Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-05-18, 10:56 AM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Really loving what I'm hearing about the 2018 version of the Hubbard Eagles. Info I'm getting is that the linemen are really taking the new weight training program in stride. Should be one of the bigger stronger lines in the conference next season. Morales, Odem, Donlow, and Tarver are well on board with eligibility and have been present for weight training as well as working out together on their own time. Throw Daniels in the mix and I'm pretty confident we have one of the fastest more athletic backfield and receiver groups in the area if not the state. Everything will revolve around Morales and Daniels but don't sleep on Donlow. The kid is a game changer who will score from all over the field this season. Tarver looks like a junior in college, not an upcoming junior in highschool. Should be an exciting year for the eagles. A lot of hype coming in. Need to live up to it now.
This years Hubbard team reminds me of last years Poland team with the same type of attitude and determination coming off of an unsuccessful season the year before.

Remember, over 90% of this team is returning from last year.

6 home games being played at "The Beautiful" this year is really nice as well.
Old 03-06-18, 01:19 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Lakeview was unbeaten in the league last year because of their passing O. Same with Girard's passing in their tier. The days of having a muscle team as Champs are over. You have to be good at throwing the ball too. Best go back to the drawing board again. BTW, Lakeview returns another winner with another good group of skill players and I dare say the best receivers in the tier.
Lakeview will get caught up Paladin. The blowouts will be back again very soon. Don't make me jog your memory. Howland, Poland, and Hubbard have all won league titles recently with very little and below average passing. I acknowledge you a need a passing game when playing good teams. But if your running game is strong enough with a defense that backs it, you'll always have a chance.

@Spread I know of interest in Morales but not sure about any possible offers. Past issues with grades may be playing a issue in terms of college. Maybe a prep school to get his academics in line if he has a big 2018.
Old 03-06-18, 03:41 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Struthers I'm not worried about. Hubbard should be a challenge, but Lakeview is reloading this year. Terrific group of skill players, more transfers coming in and lots of returning lettermen who will be decent. In fact, we were talking the other day, been getting 2-3 transfers every year now for awhile, all have started and all have at least all league honors. The younger grades are all loaded . Pack your lunch, the Dogs ain't afraid and will be ready.

And our kids are always academically eligible, lol.
Old 03-06-18, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Struthers I'm not worried about. Hubbard should be a challenge, but Lakeview is reloading this year. Terrific group of skill players, more transfers coming in and lots of returning lettermen who will be decent. In fact, we were talking the other day, been getting 2-3 transfers every year now for awhile, all have started and all have at least all league honors. The younger grades are all loaded . Pack your lunch, the Dogs ain't afraid and will be ready.

And our kids are always academically eligible, lol.
Again no one asked you at all. Youíre talking to yourself. Dementia sux.
Old 03-06-18, 04:54 PM
All American

No, I was talking to sportster , but never fear , a pompous jerk seems to follow me around. Go huff and puff some more bullsh!t elsewhere.
Old 03-06-18, 05:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No, I was talking to sportster , but never fear , a pompous jerk seems to follow me around. Go huff and puff some more bullsh!t elsewhere.
He didnít ask about Lakeview either tho. No one has. Mo-ron
Old 03-06-18, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lakeview will get caught up Paladin. The blowouts will be back again very soon. Don't make me jog your memory. Howland, Poland, and Hubbard have all won league titles recently with very little and below average passing. I acknowledge you a need a passing game when playing good teams. But if your running game is strong enough with a defense that backs it, you'll always have a chance.

@Spread I know of interest in Morales but not sure about any possible offers. Past issues with grades may be playing a issue in terms of college. Maybe a prep school to get his academics in line if he has a big 2018.
Donlow? Anyone else there with looks yet? I ask bc it can help other teams too with scouts at games.
Old 03-06-18, 05:39 PM
Varsity

Flying high is on a distinguished road
Morales, Donlow and Daniels getting MAC looks and some Kentucky,WVU and CIncinnati play. Mosora looking at academies - 4.0 gpa. If morales and Donnie grades are in order they will be offers. Watch out for Odom - kid can fly. Hope fully academics are in order
Old 03-06-18, 06:18 PM
All Yappi

Odom play last year?
Old 03-06-18, 07:09 PM
Varsity

Flying high is on a distinguished road
He did not - move in late from Sharon - 2 way starter there as a soph
Old 03-06-18, 11:47 PM
All American

The backfield talent lacked last season after Daniels and Moorer who dealt with injuries throughout the season. It'll be nice to see a array of speed and talent once again on eagle sideline. Biggest question mark is the offensive line. The size is there but will they gel, toughen up? If what I'm hearing about early results from strength and condition training are true, it's a good start. No incoming transfers this season besides a few on the lower levels(fresh and middle school). Of course things can change come spring but as of now no one coming, but more so no one is leaving. The team returns atleast 1 maybe 2?? kickers with experience from last season. A solid kicking game is always important. I know we had some injuries last year on special teams that really hurt our chances in the couple close games.
Old 03-06-18, 11:50 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Lakeview people blow my mind, lakeview beat struthers barely last deals. And beat Hubbard barley last season, both teams return a whole lot more then lakeview does, especially with a new qb lakeview should be worried about a lot of people not just Hubbard.
Old 03-08-18, 02:03 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Lakeview people blow my mind, lakeview beat struthers barely last deals. And beat Hubbard barley last season,
Lakeview 28
Struthers 8

Lakeview 7
Hubbard 6

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but they're both not "barely" losses.
Old 03-08-18, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
Lakeview 28
Struthers 8

Lakeview 7
Hubbard 6

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but they're both not "barely" losses.
Eh last season is the outlier. If Lakeview wins itís usually very close. If Struthers wins itís usually not close. Way I look at it is last season the cats werenít really prepared to win a playoff game, but Lakeview wasnít either. So Iím ok

Crazy though. Hubbard played them tough. Wonder how, considering the fact that Struthers beat Hubbard but lost to Lakeview by 20. Any given Friday though I suppose.
Old 03-08-18, 05:12 PM
All American

Typical response. Lakeview has had their way with Struthers and only once in the last four years have they won against a Lakeview Soph heavy team with lots of injuries playing at Struthers and their RB being "mysteriously tossed out early" with a nonexistent " concussion ". People laugh at the Struthers crew. Homers all, less than honest and wild exaggerations of their average team from the wrong side of the railroad tracks. lol

Struthers - always good for a laugh. At least Hubbard knows how to play football, lol.
Old 03-08-18, 05:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Typical response. Lakeview has had their way with Struthers and only once in the last four years have they won against a Lakeview Soph heavy team with lots of injuries playing at Struthers and their RB being "mysteriously tossed out early" with a nonexistent " concussion ". People laugh at the Struthers crew. Homers all, less than honest and wild exaggerations of their average team from the wrong side of the railroad tracks. lol

Struthers - always good for a laugh. At least Hubbard knows how to play football, lol.
Shut up. Your grandson couldn’t walk straight and the refs thought he had a concussion. He wasn’t doing anything anyways. The game was already 20-0 I believe. The final was 41-7. And they were juniors. Not sophomores. You got waxed. Chill. How you gonna make excuses for losing 41-7? When the kid tossed wasn’t their best player by a wide margin anyways?

You always say “people” but I never ever see anyone ever agree with anything you have to say on any thread. Few weeks ago you called Massillon and Harding bad programs. The “people” didn’t agree with you there ? What blows my mind is that Lakeview was never brought into this discussion until you inserted them into it. A civil conversation once again ruined by the old man who hangs from pavs .

Lakeview is winning state this year. What an unbelievable troll you are. 8060804
Old 03-08-18, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

Sorry, idk what the numbers are. Typo
Old 03-08-18, 06:19 PM
All American

Spread, you are a complete idiot. The player with a "supposed " concussion wasn't my grandson. And the supposed juniors were there to REPLACE the injured Soph starters who were injured. They cleaned your clock this year as Juniors and will give you another loss this upcoming season as Seniors. And for the record the grandson was all- everything the last two years. Give us some more comedy with your hilarious posts. As I said, everyone laughs at you, lol.

At least Hubbard gives us a game, lol
Old 03-08-18, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Spread, you are a complete idiot. The player with a "supposed " concussion wasn't my grandson. And the supposed juniors were there to REPLACE the injured Soph starters who were injured. They cleaned your clock this year as Juniors and will give you another loss this upcoming season as Seniors. And for the record the grandson was all- everything the last two years. Give us some more comedy with your hilarious posts. As I said, everyone laughs at you, lol.

At least Hubbard gives us a game, lol
Didn’t clean my clock, I don’t play on the team.

Sure Paladin. Sure. Struthers gets blown out by mighty Lakeview every year and then beats Hubbard three years in a row. The series is 3-3 over the last 6 with Struthers holding the edge in total points by a wide margin. Makes sense. Makes a lot of sense. Keep leeching off wins from champion labrae and other small tac schools to inflate your record. I don’t think Struthers was even good last season. Read my posts. They did manage 7 wins though which you seem to beat your chest about every year. But again this thread isn’t about Struthers or Lakeview and you could always make a Lakeview thread about how good they are.
Old 03-09-18, 02:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying high View Post
Morales, Donlow and Daniels getting MAC looks and some Kentucky,WVU and CIncinnati play. Mosora looking at academies - 4.0 gpa. If morales and Donnie grades are in order they will be offers. Watch out for Odom - kid can fly. Hope fully academics are in order
Any truth to #9 returning to Hubbard for football?
Old 03-09-18, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yikes
Old 03-10-18, 04:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Would be welcomed with open arms.....
Old 03-12-18, 09:23 PM
All American

Just received word that the eagles will be donning new uniforms from head to toe in 2018. Helmets will be all white with the royal blue mask instead of the traditional gray. Will definitely be a different from the past. Under Armour usually does well with the uni's + the kids seem excited about the change. Most importantly though the team needs to act the part this season.
Old 03-12-18, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just received word that the eagles will be donning new uniforms from head to toe in 2018. Helmets will be all white with the royal blue mask instead of the traditional gray. Will definitely be a different from the past. Under Armour usually does well with the uni's + the kids seem excited about the change. Most importantly though the team needs to act the part this season.
Keeping the wings or back to the H ? The H the was always cool.
Old 03-15-18, 05:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Well I hope they go with the Penn State style of matt/flat white helmets, those are sweet looking.....
Old 03-15-18, 05:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Keeping the wings or back to the H ? The H the was always cool.
I was never a big fan of those "flying H's". That was during the Bayuk era. Hoffman changed to the wings I think his first year coaching Hubbard.

It took me awhile to get used to the eagle wings but I still like them. No other local eagle team has them, JFK has the block K, and Y-town Christian has the eagle head which Hubbard already has on the 50 yard line.
Old 03-15-18, 09:04 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Hubbard has sported those wings every now and then going back 40 years or more. A good look.
Old 03-19-18, 04:54 PM
All District

HE74 is on a distinguished road
Did Isiah Scott leave the YSU football program? He is not on the roster.