Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-06-17, 10:13 AM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
I still think the Small division will be the Sandy Valley-Buckeye Trail winner.
In Austin Snodgrass and Cameron Blair they have 2 of the best players in the division.
I'd put Strasburg's Andrew Creagan right up there with them.
Old 09-06-17, 10:16 AM
Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't count out East Canton
Old 09-06-17, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Redline;6827838]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post

Not knocking the young man, knocking the administration and other decision makers at SV. All i said was that it shouldn't be difficult for him to put up big numbers against these schools. It was more a dig at the SV decision makers. I apologize if it came off as an insult towards the young man.
The league made the decision and had more to do with Newcomerstown wanting to stay in the South division due to travel.
Old 09-06-17, 10:55 AM
Varsity

Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
The problem with the league is they let the schools say what they want. If the schools had a problem with it... then leave the league. SV has no business in the small school and newcomerstown has no business in the big. Just my thoughts.

I believe the winner of small school will be buckeye trail or east canton. Both schools will run all over SV.
Old 09-06-17, 11:00 AM
All Ohio

If none of the other schools had issues with it, why should you? It only creates an extra long trip for most schools involved.
Old 09-06-17, 11:13 AM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
I have no idea about the history of the whole Sandy Valley / Newcomerstown "issue" or if it even is one. I'm just not sure why Newcomerstown would want in the big school division.

I just can't imagine that the small schools will continually want to face the yearly fact that the best they can do is 8-2. Sounds like several teams, East Canton, Trail, have nice teams that could face off in week 10 for the small school trophy.
Old 09-06-17, 12:08 PM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
It is an odd set up and is scheduled where maybe whomever draws Newcomerstown will have an opportunity as a small school member winning vs a big school member. Also, schools that play schools from the conference in an out of conference game is odd, but this whole thing will work itself out.
Old 09-06-17, 01:06 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
listen Newcomerstown went to the league and stated they didn't want all the travel and needed to cut costs

They voiced the opinion of wanting the local rivalries, they were fully aware the schools sizes and the travel involved.

EC, CV, Claymont, IV, TV, and Trail were all contacted and the league set up north south not big small - just the majority fell that way.

Malvern and SV both border EC, these schools naturally fit in the north

claymont IV Newc and Ridgewood are all along the same main route. I think 39? Garaway borders them

TCC Strasburg being smaller and to the north fit that way. They had an outlier with Hiland who requested to be in the south as they border schools that way.

CV was added for all but football to north and balance the one school to south with no football

basketball and baseball will see Buckeye Trail and Tusky Valley swap spots for travel purposes - and I can see eventually that switch being for football as well. And I could see a drop of crossovers.

No one in the league had issue with this setup, and as I talk to several in these districts there has been nothing but welcome and positive comments about the setup.

The league schools did what was best for them and didn't have to force anyone into their respective spots. Actually opposite - claymont and IV were pumped to join and now have natural rivals with neighbor schools. EC was happy to join with malvern and sandy valley their natural rivals.
Old 09-06-17, 02:10 PM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
OPPONENT DIVISION
D3 D4 D5 D6 D7

WOOD 0 2 2 4 2
GARAWAY 0 3 2 1 4
SV 0 3 2 1 4
NEWCOMERSTOWN 0 2 2 3 3
TV 0 2 3 3 2
IV 0 2 5 3 0
CLAYMONT 1 2 4 3 0

Seems as if the non league games have evened up the discrepancy some people have been concerned with that i've heard about the past couple of years. SV increased its non-division opponents through increased sized schools whereas some schools in the big division went down.

Last edited by hammerman37; 09-06-17 at 02:14 PM. Reason: wrong use of words.
Old 09-07-17, 01:17 PM
Varsity

knockout99 is on a distinguished road
Nice set-up for travel and rivalries but poor Newcomerstown program will suffer. I know that they asked for it but man thats a heavy cost to the program. I hope I am wrong though.
Old 09-07-17, 01:32 PM
All District

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
i predict Newcomerstown and Buckeye Trail will drop out within two years, Ridgewood will drop out after their freshmen class gets through.
Old 09-07-17, 01:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout99 View Post
Nice set-up for travel and rivalries but poor Newcomerstown program will suffer. I know that they asked for it but man thats a heavy cost to the program. I hope I am wrong though.
It may save the school some gas money, but those poor kids will pay the price, look at their last 4 games...
A-Indian Valley
H-Claymont
H-Garaway
A-Ridgewood
Old 09-07-17, 08:13 PM
Varsity

luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
would not be wise to
Old 09-07-17, 08:17 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
listen Newcomerstown went to the league and stated they didn't want all the travel and needed to cut costs

They voiced the opinion of wanting the local rivalries, they were fully aware the schools sizes and the travel involved.

EC, CV, Claymont, IV, TV, and Trail were all contacted and the league set up north south not big small - just the majority fell that way.

Malvern and SV both border EC, these schools naturally fit in the north

claymont IV Newc and Ridgewood are all along the same main route. I think 39? Garaway borders them

TCC Strasburg being smaller and to the north fit that way. They had an outlier with Hiland who requested to be in the south as they border schools that way.

CV was added for all but football to north and balance the one school to south with no football

basketball and baseball will see Buckeye Trail and Tusky Valley swap spots for travel purposes - and I can see eventually that switch being for football as well. And I could see a drop of crossovers.

No one in the league had issue with this setup, and as I talk to several in these districts there has been nothing but welcome and positive comments about the setup.

The league schools did what was best for them and didn't have to force anyone into their respective spots. Actually opposite - claymont and IV were pumped to join and now have natural rivals with neighbor schools. EC was happy to join with malvern and sandy valley their natural rivals.
Wow a voice of reason!
Old 09-07-17, 08:19 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
If none of the other schools had issues with it, why should you? It only creates an extra long trip for most schools involved.
Old 09-07-17, 08:22 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moxon View Post
The problem with the league is they let the schools say what they want. If the schools had a problem with it... then leave the league. SV has no business in the small school and newcomerstown has no business in the big. Just my thoughts.

I believe the winner of small school will be buckeye trail or east canton. Both schools will run all over SV.
just wondering who the league is,and who would force schools to go against their best interests? Any idea how a league works?
Old 09-08-17, 11:59 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Despite 6 turnovers, TCC gets their first win of the season: 13-10. Worthington shot themselves in the foot with a ridiculous amount of penalties and one turnover.
Old 09-09-17, 12:47 AM
All District

I just crunched a lot of the small school numbers, and if some of the small schools don't upset the big schools the next couple of weeks we likely won't see a representative in the ohsaa playoffs out of that division. The crossover games totally benefit the big schools. They need to make a change next year!!
Old 09-09-17, 09:57 AM
All Ohio

I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of the cross over games either. It obviously favors the bigger schools like Claymont and Indian Valley this year, but it may hurt Garaway and Ridgewood in the future where they're playing 2-8 teams in the small division. Plus it lowers the potential maximum value of playoff points.
Old 09-09-17, 11:27 AM
All District

Hopefully the commissioners will see this in the coming weeks and allow teams to find different opponents for next year.
Old 09-11-17, 08:12 AM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have confirmation of what some of the players from Tusky Valley were supposedly saying Friday night against Sandy Valley? It was pretty discraceful if so. I can verify that a player from SV was injured on the sideline of TV and for a good two minutes while he lay there, the opposing team stood around him along with the coaching staff and never got to a knee or cleared out away from him. It wasn't until a good portion of the TV fan base started yelling at their own team to take a knee over and over and then the SV side started doing the same thing that they cleared out and briefly took a knee before standing back up. I wonder if the mentality of this team is different than it looked to me from the sideline, i hope so.
Old 09-11-17, 08:56 AM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Does anyone have confirmation of what some of the players from Tusky Valley were supposedly saying Friday night against Sandy Valley? It was pretty discraceful if so. I can verify that a player from SV was injured on the sideline of TV and for a good two minutes while he lay there, the opposing team stood around him along with the coaching staff and never got to a knee or cleared out away from him. It wasn't until a good portion of the TV fan base started yelling at their own team to take a knee over and over and then the SV side started doing the same thing that they cleared out and briefly took a knee before standing back up. I wonder if the mentality of this team is different than it looked to me from the sideline, i hope so.
Regardless what a game tho.
Old 09-11-17, 10:45 AM
Varsity

knockout99 is on a distinguished road
Taking a knee is stupid!!!
Old 09-11-17, 11:10 AM
Freshman

DollarGENERALGOD is on a distinguished road
East canton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Supposbly east canton is the real deal. I was talking to a guy from ridgewood said he was a coach, read headed kinda guy. He said "we are playing it as our super bowl week. Everyone is excited and if we get this one should be a cake walk to another 10-0 season." I said claymont and Indian valley are pretty damn good he seems to think not.
Old 09-11-17, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

I honestly doubt any of the above post is true.
Old 09-11-17, 12:55 PM
Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarGENERALGOD View Post
Supposbly east canton is the real deal. I was talking to a guy from ridgewood said he was a coach, read headed kinda guy. He said "we are playing it as our super bowl week. Everyone is excited and if we get this one should be a cake walk to another 10-0 season." I said claymont and Indian valley are pretty damn good he seems to think not.
I smell a troll....
Old 09-11-17, 12:56 PM
All District

Coach Slusser said they all have "dudes" so dont try it.
Old 09-11-17, 06:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I watched the Sandy Valley-Tusky Valley replay on TV-2.
It was a good game, marred by two things...
1-Several late hits, personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties by both teams.
2-Sandy Valley used their attacking pass offense to build a 26-7 lead late in the 3rd QTR, then with over 10 minute left in the 4th the coaches tried to "ice" the game, having the players stand at the line of scrimmage and letting the play clock run down every play and then just handing off.
It didn't work, they lost all momentum and then lost the game.
Old 09-11-17, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarGENERALGOD View Post
Who's telling you East Canton is the real deal?
They are 1-2. They gave up 299 yards rushing to one RB last Friday night.
299 yards, one RB from Rootstown.
Ridgewood should have no problem at home against the Hornets.
Old 09-11-17, 08:01 PM
Freshman

DollarGENERALGOD is on a distinguished road
Just relaying what I heard never said that's what I thought. I did see that the teams that East Canton played were gigantic!! So we will see when the lights flip on Friday night. Oh and Easton Canton won the state in track so that has to go for something lol!!! Slusser will love that.