Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #421  
Old 09-06-17, 10:13 AM
pigskin13 pigskin13 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 743
pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
I still think the Small division will be the Sandy Valley-Buckeye Trail winner.
In Austin Snodgrass and Cameron Blair they have 2 of the best players in the division.
I'd put Strasburg's Andrew Creagan right up there with them.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 09-06-17, 10:16 AM
Redline Redline is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-23-17
Posts: 62
Redline is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't count out East Canton
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 09-06-17, 10:36 AM
ECOLace ECOLace is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-12
Posts: 680
ECOLace is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Redline;6827838]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post

Not knocking the young man, knocking the administration and other decision makers at SV. All i said was that it shouldn't be difficult for him to put up big numbers against these schools. It was more a dig at the SV decision makers. I apologize if it came off as an insult towards the young man.
The league made the decision and had more to do with Newcomerstown wanting to stay in the South division due to travel.
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 09-06-17, 10:55 AM
Johnny Moxon Johnny Moxon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 78
Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
The problem with the league is they let the schools say what they want. If the schools had a problem with it... then leave the league. SV has no business in the small school and newcomerstown has no business in the big. Just my thoughts.

I believe the winner of small school will be buckeye trail or east canton. Both schools will run all over SV.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 09-06-17, 11:00 AM
ECOLace ECOLace is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-12
Posts: 680
ECOLace is on a distinguished road
If none of the other schools had issues with it, why should you? It only creates an extra long trip for most schools involved.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 09-06-17, 11:13 AM
mingua mingua is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-13-17
Posts: 67
mingua is on a distinguished road
I have no idea about the history of the whole Sandy Valley / Newcomerstown "issue" or if it even is one. I'm just not sure why Newcomerstown would want in the big school division.

I just can't imagine that the small schools will continually want to face the yearly fact that the best they can do is 8-2. Sounds like several teams, East Canton, Trail, have nice teams that could face off in week 10 for the small school trophy.
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 09-06-17, 12:08 PM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,269
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
It is an odd set up and is scheduled where maybe whomever draws Newcomerstown will have an opportunity as a small school member winning vs a big school member. Also, schools that play schools from the conference in an out of conference game is odd, but this whole thing will work itself out.
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 09-06-17, 01:06 PM
Football 101 Football 101 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,122
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
listen Newcomerstown went to the league and stated they didn't want all the travel and needed to cut costs

They voiced the opinion of wanting the local rivalries, they were fully aware the schools sizes and the travel involved.

EC, CV, Claymont, IV, TV, and Trail were all contacted and the league set up north south not big small - just the majority fell that way.

Malvern and SV both border EC, these schools naturally fit in the north

claymont IV Newc and Ridgewood are all along the same main route. I think 39? Garaway borders them

TCC Strasburg being smaller and to the north fit that way. They had an outlier with Hiland who requested to be in the south as they border schools that way.

CV was added for all but football to north and balance the one school to south with no football

basketball and baseball will see Buckeye Trail and Tusky Valley swap spots for travel purposes - and I can see eventually that switch being for football as well. And I could see a drop of crossovers.

No one in the league had issue with this setup, and as I talk to several in these districts there has been nothing but welcome and positive comments about the setup.

The league schools did what was best for them and didn't have to force anyone into their respective spots. Actually opposite - claymont and IV were pumped to join and now have natural rivals with neighbor schools. EC was happy to join with malvern and sandy valley their natural rivals.
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 09-06-17, 02:10 PM
hammerman37 hammerman37 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-27-16
Posts: 191
hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
OPPONENT DIVISION
D3 D4 D5 D6 D7

WOOD 0 2 2 4 2
GARAWAY 0 3 2 1 4
SV 0 3 2 1 4
NEWCOMERSTOWN 0 2 2 3 3
TV 0 2 3 3 2
IV 0 2 5 3 0
CLAYMONT 1 2 4 3 0

Seems as if the non league games have evened up the discrepancy some people have been concerned with that i've heard about the past couple of years. SV increased its non-division opponents through increased sized schools whereas some schools in the big division went down.

