Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-19-18, 05:27 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
Yeah Jay County is garbage in football. We schooled them 3 years in a row at Greenville, and that first time was the only year we were any good. A border war rivalry would be great, if only both JC and FR would schedule it out for a few years.
We can all agree that Jay County is terrible at football but they would be a D2 or D3 school by Ohio enrollment standards and if they win lets say 3 or 4 games a year(4-7 last year), that'd still be good points for the Fort if they would win. There's a few Indiana schools that I'd like to see Coldwater play but the fact that they don't start the same week as Ohio makes it more difficult.
Old 02-19-18, 06:13 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
We can all agree that Jay County is terrible at football but they would be a D2 or D3 school by Ohio enrollment standards and if they win lets say 3 or 4 games a year(4-7 last year), that'd still be good points for the Fort if they would win. There's a few Indiana schools that I'd like to see Coldwater play but the fact that they don't start the same week as Ohio makes it more difficult.
How did ML get Woodlan? Woodlan and JC play in the same conference so they both should face the same scheduling issues.
Old 02-19-18, 06:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
How did ML get Woodlan? Woodlan and JC play in the same conference so they both should face the same scheduling issues.
Week 1 is week 2 in Indiana so they would still be in the non conference portion of their schedule. I'm not sure how many Non-Conference games the Allen County Athletic Conference plays but if it is two, that would make it impossible for an Ohio team to schedule a team from that conference in Ohio week 2. They must play 3 because Marion will face them in week 2 in 2019. An Indiana conference with 3 non conference games would be much easier to schedule an Ohio team.
Old 02-19-18, 06:27 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Personally I am not a big fan of traveling for non league games not as intense or hard hitting as league games. I would like to see Marion Local and Coldwater or SH play twice a year. I can remember when ML and CW played twice a year, hard hitting, big crowds, games meant something, not like non league games which other than computer pts. do not mean much.
Old 02-20-18, 10:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Personally I am not a big fan of traveling for non league games not as intense or hard hitting as league games. I would like to see Marion Local and Coldwater or SH play twice a year. I can remember when ML and CW played twice a year, hard hitting, big crowds, games meant something, not like non league games which other than computer pts. do not mean much.
Computer points mean everything.
Old 02-20-18, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Tuuuurrrrrible idea.
Old 02-20-18, 11:36 AM
All World

Quote:
I find it difficult to believe that CJ was a weaker opponent than Parkway or NB.
Old 02-20-18, 01:10 PM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As a fan, I have always been a big fan of a good road trip at the start of the season when the weather is warm. it is a chance to see other stadiums and other styles of football.
Old 02-20-18, 01:16 PM
Freshman

flyer2932 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Week 1 is week 2 in Indiana so they would still be in the non conference portion of their schedule. I'm not sure how many Non-Conference games the Allen County Athletic Conference plays but if it is two, that would make it impossible for an Ohio team to schedule a team from that conference in Ohio week 2. They must play 3 because Marion will face them in week 2 in 2019. An Indiana conference with 3 non conference games would be much easier to schedule an Ohio team.
The Marion-Woodlan game in 2019 is actually week 1. Looks like 2019 season starts a little later. Aug 30th.
Marion and St Henry have week 2 openings posted on the OHSAA website for the 2019 season.
Old 02-20-18, 02:01 PM
Varsity

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer2932 View Post
The Marion-Woodlan game in 2019 is actually week 1. Looks like 2019 season starts a little later. Aug 30th.
Marion and St Henry have week 2 openings posted on the OHSAA website for the 2019 season.
If it comes down to playing one less game that season, I could see Marion and St. Henry playing. It would be better than having an open date.
Old 02-20-18, 02:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Tuuuurrrrrible idea.
Why? Coldwater don't want to run up their water bill playing ML twice in one season.
Old 02-20-18, 02:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I find it difficult to believe that CJ was a weaker opponent than Parkway or NB.
Did not say that. What I posted was I would rather play a Coldwater or St. Henry than having a long non league road game.
Old 02-20-18, 04:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Why? Coldwater don't want to run up their water bill playing ML twice in one season.
The water meter conveniently gets turned off that week.....
Old 02-20-18, 05:03 PM
All World

Quote:
The water meter conveniently gets turned off that week.....
Lmao!
Old 02-20-18, 05:26 PM
All American

Quote:
I personally hate the Idea of playing a team twice in the regular season. As for myself, I like seeing new teams and visiting new stadiums. I'll get to do that in 2019 when Coldwater makes the trek to Cincinnati Mount Healthy in week 2.
Old 02-20-18, 05:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Thanks for the correction. I guess if push comes to shove and neither of them can find an opponent, then they could probably play twice. Hate the idea of it but if it happens, it'll be what it is.
Old 02-20-18, 06:02 PM
Freshman

flyer2932 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks for the correction. I guess if push comes to shove and neither of them can find an opponent, then they could probably play twice. Hate the idea of it but if it happens, it'll be what it is.
I wouldn't want to see them play twice in a year either.
I do think it will be interesting to see who will get a game scheduled first. Both are Division 6 schools and would think they would be competing against each other to find an opponent.
Old 02-20-18, 06:11 PM
All American

Quote:
I wouldn't want to see them play twice in a year either.
I do think it will be interesting to see who will get a game scheduled first. Both are Division 6 schools and would think they would be competing against each other to find an opponent.
Trotwood was mentioned earlier as an option for week 2 this season. Unsure if that could be a 2 year contract. Who would Marion supporters want to play?
Old 02-21-18, 02:11 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Trotwood was mentioned earlier as an option for week 2 this season. Unsure if that could be a 2 year contract. Who would Marion supporters want to play?
I'd love to see ML take on more WBL teams. Marion vs Wapak, St Mary's, Ottawa G... Those would be great games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-18, 02:42 PM
All World

Quote:
I wouldn't want to see them play twice in a year either. .
Why not ?
Old 02-21-18, 04:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I'd love to see ML take on more WBL teams. Marion vs Wapak, St Mary's, Ottawa G... Those would be great games.

I kinda wish WBL teams would play 2 non conference games. It'd be easier to schedule them. It might alleviate some scheduling problems some of us are having.
Old 02-21-18, 04:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I kinda wish WBL teams would play 2 non conference games. It'd be easier to schedule them. It might alleviate some scheduling problems some of us are having.
Yes it would. They are locked in to 9 conference games. Too bad. Milton used to play Wapak back in the 70s.

Old 02-21-18, 05:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Yes it would. They are locked in to 9 conference games. Too bad. Milton used to play Wapak back in the 70s.

I'm still wishing for Celina to return to the schedule. Coldwater hasn't played Celina in my lifetime. Last time was 1991.
Old 02-21-18, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm still wishing for Celina to return to the schedule. Coldwater hasn't played Celina in my lifetime. Last time was 1991.
I was at that game. Darn I'm old dude.

Old 02-22-18, 08:38 AM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
We play 3 since we have 7 members. Used to have 2 until Garrett and Leo left and we only brought in Jay County for 1 of those spots. If this schedule stays I'd love for teams to cross state lines and play neighbors. However I wish we could steal Bellmont and Norwell and add Bkackford (to keep Southern Wells from leaving) and make every regular season game a conference game.
Old 02-22-18, 09:01 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
If it comes down to playing one less game that season, I could see Marion and St. Henry playing. It would be better than having an open date.
A 9 game schedule would have helped a St. Henry this past year by lowering the divisor their score is calculated against. That might be an alternative to say, taking two L's on the schedule.

Also had a question in general, why would Parkway have even hired Wellman in the first place? Vinton County is always considered one of the worst teams in their division. How would a 3-7 record in one year there make a team want to get in the mix for him?
Old 02-22-18, 09:34 AM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
A 9 game schedule would have helped a St. Henry this past year by lowering the divisor their score is calculated against. That might be an alternative to say, taking two L's on the schedule.

Also had a question in general, why would Parkway have even hired Wellman in the first place? Vinton County is always considered one of the worst teams in their division. How would a 3-7 record in one year there make a team want to get in the mix for him?
I think Parkway would or will hire any coach interested that wins more than 1 game.
Old 02-22-18, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I was at that game. Darn I'm old dude.

I played in that game. 3 coaches in 4 seasons, including one fired in season.

Dark. Dark time for cw football.
It was miserable. But I will say this......knowing what came afterwards I would not change a thing.
Old 02-22-18, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I played in that game. 3 coaches in 4 seasons, including one fired in season.

Dark. Dark time for cw football.
It was miserable. But I will say this......knowing what came afterwards I would not change a thing.
No doubt. Milton, my Alma mater, has gone through that as well. CW is what every school should be modeling their program after.

Old 02-22-18, 03:22 PM
Varsity

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post

Well, when you are the worst team in the league nearly every year, it is not a very attractive job. If Wellman resigned after the end of the season, there would be more attractive candidates in November and December than now. About every Parkway coach who quit has waited several months or the beginning of summer to announce their resignation. They need a coach who will stay for the long haul to develop a program.
The only thing going for Parkway is the MAC. If some young up and coming coach wanted to prove his worth by completing with some of the states best, this is a possibility. I am surprised none of the assistant coaches from successful area schools would strike out on their own to show what they could do. Even a head coach from a smaller school in a weak league could want the challenge. I guess if you are all ready successful, why bust your a** to start from scratch when you can stay where you are at and not have to work as hard.
In other words, if his was Coldwater, Marion Local, Minister or even Ft. Recovery, there would be hundreds of candidates. With Parkway, they end up scraping the bottom of the barrel.