Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-01-18, 11:22 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Would you move on ? Look at you and your band of brothers - have you let anything go ? I find it funny that you want these great student athletes to just forget and sweep it under the rug. That situation was a lot more serious and hurtful then what happens to you and your merry bunch of whiners. You guys keep bringing up the same crap over something that happened long ago and it was only important to a few defectors. Lake can say they are sorry but you don't know how these kids feel unless you are them or if you ask them. Nobody has the power to say all better now except for the people directly effected. So if you don't think there will be a little extra fire in the kids eyes IF the two teams were to meet up I would have to say your crazy. Look at the fire and hate you have for our coach because you did not get your way - and that was so trivial.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart

Iíll move on. No problem. But you have to ask me nicely.

What happened long ago? What was it? What canít be moved on from?

The reality is Babe tried to use this as a recruiting tool against Lake Catholic and bombed what shred of relationship was left between him and and the Moranís.

He knows that. Itís a shame. He can stand alone and be seen at JCU games but he knows heís not welcome.

While you and that garbage bag Mug try to fight the good fight you guys sever every worthwhile relationship in the process. The reality is no one, not one person, ever advocated for TJ to be the head coach at VASJ. That is your argumentís fatal flaw. What you have to ask is why that argument (propaganda) has been spoon fed to you? What kind of low life would email the administration behind the backs of other alumni and promote that? I mean, who sells out a brother? Why is Dave Csank still taking the punches? I donít know, there are good people there that are concerned. Nevermind about all of that. Letís focus on the 15 year old kid and his Instagram post. Sounds good.
Old 03-02-18, 12:06 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
It is absolutely insane that after what happened - this is your opinion. Wow. That speaks volumes as to how far off the reservation you are.
Old 03-02-18, 05:31 AM
All District

Jtown5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Poland was like 17-1 and ranked in the top 5 in the AP for whatever that's worth.Aren't they better than just decent?
They wouldn't have been 17-1 with Lake or VASJ's schedule, they have 2 really good players but they aren't as strong as the previous Poland teams. They are always one of the best coached teams regardless of the talent.
Old 03-02-18, 09:34 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Ashtabula District 2018

Weather cancellation update:
Shaw at VASJ set for 7pm tonight will still be played.

Harvey at Lake Catholic set for 7pm tonight will still be played.

Chardon at Edgewood set for 7pm tonight will still be played.

Glenville at West G set for 7pm tonight will still be played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by C'Town216; 03-02-18 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-02-18, 11:29 AM
All American

Ashtabula District 2018

UPDATE: Glenville at West G will be played as scheduled tonight at 7. Just announced on West Gís twitter

Old 03-02-18, 05:10 PM
All World

I see all the games going chalk tonight - except for the West Geauga game. I know the Wolverines are riding a long win streak and are playing at home - but who have they really beat ? I know a ref who did two early Glenville games and he said they were terrible - they have since turned it around. They have been playing better as of late and I'm not sure Geauga has seen this kind of team all season. It would not shock me to see the Tarblooders move on. I looked at the Wolverines schedule and they won several games by 5 or less points. Beachwood appears to be the best team they have played all season. I'm calling upset.
Old 03-02-18, 08:31 PM
All American

Ashtabula District 2018

Sectional Final -Final Scores
Lake Catholic 77
Harvey 44

Edgewood 63
Chardon 61

VASJ 85
Shaw 60

West G 61
Glenville 60-32 ticks left at last update.

Last edited by C'Town216; 03-02-18 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-02-18, 09:28 PM
All World

West Geauga streak is over and Chardon almost made it two upsets.
Old 03-02-18, 09:30 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Glenville moves on 62-61 over West G
Old 03-03-18, 10:07 AM
All Region

Vikings vs Tarblooders

Can we play this game at Collinwood and call it even? All the way to Ashtabula to play your neighbors.Whats the scoop on Glenville? I would assume they have a very athletic uptempo team led by Aaron Loins.This game seems on the surface that it could be a battle.Tougher semi final than recent years at Garfield.However, some of those battles with Rich Hts/Warrensville were tough also.I don't have a feeling that this a gimme by any stretch nor would Babe allow that mentality towards any opponent.
Old 03-03-18, 11:47 AM
All World

You can never look ahead. Joe's had some tough games over the years in the semis. Beachwood almost knocked them off as did Warrensville in the last few years. This Viking team is talented but not many players have true playoff game experience. The approach is always to go 1-0 seven times - not 7-0. I'm sure Glenville is athletic and I expect them to be a bit better then Shaw was. Joe's has been very good under Babe to not get caught looking ahead. I don't see why that would change.

Old 03-03-18, 12:44 PM
All District

Had an opportunity to take in the ball game last night between Shaw and the Vikings. First time I’ve had a chance to get back down to the Village in quite some time. I was awfully impressed by the Higgins kid and his poise. You can really tell that Coach Rollie Smith has done a great job developing him. Rollie was a great point guard in his own right. The young Vikes were almost overshadowed by the Colonel Sanders look of their coach but on this night it was Higgins that wouldn’t be shown up. I was pretty interested in how small the crowd was for a playoff Home game on a Friday night. I was under the impression that support was finally at a refreshingly high level? Always great to see a game down in the Village and it seems like the new athletic director was more active having side conversations with many of the influential boosters. The team looked prepared for that level of physicality that the tournament brings. They must’ve had a great week of practice. That, too, is refreshing. It appears that Lake steamrolling Harvey is a message to the remaining 4 teams in the district that they are playing with some extra motivation. Just my observations from the balcony. Off to see the Arcs tonight in a big one against East Tech.
Old 03-03-18, 01:09 PM
All World

We woiuld not expect any other kind of observation from a great fan like you. The crowds will grow as the competition gets tougher. Im sure IF Joe's meets Lake as many expect the crowd will be just fine. Not sure what motivation Lake would have in comparison to the Joe's kids - but I guess we have to take your word for it. They beat up a bad Harvey team. Glenville is playing well as of late and Lake does not have a cakewalk either.

Old 03-03-18, 02:29 PM
All Region

Quote:
You can never look ahead. Joe's had some tough games over the years in the semis. Beachwood almost knocked them off as did Warrensville in the last few years. This Viking team is talented but not many players have true playoff game experience. The approach is always to go 1-0 seven times - not 7-0. I'm sure Glenville is athletic and I expect them to be a bit better then Shaw was. Joe's has been very good under Babe to not get caught looking ahead. I don't see why that would change.

Yea i forgot about Beachwood.Don't want this season to come to an unexpected screeching halt.Only takes one off night to send you home.Gotta believe we will get everyone's A+ effort.
Old 03-03-18, 02:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Had an opportunity to take in the ball game last night between Shaw and the Vikings. First time Iíve had a chance to get back down to the Village in quite some time. I was awfully impressed by the Higgins kid and his poise. You can really tell that Coach Rollie Smith has done a great job developing him. Rollie was a great point guard in his own right. The young Vikes were almost overshadowed by the Colonel Sanders look of their coach but on this night it was Higgins that wouldnít be shown up. I was pretty interested in how small the crowd was for a playoff Home game on a Friday night. I was under the impression that support was finally at a refreshingly high level? Always great to see a game down in the Village and it seems like the new athletic director was more active having side conversations with many of the influential boosters. The team looked prepared for that level of physicality that the tournament brings. They mustíve had a great week of practice. That, too, is refreshing. It appears that Lake steamrolling Harvey is a message to the remaining 4 teams in the district that they are playing with some extra motivation. Just my observations from the balcony. Off to see the Arcs tonight in a big one against East Tech.
may take that one in myself.Whats the outlook on this game tonight? Would East Tech winning be an upset? Is this a toss up? Brush has choked it up in recent years.
Old 03-03-18, 03:09 PM
All District

Should be a good one. Not sure if I’d consider it an upset despite the seeds. I usually sit right opposite the Brush bench so look me up. And remember, one more win and it’s Booster Dog time!
Old 03-03-18, 03:21 PM
All World

This might be a good one and East is no push over. If I'm not mistaken East may be the Senate champs. You add in Brush's ability to play down to the competition and you might have something. You can still get a booster dog Arc - you just might not be watching Brush while doing it. I would have said Brush in a blow out 2 months ago. After seeing them struggle against Chardon, South and Mayfield this is no gimmee.

Old 03-03-18, 04:27 PM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We woiuld not expect any other kind of observation from a great fan like you. The crowds will grow as the competition gets tougher. Im sure IF Joe's meets Lake as many expect the crowd will be just fine. Not sure what motivation Lake would have in comparison to the Joe's kids - but I guess we have to take your word for it. They beat up a bad Harvey team. Glenville is playing well as of late and Lake does not have a cakewalk either.

Yep no motivation at all for LC. Keep chirping, Bball216. Babe must be proud.
Old 03-03-18, 04:44 PM
All World

Don't take it out of context LCHSMAN. Without saying it you know what it was in reguards to.

Last edited by Bball216; 03-03-18 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-03-18, 09:46 PM
All Region

Brush rolled Tech

Quote:
This might be a good one and East is no push over. If I'm not mistaken East may be the Senate champs. You add in Brush's ability to play down to the competition and you might have something. You can still get a booster dog Arc - you just might not be watching Brush while doing it. I would have said Brush in a blow out 2 months ago. After seeing them struggle against Chardon, South and Mayfield this is no gimmee.

DJ Dial of Brush was just way to much for Tech.
Old 03-03-18, 09:51 PM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Some fantastic analysis upthread from unbiased fans of Northeast Ohio hoops.
Old 03-03-18, 10:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
DJ Dial of Brush was just way to much for Tech.
Well, the subjectivity doesnít matter anymore. My Arcs really showed up tonight and Dial played great. Practice in March is the best and my Arcs will be in the gym tomorrow. Tough to duplicate that Mentor 3 point shooting in practice unless you can bring in some pros to work against.
Old 03-04-18, 09:46 AM
All Region

What the heck was with all the fighting and police on the court?

Last edited by James x2; 03-04-18 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-07-18, 08:07 PM
All American

For those who are keeping track, Lake leads Edgewood 43-37 at the start of the 4th.

Old 03-07-18, 08:08 PM
All American

Also to point out weather may play a factor in tomorrowís game with snow being in the forecast. In case of cancellation what would the protocol be if the game canít be played? Play Joes vs Glenville Friday and have the district title Sunday? Honestly still donít know why they have a double header for the district semis anymore.

Old 03-07-18, 08:32 PM
All American

Lake advances to the district final Saturday with a 55-46 win over Edgewood. Lake will wait for either a rematch with St.Joes or face the Tarblooders. They play at 7 tomorrow barring weather

Old 03-08-18, 12:09 AM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

The reality is Babe tried to use this as a recruiting tool against Lake Catholic and bombed what shred of relationship was left between him and and the Moran’s.

While you and that garbage bag Mug try to fight the good fight you guys sever every worthwhile relationship in the process.
Anyone of any level of intelligence knows Lake's rep, positive or negative, wasn't created or destroyed by a single video from a stupid kid or a retweet by another school's coach. I understand the overall issue was embarrassing but didn't see a single coaches retweet or FB post that was a slight against LC, Coach Moran, or Lake's basketball team.

My relationships and rep inside (and outside) VASJ are great, but thanks for the concern. I come and go to many VASJ events and hold my head high just as BBall does....sadly, I wish I can say the same for you and your little friends. As a matter of fact, just today I had a great breakfast with Coaches Storey, Red, and Webb, and a couple other alums. Great guys and role models. Now those men are REAL Vikings, they aren't the childish wannabe's you guys are.
Old 03-08-18, 09:06 AM
All District

Don't worry about me and my little friends. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of people with children approaching the age to attend high school. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of people who are entering the stage of their lives where they are making enough money to contribute back to their alma mater. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of people who also have breakfast with Coach Storey, Red, and Webb. Me and my little friends aren't the type of guys that do donate back to their school without scripting emails to the administration reminding them how much they donate to influence decisions. Me and my little friends aren't the kinds of guys that have backroom meetings to try and oust the Lake Catholic guy from being the football coach. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of guys that put high school basketball before their families. Me and my little friends haven’t donated our time to the school for years and years only to have their names tarnished by some in the school. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of guys that are given the option of resigning or taking a leave of absence for conduct detrimental to the school.

Me and my little friends are fine. Me and my friends will be enjoying a booster dog and watching the Arcs tonight if you’d like to join me and my little friends.
Old 03-08-18, 10:20 AM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Don't worry about me and my little friends. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of people with children approaching the age to attend high school. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of people who are entering the stage of their lives where they are making enough money to contribute back to their alma mater. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of people who also have breakfast with Coach Storey, Red, and Webb. Me and my little friends aren't the type of guys that do donate back to their school without scripting emails to the administration reminding them how much they donate to influence decisions. Me and my little friends aren't the kinds of guys that have backroom meetings to try and oust the Lake Catholic guy from being the football coach. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of guys that put high school basketball before their families. Me and my little friends havenít donated our time to the school for years and years only to have their names tarnished by some in the school. Me and my little friends aren't the kind of guys that are given the option of resigning or taking a leave of absence for conduct detrimental to the school.

Me and my little friends are fine. Me and my friends will be enjoying a booster dog and watching the Arcs tonight if youíd like to join me and my little friends.
No, your little friends are the guys who throw those great Vikings under the bus and treat them with disrespect. Those are the REAL Vikings who made the school, built the school, and still support the school today, including Coach Sowyers and Gibbons. Coach Storey is working on getting Coach Sowyers the facilities he needs and one of them is even sending his 8th grader to VASJ next year and convinced many others to do the same. Don't you EVER disrespect these great men or their name. No, I will not be joining you because my friends are real Vikings.
Old 03-08-18, 11:10 AM
All World

Mug - I much rather meet up with you at Lakeside and have some pizza. Don't let these guys get under your skin. The school and program is in a great place. Enrollment is increasing and more improvements are on the horizon. These guys are salty because they did not get their way and we all have moved on without missing them in the least. The Viking ship is sailing and we have our window seats. People like them were part of the problem and have no desire to be part of the cure. Good riddance I say. Let them talk all they want because it's their way of trying to still be relevant. They don't have the ability to forgive or to post anything positive about the school or staff. I attended many Euclid games this year. I have complemented Reggie and several of his teammate on a great season. TJ has done frankly the job I expected him to do. It's great seeing good basketball at Euclid again. These people however do not have that ability. They cannot say a positive thing because they lack the core value - forgiveness. It's actually pathetic. Don't let these clowns upset you. It's just their desperate attempt at getting the attention they crave from a school that no longer needs or wants them and their negativity around.