Last edited by hammerman37; 09-06-17 at 02:14 PM. Reason: wrong use of words.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 09-07-17, 01:17 PM
knockout99 knockout99 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-05-13
Posts: 59
knockout99 is on a distinguished road
Nice set-up for travel and rivalries but poor Newcomerstown program will suffer. I know that they asked for it but man thats a heavy cost to the program. I hope I am wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 09-07-17, 01:32 PM
colorswitch colorswitch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 100
colorswitch is on a distinguished road
i predict Newcomerstown and Buckeye Trail will drop out within two years, Ridgewood will drop out after their freshmen class gets through.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 09-07-17, 01:32 PM
pigskin13 pigskin13 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 743
pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout99 View Post
Nice set-up for travel and rivalries but poor Newcomerstown program will suffer. I know that they asked for it but man thats a heavy cost to the program. I hope I am wrong though.
It may save the school some gas money, but those poor kids will pay the price, look at their last 4 games...
A-Indian Valley
H-Claymont
H-Garaway
A-Ridgewood
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 09-07-17, 08:13 PM
luvhsfb luvhsfb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Location: the lake
Posts: 54
luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
I wouldn't count out East Canton
would not be wise to
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 09-07-17, 08:17 PM
luvhsfb luvhsfb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Location: the lake
Posts: 54
luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
listen Newcomerstown went to the league and stated they didn't want all the travel and needed to cut costs

They voiced the opinion of wanting the local rivalries, they were fully aware the schools sizes and the travel involved.

EC, CV, Claymont, IV, TV, and Trail were all contacted and the league set up north south not big small - just the majority fell that way.

Malvern and SV both border EC, these schools naturally fit in the north

claymont IV Newc and Ridgewood are all along the same main route. I think 39? Garaway borders them

TCC Strasburg being smaller and to the north fit that way. They had an outlier with Hiland who requested to be in the south as they border schools that way.

CV was added for all but football to north and balance the one school to south with no football

basketball and baseball will see Buckeye Trail and Tusky Valley swap spots for travel purposes - and I can see eventually that switch being for football as well. And I could see a drop of crossovers.

No one in the league had issue with this setup, and as I talk to several in these districts there has been nothing but welcome and positive comments about the setup.

The league schools did what was best for them and didn't have to force anyone into their respective spots. Actually opposite - claymont and IV were pumped to join and now have natural rivals with neighbor schools. EC was happy to join with malvern and sandy valley their natural rivals.
Wow a voice of reason!
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 09-07-17, 08:19 PM
luvhsfb luvhsfb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Location: the lake
Posts: 54
luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
If none of the other schools had issues with it, why should you? It only creates an extra long trip for most schools involved.
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 09-07-17, 08:22 PM
luvhsfb luvhsfb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Location: the lake
Posts: 54
luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moxon View Post
The problem with the league is they let the schools say what they want. If the schools had a problem with it... then leave the league. SV has no business in the small school and newcomerstown has no business in the big. Just my thoughts.

I believe the winner of small school will be buckeye trail or east canton. Both schools will run all over SV.
just wondering who the league is,and who would force schools to go against their best interests? Any idea how a league works?
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 09-08-17, 11:59 PM
FootballFan1795 FootballFan1795 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 941
FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Despite 6 turnovers, TCC gets their first win of the season: 13-10. Worthington shot themselves in the foot with a ridiculous amount of penalties and one turnover.
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 09-09-17, 12:47 AM
colorswitch colorswitch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 100
colorswitch is on a distinguished road
I just crunched a lot of the small school numbers, and if some of the small schools don't upset the big schools the next couple of weeks we likely won't see a representative in the ohsaa playoffs out of that division. The crossover games totally benefit the big schools. They need to make a change next year!!
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 09-09-17, 09:57 AM
ECOLace ECOLace is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-12
Posts: 680
ECOLace is on a distinguished road
I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of the cross over games either. It obviously favors the bigger schools like Claymont and Indian Valley this year, but it may hurt Garaway and Ridgewood in the future where they're playing 2-8 teams in the small division. Plus it lowers the potential maximum value of playoff points.
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 09-09-17, 11:27 AM
colorswitch colorswitch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 100
colorswitch is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the commissioners will see this in the coming weeks and allow teams to find different opponents for next year.
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Old 09-11-17, 08:12 AM
hammerman37 hammerman37 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-27-16
Posts: 191
hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have confirmation of what some of the players from Tusky Valley were supposedly saying Friday night against Sandy Valley? It was pretty discraceful if so. I can verify that a player from SV was injured on the sideline of TV and for a good two minutes while he lay there, the opposing team stood around him along with the coaching staff and never got to a knee or cleared out away from him. It wasn't until a good portion of the TV fan base started yelling at their own team to take a knee over and over and then the SV side started doing the same thing that they cleared out and briefly took a knee before standing back up. I wonder if the mentality of this team is different than it looked to me from the sideline, i hope so.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 09-11-17, 08:56 AM
pirateflash07 pirateflash07 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-15-12
Location: amishville sugarcreek
Posts: 653
pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
Does anyone have confirmation of what some of the players from Tusky Valley were supposedly saying Friday night against Sandy Valley? It was pretty discraceful if so. I can verify that a player from SV was injured on the sideline of TV and for a good two minutes while he lay there, the opposing team stood around him along with the coaching staff and never got to a knee or cleared out away from him. It wasn't until a good portion of the TV fan base started yelling at their own team to take a knee over and over and then the SV side started doing the same thing that they cleared out and briefly took a knee before standing back up. I wonder if the mentality of this team is different than it looked to me from the sideline, i hope so.
Regardless what a game tho.
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 09-11-17, 10:45 AM
knockout99 knockout99 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-05-13
Posts: 59
knockout99 is on a distinguished road
Taking a knee is stupid!!!
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 09-11-17, 11:10 AM
DollarGENERALGOD DollarGENERALGOD is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-10-17
Posts: 4
DollarGENERALGOD is on a distinguished road
East canton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
I wouldn't count out East Canton
Supposbly east canton is the real deal. I was talking to a guy from ridgewood said he was a coach, read headed kinda guy. He said "we are playing it as our super bowl week. Everyone is excited and if we get this one should be a cake walk to another 10-0 season." I said claymont and Indian valley are pretty damn good he seems to think not.
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 09-11-17, 11:24 AM
ECOLace ECOLace is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-12
Posts: 680
ECOLace is on a distinguished road
I honestly doubt any of the above post is true.
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 09-11-17, 12:55 PM
Redline Redline is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-23-17
Posts: 62
Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarGENERALGOD View Post
Supposbly east canton is the real deal. I was talking to a guy from ridgewood said he was a coach, read headed kinda guy. He said "we are playing it as our super bowl week. Everyone is excited and if we get this one should be a cake walk to another 10-0 season." I said claymont and Indian valley are pretty damn good he seems to think not.
I smell a troll....
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 09-11-17, 12:56 PM
colorswitch colorswitch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 100
colorswitch is on a distinguished road
Coach Slusser said they all have "dudes" so dont try it.
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 09-11-17, 06:09 PM
pigskin13 pigskin13 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 743
pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
Does anyone have confirmation of what some of the players from Tusky Valley were supposedly saying Friday night against Sandy Valley? It was pretty discraceful if so. I can verify that a player from SV was injured on the sideline of TV and for a good two minutes while he lay there, the opposing team stood around him along with the coaching staff and never got to a knee or cleared out away from him. It wasn't until a good portion of the TV fan base started yelling at their own team to take a knee over and over and then the SV side started doing the same thing that they cleared out and briefly took a knee before standing back up. I wonder if the mentality of this team is different than it looked to me from the sideline, i hope so.
I watched the Sandy Valley-Tusky Valley replay on TV-2.
It was a good game, marred by two things...
1-Several late hits, personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties by both teams.
2-Sandy Valley used their attacking pass offense to build a 26-7 lead late in the 3rd QTR, then with over 10 minute left in the 4th the coaches tried to "ice" the game, having the players stand at the line of scrimmage and letting the play clock run down every play and then just handing off.
It didn't work, they lost all momentum and then lost the game.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 09-11-17, 07:36 PM
pigskin13 pigskin13 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 743
pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarGENERALGOD View Post
Supposbly east canton is the real deal. I was talking to a guy from ridgewood said he was a coach, read headed kinda guy. He said "we are playing it as our super bowl week. Everyone is excited and if we get this one should be a cake walk to another 10-0 season." I said claymont and Indian valley are pretty damn good he seems to think not.
Who's telling you East Canton is the real deal?
They are 1-2. They gave up 299 yards rushing to one RB last Friday night.
299 yards, one RB from Rootstown.
Ridgewood should have no problem at home against the Hornets.
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 09-11-17, 08:01 PM
DollarGENERALGOD DollarGENERALGOD is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-10-17
Posts: 4
DollarGENERALGOD is on a distinguished road
Just relaying what I heard never said that's what I thought. I did see that the teams that East Canton played were gigantic!! So we will see when the lights flip on Friday night. Oh and Easton Canton won the state in track so that has to go for something lol!!! Slusser will love that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 17 09-24-18 05:18 PM
2017 Football Conferences Yappi Football 3 12-23-16 12:25 PM
2017 Football scheduling jbica001 Barberton Magics 5 12-12-16 02:06 PM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
High School Football Concussions - Illinois Lawsuit bluengold Football 8 12-04-14 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz