics programs last year as a consequence of the success of the football program. Do you really think they are going to give that up? NDCL is not Benedictine. It it a wealthy, upper middle class school that excels in academics where football is a profitable athletic diversion. Everything that Benedictine isn't. Beyond that, I heard that the NDCL CYO team was loaded and most of them are going to NDCL.
  #12  
Old 12-25-17, 07:29 PM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Im very familiar with the talent returning and the talent they graduated , im also very familiar with there acedemics and wealth. Itís no hawken or Gilmore or University as in cost! But still a top notch academy. Iím also familiar with NDCL freshman football troubles! And that CYO is loaded from what I hear but thatís years away! My point is public school teachers are the golden ticket. And I could see Mooney going for the teaching job thatís all.
  #13  
Old 12-27-17, 11:49 AM
chestrockwell chestrockwell is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-02-17
Posts: 14
chestrockwell is on a distinguished road
I hear the coach from WRA is getting the job. I am guessing that based on current status of program this will be a fail.
  #14  
Old 12-27-17, 01:16 PM
Dee Lou Chanel Dee Lou Chanel is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 72
Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
They just hired a guy (craemer) that was at like 8 programs in 10 years. If it is this guy, then maybe stability isn't their thing.

Feel bad for those folks. Looks like the AD/Superintendent's forte is not hiring coaches. Maybe having to take members of the old staff is limiting getting them a real coach.

Good news for NDCL, Benny. I saw a lot of those WG kids at St. Mary's playing CYO.

Last edited by Dee Lou Chanel; 12-27-17 at 06:02 PM.
  #15  
Old 12-28-17, 07:25 AM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Whatever Dee Lou Chanel, Iím hoping for a good hire as well! But the longer this drags on
I donít believe itís going to end well. Iím with you on the staff as well, they need to go. Anyone that was attached to last years debacle is directly responsible for it. They let the kids run the practices as well as the games. Not a grown up challenged them! Personal fouls every week, penalties every third play (embarrassing) ending practices early every night, kids fighting yelling at coaches, playing after being arrested, kids punching each other at practice,no effort given in weight room or practices , kids ripped up anther teams locker room,coaches just watching and laughing during practice. Coaches could have stepped up thrown a kid or two off the team but chose not to do anything! This is unforgivable and if they bring any coach back from that staff the AD and Superintendent and Principal should all be let go.. last year was a disgrace on and off the field, but not one adult would step up and say STOP! #startfresh Donít put a new coach into a bad situation by bringing back an old tired staff
  #16  
Old 12-29-17, 12:19 AM
Dee Lou Chanel Dee Lou Chanel is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 72
Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestrockwell View Post
hire the wrestling coach. he has 25 plus yrs of losing. that would fit the wg model
My friend there said the current wrestling coach is telling people he will be the new AD since the current AD is resigning.

He also said that his kid will be transferring if that were true. What a mess...
  #17  
Old 12-29-17, 07:22 AM
Broadway Joe Broadway Joe is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-16
Posts: 70
Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
You are kidding, right? McDonald, Urda, Mitchell, Hoenigan, Medves, Roberts, Robinson and Rabil are all returning. Where do you get your information from? As far as money goes, NDCL can pay Mooney more than any public school can with or without him teaching anything. LOL! They cleared $160,000 out of their athletics programs last year as a consequence of the success of the football program. Do you really think they are going to give that up? NDCL is not Benedictine. It it a wealthy, upper middle class school that excels in academics where football is a profitable athletic diversion. Everything that Benedictine isn't. Beyond that, I heard that the NDCL CYO team was loaded and most of them are going to NDCL.

That is correct, we win consistently, we don't print t-shirts for "just making the playoffs", our kids don't cry and make excuses after they lose, neither do the parents, and we have a $hit ton of banners hanging in our gym that say FOOTBALL State Champions.... Please, 2 years of being relevant, and that's even a stretch, doesn't constitute being successful. And these aren't even Mooney's kids, they are the train wreck at US kids. The freshman class can barely field a competent team, so as he said the cupboard is bare. And I know you just didn't say that the 7th and 8th grade NDES team is loaded, come on , even you are better than that.

What a disgrace to the real Cathedral Latin Guys, people like this who boast about clearing $160,000, like that is some accomplishment. "NDCL, home of elite academics, socialite families, and back burner athletics". Get real man, 1 of those 3 things is real, and it's not the first 2.
  #18  
Old 12-29-17, 08:03 AM
Dee Lou Chanel Dee Lou Chanel is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 72
Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
That is correct, we win consistently, we don't print t-shirts for "just making the playoffs", our kids don't cry and make excuses after they lose, neither do the parents, and we have a $hit ton of banners hanging in our gym that say FOOTBALL State Champions.... Please, 2 years of being relevant, and that's even a stretch, doesn't constitute being successful. And these aren't even Mooney's kids, they are the train wreck at US kids. The freshman class can barely field a competent team, so as he said the cupboard is bare. And I know you just didn't say that the 7th and 8th grade NDES team is loaded, come on , even you are better than that.

What a disgrace to the real Cathedral Latin Guys, people like this who boast about clearing $160,000, like that is some accomplishment. "NDCL, home of elite academics, socialite families, and back burner athletics". Get real man, 1 of those 3 things is real, and it's not the first 2.
I know those coaches at their CYO program. Very nice people. The current 8th grade team lost in the semifinals this year after going 9-0 the year before and winning a CYO championship.

The current 7th grade has never lost a game in 4 years and won CYO championships in 6th and 7th grade.

Everytime I saw their games I talked to Benedictine coaches who were there to watch/talk to their players. They Benedictine coach told me he had gone to their practices twice.

Loaded? Yeah, that's a fair assessment. Now, do those some of those kids go back to Chardon and West G? That is the question.
  #19  
Old 12-31-17, 04:27 AM
parkhaven parkhaven is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-13-10
Posts: 224
parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything Benedictine has accomplished was derivative to Latin's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
That is correct, we win consistently, we don't print t-shirts for "just making the playoffs", our kids don't cry and make excuses after they lose, neither do the parents, and we have a $hit ton of banners hanging in our gym that say FOOTBALL State Champions.... Please, 2 years of being relevant, and that's even a stretch, doesn't constitute being successful. And these aren't even Mooney's kids, they are the train wreck at US kids. The freshman class can barely field a competent team, so as he said the cupboard is bare. And I know you just didn't say that the 7th and 8th grade NDES team is loaded, come on , even you are better than that.

What a disgrace to the real Cathedral Latin Guys, people like this who boast about clearing $160,000, like that is some accomplishment. "NDCL, home of elite academics, socialite families, and back burner athletics". Get real man, 1 of those 3 things is real, and it's not the first 2.
What is Benedictine's greatest attendance to one of their games. Go ahead an look it up so we can all have a laugh.
  #20  
Old 12-31-17, 04:38 AM
parkhaven parkhaven is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-13-10
Posts: 224
parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lou Chanel View Post
I know those coaches at their CYO program. Very nice people. The current 8th grade team lost in the semifinals this year after going 9-0 the year before and winning a CYO championship.

The current 7th grade has never lost a game in 4 years and won CYO championships in 6th and 7th grade.

Everytime I saw their games I talked to Benedictine coaches who were there to watch/talk to their players. They Benedictine coach told me he had gone to their practices twice.

Loaded? Yeah, that's a fair assessment. Now, do those some of those kids go back to Chardon and West G? That is the question.
If they are smart, they will go to NDCL. Why? The academics are superior and in the end that is going to be what is most important as far as their careers go. Getting a diploma to play HS football just isn't going to cut it anymore, if it ever did. BTW, I forgot to mention Gattozzi.

Last edited by parkhaven; 12-31-17 at 04:50 AM.
  #21  
Old 12-31-17, 11:28 AM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 636
fbrox is on a distinguished road
I'm confused, was this thread supposed to be about ND-Geek L and bengaldictine or West Geauga? The title seems to be West G but once again the egomaniac privates have hijacked another thread.

Last edited by fbrox; 12-31-17 at 03:01 PM.
  #22  
Old 01-02-18, 01:36 PM
FightingCardinal FightingCardinal is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-13-15
Posts: 144
FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
If they are smart, they will go to NDCL. Why? The academics are superior and in the end that is going to be what is most important as far as their careers go. Getting a diploma to play HS football just isn't going to cut it anymore, if it ever did. BTW, I forgot to mention Gattozzi.
You're assuming they all can afford $12,000/year tuition.
  #23  
Old 01-04-18, 04:00 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,559
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lou Chanel View Post
My friend there said the current wrestling coach is telling people he will be the new AD since the current AD is resigning.

He also said that his kid will be transferring if that were true. What a mess...
The News Herald is reporting the AD has resigned.
  #24  
Old 01-05-18, 10:07 AM
Dee Lou Chanel Dee Lou Chanel is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 72
Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
The News Herald is reporting the AD has resigned.
My sources are usually good. The AD brought in an outstanding candidate...a college coach that people in the know said was a home run. Once again, people who are semi-retired, are know nothing administrators or are not ADs shot him down. The guy had enough. He was not allowed to do his job. Benny and NDCL can now cherry pick all the WG CYO kids. Good news for you Auggie!
  #25  
Old 01-08-18, 12:25 PM
Spike9 Spike9 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-06
Posts: 261
Spike9 is on a distinguished road
What happened to the last guy? One and done?
  #26  
Old 01-08-18, 02:55 PM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 636
fbrox is on a distinguished road
?
  #27  
Old 01-08-18, 07:33 PM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
From what the insiders tell me, not seasoned enough of a coach, ouldnt coach inside the red zone, was told who to play from administration! Kids were disrespectful but not one coach would stand up to the kids! Kidding me? Sad sad situation. Lack of effort from the kids the coaches and the administration!!! Need new leadership from the top down!!
  #28  
Old 01-11-18, 08:35 PM
Brownstrawberry Brownstrawberry is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-05-18
Posts: 8
Brownstrawberry is on a distinguished road
Very quiet on here where is westgbooster and chestrockwell ?
  #29  
Old 01-11-18, 09:06 PM
Westgbooster Westgbooster is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-28-17
Posts: 66
Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Westgbooster looks like he going to be a mayfield booster, do to unforeseen job change I will be moving to mayfield,Solon or twinsburg! West Geauga was nice but wow are the sports programs in bad shape! It was nice while it lasted good luck to all!
  #30  
Old 01-12-18, 12:13 PM
armchairqb99 armchairqb99 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 38
armchairqb99 is on a distinguished road
Didn't the AD job at WG become available as well recently?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 11:02 AM
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Girls Basketball Coaches Changes IUDOGS Girls Basketball 156 11-08-17 01:41 PM
2017 Division V Schedules EagleFan Archives 14 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Louisville Leopards (3-4, 3-1) at West Branch Warriors (3-4, 2-2) LeopardNation Football 31 10-22-17 02:55 AM
Challenge Game (10/20): West Jefferson (7-0) at West Liberty-Salem (7-1) Yappi Football 0 10-18-17 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz