Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-21-18, 02:55 PM
Freshman

OSU_FB11 is on a distinguished road
Question Parma Senior HS

Any update on the Parma Redmen head coaching job after Bruce Saban retired after last season? Also anything new as far as consolidating Forge and/or Normandy? How has a school of that size only appeared (and lost) in one playoff game? I know that Iggy/ Padua/ Holy Name get a lot of Parma kids, but even Forge and Normandy have had decent stretches- hopefully the new guy they hire can light a spark
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-18, 07:54 AM
Freshman

Ok so looks like not a lot of talk on this, which surprises me given the schools size. But, I did hear they did some interviews last week, maybe a local assistant from Ignatius? Anyone hearing ANYTHING?
Old 02-27-18, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
I have to believe that at some point in the next half decade or so these schools will merge down to one or two buildings. But then again I've been predicting that for a while, so...
Old 02-27-18, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Parma schools are a hot mess. They should have consolidated years ago but for political reasons they stayed in an inefficient system with a shrinking tax base not willing to pay for it, a bad combo in the current climate. My guess is the state will have to take over and make the hard decisions that the school board will not make due to local pressure.
Old 03-02-18, 07:33 AM
Freshman

Dean Lasley, a current Parma assistant has been hired as the new Head Coach. If that name sounds familiar, it is because he was also previously the Parma HC back in the early 2000s
Old 03-03-18, 07:14 AM
All Region

Trinity83 is on a distinguished road
Dean Lasley was head coach in 2012 and 2013, he took over when Rob Cyr resigned.

Last edited by Trinity83; 03-03-18 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-03-18, 04:28 PM
All Region

Good hire . . . .
They were not offering a teaching position with the head coaching job, so I'm glad Dean excepted the job.
Old 03-03-18, 09:04 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity83 View Post
Good hire . . . .
They were not offering a teaching position with the head coaching job, so I'm glad Dean excepted the job.
I guess its just shocking that a program of that size, with such little success hasn't gone outside their program for a hire in so long. Cyr, then Lasley, to Saban back to Lasley (am I missing someone?) guys with 7-13 records don't often get second chances at the same school thats all
Old 03-04-18, 07:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU_FB11 View Post
I guess its just shocking that a program of that size, with such little success hasn't gone outside their program for a hire in so long. Cyr, then Lasley, to Saban back to Lasley (am I missing someone?) guys with 7-13 records don't often get second chances at the same school thats all
OSU_FB11
I understand what your saying . . . .
Rob Cyr was the last coach to have a winning record 25-16, and make the playoffs and resigned after the 2011 season.
Cyr took over at Parma when Beau Balderson left as result of his teaching position being cut in 2008.
With no teaching position with the head coaching job, what do they have to offer to bringing in a outsider ?

Dean is a good coach and already has a teaching position at Parma

If the schools merged their would be more interest.

Last edited by Trinity83; 03-04-18 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-04-18, 08:43 AM
Freshman

Spot50 is on a distinguished road
In regards to Dean's hire, Parma continues to take the easy way out. He is an outstanding person but as a Head Coach, he didn't get it done the first time around. Why would they think he will get it done the second time around. The culture is and will be the same. The D and O will be the same as when Coach Saban and Dean was the Head Coach previously. They will beat Valley Forge, Normandy and the usual 2 Cleveland schools on the schedule. Everyone else will beat them. Over the past 18 seasons, Parma Sr is 72-109 with one playoff berth. Combined opponents records of the teams they beat is 185 - 535 (32% winning %). They have had talent over the years. All I am saying is that there was an opportunity to bring in someone different perhaps a coach that was familiar with the program but didn't need a teaching position. I'll leave with this quote "You will always get what you have always gotten if you always do what you have always done."
Old 03-04-18, 09:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot50 View Post
In regards to Dean's hire, Parma continues to take the easy way out. He is an outstanding person but as a Head Coach, he didn't get it done the first time around. Why would they think he will get it done the second time around. The culture is and will be the same. The D and O will be the same as when Coach Saban and Dean was the Head Coach previously. They will beat Valley Forge, Normandy and the usual 2 Cleveland schools on the schedule. Everyone else will beat them. Over the past 18 seasons, Parma Sr is 72-109 with one playoff berth. Combined opponents records of the teams they beat is 185 - 535 (32% winning %). They have had talent over the years. All I am saying is that there was an opportunity to bring in someone different perhaps a coach that was familiar with the program but didn't need a teaching position. I'll leave with this quote "You will always get what you have always gotten if you always do what you have always done."
Maybe I'm not in the loop anymore, I did not know they had the person your referring

"was an opportunity to bring in someone different perhaps a coach that was familiar
with the program but didn't need a teaching position."

Send me a PM if your able to share
Old 03-05-18, 07:07 AM
Freshman

If he is such a good coach, why did they get rid of him once before? And 7-13 isn't anything that backs up that he is a special coach. I've been told this- they had an opportunity to bring in a young coach, who didn't need a teaching position and they passed. PCSD seem to be content being average
Old 03-05-18, 07:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU_FB11 View Post
If he is such a good coach, why did they get rid of him once before? And 7-13 isn't anything that backs up that he is a special coach. I've been told this- they had an opportunity to bring in a young coach, who didn't need a teaching position and they passed. PCSD seem to be content being average
I can't argue who applied for the job, because I don't know all the applicants.

I can say I believe Dean is a good coach and I like the hire (special was your words not mine)
also Parma did not get rid of him once before, he resigned.

Your 1st Post "even Forge and Normandy have had decent stretches" ???

V.F. went to playoffs 1 time in the last 18 years. Record ( 52 - 129 )
Normandy went to playoffs 3 times with Turner, but none since. Record ( 59 - 126 )
Parma went to playoff 1 time. record ( 72 - 109 )

Your Favorite Team is Padua, so you probably know they poached one of V.F.
best young sophomore football players in Jan.

Last edited by Trinity83; 03-06-18 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-05-18, 07:50 PM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Parma Senior HS

Padua better go after better talent than valley forge if they want to compete with and get past the big boys in their region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-18, 07:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.S. Furgeson View Post
Padua better go after better talent than valley forge if they want to compete with and get past the big boys in their region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Point