Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-11-18, 05:44 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Votto is batting .345/.468/.540 with 39 RBI RISP
Things like that -- or the fact that Votto is in the All Star Game because his fellow MLB players VOTED HIM IN -- just don't matter to vamps. All that matters to him is cheering any possible misstep (valid or not) on Votto's part -- just so he can get on his keyboard to trash him.

Does Joey have a few faults to his game? Of course. But vamps' harping on trivial details like hitting into a DP or taking a called 3rd strike (like everyone who has ever played the game has done many times) reveals him to be nothing more than a sad and pitiful man whose only success in life can come by trying to trash someone who has accomplished more than vamps could ever aspire to.

Agree or disagree anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-18, 05:59 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
That's all well and good and part of the subjectivity of the game. Pretending he's horrible for taking a lot of close pitches is just asinine.
No no he's one of the best hitters the Reds have ever had. If the ump is consistent and that is a big if then he is good enough to adjust. Maybe the team sucking for so long brings out the purist in him more. He'll take that 3rd strike at times to prove the ump wrong.
Old 07-11-18, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Votto is batting .345/.468/.540 with 39 RBI RISP
Not with 2 outs..... it is more like 200 and change like I stated.
Old 07-11-18, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Things like that -- or the fact that Votto is in the All Star Game because his fellow MLB players VOTED HIM IN -- just don't matter to vamps. All that matters to him is cheering any possible misstep (valid or not) on Votto's part -- just so he can get on his keyboard to trash him.

Does Joey have a few faults to his game? Of course. But vamps' harping on trivial details like hitting into a DP or taking a called 3rd strike (like everyone who has ever played the game has done many times) reveals him to be nothing more than a sad and pitiful man whose only success in life can come by trying to trash someone who has accomplished more than vamps could ever aspire to.

--- while a more deserving kid at Milwaukee does not make it....

--- Another error by Votto costs REDS 3 runs and counting.... anyhow, I listed the 4 things that bugged me about Votto. Agree or Disagree ... I know Thom agrees and I am sure Marty does as well....

--- I don't care if you think I am sad and pitiful, means nothing to me just like it means nothing to Votto what I post on here but if it makes you feel better to post that about me then I am glad I made your life a bit better!!!!!
Old 07-11-18, 07:29 PM
All Yappi

after watching another attempt of Votto trying to field a ball.... I think Votto should start DHing when the REDS play at American League Teams.
Old 07-11-18, 09:09 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
--- while a more deserving kid at Milwaukee does not make it....
If he was more deserving, he would have been voted in by his peers. Wrong.
Old 07-11-18, 09:23 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Votto's DH'd a lot when the Reds have played on the road in interleague play. Not sure why they didn't do it these past three games.

Indiandad,
I kinda thought the Reds would bring Stephenson to replace Harvey. It's also a week prior to the deadline so who knows. Matt Harvey will not be on the Reds roster come August.
Old 07-11-18, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
If he was more deserving, he would have been voted in by his peers. Wrong.
higher batting average
More RBI's
A crap load more HR's

he is more than deserving.....
Old 07-12-18, 05:48 AM
All World

Quote:
higher batting average
More RBI's
A crap load more HR's

he is more than deserving.....
RBI's is a mostly useless stat as it's totally dependent on the guys in front of you getting on base.

If he was more deserving he would have been selected by his peers. He wasn't. Wrong.
Old 07-12-18, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Pretty obvious Votto’s peers thought he was more deserving than the guy having a career year in Milwaukee.
Old 07-12-18, 08:08 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I don't think he intentionally hits into double plays, and many times when he takes a called 3rd strike, it's close enough it could had been a ball. How many close 3-2 pitches does he walk on? Quite a few.
Old 07-12-18, 08:25 AM
All World

Sometimes it's just one of those nights and you have to take your medicine. Last night was one of those nights.
Mahle has been really good for nearly 2 months. He didn't have it last night. We had a couple of chances early and couldn't cash in, once the 3rd got out of hand, that was it.
These things happen sometimes in baseball. Still took 2/3 from a first place team. Playing good ball.
Old 07-12-18, 08:45 AM
All American

Happy days! Jesus Aquilar has made the All Star team via the "Final Vote" by the fans.
He is clearly deserving. So, the fans get their guy and the players get their guy.
Don'tcha love it when everything turns out just right?
Old 07-12-18, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Do I wish Votto never made an error? Yes.
Do I wish he was a more attentive base runner at times? Certainly.

Is he the toughest out in baseball the last decade or so, with a career OBP of .428? Absolutely.
Is there anything more important than that for a position player? Nope.

Sign me up for his whole career, imperfections and all.

Any batting coach, manager, broadcaster, etc. that asks Votto to change his approach at the plate and "be more aggressive" is an idiot.
Old 07-12-18, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Much like Sweeney during a lot of his KC career, Votto has managed to succeed even while he is usually the guy to pitch around every time through the order. There is a lot to be said for that.
Old 07-12-18, 11:48 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Do I wish Votto never made an error? Yes.
Do I wish he was a more attentive base runner at times? Certainly.

Is he the toughest out in baseball the last decade or so, with a career OBP of .428? Absolutely.
Is there anything more important than that for a position player? Nope.

Sign me up for his whole career, imperfections and all.

Any batting coach, manager, broadcaster, etc. that asks Votto to change his approach at the plate and "be more aggressive" is an idiot.
You are correct, sir.
I would say, though, that some on here seem to have the impression that Votto makes a lot of errors at 1B. Last night was only his 5th of the season. Last season, he only had 4 errors all year.
I'm not saying he is a sterling 1st baseman, but his glove isn't a big liability.
Old 07-12-18, 12:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Sometimes it's just one of those nights and you have to take your medicine. Last night was one of those nights.
Mahle has been really good for nearly 2 months. He didn't have it last night. We had a couple of chances early and couldn't cash in, once the 3rd got out of hand, that was it.
These things happen sometimes in baseball. Still took 2/3 from a first place team. Playing good ball.
Yep. It was a good old fashioned butt whoopin'.
Like many things, they hurt while they're happening, but sometimes they can just cleanse the system .
It ain't all bad. We found out Blandino's knuckler is pretty filthy!
Old 07-12-18, 12:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Yep. It was a good old fashioned butt whoopin'.
Like many things, they hurt while they're happening, but sometimes they can just cleanse the system .
It ain't all bad. We found out Blandino's knuckler is pretty filthy!
Fortunately, it's only one game and only one loss. So do we consider swapping Blandino to the bullpen for Lorenzen?
Old 07-12-18, 12:57 PM
All World

It truly amazes me that and Reds fan would criticize Joey Votto. He's going to go down as the best hitter in franchise history, hands down, apologies to Pete fans.
Joey is the guy we've built our lineup around for what, nearly 10 years now? The guys directly in front of him and behind him benefit greatly because the pitcher has to account for Votto's spot.
I'm not sure anyone could ever come up with a baseball player who grinds out every single at bat, every single pitch like Joey does. It can be bases loaded 2 outs down a run and he's grinding, or it can be a 7-2 deficit, 9th inning, nobody on and 2 out and you get the exact same intensity every single at bat? What else could fans ask for out of a player?
Joey has never, or rarely ever, criticized a player, coach or opposing player publically. And even though he can give canned, boring answers, he can also give long, deep answers to questions that we've never heard athletes say before.
About 5 years ago, Joey was not a great first baseman, the next season he worked his butt off and since has become an average to above average first baseman.
Old 07-12-18, 01:21 PM
All Yappi

Starting to really wonder now if 14 is a troll persona of recently’s....
Old 07-12-18, 02:01 PM
All World

I'm real cabez...

And how about that Billy Hamilton all of the sudden? Up to .234???
Old 07-12-18, 02:08 PM
All American

Good points, 14Red.
I would disagree, though, about him going down in history as the Reds greatest hitter (and it's not Pete Rose).
On any category, Frank Robinson is clearly the greatest hitter (and probably the greatest all-around player) in Reds history.
Old 07-12-18, 02:37 PM
All World

Quote:
Good points, 14Red.
I would disagree, though, about him going down in history as the Reds greatest hitter (and it's not Pete Rose).
On any category, Frank Robinson is clearly the greatest hitter (and probably the greatest all-around player) in Reds history.
Sorry was not around for Frank's career. I think you have to take into account the era as well and I'm not one to compare over era's. The pitching/ defense/ scouting/ metrics pale in comparison to today's baseball. Robinson's era included much slower, less skilled pitching and defense.
Old 07-12-18, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't think he intentionally hits into double plays, and many times when he takes a called 3rd strike, it's close enough it could had been a ball. How many close 3-2 pitches does he walk on? Quite a few.
What? Who does intentionally hit into a DB.... other than the Whitesox many moons ago....

One does not take a close pitch with 2 strikes. If he is the greatest player ever that wore a REDS uniform like you state then he of all people should know not to take the chance on close pitches.

I've seen him walk on a 3-2 pitch where it looked to be a strike. What is the point of your comment? I see it as leave it up to the umpire instead of taking things into your own hands. Which I would 100% disagree with that.
Old 07-12-18, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It truly amazes me that and Reds fan would criticize Joey Votto. He's going to go down as the best hitter in franchise history, hands down, apologies to Pete fans.
Joey is the guy we've built our lineup around for what, nearly 10 years now? The guys directly in front of him and behind him benefit greatly because the pitcher has to account for Votto's spot.
I'm not sure anyone could ever come up with a baseball player who grinds out every single at bat, every single pitch like Joey does. It can be bases loaded 2 outs down a run and he's grinding, or it can be a 7-2 deficit, 9th inning, nobody on and 2 out and you get the exact same intensity every single at bat? What else could fans ask for out of a player?
Joey has never, or rarely ever, criticized a player, coach or opposing player publically. And even though he can give canned, boring answers, he can also give long, deep answers to questions that we've never heard athletes say before.
About 5 years ago, Joey was not a great first baseman, the next season he worked his butt off and since has become an average to above average first baseman.
1) I disagree so it is not hands down he is the best REDS player ever.
2) What has the REDS done over the last 10 years with Votto being the key player???? Not 1 series win in the playoffs.
3) You have gotten to be kidding me about Votto grinding it out. Come on dude, wake up and see the REAL world.
4) What I ask for for a player? Running the ball out instead of half assing it. Make smart plays on the base paths, he is a veteran of the game he should know by now how to run the bases. Don't get picked off late in a game where he is not even going to steal a base. Know your position on the field and don't get caught out of position. Man, this everyone is a winner crap has really soften up some of you guys on here.
Old 07-12-18, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

OK guys...... unfortunately because of the mentality of Democrats I will try and not say anything that somebody else would disagree with. I will be very careful in what I say in the near future as anything I say or do might upset somebody else and we just cannot have that. I can no longer have my opinion if it disagrees with somebody else. Every player is great and every team is a winner. yeah! Baseball is great and exciting and everybody should enjoy it and so lets open up the borders. Lets give out hand outs for those who do not want to work and of course, give up those guns because that is the problem of everything. Watch what you say Roseanne you might offend somebody and we cannot have that and oh, don't forget to kneel for the anthem because cops hate us and we can't have those so we have to protect the drug lords and gang leaders who kill more young black guys in a night then one can imagine. Hey guys, lets hang out at Starbucks and use the bathroom while we boycott Chick-Filet and Papa Johns. Oh no, there is some guy wearing a MAGA hat, VIOLENCE, VIOLENCE, VIOLENCE... anyone who disagrees must be racist. Hiliary is so great, who cares about Haiti right? Oh Ronnie, why did you take Mary away from us.... it was so great back then walking the streets of San Fran. Oh the good ole days where we were close to Jesus and love was flowing in the air. Where free was FREE. What has happened.... when people warship a fake god and tats tell the stories of our lives. Where the only thing important is the good ole mighty dollar. Greed greed and more greed... gotta have more. Athletes get paid millions and they don't change a dam-n thing while those making pennies on a dollar are risking everything. Oh, Votto is the greatest thing that has ever walked the baseball diamond.
Old 07-12-18, 06:17 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
No no he's one of the best hitters the Reds have ever had. If the ump is consistent and that is a big if then he is good enough to adjust. Maybe the team sucking for so long brings out the purist in him more. He'll take that 3rd strike at times to prove the ump wrong.
I think the team ducking for so long definitely has. There's never been a shortage of power on this team, especially in GABP. The guys they have paid in the 1 and 2 spots to get on base haven't done it consistently so Votto has had a lot of at bats in the 3 spot with the bases empty.

The last consistent lead off hitter the Reds have had was Shin Shoo Choo and that only lasted a season. Other than that the lead off spot has been barren for most of Vottos career.
Old 07-12-18, 09:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm real cabez...

And how about that Billy Hamilton all of the sudden? Up to .234???
A recently by any other name.....
Old 07-12-18, 09:41 PM
All World

Quote:
1) I disagree so it is not hands down he is the best REDS player ever.
2) What has the REDS done over the last 10 years with Votto being the key player???? Not 1 series win in the playoffs.
3) You have gotten to be kidding me about Votto grinding it out. Come on dude, wake up and see the REAL world.
4) What I ask for for a player? Running the ball out instead of half assing it. Make smart plays on the base paths, he is a veteran of the game he should know by now how to run the bases. Don't get picked off late in a game where he is not even going to steal a base. Know your position on the field and don't get caught out of position. Man, this everyone is a winner crap has really soften up some of you guys on here.
You've proven time and time again you have incredibly subpar baseball knowledge, so that doesn't really mean much.
Old 07-12-18, 09:42 PM
All World

Quote:
OK guys...... unfortunately because of the mentality of Democrats I will try and not say anything that somebody else would disagree with. I will be very careful in what I say in the near future as anything I say or do might upset somebody else and we just cannot have that. I can no longer have my opinion if it disagrees with somebody else. Every player is great and every team is a winner. yeah! Baseball is great and exciting and everybody should enjoy it and so lets open up the borders. Lets give out hand outs for those who do not want to work and of course, give up those guns because that is the problem of everything. Watch what you say Roseanne you might offend somebody and we cannot have that and oh, don't forget to kneel for the anthem because cops hate us and we can't have those so we have to protect the drug lords and gang leaders who kill more young black guys in a night then one can imagine. Hey guys, lets hang out at Starbucks and use the bathroom while we boycott Chick-Filet and Papa Johns. Oh no, there is some guy wearing a MAGA hat, VIOLENCE, VIOLENCE, VIOLENCE... anyone who disagrees must be racist. Hiliary is so great, who cares about Haiti right? Oh Ronnie, why did you take Mary away from us.... it was so great back then walking the streets of San Fran. Oh the good ole days where we were close to Jesus and love was flowing in the air. Where free was FREE. What has happened.... when people warship a fake god and tats tell the stories of our lives. Where the only thing important is the good ole mighty dollar. Greed greed and more greed... gotta have more. Athletes get paid millions and they don't change a dam-n thing while those making pennies on a dollar are risking everything. Oh, Votto is the greatest thing that has ever walked the baseball diamond.
What in the actual f uck are you talking about?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: