Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 03-13-18, 10:23 AM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,686
Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVCFan View Post
The town of Mogadore, and their state championship rings, would disagree with you.
Didn't his daddy do that?

Not boding well for him, he couldn't even competently gameplan against the bush league IVC. Dude seemed like the opposite of Coach Hurst.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 03-13-18, 02:04 PM
fuss2 fuss2 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-31-10
Posts: 67
fuss2 is on a distinguished road
Claymont appears to be looking for a new coach after the board goes against the superintendent's recommendation and votes to non renew their coach.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 03-13-18, 02:10 PM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,686
Journey is on a distinguished road
That one blows my mind- 8-2 is the school's best record since like 1993.

I'm sure people will be lining up for that job knowing the 8-2 guy got removed.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 03-13-18, 03:47 PM
Damage450 Damage450 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-06-18
Posts: 35
Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Didn't his daddy do that?

Not boding well for him, he couldn't even competently gameplan against the bush league IVC. Dude seemed like the opposite of Coach Hurst.
Considering daddy was on the staff I'm pretty sure that what won state titles at Mogadore was being used in Strasburg.

But hey, your hero had 2 playoff appearances and had a winning percentage around 60% so I'm sure those are the glory days for Strasburg football.

Get out of T-County. There's an entire different (and successful) world out there.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 03-13-18, 03:48 PM
Damage450 Damage450 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-06-18
Posts: 35
Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
That one blows my mind- 8-2 is the school's best record since like 1993.

I'm sure people will be lining up for that job knowing the 8-2 guy got removed.
Personal agendas trump coaching sometimes it appears.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 03-13-18, 11:33 PM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,268
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage450 View Post
Considering daddy was on the staff I'm pretty sure that what won state titles at Mogadore was being used in Strasburg.

But hey, your hero had 2 playoff appearances and had a winning percentage around 60% so I'm sure those are the glory days for Strasburg football.

Get out of T-County. There's an entire different (and successful) world out there.
The dad did all the work..... he was trumpeted like a hero upon his arrival & scurried out like a thief in the night, the situation is the same quagmire as when they hired him, so at best it's a draw on the scorecard, which defaults to a loss.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 03-13-18, 11:35 PM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,268
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
I think the question the entire conference has to ask is what did East Canton do & how did they do it so quickly? They got competitive in football (& basketball) overnight, while key parts graduate, they still have a lot coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 03-14-18, 08:03 AM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,686
Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Kimble View Post
he was trumpeted like a hero upon his arrival & scurried out like a thief in the night
Haha the first verse of The ballad of the Coward Son of Mogadore
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-14-18, 09:28 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 984
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Kimble View Post
I think the question the entire conference has to ask is what did East Canton do & how did they do it so quickly? They got competitive in football (& basketball) overnight, while key parts graduate, they still have a lot coming back.
looks like couple bubble classes - not uncommon - just couple years ago that Tucci kid lead Malvern's football and basketball teams deep.

Part of the reason I like the IVC is I don't think one team wins all the time. I like the parity - how each school competes with the waves of talent coming through.

is your name really bo kimble? knew a guy from another Kentucky named exactly that!!! He talked like a tough guy but was a HUGE wimp - actually his entire family was softer than tissue paper.

Can't be you tho LOL
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 03-14-18, 10:58 AM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,268
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
looks like couple bubble classes - not uncommon - just couple years ago that Tucci kid lead Malvern's football and basketball teams deep.

Part of the reason I like the IVC is I don't think one team wins all the time. I like the parity - how each school competes with the waves of talent coming through.

is your name really bo kimble? knew a guy from another Kentucky named exactly that!!! He talked like a tough guy but was a HUGE wimp - actually his entire family was softer than tissue paper.

Can't be you tho LOL
That's your move huh? Compare sound rational thinking, that conveys an actual thought to some Kentuckian you once knew to pick a "cyberfight", it's a lot like cyber sex till u realize you're only screwing yourself. I guess what seems impressive about East Canton is they were at very low depths 2 years ago & in the time in between they've not only improved in football & basketball but they've got kids who appear to be pretty physically mature & they play with a chip on their shoulders?

It's not even that the guy from Mogadore did an awful job, he took an awful job that isn't any visibly better than when he arrived. Truth be told they are in a similar boat to TCC, closer to not having a team than challenging for a league title.
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 03-14-18, 11:18 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 984
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
OH no - not pickin a fight - actually not sure if the kimble I know has it as EL and not LE

just askin is that your real name - I didn't think it was - it made me laugh that I actually knew a dude that had that name. IF I wanted to pick a fight it would have to be over something more substantial than a name silly. and as I said above - didn't think it was you

I do know that in football - EC has a coach that was just honored as the Stark County Coach of the year which was voted upon by coaches. Spider Miller's resume is impressive with a couple rings as an assistant coach and tenures as HC at Perry and McKinley.

EC had some dudes this year that as you say appeared to be physically mature. IF the wins can be maintained then there is something special happening - not meant to dog - if there is talent in EC I believe EC will win with Spider there. If there is a dip in basketball and football then maybe we are seeing the backside of the bubble. If they keep grinding out solid records then maybe they have something going with their program??

Last edited by Football 101; 03-14-18 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 03-14-18, 01:26 PM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,268
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
OH no - not pickin a fight - actually not sure if the kimble I know has it as EL and not LE

just askin is that your real name - I didn't think it was - it made me laugh that I actually knew a dude that had that name. IF I wanted to pick a fight it would have to be over something more substantial than a name silly. and as I said above - didn't think it was you

I do know that in football - EC has a coach that was just honored as the Stark County Coach of the year which was voted upon by coaches. Spider Miller's resume is impressive with a couple rings as an assistant coach and tenures as HC at Perry and McKinley.

EC had some dudes this year that as you say appeared to be physically mature. IF the wins can be maintained then there is something special happening - not meant to dog - if there is talent in EC I believe EC will win with Spider there. If there is a dip in basketball and football then maybe we are seeing the backside of the bubble. If they keep grinding out solid records then maybe they have something going with their program??
I know a couple of people in their athletic department, I think that we are seeing the gains of a unified strength program that is heavily attended. I tried to make the point without saying it plainly.... I think there's something to it with a team that isn't very naturally talented on the court (they've got 1 kid to call a scorer, maybe 1.5) & they play a slow down ugly style that looks good with plodders.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 03-14-18, 08:04 PM
IVCFan IVCFan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-11-18
Posts: 32
IVCFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
looks like couple bubble classes - not uncommon - just couple years ago that Tucci kid lead Malvern's football and basketball teams deep.

Part of the reason I like the IVC is I don't think one team wins all the time. I like the parity - how each school competes with the waves of talent coming through.
That's what the IVC needs to get away from though. Teams in this area rely too much on "good classes" and don't do enough developing of talent to be consistently good. Look around the state, there are public schools in smaller divisions that are good every year in football and basketball. They don't rely on good classes. They develop.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 03-15-18, 06:15 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVCFan View Post
That's what the IVC needs to get away from though. Teams in this area rely too much on "good classes" and don't do enough developing of talent to be consistently good. Look around the state, there are public schools in smaller divisions that are good every year in football and basketball. They don't rely on good classes. They develop.
Ridgewood posts a record of 109- 21 regular season since 2005, thats 8.3 wins a season. Playoff record is 4-10 for overall record of 113-31 since 05. That is consistently good IMO.

Last edited by RubberChickenII; 03-15-18 at 06:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 03-15-18, 07:05 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=IVCFan;7010155]That's what the IVC needs to get away from though. Teams in this area rely too much on "good classes" and don't do enough developing of talent to be consistently good. Look around the state, there are public schools in smaller divisions that are good every year in football and basketball. They don't rely on good classes. They develop.[/QUOT

Garaway is 94-36 in regular season since 05, 7.2 wins a season. Postseason record of 3-4 for overall record of 97-40. Once again I think many would agree this is pretty successful and consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 03-15-18, 07:18 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
In comparison over same stretch here are Dover and New Phila records:

New Phila posts a regular season record of 100-30, 7.69 wins per season and a playoff record of 2-9

Dover posts a regular season record of 99-31, 7.61 wins per season and a playoff record of 14-11
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 03-15-18, 07:35 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Malvern is 83-47 regular season since 05, and 8-7 in postseason. 7 playoff appearances in 13 seasons and 8 wins with trip to state semis. Once again pretty consistent run for a football program.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 03-15-18, 07:48 AM
styx styx is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-18-14
Posts: 270
styx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
In comparison over same stretch here are Dover and New Phila records:

New Phila posts a regular season record of 100-30, 7.69 wins per season and a playoff record of 2-9

Dover posts a regular season record of 99-31, 7.61 wins per season and a playoff record of 14-11
When Ridgewood and Garaway start playing the D-V/D-VI equivalent of Steubenville, Avon Lake, CCC, Lake, Perry, Zanesville, Austintown Fitch, Ashland, Tri Valley and Massillion in the regular season like Dover/Phila have done over this time period you picked, we can have big boy talks.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 03-15-18, 07:53 AM
Redline Redline is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-23-17
Posts: 45
Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
When Ridgewood and Garaway start playing the D-V/D-VI equivalent of Steubenville, Avon Lake, CCC, Lake, Perry, Zanesville, Austintown Fitch, Ashland, Tri Valley and Massillion in the regular season like Dover/Phila have done over this time period you picked, we can have big boy talks.
No sense in arguing Chicken. I have come to realize Dover/Phila fans are like Ohio State or Alabama fans.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 03-15-18, 08:16 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Ridgewood and Garaway play in this thing called a league...this allows for 3 non league games a year, for the Wood 2 of those games over the past 13 years generally are filled by county schools Riverview and Coshocton, but in reality Wood has played solid programs in their non league, from Shadyside, Martins Ferry, Liberty Center and many seasons Coshocton. Garaway has continually scheduled Indian Valley and Dalton.
And by the way, stop with the we played Massilon ordeal...it was 1 year...and I forget how that one went, but I agree that Dover has scheduled very tough traditionally over the years. Might be time to change that.

Truth is all 4 schools are comparable in their respective leagues/divisions. Dover obviously has had the most playoff success. Some posters on here just insist their schools are better because they are bigger enrollment wise and play bigger schools, which they should...they are the same size. Instead they are upset IV and Claymont left bc they are significantly smaller and now the league is falling apart and Dover/Phila are left struggling to find games.
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 03-15-18, 09:52 AM
Cardinal Nation Cardinal Nation is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-16-16
Posts: 97
Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
Truth is all 4 schools are comparable in their respective leagues/divisions.
That's probably the most ridiculous sentence that's ever been written.


CAREFUL GUYS! THEY SCHEDULED DALTON!
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 03-15-18, 10:38 AM
BobcatQB BobcatQB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-22-16
Posts: 165
BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
Ridgewood and Garaway play in this thing called a league...this allows for 3 non league games a year, for the Wood 2 of those games over the past 13 years generally are filled by county schools Riverview and Coshocton, but in reality Wood has played solid programs in their non league, from Shadyside, Martins Ferry, Liberty Center and many seasons Coshocton. Garaway has continually scheduled Indian Valley and Dalton.
And by the way, stop with the we played Massilon ordeal...it was 1 year...and I forget how that one went, but I agree that Dover has scheduled very tough traditionally over the years. Might be time to change that.

Truth is all 4 schools are comparable in their respective leagues/divisions. Dover obviously has had the most playoff success. Some posters on here just insist their schools are better because they are bigger enrollment wise and play bigger schools, which they should...they are the same size. Instead they are upset IV and Claymont left bc they are significantly smaller and now the league is falling apart and Dover/Phila are left struggling to find games.
IV and Claymont are not significantly smaller than the majority of the ECOL, they are very comparable.

How can someone deny the success of Ridgewood and Garaway, but especially Ridgewood? If not for Wheelersburg, they would have several more playoff wins. Can't knock them for playing local, larger schools out of conference.

New Phila didn't schedule Tri-Valley or Hoban..played TV and Hoban in playoffs and Zville is in the league. I'm not saying they don't try to play decent teams out of conference, but let's don't get crazy...seems like they get plenty of stinkers too. Dover has scheduled more challenges with their out of conference.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 03-15-18, 10:43 AM
BobcatQB BobcatQB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-22-16
Posts: 165
BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Just agree that Ridgewood has built a consistently good program, Dover isn't afarid to schedule up, and NP has improved tremendously under Dennison. That should take care of all 3..just enjoy the successes.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 03-15-18, 10:58 AM
mother_nature mother_nature is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 19
mother_nature is on a distinguished road
I agree with Cardinal nation, In what way are they comparable? Ridgewood has more wins, titles and playoff appearances. Saying they are comparable is a joke! I suppose the browns program is comparable to The Ohio State because they play the steelers and ravens, and the bucks play Toledo! Mt. Union is so far behind Kent State because they play at Penn state, please.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 03-15-18, 11:27 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Nation View Post
That's probably the most ridiculous sentence that's ever been written.


CAREFUL GUYS! THEY SCHEDULED DALTON!
Dalton was 12-1 last season, lost to Cuyahoga Heights 42-41 in Regional Final...
Garaway also lost to 12-2 Danville who also lost to Heights in state semis

Dover Phila had 1 team, same team for each, on their schedule that made deeper postseason run. That team being Steubenville State Champ in D4

Phila had 1 playoff team on their schedule last season...
Dover 4, by the way lost to all 4...which cost them a chance at postseason themselves...

Get the hell outta here bud.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 03-15-18, 07:50 PM
IVCFan IVCFan is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-11-18
Posts: 32
IVCFan is on a distinguished road
So we've named two IVC teams that are consistent and somewhat successful although it could be argued that their win totals are inflated by their competition when you look at the playoff record.

What about the other 10????
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 03-15-18, 08:29 PM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 43
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Can you not see or read? Malvern s record was posted as well
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 03-16-18, 08:48 AM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,686
Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVCFan View Post
Their win totals are inflated by their competition when you look at the playoff record.
I agree with this.

There are two types of teams: One group is trying to make the playoffs, the other is trying to win in the playoffs. Those teams' schedules usually look very different.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 03-16-18, 10:02 AM
mother_nature mother_nature is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-25-10
Posts: 19
mother_nature is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
I agree with this.

There are two types of teams: One group is trying to make the playoffs, the other is trying to win in the playoffs. Those teams' schedules usually look very different.
I agree with this. Although playoff records can be deceiving. Depends on what region you are in and who you draw.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 03-16-18, 11:01 AM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,268
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_nature View Post
I agree with this. Although playoff records can be deceiving. Depends on what region you are in and who you draw.
I would add a 3rd group, those that try to schedule their way to 5-5 to 7-3 hoping to manufacture some clout, but not concerned with the postseason
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Football Coaches Changes IUDOGS Football 336 06-21-18 08:33 AM
Week 4: Marlington Dukes (2-1) at Louisville Leopards (0-3) LeopardNation Football 51 09-16-17 08:15 PM
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards LeopardNation Football 76 09-03-17 07:29 AM
Massillon Football Program: Booster Club DB135 Massillon Tigers 1 08-24-17 09:59 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz