Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-18, 11:32 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
So we played Lasalle. what's your point? You guys sailed along and when you got to the week when things got tougher you squandered a 21 point lead. Perry got annihilated by Lasalle but made the final game twice. Glenoak schedules Iggy and Toledo Whitmer. CCC had no one else to play. Wait till you see this years schedules. Another thing. You have no idea what a team is going to do with the rest of their schedule when you play them. If no one else seems to want Massillon in the Fed. why did your admin. apply? Ah. Yeah. You know more than those guys. Get off of Yappi and get on your BOE. or talk to them. I have a feeling Massillon doesn't want to be in The Fed. I mean how long has it been since they applied? Ask Jackson to play you. Get that soccer team up and running and then you can compete.
My point exactly, what does the FED have to offer Massillon? Massillon brings more respect to the FED in football, as far as competition for others. The FED has nothing to offer Massillon in any way if they join. It would be a stupid move for them to join the FED, always was and always will be. It was stupid for McKinley to join and it has driven their basketball team and football team down to a mediocre level, and many McKinley fans are enraged about this and want them to leave the FED. I'm pretty sure about 90% or better of Massillon's fan base doesn't want them to join, and it's not going to happen, ever.
Old 02-13-18, 11:40 PM
All World

Quote:
So we played Lasalle. what's your point? You guys sailed along and when you got to the week when things got tougher you squandered a 21 point lead. Perry got annihilated by Lasalle but made the final game twice. Glenoak schedules Iggy and Toledo Whitmer. CCC had no one else to play. Wait till you see this years schedules. Another thing. You have no idea what a team is going to do with the rest of their schedule when you play them. If no one else seems to want Massillon in the Fed. why did your admin. apply? Ah. Yeah. You know more than those guys. Get off of Yappi and get on your BOE. or talk to them. I have a feeling Massillon doesn't want to be in The Fed. I mean how long has it been since they applied? Ask Jackson to play you. Get that soccer team up and running and then you can compete.
Massillon also beat you in 2015 with a team that went 4-6, the 1st year you played LaSalle for the title. That game also caused your coach to stop the series with Massillon, for the 2nd time. With Wake as your coach, and I do believe he is a very good coach, your team hides from Massillon in football as much as some of the other FED teams do, fact.
Old 02-14-18, 03:31 AM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Just because something was said here on Yappi doesn't make it so. Jackson's Competitive Balance number is zero (0) as it relates to the basketball program.
My god you truly are ignorant arenít you ???
Jackson doesnít have OE so of course anyone that goes to school there has to live in the district but you do realize that not everyone on that basketball team has lived in the district since grade school.
More hypocrisy.....
Old 02-14-18, 06:34 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
D-II CB bigger numbers:
Publics
Massillon-50
Youngstown East-47
Cin. Withrow-43
Akron Firestone-35
Cin. Winton Woods-34

I don't even begin to understands all of the whining about Massillon's CB number. ... Look at Youngstown East's number yet no complaints about them from anyone, ever. It's because you still don't consider them a threat to beat the almighty FED teams if they schedule them. Same for Firestone.
Said I wouldn't wade back into this one, but I have no life, so I'm back.

The reason Youngstown East, Winthrow, Firestone, etc. have those competitive balance numbers is because they are urban schools in the big city and their students move a lot more than in other districts. Their parents often rent, and if they are poorer, the kids can often get shuffled between mom, dad, grandma, etc. It's not at all unusual to see kids attend Garfield one year, Firestone the next, and so on. The CB system as it is is kind of unfair to inner city schools, because it assumes of them the same working assumption that is given to say, Steubenville, where kids aren't moving around because of socioeconomic reasons, but rather for athletics.

Massillon's is quite high, no matter how you look at it. That said, you are quite correct in that Massillon gets all of the attention when there are many other public schools doing it for athletics -- West Branch I recall is on there, and lots of the more rural D3-D7 football powerhouses. Maybe there's an innocuous reason they have such numbers, but I'm pretty skeptical, since it tends to be good programs that have the highest numbers.
Old 02-14-18, 06:44 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
This is actually a two-part answer and Dessecker was really just following orders. Not playing Massillon really stemmed more from Joe Larson, former Jackson Super who severely suffered from short-guy syndrome and it was more or less confined to football.
So it was Uncle Joe! Forgot all about Jackson's elder dean and former good ole' boy network propagator. Thanks for the laugh.

Poor Dessecker just wanted to go gamble at Mountaineer. Can't say I blame him... if I had worked with the collection of some (nameless) teachers, coaches, board members, and so on Jackson had back then, I'd have developed some kind of problem too. Although Mauro was always a class act I thought, a shame we never got a game with Massillon going in those years, though we'd have likely lost, the Checca-led defenses might have grabbed an upset. But Shepas kind of precluded that after a certain point.
Old 02-14-18, 07:07 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Massillon also beat you in 2015 with a team that went 4-6, the 1st year you played LaSalle for the title. That game also caused your coach to stop the series with Massillon, for the 2nd time. With Wake as your coach, and I do believe he is a very good coach, your team hides from Massillon in football as much as some of the other FED teams do, fact.
Nobody hides from the almighty Massillon, the sooner you whackos figure out teams don't want to play Barnam and Bailey for other reasons the better.
Old 02-14-18, 07:08 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
My point exactly, what does the FED have to offer Massillon? Massillon brings more respect to the FED in football, as far as competition for others. The FED has nothing to offer Massillon in any way if they join. It would be a stupid move for them to join the FED, always was and always will be. It was stupid for McKinley to join and it has driven their basketball team and football team down to a mediocre level, and many McKinley fans are enraged about this and want them to leave the FED. I'm pretty sure about 90% or better of Massillon's fan base doesn't want them to join, and it's not going to happen, ever.
90%?? Come on man! That's why they're fans and don't get paid to handle adult, educated things. Can you imagine if you were in charge of decisions at Massillon, oh my.
Old 02-14-18, 07:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Jackson doesnít have OE so of course anyone that goes to school there has to live in the district but you do realize that not everyone on that basketball team has lived in the district since grade school.
More hypocrisy.....
I follow Jackson basketball pretty close and have asked a couple times, who in the last five years has transferred in because I can't think of anyone that wasn't thru their youth program?
Old 02-14-18, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Good Morning.

Quote:
It is going to be a good day. I am not sure why a down period in McKinley football means the Fed. is not competitive. They did great years ago. So Perry has their number the last few years. So does Massillon. I think there may be a parallel. Think about it. I just looked at a 96 football schedule. Massillon played Moeller. McKinley played Iggy and St. X. So now if you are in the Fed. you don't play as well. Hmmm. Good luck to the Tigers and Bulldogs. Another reason (2015) we want to play later in the year. Not an excuse. I said all along we should play Massillon. You can look back years ago if you want on here. I think it was a great series. Seems funny. Massillon has not been able to play the teams they once did.
Old 02-14-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
D-II CB bigger numbers:
Parochials
Tol. C.C.-200
Cle. Benedictine-169
Cin. LaSalle-137
Akron Hoban-136
Tol. St. Francis DeSales-134
Walsh Jesuit-114
Col. St. Charles-99
Tol. St. Johns-97
Publics
Massillon-50
Youngstown East-47
Cin. Withrow-43
Akron Firestone-35
Cin. Winton Woods-34

I don't even begin to understands all of the whining about Massillon's CB number. They basically have the same or similar parameters as the parochial schools, the number could be triple that and still be legal as you see above. OE schools are a statewide draw as are all parochial schools, go OE if you want the same but don't expect them to adhere to just the district only because you'd like to see it that way. By the way there is only 1 FED school with a CB number of 0 for football for 2018, GlenOak. I really don't care (and most Massillon people shouldn't either) what the antiquated FED thinks of any of this times are changing and they aren't, plain and simple. Look at Youngstown East's number yet no complaints about them from anyone, ever. It's because you still don't consider them a threat to beat the almighty FED teams if they schedule them. Same for Firestone. In the next few years you will begin to see a lot more publics with bigger numbers, still going to be hating on Massillon then? I think you will and that CB number is just another in a long line of excuses for turning tail and hiding from Massillon for some of the FED schools. Most are correct, the FED will never be a good fit for Massillon and if Massillon ever believes different then they are dropping their standards, period.
Massillon joining the Fed would be dropping their standards...ah theres that Massillon arrogance we all know and love.
Old 02-14-18, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
And Massillon also played Winton Woods, also funny but for a different reason. Only 1 Stark school other than Massillon played WW, and it wasn't a FED team, it was CCC. They have more guts than any FED school, they scheduled WW, Massillon didn't but drew them in the playoffs.
They played them out of necessity. if they could've found someone local that week they would've jumped on it.
Old 02-14-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah they squandered a 21 point lead....by giving up 56 unanswered

But hey at least WW was state champs....err...um never mind.
Old 02-14-18, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
McKinley won two state titles in boys basketball and another in girls basketball along with two Final Fours in football including a state runner up as a member of the Fed...but yeah the league is holding them back.

BTW Jackson has won 2 state titles in boys basketball and Perry has 2 state runner ups in football since McKinley joined...why hasn't the league dragged them down to a mediocre level?

Any McKinley fan who believes the league is holding them back is as blinded by arrogance as your fan base is.
Old 02-14-18, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Nobody hides from the almighty Massillon, the sooner you whackos figure out teams don't want to play Barnam and Bailey for other reasons the better.
They'll never figure it out. They are too blinded by arrogance.

The Fed added McKinley...the historically best football and basketball program in the county...but they are ducking Massillon
Old 02-14-18, 09:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
[/FONT]

Perry wrestling ?
Hoover softball ?
Hoover swimming ?
Jackson basketball ?

Your right Massillon would do nothing for that league which is exactly why I say you donít want Massillon and Massillon doesnít want you.
Now it's Hoover swimming and Jackson basketball?

You guys are losing it.
Old 02-14-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
More hypocrisy.....
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Get some facts.
Old 02-14-18, 11:34 AM
All Region

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
striker you are correct and you are explaining the tongue in cheek point I proposed.

If any district is just adjacent OE or not OE at all - then that is their choice.

Massillon chooses to be state wide OE - which anyone else can do, so the question becomes - why doesn't your district do state wide OE?

The OHSAA has set these rules - if you don't like them then your beef is with OHSAA not Massillon, and what would the league do for Massillon from a football perspective??
An additional fact that many may not know is that about 20 years ago or so, the Stark County school districts who work with the ESC made an agreement to not have OE. All the districts agreed with the exception of Massillon and Louisville. That agreement has stood for over twenty years and is one of the primary reasons that districts like Canton City do not utilize OE. I am not sure of the specificity of any financial agreements or what not, but I am very much aware that there is an agreement between these districts to not compete with one another and utilize OE.

This came from very reputable and reliable sources and you may choose to disagree, which is fine. Please also don't kill me over missing a minute detail here or there, as I am recalling and repeating what I was told a few years ago.
Old 02-14-18, 11:50 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Well that must not be a very good agreement because right now in Stark County

12 schools have state wide OE.
1 has adjacent OE
5 have no OE.
Old 02-14-18, 11:54 AM
All Ohio

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
And non-district residents can pay the following to attend closed enrollment schools:

$2772.41 - Canton City
$7177.22 - Jackson Local
$4380.47 - Lake Local
$6104.56 - North Canton City
$5085.44 - Plain Local
Old 02-14-18, 12:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
An additional fact that many may not know is that about 20 years ago or so, the Stark County school districts who work with the ESC made an agreement to not have OE. All the districts agreed with the exception of Massillon and Louisville. That agreement has stood for over twenty years and is one of the primary reasons that districts like Canton City do not utilize OE. I am not sure of the specificity of any financial agreements or what not, but I am very much aware that there is an agreement between these districts to not compete with one another and utilize OE.

This came from very reputable and reliable sources and you may choose to disagree, which is fine. Please also don't kill me over missing a minute detail here or there, as I am recalling and repeating what I was told a few years ago.
So, you are basically saying that 20 years or more ago, there was a back room deal made between certain schools to be anti-OE? OE is a State and Federal approved program format for schools to operate legally under. And you say there may also have been money involved? All sounds kind of shady to me. Seems any kind of deal made to this effect, if there was money changing hands involved, would actually be a corrupt attempt to control something that is actually legal. Go ahead, provide as many details as you possibly can about this meeting and agreement, I'm sure someone in a position to investigate this will be right on it.
Old 02-14-18, 12:45 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
My lord, itís Valentineís Day; I would say about 99% of posters on this thread need to go get some.

As for SammyB heíll listen from behind the door in the other room.
Old 02-14-18, 01:10 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post

The Fed added McKinley...the historically best football and basketball program in the county...but they are ducking Massillon
Then have the ADís from Perry, Hoover and Jackson call Moore to schedule a game. Itís truly that simple.
Old 02-14-18, 01:12 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Now it's Hoover swimming and Jackson basketball?

You guys are losing it.
How many kids pay to go to Hoover for swimming that live in Jackson ?
How many kids on the Jackson basketball team live in Jackson but didnít go to grade school there ?
Old 02-14-18, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

"McKinley...the historically best football program in the county."
Old 02-14-18, 01:14 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Get some facts.
Prove me wrong !
Answer the questions I asked in the previous post to y2h !
It’s funny that you can spew your garbage on this site about kids at Massillon down to probably knowing their shoe size but when you are asked 2 questions about your own school....crickets.....

Last edited by Ts1960; 02-14-18 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-14-18, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
It is going to be a good day. I am not sure why a down period in McKinley football means the Fed. is not competitive. They did great years ago. So Perry has their number the last few years. So does Massillon. I think there may be a parallel. Think about it. I just looked at a 96 football schedule. Massillon played Moeller. McKinley played Iggy and St. X. So now if you are in the Fed. you don't play as well. Hmmm. Good luck to the Tigers and Bulldogs. Another reason (2015) we want to play later in the year. Not an excuse. I said all along we should play Massillon. You can look back years ago if you want on here. I think it was a great series. Seems funny. Massillon has not been able to play the teams they once did.

Wow, the Panthers are first and third games of the year are with Canadian teams.
Old 02-14-18, 01:20 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post
And non-district residents can pay the following to attend closed enrollment schools:

$2772.41 - Canton City
$7177.22 - Jackson Local
$4380.47 - Lake Local
$6104.56 - North Canton City
$5085.44 - Plain Local
This is used a lot more then people realize.
I know there is a family that lives in NC and 1 kid goes to Hoover and the other pays to go to GO. There are at least 3 that live in Jackson and pay for Hoover.
Old 02-14-18, 01:23 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Wow, the Panthers are first and third games of the year are with Canadian teams.
LMAO great job Wake, I canít wait for the beatdown that will be coming in November. Just like usual they wonít see a passing game like the Tigers have and that will be their demise.
Old 02-14-18, 01:27 PM
All District

bodiaz is an unknown quantity at this point
A difference between kids moving to a Federal League schools, and a kid moving to Massillon:

Easy, no one ever chooses to move to Massillon, the town is falling apart at the seams, the infrastructure is the worst in the county, jobs are scarce and the school district is one of the worst if not the worst in the state. Who in the hell would want to move their kids into such a 3rd world city such as Massillon. I recently drove through the SW section of Massillon, looks like it has been attacked with a air strike, good lord, the city sure is coming apart at the seams.
Old 02-14-18, 02:49 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiaz View Post
A difference between kids moving to a Federal League schools, and a kid moving to Massillon:

Easy, no one ever chooses to move to Massillon, the town is falling apart at the seams, the infrastructure is the worst in the county, jobs are scarce and the school district is one of the worst if not the worst in the state. Who in the hell would want to move their kids into such a 3rd world city such as Massillon. I recently drove through the SW section of Massillon, looks like it has been attacked with a air strike, good lord, the city sure is coming apart at the seams.
But yet it happens everyday... typical troll.