Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-24-18, 10:20 AM
Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
No not is not the 3-3 stack that the Bombers run
Old 06-24-18, 11:33 AM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldRothstien View Post
No not is not the 3-3 stack that the Bombers run
the ole 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1? lolz

i would guess it will be similar to what laSalle ran last year since thats were the new DC is coming from.
Old 06-24-18, 05:03 PM
Freshman

GBM23 is on a distinguished road
Have heard that a new quarterback from Lakota West has transferred in. His name is Malik Verdon and he is very highly rated, having already received SEC offers despite being class of 2021. Should be the quarterback of the future, and at the very least give us a very solid backup for this upcoming year.
Old 06-24-18, 08:54 PM
Varsity

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBM23 View Post
Have heard that a new quarterback from Lakota West has transferred in. His name is Malik Verdon and he is very highly rated, having already received SEC offers despite being class of 2021. Should be the quarterback of the future, and at the very least give us a very solid backup for this upcoming year.
Sounds similar to the situation we had two years ago with Ernst, Lampert, and McBride. This Verdon kid sounds to be a lot like McBride so he could have a similar season to what McBride had when he was a sophomore. McKenzie and Caudill remind me a lot of Ernst and Lampert because I think they will be neck and neck with each other for most if not all of the pre season. Also I think all four have very similar styles.
Old 06-25-18, 05:54 AM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rosfeld likes to pound the rock so he will want a QB who can run. The Verdon kid gives depth so maybe Thompson or he will win the back-up/starting job and one of the two or three waiting the wings can play another position. McVittie play receiver his jr year. It should be interesting. With the defense if they run what LaSalle has run since Pat has been there, since the DC comes from LaSalle, they will be a 50. LaSalle puts their best athletes on defense. We are getting close just a few more weeks before camp starts.
Old 06-25-18, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBM23 View Post
This is lame, but outside of work reading, I do enjoy reading about college football recruiting, so this is actually a name I'm familiar with.

Can anyone clarify though, with the new OHSAA transfer rules, does this mean Malik would have to sit down this season?
Old 06-25-18, 04:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
This is lame, but outside of work reading, I do enjoy reading about college football recruiting, so this is actually a name I'm familiar with.

Can anyone clarify though, with the new OHSAA transfer rules, does this mean Malik would have to sit down this season?
The new Transfer Rule passed by the OHSAA allows for a transfer to play the first 5 games of the season and ineligible to play the last 5 games and playoffs. The old rule was you sat out the first 5 games and then you were eligible for the last 5 games and playoffs. So Malik would be eligible through week 5 (LaSalle) and then have to sit.
Old 06-25-18, 04:05 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
....Depending on if he was granted an exemptions or not.
Old 06-25-18, 04:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
....Depending on if he was granted an exemptions or not.
I think it would be pretty hard to get an exemption. Now if he moves he is eligible for the entire season. Only transfers to LaSalle get exemptions!
Old 06-25-18, 05:09 PM
All American

Don’t know the circumstances- there are several exemptions. Lakota west lost both of their stud QBs in the off season.
Old 06-25-18, 05:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Donít know the circumstances- there are several exemptions. Lakota west lost both of their stud QBs in the off season.
I was wondering if this was the same QB that was leaving West for LS.
Old 06-25-18, 06:17 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Donít know the circumstances- there are several exemptions. Lakota west lost both of their stud QBs in the off season.
So West had 2 underclass QB's both receiving SEC offers and both left? IS this the QB that was headed to LaSalle and changed his mind to Moe or are there actually 2?
Old 06-25-18, 06:32 PM
All District

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Myjaden Horton (c/0 2020) to Lasalle and Malik Verdon (c/o 2021) to Moe. 2 different QB's
Old 06-25-18, 07:26 PM
All American

Scotty is correct- Myjaden left before Coach Cox announced he was stepping down.
Old 06-26-18, 12:26 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just curious did this occur before or after Cox resigned?
Old 06-26-18, 03:14 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Just curious did this occur before or after Cox resigned?
No insider knowledge here, but if this is all accurate, the timing seems to lend to the end of the school year, same time Cox stepped aside?

The other transfer to LaSalle, I believe, happened during the school year.

Anyways, this seems like a very attractive addition to the program. Wish the young man well.
Old 06-26-18, 03:57 PM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
The rumor is the Kids parents decided to leave after Cox left, no guarantees from the new coach on whether he would start or not and the direction of the new offense being installed. He is coming off of a knee surgery during the winter. He tore his knee up dunking a basketball after football season and had to be homeschooled at least part of the second half of the school year because the knee had to be immobolized. He is rehabbing now but not sure he will be ready for big boy football by the time the season starts. He may be medically cleared but him seeing the field at QB this year will be a stretch. He is green as a QB, didnt even start at QB on his junior high team. He is an athlete but did most of his damage running around on much smaller kids at the freshman level. Whether or not he is really a QB remains to be seen, but he can definitely play defense or somewhere else.
Old 06-26-18, 06:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
The rumor is the Kids parents decided to leave after Cox left, no guarantees from the new coach on whether he would start or not and the direction of the new offense being installed. He is coming off of a knee surgery during the winter. He tore his knee up dunking a basketball after football season and had to be homeschooled at least part of the second half of the school year because the knee had to be immobolized. He is rehabbing now but not sure he will be ready for big boy football by the time the season starts. He may be medically cleared but him seeing the field at QB this year will be a stretch. He is green as a QB, didnt even start at QB on his junior high team. He is an athlete but did most of his damage running around on much smaller kids at the freshman level. Whether or not he is really a QB remains to be seen, but he can definitely play defense or somewhere else.
Ok, apparently he must be at practice with everyone saying he is for sure going to moeller. But, his twitter is all west stuff and dosent say a word about Moeller.

Obviously there must be something there to get those types of offers. But if he came to Moe since the West coaches wouldn't promise he would start, idk if hes gonna like Moeller or if his parents want to wait for him to start. (Can't help but think it would be alot easier and cheaper to just transfer to East and he could start every position he wanted too.)

Yes, he has some major offers, but im not sure he even played above the freshmen level last year. I hope i'm wrong but he's still just a sophmore and seems pretty thin. Put that on top of coming off an injury and potentially coming in with the "coaches need to play me cuz I'm a major d1 talent" attitude; im a little skeptical. I doubt he will be the starter this season, hopefully he sticks around.
Old 06-26-18, 08:45 PM
All District

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
He's 6'3 195, so no he's not really thin. I think he could definitely end up at DE/LB if QB doesnt work out
Old 06-28-18, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Verdon is a great get for Moe. He'll for sure be an impact player.

As 2020 eluded to...he does have serious helicopter parents, so hopefully that won't derail him.
Old 06-28-18, 04:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Verdon is a great get for Moe. He'll for sure be an impact player.

As 2020 eluded to...he does have serious helicopter parents, so hopefully that won't derail him.
OK, i will take your guys word. Hoping he and his parents stay patient.
Old 06-28-18, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
On a sad note, Iíve been asked to come out of retirement and QB for West this season.
Old 06-28-18, 08:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
On a sad note, Iíve been asked to come out of retirement and QB for West this season.
Please post film
Old 06-29-18, 12:06 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Hey, the kid has offers from Florida and Mississippi State. He must be something other than a pretty face. He may be able to claim a hardship based on the fact Cox has left. It could be argued he based his high school choice between Moeller and LW on Cox staying. Now Cox is gone and the point is moot.
Old 06-29-18, 12:29 PM
All Region

After watching some of Malik Verdons game films on Hudl, I was actually impressed. IF the new coach is given a grace period during his first year, and IF Verdon comes back from his knee injury, I could very easily see him as the starter this year. The kid moves very well and appears to have very good QB survival instincts in the pocket. He also looks to have good vision downfield. If given the chance to develope this year and make mistakes, you guys could have your own Shawn Clifford in 2019.
Old 07-02-18, 07:34 AM
Junior Varsity

Naughty America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
After watching some of Malik Verdons game films on Hudl, I was actually impressed. IF the new coach is given a grace period during his first year, and IF Verdon comes back from his knee injury, I could very easily see him as the starter this year. The kid moves very well and appears to have very good QB survival instincts in the pocket. He also looks to have good vision downfield. If given the chance to develope this year and make mistakes, you guys could have your own Shawn Clifford in 2019.
McKenzie may end up being the starter just due to maturity and varsity experience but I have to imagine this kid is pretty close if not better. This at least gives us a solid backup because I don't think we'd ever stand a chance with Caudill in the game.
Old 07-02-18, 10:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty America View Post
McKenzie may end up being the starter just due to maturity and varsity experience but I have to imagine this kid is pretty close if not better. This at least gives us a solid backup because I don't think we'd ever stand a chance with Caudill in the game.
I like Verdon because hi running ability would give Moe a whole different dimension. He'd also be playing behind a Moeller line which is a whole different world than freshman at Lakota.
Old 07-02-18, 01:27 PM
Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
The front 7 of the defense has a potential to be their best since the 1997 team
Old 07-02-18, 02:43 PM
Junior Varsity

Naughty America is on a distinguished road
If Verdon is healthy by the time the season starts the QB depth chart should read as follows
1. Mitch McKenzie, Sr.
2. Malik Verdon, So. (Lakota West transfer), close 2nd
3. TJ Rotello, So.
4. Calvin Cloud, So. (Loveland transfer), close "2nd" to Rotello
5. Daniel Caudill, Jr., distant 5th, virtually no chance of seeing the field
Old 07-02-18, 02:57 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty America View Post
If Verdon is healthy by the time the season starts the QB depth chart should read as follows
1. Mitch McKenzie, Sr.
2. Malik Verdon, So. (Lakota West transfer), close 2nd
3. TJ Rotello, So.
4. Calvin Cloud, So. (Loveland transfer), close "2nd" to Rotello
5. Daniel Caudill, Jr., distant 5th, virtually no chance of seeing the field
Thanks for the info. Also, I saw somewhere Moeller has a transfer DE coming from Princeton who is also a Sophomore with major college interest. True?