Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-18, 10:44 AM
All District

Fballfan10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lou Chanel View Post
Can you please tell us the story of how your WG "son" was at the camp Staurday with his WG friends? And there were WG parents there "livid". That one is my favorite...

And you supposedly are a WG parent! You never got that from me. Comprehension son....

My son went down to the showcase at the browns facilities. My Brother took him down and He met some of his friends there. My brother said how he heard nothing but *itching from the parents from West G. Thatís all there is to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-18, 10:56 AM
Moderated User

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballfan10 View Post
My son went down to the showcase at the browns facilities. My Brother took him down and He met some of his friends there. My brother said how he heard nothing but *itching from the parents from West G. Thatís all there is to it.

So wait, you weren't even there?!?!

Are you sure it wasn't Westlake or Westerville? This is too funny!

I guess I just have to ask if there were anymore than the 4 that went with the ONE mom and I'll know who you are.

And "that's all there is to it"....
Old 03-12-18, 10:59 AM
All District

Fballfan10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So wait, you weren't even there?!?!

Are you sure it wasn't Westlake or Westerville? This is too funny!

I guess I just have to ask if there were anymore than the 4 that went with the ONE mom and I'll know who you are.

And "that's all there is to it"....

I never said I was there. This is what my brother told me. No reason for him to lie. Iím not sure who drove with who. Alls I know is my son drove down with my Brother.

Old 03-12-18, 11:05 AM
Moderated User

"alls I know" is I am excited about this newly introduced "brother" character and how he's going to figure in this story. Your right, WG parents are nuts.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when at first we practice to deceive.

Now I know why you didn't get the job.
Old 03-12-18, 11:42 AM
Freshman

WolverineGuy is on a distinguished road
I was up at that West G t-ball event this weekend at the school. The new head coach was there and was talking with every kid and trying to make his way around to parents who aren't even in the district. Seems to be very invested in this program. I was against the hire at first but after seeing the new coach in action, it seems he is trying to set the culture right. I hope he changes the program around. It will take him a few years and I think everyone needs to understand that. I said these younger classes are very talented, but also need time to develop. I just hope the administration doesn't fire this guy if he wins 3 games and has 2 off the field issues, otherwise this program will never compete again.

Beachwood had 4 head coaches in 4 years and it nearly killed their program. I played for Beachwood during that time. It was tough learning new systems every single year. Once Ryan Williams was hired, he stayed there for numerous years and Beachwood became a competitive team weekly. They were on the brink of the playoffs a couple of times while playing the the upper CVC division at the time. Lost key double overtime game to Kirtland one year and an insane game to orange another year.

If you give a coach time, he can change a culture, but this administration better not get rid of this new guy if he is 2-8 and a kid has an off the field issue. Otherwise, this program will never return to what it was.

Best of luck West G. and for the the record Dee Lou Chanel, i might have to change my name on here now so you aren't confused with my postings.
Old 03-12-18, 11:53 AM
Moderated User

Glad to hear from a WG parent who isn't "livid". You're basically echoing everything I've heard from friends I talked to. You got to give the coach a chance, even if it wasn't your guy.

Parents told me he's in the weight room every day, flipped a top CYO kid and has his own staff ready to go. It's always better when WG is competitive.

Good luck Wolverine Guy!
Old 03-12-18, 11:56 AM
Freshman

WolverineGuy is on a distinguished road
I hate making comparisons to the NCAA and NFL , but how many coaches failed as a head coach in their first stint, then LEARNED what they did wrong and becasme successful head coaches. Sopovich might not have the best track record, but people are always learn. Let's hope he can be a success story.
Old 03-20-18, 07:22 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Is there any reason that this hired hasn't been formally announced or advertised? Obviously it's official if it's in the board minutes. Just odd that it's never been officially announced by anyone. Maybe just out of sheer embarrassment by admin
Old 03-20-18, 08:18 AM
Moderated User

Local paper....
Old 03-20-18, 09:51 AM
All District

FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Is there any reason that this hired hasn't been formally announced or advertised? Obviously it's official if it's in the board minutes. Just odd that it's never been officially announced by anyone. Maybe just out of sheer embarrassment by admin
You didn't attend the national press conference announcing the hire?
Old 03-20-18, 10:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
Local paper....
I didn't see it online. When they announced Craemer last year it was in the paper and online on multiple news sites (News Herald, Chesterland news, etc.). Nothing this year. Just very odd. West G must be trying to stay out of the spotlight for a while.
Old 03-20-18, 10:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
You didn't attend the national press conference announcing the hire?
Must have been out of town for that one
Old 03-20-18, 10:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Local paper....
Does anyone under the age of 40 (or 50) even read the local paper anymore?
Old 03-21-18, 08:21 AM
All District

FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Local news article on hire...

https://www.geaugamapleleaf.com/spor...ootball-coach/
Old 03-21-18, 11:31 AM
Junior Varsity

50Hybrid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingCardinal View Post
Looks like a total tool with wearing his headset for a headshot picture.
Old 03-21-18, 03:36 PM
Moderated User

Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Hybrid View Post
Lol ��. That picture was taken and blown up from oberlin football article. I don’t think coach posed for pic. It was a far away pic which reporter blew up. Don’t hate the player hate the game!
Old 03-21-18, 05:23 PM
Varsity

Lex Luger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Hybrid View Post
Not compared to the previous 2 coaches, Cirino looked like he frequented the BLUE OYSTER (police academy)and Craemers head looked like gazoo Head.
Not interested in pics though hoping this new guy is not a stiff of a coach
Hope he didnít give these kids a pass and let the kids run the program like the past two Coaches. I heard it was a nightmare. Kids broke into A school, hazed other students, drank, smoked, skipped practice, sat out practice, stole. And coaches turned a blind eye as long as the coach hung out with those kids. Pathetic! Iíll see what next coach does before I return to Friday night game. If kids are under control and try hard , My wife and I will return to Friday night games. If not we will just watch DATELINE
Old 03-21-18, 05:40 PM
Varsity

And while West Geauga is at it!
When is the administration going to bring back Wrestling?
I’m a huge wrestling fan and some 20 years plus, Administration abruptly ended the wrestling program? WEST GEAUGA IS Too Big a community not to have a wrestling program!
They have a middle school program but NO highschool program. I find this very strange. It’s one of life’s great mysteries?
Old 03-21-18, 09:23 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
And while West Geauga is at it!
When is the administration going to bring back Wrestling?
Iím a huge wrestling fan and some 20 years plus, Administration abruptly ended the wrestling program? WEST GEAUGA IS Too Big a community not to have a wrestling program!
They have a middle school program but NO highschool program. I find this very strange. Itís one of lifeís great mysteries?
insightful post Lex...and funny. The real mystery is how come the coach is suddenly "retiring". What a complete and utter embarrassment to the WG community. His greedy hands will not be missed. Good riddance, it was way overdue.

Middle school coach should get the job. It will be real different having a wrestling program where parents like the coach.

Last edited by Dee Lou Chanel; 03-21-18 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-22-18, 10:27 AM
All Region

Thanks for sharing the article. Still odd to me that this wasn't in the News-Herald, Chesterland News or anything (or it could be uploaded in the next few days since this article was from yesterday.)

West coast offense? Options? Should be interesting to see if this works in the CVC. Not sure WG has the speed for the same stuff he was running at Warrensville. Hopefully this coach can adapt to the players he has........
Old 03-22-18, 10:56 AM
Varsity

Well I’m still trying to figure out what offensive scheme they ran last year.
Although to be fair I only went to one game. Slow running backs last year. Might as well had lineman carry the ball.
Just hoping I see a change for the better in this program.
Dee Lou Chanel you mentioned that West Geauga has a highschool wrestling program?
I think your mistaken! I follow wrestling very close and havent witnessed it!
You must be confused
Old 03-22-18, 11:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Well Iím still trying to figure out what offensive scheme they ran last year.
Although to be fair I only went to one game. Slow running backs last year. Might as well had lineman carry the ball.
Just hoping I see a change for the better in this program.
Dee Lou Chanel you mentioned that West Geauga has a highschool wrestling program?
I think your mistaken! I follow wrestling very close and havent witnessed it!
You must be confused
They ran the same thing everyone else runs: inside and outside zone read with QB sprint out. Nothing new. Chagrin runs the exact same offense.

But the article talks about jet sweeps, options, etc. No way WG has the speed to run that stuff and be successful (especially against NDCL, Chardon, Perry, etc). We will see, I hope I'm wrong. This guy has to adapt the offense to his personnel. Too many coaches (cough Hue Jackson cough) want to run what they've always run and won't adapt to personnel. Doesn't work. Warrensville and WG are night and day
Old 03-22-18, 11:56 AM
Varsity

Well if chagrin ran the same offense, like I said “ I’m still trying to figure out what they ran last year”. We played chagrinfalls last year at home and lost 27/6
So chagrin must have ran it better than west g, I’ll try anything over what happened last year. Keep rooting against change. You will look foolish or smart. Time will tell.
If you believe west g. Should have just kept The last coach then there is no reasoning with you. I have no idea if new coach will be good or bad nor do you, but at least someone from administration didn’t believe in the last coaching staff. So I will hope I can root for my local school. If not I can just watch Dateline
Old 03-22-18, 12:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Well if chagrin ran the same offense, like I said ď Iím still trying to figure out what they ran last yearĒ. We played chagrinfalls last year at home and lost 27/6
So chagrin must have ran it better than west g, Iíll try anything over what happened last year. Keep rooting against change. You will look foolish or smart. Time will tell.
If you believe west g. Should have just kept The last coach then there is no reasoning with you. I have no idea if new coach will be good or bad nor do you, but at least someone from administration didnít believe in the last coaching staff. So I will hope I can root for my local school. If not I can just watch Dateline
Never once said I agreed or disagreed with not keeping the last coach. I moved past that 3 months ago like everyone else in this thread. I know you joined late so I won't keep harping on it....

And yes, Chagrin did run it better than West G. Chardon and Geneva both run the Wing-T and Chardon wins considerably more games than Geneva. You can run the same system with multiple teams and get different results. I'll go back to what I said in my previous post: ADAPT TO PERSONNEL

I was specifically talking about the new coach and what the Maple Leaf article said. Plus I have coached against Warrensville in the past and know what they have run. Just doesn't mesh well with the type of athlete at WG.

But please, keep complaining about watching whiny liberal news on Friday nights instead of football. You must be a real catch
Old 03-22-18, 12:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
Well if chagrin ran the same offense, like I said ď Iím still trying to figure out what they ran last yearĒ. We played chagrinfalls last year at home and lost 27/6
So chagrin must have ran it better than west g, Iíll try anything over what happened last year. Keep rooting against change. You will look foolish or smart. Time will tell.
If you believe west g. Should have just kept The last coach then there is no reasoning with you. I have no idea if new coach will be good or bad nor do you, but at least someone from administration didnít believe in the last coaching staff. So I will hope I can root for my local school. If not I can just watch Dateline
Inside/outside zone is a pretty basic offense. Do some research please
Old 03-22-18, 01:08 PM
Varsity

Like I said I watched one game.
They sucked
But if that’s the football you like.
3-7 last year. 1-9 year prior at Harvey
You should apply to coach west g wrestling program you would fit in nicely
Old 03-22-18, 01:20 PM
Varsity

Well we will see what happens tribefan23
I’m sure with your great knowledge of football
Coach Craemer will be snatched up rather quickly as will the rest of that staff.
You and a few others I’ve read this past week will either look like fools if this coach succeeds. If not ,and this new coach is a bust out. At least administrators tried something.
I actually hope to see my local highschool do well. I will go to the Chardon game this year
If they compete I will continue to go to games until I see bad bad football like I witnessed at the game I went to last year.
Old 03-22-18, 01:27 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Like I said I watched one game.
They sucked
But if thatís the football you like.
3-7 last year. 1-9 year prior at Harvey
You should apply to coach west g wrestling program you would fit in nicely
My buddy said the wrestling job is a nice gig. One coach for every 2 wrestlers. How does that coach sleep at night? The neighboring schools love that guy and all the wrestlers that leave WG. People are doing cartwheels over his "retiring".
Old 03-22-18, 01:39 PM
Varsity

Well according to tribefan23 you obviously don’t watch enough wrestling
They taught the kids the UNDERTAKERS TOMBSTONE, Iron shield, CAMEL CLUTCH , the headlock and how to count burned out lightbulbs on the ceiling. But the football team according to tribefan23 was a very well oiled machine. Chagrin falls ran the same offense yet destroyed Westg at home. How silly of me not to recognize greatness. The one game I went to. I just heard the phone ring it’s AKRON HOBAN CALLING LOOKING TO HIRE TRIBEFAN23 and the rest of the West g football staff! Hurry up and grab the call
Old 03-22-18, 01:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Well according to tribefan23 you obviously don’t watch enough wrestling
They taught the kids the UNDERTAKERS TOMBSTONE, Iron shield, CAMEL CLUTCH , the headlock and how to count burned out lightbulbs on the ceiling. But the football team according to tribefan23 was a very well oiled machine. Chagrin falls ran the same offense yet destroyed Westg at home. How silly of me not to recognize greatness. The one game I went to. I just heard the phone ring it’s AKRON HOBAN CALLING LOOKING TO HIRE TRIBEFAN23 and the rest of the West g football staff! Hurry up and grab the call
lol someones mad at an anonymous football thread. lmao

Just another troll on this website who claims he "only watched one West G game but knows everything that happened there"

Did you happen to do a google search on inside/outside zone yet? Because with 2.5 minutes of research, you could figure out that yes, West G and Chagrin ran the same offenses.

And no, I would never coach wrestling, but thanks for the offer. In fact, I wouldn't go near West G right now. It's a dumpster fire, just like your posts.

But thanks for joining in on the conversation 5 months late
Closed Thread