Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-18, 05:41 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Football 2018 Thread

Last season 4-6 (3-1 NCL Play)
Bill Sowers 2nd year as HC (4-6)
@ University School L
vs Elyria Catholic W
@ Kirtland L
vs Shaw L
@ Warrensville L
vs Trinity W
@ Aquinas W
vs Gilmour L
vs Warren JFK W
@ CCC L

Home games at New Euclid Panther Stadium

NCL Games for 2018
@ Trinity at Bedford Stadium
vs Aquinas at Euclid
vs Gilmour at Euclid
@ JFK at Mollenkopft Stadium
vs CCC at Euclid

Out of Conference Games as of 2/3/18
vs Cuyahoga Hts.
@ Elyria Catholic
@ University School
@ Shaw
Week 5 open
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-03-18, 05:55 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Football 2018 Thread

Tentative Schedule as of 2/3/18 via OHSAA.com

Week 1 vs Cuyahoga Hts. 7pm 8/24
Week 2 at Elyria Catholic 7pm 8/31
Week 3 at University School 5pm 9/7 (mistake? should be home)
Week 4 at Shaw 7pm 9/14
Week 5 open (needs filling)
Week 6 vs CCC 7pm 9/29
Week 7 vs Aquinas 7pm 10/6
Week 8 @ Trinity 7pm 10/12
Week 9 vs Gilmour 7pm 10/20
Week 10 @ Warren JFK 7pm 10/27


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by C'Town216; 02-04-18 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-18, 06:10 PM
fbrox fbrox is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-23-10
Posts: 607
fbrox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Tentative Schedule as of 2/3/18 via OHSAA.com

Week 1 vs Cuyahoga Hts. 7pm 8/24
Week 2 at Elyria Catholic 7pm 8/31
Week 3 at University School 5pm 9/7 (mistake? should be home)
Week 4 at Shaw 7pm 9/14
Week 5 open (needs filling)
Week 6 vs CCC 7pm 9/29
Week 7 vs Aquinas 7pm 10/6
Week 8 @ Trinity 7pm 10/12 7pm
Week 9 vs Gilmour 7pm 10/20 7pm
Week 10 @ Warren JFK 10/27 7pm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirtland off of schedule? Thought that was a good little rivalry starting to form. Short hiatus due to new NCL schedule?

Last edited by fbrox; 02-04-18 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-18, 06:18 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,111
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Tentative Schedule as of 2/3/18 via OHSAA.com

Week 1 vs Cuyahoga Hts. 7pm 8/24
Week 2 at Elyria Catholic 7pm 8/31
Week 3 at University School 5pm 9/7 (mistake? should be home)
Week 4 at Shaw 7pm 9/14
Week 5 open (needs filling)
Week 6 vs CCC 7pm 9/29
Week 7 vs Aquinas 7pm 10/6
Week 8 @ Trinity 7pm 10/12 7pm
Week 9 vs Gilmour 7pm 10/20 7pm
Week 10 @ Warren JFK 10/27 7pm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. There's a few teams without lights that squeeze in an evening game early in the season. Just overtimes may become a big issue.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-18, 09:48 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Not necessarily. There's a few teams without lights that squeeze in an evening game early in the season. Just overtimes may become a big issue.


US did that last year when we played them. Just thinking could be a mistake considering they played at US last year as well unless Euclid is unavailable that weekend hence why at US for 2nd straight season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-18, 09:52 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Kirtland off of schedule? Thought that was a good little rivalry starting to form. Short hiatus due to new NCL schedule?


From what i understand it stemmed from that debacle from 2016 when the game was at Euclid they had a lightning delay and was cutting close to the city of Euclidís curfew law that would ban the game from starting after 8:30pm, VASJ wanted to cancel and move the game to that Sunday and play it at Gilmour while Kirtland wanted to play once the system moved out and Laverde made a big deal out of it which caused VASJ to drop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-18, 01:00 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
From what i understand it stemmed from that debacle from 2016 when the game was at Euclid they had a lightning delay and was cutting close to the city of Euclidís curfew law that would ban the game from starting after 8:30pm, VASJ wanted to cancel and move the game to that Sunday and play it at Gilmour while Kirtland wanted to play once the system moved out and Laverde made a big deal out of it which caused VASJ to drop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never heard that reasoning. VASJ just does not have enough linemen in place, or in the pipeline, that are needed to compete against Kirtland.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-18, 10:07 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
I never heard that reasoning. VASJ just does not have enough linemen in place, or in the pipeline, that are needed to compete against Kirtland.


Thatís what I was told by one of the former staff members last year.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-07-18, 10:27 PM
buno67 buno67 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-27-15
Posts: 73
buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
I never heard that reasoning. VASJ just does not have enough linemen in place, or in the pipeline, that are needed to compete against Kirtland.
Welp Sowers is an OL guy, so hopefully he is able to fix that for them.

How well do you think he did last year? I got a chance to coach with him for a year. He is a very passionate guy when it comes to the game. I loved working with him.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-18, 04:23 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
Welp Sowers is an OL guy, so hopefully he is able to fix that for them.

How well do you think he did last year? I got a chance to coach with him for a year. He is a very passionate guy when it comes to the game. I loved working with him.
I thought he did pretty well for his first season at the helm. Obviously knew going in there would be growing pains coming in but the future of the program is on the right path.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-18, 04:25 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
From the looks of it, VASJ will have 30 incoming freshman on the team this summer according to the teams facebook page. Largest number of freshmen in years from the looks of it. Glad to see that big of a number.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-06-18, 02:20 PM
Footballfever123 Footballfever123 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-23-15
Posts: 162
Footballfever123 is on a distinguished road
Is the opener on a Friday or Saturday? I thought Euclid was hosting Glenville the Friday night of the opening weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-06-18, 09:42 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfever123 View Post
Is the opener on a Friday or Saturday? I thought Euclid was hosting Glenville the Friday night of the opening weekend.


More likely Saturday went by what the OHSAA schedule site had up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-07-18, 06:47 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Venerated Poster
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 20,618
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
When looking at VASJ and Euclid schedules, they refer to "Field 1" and "Field 2" at Euclid High School for game locations. Is it possible that the old stadium will be used for games? Euclid has 4 home games on Field 1 and 2 on Field 2. 4 VASJ home games are all listed as Field 2.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-07-18, 01:41 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
When looking at VASJ and Euclid schedules, they refer to "Field 1" and "Field 2" at Euclid High School for game locations. Is it possible that the old stadium will be used for games? Euclid has 4 home games on Field 1 and 2 on Field 2. 4 VASJ home games are all listed as Field 2.


Thatís a good question unless they havenít updated the location yet. DiBiasio is supposed to by downsized even more this spring with the removal of both sets of bleachers next to the main grandstand. So who knows.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-07-18, 01:49 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Venerated Poster
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 20,618
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
On Friday of Week 1 Euclid is showing a home game on Field 1 and VASJ is showing a home game on Field 2. Both 7PM. Strange.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-08-18, 10:42 AM
eucwrestler eucwrestler is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-26-14
Location: Cleveland St University
Posts: 474
eucwrestler is on a distinguished road
Another year that Euclid gets to keep the axe. Go Panthers
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-08-18, 10:58 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
On Friday of Week 1 Euclid is showing a home game on Field 1 and VASJ is showing a home game on Field 2. Both 7PM. Strange.


Yeah no way they have two games being played at the same time. Once Sowers posts the schedule out questions will be answered


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-12-18, 01:49 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eucwrestler View Post
Another year that Euclid gets to keep the axe. Go Panthers


Hopefully in the next couple of years we can have The Battle of the Ax annually as Sowers builds up the football program back to pretty close to where it was under Schoen. 30 freshman playing football alone is a huge get so far and brings a positive outlook towards the future.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-16-18, 05:11 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Hopefully in the next couple of years we can have The Battle of the Ax annually as Sowers builds up the football program back to pretty close to where it was under Schoen. 30 freshman playing football alone is a huge get so far and brings a positive outlook towards the future.
30 freshmen out for football is huge but with 30 freshmen, the Vikes need to get true freshmen games on the schedule. These 30 kids can't be on the field in JV/Reserve games playing US, CCC, and Shaw Sophomores and Junior's, as they will either get hurt or discouraged. With these kind of numbers, I would love to see true Freshman, JV, and Varsity games.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-18-18, 09:31 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
30 freshmen out for football is huge but with 30 freshmen, the Vikes need to get true freshmen games on the schedule. These 30 kids can't be on the field in JV/Reserve games playing US, CCC, and Shaw Sophomores and Junior's, as they will either get hurt or discouraged. With these kind of numbers, I would love to see true Freshman, JV, and Varsity games.


That would be a huge step in the right direction for that matter. We havenít fielded a proper frosh and jv team since at least Schoen and Melle? Which is more than 10 years now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-24-18, 12:27 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 474
Redwing is on a distinguished road
Saw this on SM earlier today. I think we all know the reality of private school athletics these days, but it is incredibly ignorant and clueless to put this out there. "Offers"? Smh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DZEYjy7XkAAPePM.jpg-large.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	2210
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-24-18, 12:45 PM
hdvhsmgr hdvhsmgr is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-01
Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Posts: 1,409
hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Yeah no way they have two games being played at the same time. Once Sowers posts the schedule out questions will be answered


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Week 1 game appears to be on Thursday. https://www.facebook.com/VASJFootbal...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-24-18, 01:44 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Saw this on SM earlier today. I think we all know the reality of private school athletics these days, but it is incredibly ignorant and clueless to put this out there. "Offers"? Smh.

Attachment 2210


Theyíre not getting scholarships to go to the school for free...... Theyíre mostly local kids from neighboring feeder elementary schools such as Our Lady of the Lake, Ss. Robert and William, St.Jerome and St. Alís all within Euclid/Cleveland. Not like we are plucking them from all over Gods creation. Anywho Kirtland would still kick our @$$es regardless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-24-18, 02:11 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 474
Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Theyíre not getting scholarships to go to the school for free...... Theyíre mostly local kids from neighboring feeder elementary schools such as Our Lady of the Lake, Ss. Robert and William, St.Jerome and St. Alís all within Euclid/Cleveland. Not like we are plucking them from all over Gods creation. Anywho Kirtland would still kick our @$$es regardless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My point is it's a bad look. I didn't think they were going for free, but they are flaunting the fact that they are trying to convince kids to go there to play football. Best to keep it off social media.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-25-18, 03:21 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
My point is it's a bad look. I didn't think they were going for free, but they are flaunting the fact that they are trying to convince kids to go there to play football. Best to keep it off social media.


Ok I get what you meant. What I think Sowers or whoever runs the twitter account posted should of been reworded differently I agree on that. But I think the point was to say ďHey we are rebuilding are program, building for the future with strong numbersĒ kind of way. And in his defense, our football team has been non competitive since early 2000ís with the exception of 2011, 13, and 14 with us lucky to even draw 15 freshman into the program and we only had 35 kids all together in the program last year. So thatís what I think he is trying to say.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-03-18, 04:42 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Looks like the Vikings are returning to their familiar look with a modern twist returning to the white helmets and red face masks with (assuming) the red horns with blue trim and a Columbia blue backsplash. This is the 4th time in 4 years the Vikings have worn a different style of helmet. 2015 being the last with the white lids 2016 being in matte Columbia blue with white horns, and last year with blue glossy Columbia blue helmets with a red backsplash and red horns with a white trim. Thoughts from fellow Vikings?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-08-18, 11:46 AM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Sowers posted this the other night. Not the final design but the concept with the all red horns not doing to well with the vote. Iím not a fan on the all red horns either I like that they are mixing classic with modern and like the idea of chrome decals but need to return to the original horns that were used on the white lids. What are your thoughts on these? Sowers is asking for feedback on the look on the teams twitter page.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-09-18, 08:14 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 424
James x2 is on a distinguished road
the red horns are supposed to have the Columbia blue trim around the front.Get rid of the lower blue.Too busy of a helmet
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-10-18, 01:31 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,624
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
the red horns are supposed to have the Columbia blue trim around the front.Get rid of the lower blue.Too busy of a helmet


I agree with horns they have to revert back to original design can keep the chrome though. The blue wedge has to grow on me. I donít mind it, doesnít look bad unless itís red then yeah that would be bad. Iím glad theyíre at least bringing the white helmets back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Football Coaches Changes IUDOGS Football 336 06-21-18 08:33 AM
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 270 06-15-18 05:52 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz