Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-18-18, 11:37 AM
Junior Varsity

Old Clyde Wrestler is on a distinguished road
Buckeye thoughts/opinions.

Almost 70 with 55 years of wrestling experience and these are just my opinions

Almost a great year. If we win one more quarter-final match and Martin doesn't get pinned (just loses) we could have/should have won.

Hayes did nothing in my opinion didn't even wrestle against Heilmann in OT.

Pletcher needs to open up more on his feet since he does nothing when on top.

Both Jordan's gave up once they became all americans it seemed.

Moore needs to get on the weights, totally out muscled.

Campbell~??

Next year should redshirt as many as possible then restock for another run in the 2019-2020. season.

As I said just my old opinion.

JC
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-18, 08:28 AM
Junior Varsity

So 300 people viewed my post and not one opinion?
Old 03-19-18, 09:41 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Clyde Wrestler View Post
So 300 people viewed my post and not one opinion?
I think there are at least a half dozen active threads already serving this very purpose....
Old 03-19-18, 09:53 AM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
The facts say this was the best year ever at the NCAA tournament for OSU. Record number of all-american' and highest point total ever. In fact, this total would have won the tournament almost every year in history except the past two. The PSU "murderer's row" is a once in a lifetime phenomenon (we hope).
Old 03-19-18, 09:58 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
I'm going to miss this team.
Old 03-19-18, 01:01 PM
Junior Varsity

So one more post certainly can't hurt or is there a certain limit ? I'm only pointing out that we could have/should have won this year.
Record number of all-americans is wonderful as well but the team championship were merely 2 winning matches away.
I certainly will miss Nato and Snyder they were 110% wrestlers always.
Old 03-19-18, 01:14 PM
All District

bulldowg_Wrestling19 is on a distinguished road
Hayes' loss killed them.

Campbell, just doesn't look right.

They all looked out of shape.

Half the team didn't leave it all on the mat. Bo looked like he was ready to move on with his life, Kollin seems to have hit a mental lapse, NATO ran into a phenom, Myles has the displeasure of wrestling a guy that is not only super explosive and deceivingly strong, but also loose at the same time.

Perfect storm of bad luck to lose a close one.
Old 03-19-18, 07:08 PM
Junior Varsity

I love the buckeyes but I agree, effort lacked with some of the guys.
Old 03-19-18, 09:02 PM
Junior Varsity

wayt119 is on a distinguished road
Cmon... The Buckeyes cannot get off the bottom & thats the problem.
I witnessed it against Iowa & now it was evident @ NCAA ‘s
Also they need to get Logan in there for Top Game.
Watch Spencer Lee, thats how u ride.
Old 03-19-18, 09:04 PM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayt119 View Post
I witnessed it against Iowa & now it was evident @ NCAA Ďs
That is it. Problem solved!
Old 03-19-18, 09:38 PM
All Ohio

CoachYing is on a distinguished road
A great group of studs who will be missed. I felt horrible for Myles Martin he went for it and got caught. They are an amazing team 2nd in the nation not bad... how did the Football and Basketball teams finish up??? Is all I here is how great they are and Wrestling gets 2nd and they under achieve???? Wish my son could under achieve at that level. The future looks great at OSU best of luck.
Old 03-20-18, 07:31 AM
All Ohio

kessen157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Clyde Wrestler View Post
Almost 70 with 55 years of wrestling experience and these are just my opinions

Almost a great year. If we win one more quarter-final match and Martin doesn't get pinned (just loses) we could have/should have won.

Hayes did nothing in my opinion didn't even wrestle against Heilmann in OT.

Pletcher needs to open up more on his feet since he does nothing when on top.

Both Jordan's gave up once they became all americans it seemed.

Moore needs to get on the weights, totally out muscled.

Campbell~??

Next year should redshirt as many as possible then restock for another run in the 2019-2020. season.

As I said just my old opinion.

JC

the statement about the Jordan's giving up is one of the dumbest things on here. Bo went on and MD his next opponent and lost to a very tough Amine again. Micah lost in OT to Berger and was beat by Pantelo again. But yeah they gave up what a dumb thing to say.
Old 03-20-18, 08:05 AM
All District

galewrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachYing View Post
A great group of studs who will be missed. I felt horrible for Myles Martin he went for it and got caught. They are an amazing team 2nd in the nation not bad... how did the Football and Basketball teams finish up??? Is all I here is how great they are and Wrestling gets 2nd and they under achieve???? Wish my son could under achieve at that level. The future looks great at OSU best of luck.
That is what I thought, MyMar came out to win, he was very aggressive and I thought was really pressing the action. He saw an opportunity to win and win the team title and it back fired on him. But I thought he wrestled great, and I was really proud at how he went for it, and do wrestle defensive.

Fantastic season by the Bucks, it sucks they fell a bit short but what a run. They got on the podium in what 8 of 10 weight classes?
Old 03-20-18, 08:32 AM
Varsity

Takedown02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessen157 View Post
the statement about the Jordan's giving up is one of the dumbest things on here. Bo went on and MD his next opponent and lost to a very tough Amine again. Micah lost in OT to Berger and was beat by Pantelo again. But yeah they gave up what a dumb thing to say.
Agree completely with this. I never see any quit in either Jordan. If you canít see Bo clearly isnít 100% and finished up as a 4x AA. Yea it was his worst finish but I canít say he looked the same and I would almost guarantee it wasnít because he gave up.
Also, the complaint about Pletcher is ridiculous as well. Needs to open up on his feet? Why? He got beat by 2 people this year. Iíd say Micic is a quality loss and he beats Tariq again if he doesnít get caught. Did you watch his match against Brock? Took that kid down multiple times. Pletcherís style is perfect for him.
Old 03-20-18, 08:57 AM
All Region

Lucksman is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny how we all have the answers, bottom line is they had 8 All-Americans which is incredible. My Thoughts: Team got a little old, Jordan, Tomasello, injuries catch up with you, wrestling has changed, its a young mans sport, the peak seems to be at around 20/21. Martinez for example.

I will say this about OSU, mat wrestling cost them a National Championship. Non of them are good on the mat, McKenna probably the best there, and he is a transfer. They are horrible at getting off the bottom and sell out in big matches and don't even take down position.
Old 03-20-18, 09:07 AM
All Ohio

kessen157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucksman View Post
Funny how we all have the answers, bottom line is they had 8 All-Americans which is incredible. My Thoughts: Team got a little old, Jordan, Tomasello, injuries catch up with you, wrestling has changed, its a young mans sport, the peak seems to be at around 20/21. Martinez for example.

I will say this about OSU, mat wrestling cost them a National Championship. Non of them are good on the mat, McKenna probably the best there, and he is a transfer. They are horrible at getting off the bottom and sell out in big matches and don't even take down position.
Mckenna is a transfer who placed as a FR and didn't place as SO and transfer to tOSU and places again so do the Bucks staff get zero credit for that?
Old 03-20-18, 09:14 AM
Junior Varsity

Styxbb is on a distinguished road
I am ready to be ripped for this. BUT if you walked into the Buckeye wrestling room and asked how many of them were happy with their AA finish. What do you think you would hear? Yes, 8 AA's is awesome. I don't think most of them went there to be AA's. It's about expectations and goals. I would bet that some of those were definitely disappointed with their result. As are many of us. I think this forum is where many people are venting those frustrations. Look at the numbers.
3 wrestlers finished better than their seeds.
#4 finished #3
#7 finished #6
#6 finished #5
3 AA's I'd say they were accepting, if not happy with that. But these were the guys getting ripped.
#1 finished #1 Can't do better than that
#2 finished #2 Went for it and got stuck.
2 AA's I'd say they were probably happy with that, and we were too.
#2 finished #3. Probably pissed at the way he got handled in semis. Then wrestled back for 3rd. Overall, not overly happy.
#3 finished #4. Probably not happy with getting majored in final match. Probably wants that one back.
#5 DNP, Can't be too happy with that. Especially the way he wrestled.
#1 finished #4. Came out of the tournament looking over rated and known as somebodies ????? . Probably not ecstatic about that.
# 13 seed dnp - Needs to work harder and show he belongs in this lineup.

Happy with 8 AA's? Sure. Did they meet expectations as a team. Probably not.

Kinda reminds me of the Clemson game a couple of years ago. Happy to make playoff? Sure. Happy with the result? Probably not.
Old 03-20-18, 09:45 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucksman View Post

Facts please. In the critical matches they lost (quarters, semis, finals, placement matches), show us where mat wrestling or specially bottom cost them the national championship. I am waiting for somebody to actually back up that old and tired generic statement. And before anybody refers to Nato and McKenna taking neutral as poor bottom wrestling, that is a total crock. They are both very good on bottom as evidenced by their entire career. Putting your opponents in their best position when you don't have to is asinine.
Old 03-20-18, 10:14 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
FYI - Zebulin Miller has had a busy AM on You Tube, uploading lots of interviews from nationals.
Old 03-20-18, 10:31 AM
All District

bulldowg_Wrestling19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post
FYI - Zebulin Miller has had a busy AM on You Tube, uploading lots of interviews from nationals.
Link?
Old 03-20-18, 10:44 AM
Varsity

LowCrotch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Facts please. In the critical matches they lost (quarters, semis, finals, placement matches), show us where mat wrestling or specially bottom cost them the national championship. I am waiting for somebody to actually back up that old and tired generic statement. And before anybody refers to Nato and McKenna taking neutral as poor bottom wrestling, that is a total crock. They are both very good on bottom as evidenced by their entire career. Putting your opponents in their best position when you don't have to is asinine.
I have been saying this since Thursday, over and over again. People complain about bottom wrestling, but every match that I heard them complaining about there were ZERO takedowns.

The fact is if you're good enough on your feet (and preferably on top too) then bottom doesn't matter much. Ask Penn State.
Old 03-20-18, 10:53 AM
Freshman

fishleehooker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayt119 View Post
I witnessed it against Iowa & now it was evident @ NCAA Ďs
Lee learned most of his tricks from Stieber. Which proves its not the team and more the individual as far as rides go.
Old 03-20-18, 12:52 PM
Junior Varsity

executive director is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishleehooker View Post
Lee learned most of his tricks from Stieber. Which proves its not the team and more the individual as far as rides go.
I think Lee was pretty tough well before Stieber.
Old 03-20-18, 12:58 PM
All Region

Lucksman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessen157 View Post
Mckenna is a transfer who placed as a FR and didn't place as SO and transfer to tOSU and places again so do the Bucks staff get zero credit for that?
I give the Bucks staff A LOT of credit. Tom Ryan has built it up to what we that it could have been for years. 8 All-Americans it mind boggling. Too bad Penn State is just a bit better. But, they do need to learn to mat wrestle, it just does not look like their philosophy, but who am I to question Tom Ryan' philosophy.
Old 03-20-18, 01:08 PM
Junior Varsity

executive director is on a distinguished road
I remember Bo and Micah being studs on top in high school. And I don't ever recall them struggling on bottom.
Old 03-20-18, 02:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by executive director View Post
I remember Bo and Micah being studs on top in high school. And I don't ever recall them struggling on bottom.
That was high school....LOL.
Old 03-22-18, 08:52 AM
All American

McClearn7 is on a distinguished road
125-
It was disappointing to see Tomasello lose, but I’ll never criticize that kid’s effort or his work ethic. I suspect that Lee was finally at 100% for nationals after returning from his preseason injury. The commentators were mentioning that this was the first tournament of the year that Lee didn’t wear his leg brace, and he looked exceptional.
Despite the recent criticism of their team’s performances, the Brands brothers do an excellent job making adjustments for their best wrestlers. I suspect (and this is just my opinion) that the difficulty that NaTo had against Iowa wrestlers in the semifinals stems from his style, which mirrors the Iowa’s. Their team sees Nate’s style everyday in practice with his constant pressure and attacking nature. I think of Dan Dennis and his ability to beat out Tony Ramos in the Olympic trials after training with the Brands brothers.
NaTo came back strong in true Tomasello fashion, pinning a good Rivera and beating a returning national finalist (Lizak) in the consolation finals. I know Lizak cuts a great deal of weight, and he must have been huge for that 3rd place final.
One national title, three 3rd place finishes, a team title and 2 runner-up finishes. Tomasello’s individual and team accolades are phenomenal. I’ll miss his presence and his leadership. We were blessed to have him wrestle for the Buckeyes for 4 seasons.

133-
I was happy with the season that Pletcher put forth, and I think that if most fans were honest with themselves, they would have been satisfied with a 4th place finish if you asked them at the beginning of the season.
It’s tough considering he was so close to Micic in the semis, especially after pulling an early season upset over him at the Cliff Keen.
He controlled the match with returning All-American Kaid Brock in the consolation semis, and may have won the 3rd place bout if not for a slip while trying to go for bonus points. The final margin of victory was due to his kitchen sink attempts to get back into the match, which I can’t blame him for. I was bummed that he lost, but the mistake only happened because he was going for the pin in a tight team race. That’s the kind of mindset that you want your wrestlers to have.
I suspect that he may have had difficulty with the weight cut throughout the season, and I hope that the team can get him down more comfortably to 133 during the off-season. So many of his duals and early round bouts were close nip and tuck, low scoring affairs. Once he made weight for the final day in Vegas and for NCAAs he put up more points against better wrestlers.

141-
It’s always going to be tough to watch a wrestler you’re rooting for lose a 1-0 bout in the national semis, but McKenna still wrestled a great tournament and put forth an amazing season. I don’t think many wrestling fans would have foreseen a 3rd place finish after his early season loss (12-2) to Thorn (who went 0-2 at NCAAs).
McKenna got better and better as the season wore on, and he dominated a quality field at the Big Ten Tournament. I think I heard someone say that he did not give up a point at the event.
They clearly had a plan against Meredith. It just didn’t pay off. I thought he was the closer of the two to getting a takedown, but close doesn’t count for much in this sport (unless you have a horrible ref).
He rebounded impressively with his second win of the season over 3x All-American Kevin Jack and a methodical 7-2 win over a very dangerous Jaydin Eierman (who he lost to 8-0 at last year’s NCAA tournament) in the consolation finals.
A 3rd place finish was a better performance that I would have expected at the beginning of the year, but we all would have loved to see how McKenna’s style matched up with Yianni D’s in the finals.

149-
NCAAs was Definitely not Hayes’s best tournament of the season. I’m sure that he, more than anyone else, is disappointed in how the tournament went.
It’s weird, because he only lost to wrestlers who were seeded ahead of him, which usually means good things if you’re the #5 seed. However, with Perry’s Cinderella run and Sorensen’s loss, Hayes had to face him in the blood round after taking an overtime loss to Heilmann in the quarters. He didn’t look right from the opening round, squeaking out a tough win over Amine in overtime.
Hayes looked very good for the majority of the season and beat 3rd place finisher Kolodzik in their dual. I expect him to bounce back and AA the next two seasons.

157-
I suspect that Micah is a bit undersized for 157, but he bit the bullet and wrestled the weight for the benefit of the team. He looked out-muscled by some of the other 157s, especially Pantaleo and Nolf. It definitely looked harder for him to get of some of his shots (as opposed to his machine gun rate of shooting at 149). That being said, he still made All-American once again, reached the semis, and posted wins over Berger and Kemerer at Big Tens who placed 3rd and 4th.
It’ll be interesting to see if he goes back down to 149 and wrestles off Hayes next year, or stays at 157 for the benefit of the team. He’s a national title threat at 149 with Retherford graduating (I’m not sure if Diakomihalis will stay at 141) or a top 5 threat at 157 with Nolf returning.

165-
Campbell was another wrestler who I suspect wrestled out of weight for the benefit of the team. He was likely a 174 who maintained 165 throughout the rigors of a long season. It seemed pretty evident in some of those duals (Michigan St.) that he was suffering with the cut.
His season reminded me of Jose Rodriguez’s season last year, where he looked good early in the year until the severe cut caught up to him.
In December, he placed 4th at Vegas where he split two bouts with Isaiah White. If we can get that wrestler at 174 next season, we could see him as a legit All-American threat. Despite the tough cut. He still won two bouts at the NCAA Tournament. If the Buckeye’s had won, he would have been lauded for adding to the point total in a tight team race.

174-
I’m not sure any other 4x All-American who reached the NCAA finals has ever caught as much grief from his fans as Bo Jordan (probably someone from Iowa has). The man was a questionable call away from a national title over Mark Hall last year and a stalling technique away from beating Zahid Valencia this year.
The knock against his bottom work is understandable, and he definitely didn’t have the end of the year that he would have wanted, but I think too often that we expect great high school wrestlers to win 2-3 titles in college.
I was bummed that he lost to Amine at Big Tens and at the NCAA Tournament, but I’m sure that no one was more disappointed than Bo. I’m not sure if injuries were a factor, but he still made AA for a 4th consecutive year in a loaded weight.
Sometimes seniors are so banged up by the time that they complete their final season that they seem to be running on fumes. I think of many of the recent Iowa wrestlers:
Matt McDonough didn’t place as a senior after finishing 1st twice and 2nd once.
Derek St. John placed 5th as a senior after finishing 1st and 2nd the past two years.
Brandon Sorensen finished 5th as a senior after placing 4th, 2nd and 3rd.
Ethan Lofthouse DNP as a senior after placing 5th and 7th.
I understand some of the criticisms that are brought forth on this forum, but I wish more people would remember that these are young kids who are better at this sport than probably anyone who is criticizing them. Many of the people who are critical of these young men have never accomplished a fraction of what they have. I doubt they have half the heart of these wrestlers. They wouldn’t appreciate someone saying the same things about their kid, and I’m sure they wouldn’t want someone to say it about them.

184-
Myles Martin may have been the most improved wrestler on the team this year. The finals loss will eat him up inside, but he went for it, and I applaud him for that. Nickal is a freak who is unlike anyone else in college wrestling at this time. He’s the kind of guy that you love if he’s on your team, but he’ll make you pull your hair out if he’s wrestling against you.
Some of the other wrestlers on the team looked like they may have been sucked down or a bit undersized, but Myles grew into the weight perfectly, and didn’t lose to anyone other than Nickal over the course of the season.
Myles was awesome this year, and I can’t wait to see what he can do with another year of improvement as he takes one last crack at Bo in 2019.

197-
I expect Moore to right himself with an off-season of recovery. He never seemed quite right this year, and I expect that it was lingering affects of the injury that he sustained in the pre-season. I’m not sure if he was still hurt, or just tentative because he didn’t feel quite right. Either way, I still think Kollin Moore of 2017 would have walked through this year’s tournament. When he was firing on all cylinders, he was one of the most prolific offensive scorers in NCAA wrestling.
He still pinned national finalist Haught, placed at a second straight NCAA Tournament, won the Big 10 title, and beat Darmstadt who entered the tournament ranked #1 in the nation. Not bad for a guy who had a “rough” season.

285-
Why are we so blessed? Kyle Synder may have been the greatest college wrestler of all time, and he may be the best wrestler in the world. For 4 glorious years, he was ours. 3 NCAA titles, 4 finals appearances, a gold medal, and 2 other world titles.
The homer in me wants to point out that Cael redshirted and actually took a loss during that redshirt year.
His first title was in OT to prevent Gwiazdowski from winning his 3rd title, and his last championship was over a wrestler who was 60 pounds heavier. Both of those titles ended the night as the highlight match at a weight which many criticize as boring and uneventful.
Gwiazdowski was 3rd in the world in freestyle at heavyweight this past year, and Coon will likely be competing in either freestyle or Greco at the world team trials.
If Snyder wins another couple of world titles, I honestly don’t know what else he can accomplish to top himself. Maybe we’ll have him wrestle bears, gorillas, or tigers. He’s already beaten a giant astronaut.
It seems like there is nothing that Snyder can’t do, so maybe he’ll eventually become president. I’d vote for him.

-Max Pearce
Old 03-22-18, 09:29 AM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Three guys gone from this year's team - and they will all be hard to replace with anything close to what they accomplished and provided for the team this year. Snyder being the biggest loss - but generally you could always expect a dual team win from NaTo and Bo - and a top 3 finish at least from each of them at Big 10 or nationals (despite 5th from Bo this year). If you could replace that talent 1 for 1 - then OSU would likely be the national champ in 2019. What will help is getting better finishes from Hayes and Campbell (who will move up to 174) and I would also expect Micah to be more dominant at 157 with another year to grow into the weight. I don't know what to expect at 125. Pletcher will be tough - and could actually have been just a redshirt freshman this past year if he had not been needed to replace an injured Hayes last year. He has a lot of upside and I think he can develop his upper body better and give Micic a lot more to deal to offset the length that Micic has over him.

In any event, 2019 will be another good year for the Bucks - but I also expect Iowa to move up and be tougher as well. Does any site rank the recruiting classes? It would be interesting to see how OSU would be ranked on the incoming class - and how last year's class will fill needs for next year. Romero and Singletary appear to be the best redshirts, but I don't know much about who else redshirted.

I think pretty much everything has been covered in several posts. I think it also shows some post-partum depression from the season ending so close to another national championship. To slightly mis-quote the Japanese as they invaded Pearl Harbor "to hell with Bo Nickal.."
Old 03-22-18, 09:35 AM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
Max Pearce, great post. My thoughts exactly. While we all wanted the Buckeyes to win, and thought that they could have won, it would have been perhaps the biggest upset in NCAA wrestling if they had beaten PSU. This was a team returning 5 NCAA champs, which I don't think ever happened before. And they had AA Nevills, who was ranked #3 most of the year. And they had McCutcheon at 197 who was seeded #4 at last year's NCAAs but didn't place. McCutch obviously had injuries, but they filled in nicely with AA Rasheed. And the had a blue chip freshman in AA Nick Lee, who beat numerous AAs during the season. How does anyone compete with that team? Well, tOSU did, beating them in the B10s and almost pulling it off at NCAAs. Congrats to this great team for a great season.

And your best line was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClearn7 View Post
I understand some of the criticisms that are brought forth on this forum, but I wish more people would remember that these are young kids who are better at this sport than probably anyone who is criticizing them. Many of the people who are critical of these young men have never accomplished a fraction of what they have. I doubt they have half the heart of these wrestlers.
Old 03-22-18, 09:54 AM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEagle View Post
Three guys gone from this year's team - and they will all be hard to replace with anything close to what they accomplished and provided for the team this year. Snyder being the biggest loss - but generally you could always expect a dual team win from NaTo and Bo - and a top 3 finish at least from each of them at Big 10 or nationals (despite 5th from Bo this year). If you could replace that talent 1 for 1 - then OSU would likely be the national champ in 2019. What will help is getting better finishes from Hayes and Campbell (who will move up to 174) and I would also expect Micah to be more dominant at 157 with another year to grow into the weight. I don't know what to expect at 125. Pletcher will be tough - and could actually have been just a redshirt freshman this past year if he had not been needed to replace an injured Hayes last year. He has a lot of upside and I think he can develop his upper body better and give Micic a lot more to deal to offset the length that Micic has over him.

In any event, 2019 will be another good year for the Bucks - but I also expect Iowa to move up and be tougher as well. Does any site rank the recruiting classes? It would be interesting to see how OSU would be ranked on the incoming class - and how last year's class will fill needs for next year. Romero and Singletary appear to be the best redshirts, but I don't know much about who else redshirted.

I think pretty much everything has been covered in several posts. I think it also shows some post-partum depression from the season ending so close to another national championship. To slightly mis-quote the Japanese as they invaded Pearl Harbor "to hell with Bo Nickal.."
I've seen individual rankings but not team rankings like you see in football. It's widely accepted that PSU and tOSU are clearly the top two teams in recruiting for this incoming class. And Romero and Singletary will be the two current red shirts that will contribute next year.