Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-18-18, 05:58 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Why is it only our Govt lies to us and can not tell the truth and all other people in this world never lie and only speak the truth. So from what I am being told here Russia and Syria would never lie to us and our own govt can not tell us the truth. Do I have that right?
No, all governments have liers and tell lies. Russia has a deep state and bad guys much as we do, it is human political/nature... power corrupts.
I came to my conclusion based on who does it benefit and the controlled medias reaction...the story was written before the smoke cleared we were told who did it, why wait for evidence?
Also take into our track record for promoting war based on lies...especially in the middle east.
Old 04-18-18, 06:15 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
No possible way you can scrub a pile if rubble of traces of the gas. Also who is to say it was not there and hit with a conventional bomb?
That is what is crazy about US policy in Syria. Syria can use all the artillery and bombs they want to kill " rebel " forces but if they use chemical weapons were going to hit back, really makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-19-18, 12:52 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
War and how to fight one really does not make sense. You can use a rife and bullets to shoot and kill people but do not use a shotgun. I do not know who makes up the rules, but it must be important to follow them.
Old 04-21-18, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Here's an interesting story:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/nort...010300315.html

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has announced that the country will suspend nuclear and missile tests and shut down a nuclear test site in the northern area, state media said Saturday.

"From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles," the Korean Central News Agency said.

"The North will shut down a nuclear test site in the country's northern side to prove the vow to suspend nuclear test," it added.

Sure this could all be maneuvering on the part of Rocket Man but you have to admit that Trump is getting some potentially breakthrough outcomes on the Korean standoff. Maybe he's not the foreign policy dimwit his detractors would have us think?
Old 04-21-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Remember this creature from Conservative Incorporation's Never Trump movement?

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/18/ev...ampaign-staff/

Former presidential candidate Evan McMullin owes his former campaign staff members tens of thousands of dollars and most believe he has no intention of ever paying them, a former campaign worker tells The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Maybe those principled conservatives who railed against Trump and his supporters like Bill Kristol, Glen Beck & Mitt Romney can chip in and pay these people their back wages!
Old 04-21-18, 09:23 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Here's an interesting story:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/nort...010300315.html

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has announced that the country will suspend nuclear and missile tests and shut down a nuclear test site in the northern area, state media said Saturday.

"From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles," the Korean Central News Agency said.

"The North will shut down a nuclear test site in the country's northern side to prove the vow to suspend nuclear test," it added.

Sure this could all be maneuvering on the part of Rocket Man but you have to admit that Trump is getting some potentially breakthrough outcomes on the Korean standoff. Maybe he's not the foreign policy dimwit his detractors would have us think?
The left keeps whining and Trump keeps winning...it's great.
Old 04-22-18, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

Now this is really interesting:

http://reason.com/blog/2018/04/20/cd...-that-plenty-o

Seems like back in the 1990's the CDC didn't like the results of a series of surveys they conducted that showed that EVERY YEAR millions of Americans used guns to defend themselves! So they buried the survey results because you know the non-existent deep state didn't want to hurt the narrative that was flourishing under the Clinton administration back then.

Here's an article with more details:

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3124326

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale national surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU). They never released the findings, or even acknowledged they had studied the topic. I obtained the unpublished raw data and computed the prevalence of DGU. CDCís findings indicated that an average of 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense in each of the years from 1996 through 1998 Ė almost exactly confirming the estimate for 1992 of Kleck and Gertz (1995). Possible reasons for CDCís suppression of these findings are discussed.

Of course if I hadn't visited Instapundit today I never would have found the Reason article. So visit Instapundit if you want to learn the truth:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/
Old 04-22-18, 12:21 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I have come to the conclusion that it does not matter what Trump does there are liberals that would find fault with it. If he found the answer for world peace, there would be those saying look what that would mean to the nations of the world and how it would harm some economies. Greg Gutfield said this is a disease called PTSD - "President Trump stress disorder" and it seems there are some people that suffer horrible from this metal disorder. Seems we might even have one or two on Yappi with this.
Old 04-22-18, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Now this is really interesting:

http://reason.com/blog/2018/04/20/cd...-that-plenty-o

Seems like back in the 1990's the CDC didn't like the results of a series of surveys they conducted that showed that EVERY YEAR millions of Americans used guns to defend themselves! So they buried the survey results because you know the non-existent deep state didn't want to hurt the narrative that was flourishing under the Clinton administration back then.

Here's an article with more details:

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3124326

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale national surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU). They never released the findings, or even acknowledged they had studied the topic. I obtained the unpublished raw data and computed the prevalence of DGU. CDCís findings indicated that an average of 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense in each of the years from 1996 through 1998 Ė almost exactly confirming the estimate for 1992 of Kleck and Gertz (1995). Possible reasons for CDCís suppression of these findings are discussed.

Of course if I hadn't visited Instapundit today I never would have found the Reason article. So visit Instapundit if you want to learn the truth:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/
We now have two separate surveys that back the notorious DGU figure of 2.5m per year in America: one by Gleck, which has been received by academia about as well as a slab of beef at a vegan cookout, and one by the CDC. Somehow, the NRA is to blame for this.
Old 04-22-18, 01:45 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
When I mention things like MK ultra, I usually get the tin foil hat memes and most telling me I'm a conspiracy nut job .
This seems to go beyond even some of the MK ultra stuff(the existence of which has been proven) and makes you wonder how often this type of technology gets used by our government.
Would they or have they used it in a Manchurian Candidate scenario ,against spies or on the battlefield, mass shooting, who knows? You have to wonder how much of our taxpayer money gets wrapped up in these black budget programs.

Maybe this is what happened to the left and explains their crazy Russia hysteria and anti Trump religion.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...e-mind-control
Old 04-22-18, 07:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
We now have two separate surveys that back the notorious DGU figure of 2.5m per year in America: one by Gleck, which has been received by academia about as well as a slab of beef at a vegan cookout, and one by the CDC. Somehow, the NRA is to blame for this.
Great point Crusaders and do you think the CDC hiding the result of their survey wasn't in part motivated by their not wanting to corroborate the Gleck study?

As an aside isn't it disappointing that a premier scientific organization like the CDC would stoop to something this low? Frankly my confidence in their protecting us from the next pandemic has taken another big hit. If ANY organization in the federal government has to be honest about the science this is the one. We can't afford to have these people playing games with the data. So what happens to us if it's politically inconvenient for the CDC to alert us about an impending public health crisis. Do they just bury the data?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: