Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 04-30-18, 05:21 PM
Johnny Sins Johnny Sins is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-29-18
Posts: 14
Johnny Sins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Caudill's not going to see the field so let's move on. I'll take a stab a the starters for 2018

OFFENSE:
QB: McKenzie
RB: Watkins
WR: Bradfish
WR: Valentine
Slot: Khayo
C: Malone/Ringle
G: Richter
G: Staples
T: Carpenter
T: Dixon
TE: Boggs

DEFENSE:
Nose: Choi
DT: Mullaney
DT: Merritt
LB: Szabodas
LB: Toephfer
LB: Doggett
LB: Craft
C: Hendrix
C: Baker
S: Lampert
S: Junker

K: Thibadeaux
P: Causmano

The defense scheme they run will decide on how many lineman and linebackers play but that's my thoughts as of now. Remember we were a young team last year so there is a lot coming back.
Will Boggs also be used as an H-back this year? Does anyone know who the long snapper will be?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-01-18, 05:59 PM
BLUMKIN BLUMKIN is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-06-18
Posts: 8
BLUMKIN is on a distinguished road
Heard that Caudill kid is pretty tough, played through lots of injuries in his stint at moeller. He's been grinding all offseason and should see some playing time in the future.... thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-01-18, 07:38 PM
Fake Taxi Fake Taxi is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-12-16
Posts: 58
Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUMKIN View Post
Heard that Caudill kid is pretty tough, played through lots of injuries in his stint at moeller. He's been grinding all offseason and should see some playing time in the future.... thoughts?
I'd love to see him play this year but I don't think that will happen unless McKenzie gets hurt. I think he'll do big things for the Crusaders when he's a senior.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-02-18, 07:00 PM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like Caudill's entire family is on yappi! He's not going to see the field this year so lets move on and talk about those who will be playing. Will be interesting to see what position Fickell's kid plays and if he plays on the varsity. I think he would be a great guard or center.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-02-18, 07:22 PM
GBM22 GBM22 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-01-18
Posts: 1
GBM22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Will be interesting to see what position Fickell's kid plays and if he plays on the varsity. I think he would be a great guard or center.
As of right now, Fickell is too small to play at the Varsity level, especially on the line.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-03-18, 06:37 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
He's not a TE so OL or DL will most likely be his position. Hopefully he can get bigger and stronger. He's a good looking kid for his age. I think if McKenzie can throw the ball we have some weapons with Khayo, Bradfish and Valentine. Watkins isn't bad catching the ball out of the backfield either. Key is......getting the ball to them. Should be interesting. Any word on when they are going to put the Iron Man plaques back up in the weight room? Boy that is neat to walk in there and see all those names, records and teams. I can't believe anyone would want to take that history down when it's been there since the start. Hopefully they will go back up.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-03-18, 03:02 PM
bluengoldblinders bluengoldblinders is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-17-13
Posts: 720
bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Outside of everything else that's been discussed...does anyone know any details on how many kids we're looking at in the program at the moment?

I mentioned last year, it looked like a troubling amount of kids on the JV and Frosh rosters last year. As a football alum, I'm shocked the numbers were/are that low.

I'm glad Coach Rosfeld is at the helm, but I'm just really concerned about the #'s in the program and the lack of experience on the coaching staff. My concern on the coaching staff stems from a lack of x's and o's experience. I'm convinced, at least partly, the lack of on field success the past few years stems from poor game planning.

So, in my opinion...until the numbers get back up and this program takes the field weekly with a cognizant gameplan, the results won't be much different.

I'm hoping someone can walk me off the ledge!!!
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-03-18, 04:55 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,953
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
He's not a TE so OL or DL will most likely be his position. Hopefully he can get bigger and stronger. He's a good looking kid for his age. I think if McKenzie can throw the ball we have some weapons with Khayo, Bradfish and Valentine. Watkins isn't bad catching the ball out of the backfield either. Key is......getting the ball to them. Should be interesting. Any word on when they are going to put the Iron Man plaques back up in the weight room? Boy that is neat to walk in there and see all those names, records and teams. I can't believe anyone would want to take that history down when it's been there since the start. Hopefully they will go back up.
Fickell, like McKenzie, is already significantly older for their grade fyi...
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-03-18, 07:21 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,905
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Fickell, like McKenzie, is already significantly older for their grade fyi...
Thanks for sharing this very irrelevant information. fyi
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-03-18, 08:34 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 972
The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
Outside of everything else that's been discussed...does anyone know any details on how many kids we're looking at in the program at the moment?

I mentioned last year, it looked like a troubling amount of kids on the JV and Frosh rosters last year. As a football alum, I'm shocked the numbers were/are that low.

I'm glad Coach Rosfeld is at the helm, but I'm just really concerned about the #'s in the program and the lack of experience on the coaching staff. My concern on the coaching staff stems from a lack of x's and o's experience. I'm convinced, at least partly, the lack of on field success the past few years stems from poor game planning.

So, in my opinion...until the numbers get back up and this program takes the field weekly with a cognizant gameplan, the results won't be much different.

I'm hoping someone can walk me off the ledge!!!
I think Rosfeld was a home run hire. I also believe this will be a year of transition. The coaching staff will have to work their kinks out along with the players learning new systems and working through that learning curve. I have no doubt that Rosfeld will get this turned around but it will take time. I think the numbers will increase based a lot on his passion and being a guy kids will want to play for. Again, I think it will take time and unfortunately, their schedule will be among the toughest around, so there won't be a lot of time to work those kinks out. People are going to have to be patient and give this thing some time. There is a lot of "new" that will be happening this season. Week 2 will be pivotal. If they can beat Trinity, that will give them confidence and put them on a roll. It's going to be fun season to see how everything unfolds with the all the changes.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 05-03-18, 09:57 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,953
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Thanks for sharing this very irrelevant information. fyi
The comment was in regards to the discussion regarding his physical development. Age of the player is completely relevant- obviously a sophomore that is 15 vs one that is 17 is typically going to have more potential for developing physically.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-04-18, 12:05 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,905
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
The comment was in regards to the discussion regarding his physical development. Age of the player is completely relevant- obviously a sophomore that is 15 vs one that is 17 is typically going to have more potential for developing physically.
Fickell will be a big, strong, physical HS player his Jr and Sr year regardless what position he plays. Your comment is still irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-04-18, 05:47 PM
Johnny Sins Johnny Sins is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-29-18
Posts: 14
Johnny Sins is on a distinguished road
This whole thread has been dedicated to a backup qb for the better part of a week. Certainly there are other things we can talk about on here.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-05-18, 03:07 AM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 683
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
Outside of everything else that's been discussed...does anyone know any details on how many kids we're looking at in the program at the moment?

I mentioned last year, it looked like a troubling amount of kids on the JV and Frosh rosters last year. As a football alum, I'm shocked the numbers were/are that low.

I'm glad Coach Rosfeld is at the helm, but I'm just really concerned about the #'s in the program and the lack of experience on the coaching staff. My concern on the coaching staff stems from a lack of x's and o's experience. I'm convinced, at least partly, the lack of on field success the past few years stems from poor game planning.

So, in my opinion...until the numbers get back up and this program takes the field weekly with a cognizant gameplan, the results won't be much different.

I'm hoping someone can walk me off the ledge!!!
As far as the numbers, the only thing that we have that indicates #'s are down are FR and JV rosters from last year. Coaches and the teams twitter accounts show plenty of sweaty boys working out. The number of guys im seeing does not appear to be less then usual this time of year (keep in mind some guys are involved in spring sports now).

Also (wrong, right or indifferent) Roddy didn't really care that much about the lower level teams. If there was a chance the kid could help the varsity team, he was not listed on his respective FR or Jv roster.

There will be growing pains but I think Doug will get it going, eventually. Doug is smart enough to know that he is building something that goes a little deeper than just HS football. Doug is a cerebral dude, (a major advantage I believe he has over Pat M. at LS),I think this will help get more kids involved. I heard a lot about how the old staff was miserable to be around and honestly like ive said over and over, the program became a college prospect all start team and if you were an average kid why would you want to stick around? Especially once the W's stopped.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-06-18, 09:03 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not concerned about numbers and have heard numbers this year are up but we don't need "bodies" we need PLAYERS who can get on the field and play. People talk about guys playing both ways and every other team is doing it because of "numbers" or lack of players so it doesn't matter if we have 90 guys dress on Friday nights we need players who can get on the field. I've noticed for the past few years that after a starter goes down the back-up who goes in is the talent level is a big drop from the starter. We all know there will be injuries with the schedule that we play. So until we get more players nothing is going to change. Numbers don't put W's on the board.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-06-18, 10:45 AM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 683
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
I'm not concerned about numbers and have heard numbers this year are up but we don't need "bodies" we need PLAYERS who can get on the field and play. People talk about guys playing both ways and every other team is doing it because of "numbers" or lack of players so it doesn't matter if we have 90 guys dress on Friday nights we need players who can get on the field. I've noticed for the past few years that after a starter goes down the back-up who goes in is the talent level is a big drop from the starter. We all know there will be injuries with the schedule that we play. So until we get more players nothing is going to change. Numbers don't put W's on the board.
Of course numbers alone won't win games and numbers dosent always equate depth. Also having 20-30 kids who know they arnt going to play a down on game day can be a distraction. Coach Specht does a pretty good job of managing that situation over on north bend.

But with that said, generally you would like the average kid at the school to want to participate in the football program and I would like to see about 80 boys on varsity.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-07-18, 07:31 AM
FTB0019 FTB0019 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 05-01-18
Posts: 5
FTB0019 is on a distinguished road
Don't quote me on this but Rumor has it that 6'4 215lb quarterback Michael Thompson is coming back to Moeller. Thompson was the freshman quarterback for Moeller 2 years ago. He did a stellar job on the freshman team. This would be huge if he does actually come to moeller.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-07-18, 07:53 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTB0019 View Post
Don't quote me on this but Rumor has it that 6'4 215lb quarterback Michael Thompson is coming back to Moeller. Thompson was the freshman quarterback for Moeller 2 years ago. He did a stellar job on the freshman team. This would be huge if he does actually come to moeller.
If true that would be great news! I saw him play as a freshmen and he was good. Thompson would compete with McKenzie for the starting job. Better yet it would give us a solid back-up QB. If this is true it would be big with McBride not playing next year.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-07-18, 11:03 AM
bluengoldblinders bluengoldblinders is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-17-13
Posts: 720
bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
I'm not concerned about numbers and have heard numbers this year are up but we don't need "bodies" we need PLAYERS who can get on the field and play. People talk about guys playing both ways and every other team is doing it because of "numbers" or lack of players so it doesn't matter if we have 90 guys dress on Friday nights we need players who can get on the field. I've noticed for the past few years that after a starter goes down the back-up who goes in is the talent level is a big drop from the starter. We all know there will be injuries with the schedule that we play. So until we get more players nothing is going to change. Numbers don't put W's on the board.
Valid points, I'm just going to continue to be of the belief that a school with a rich football history like our alma mater should have a varsity roster that dresses 99 players, whether they be seniors, freshman, etc.

Totally understand the drop off from a starter going down to the backup and hopefully those kinds of things can be changed.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-08-18, 10:42 AM
BLUMKIN BLUMKIN is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-06-18
Posts: 8
BLUMKIN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTB0019 View Post
Don't quote me on this but Rumor has it that 6'4 215lb quarterback Michael Thompson is coming back to Moeller. Thompson was the freshman quarterback for Moeller 2 years ago. He did a stellar job on the freshman team. This would be huge if he does actually come to moeller.

I have also heard this rumor. Sad news for Caudill
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 05-08-18, 11:47 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the word on the DC and what defense we will be running?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-08-18, 12:13 PM
FTB0019 FTB0019 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 05-01-18
Posts: 5
FTB0019 is on a distinguished road
We are going to see a lot of 3-4 this year.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-08-18, 12:13 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 683
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
What's the word on the DC and what defense we will be running?

I believe 4 down nickle. (4-2-5)
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-08-18, 05:43 PM
Fake Taxi Fake Taxi is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-12-16
Posts: 58
Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUMKIN View Post
I have also heard this rumor. Sad news for Caudill
This could be really good for Caudill because it would give him someone else to compete against. This should make for an interesting QB situation going into 2019. Big Moe might have to play both of these kids.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-08-18, 07:11 PM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
This could be really good for Caudill because it would give him someone else to compete against. This should make for an interesting QB situation going into 2019. Big Moe might have to play both of these kids.
Can the Caudill family stay off this thread and let us talk about the guys that are going to play?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-08-18, 07:17 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 972
The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTB0019 View Post
Don't quote me on this but Rumor has it that 6'4 215lb quarterback Michael Thompson is coming back to Moeller. Thompson was the freshman quarterback for Moeller 2 years ago. He did a stellar job on the freshman team. This would be huge if he does actually come to moeller.
Where is he coming from? What kind of QB is he.....pure passer, runner, both?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-09-18, 06:28 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Right before the start of the season last year his dad was transferred to England I believe for work. I guess he's transferred back to the states. I believe he was from Indian Hill. Played QB his freshman year and played very well. Strong arm and can throw it. Size allows him to run the football which he also did well. I heard good things about him prior to him leaving. Should be someone who can compete with McKenzie for the job.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-09-18, 01:09 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,905
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Right before the start of the season last year his dad was transferred to England I believe for work. I guess he's transferred back to the states. I believe he was from Indian Hill. Played QB his freshman year and played very well. Strong arm and can throw it. Size allows him to run the football which he also did well. I heard good things about him prior to him leaving. Should be someone who can compete with McKenzie for the job.
It this young man returning to Moeller for sure?
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-10-18, 08:09 PM
Naughty America Naughty America is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-01-18
Posts: 23
Naughty America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Can the Caudill family stay off this thread and let us talk about the guys that are going to play?
Totally agree with you redskins. Caudill is terrible and I don't know why everyone feels the need to keep bringing him up
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-14-18, 05:35 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 136
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awful quite on the is thread. I'm hearing that the new DC may not be staying at Moeller. It's the end of May and we don't have our DC? In the past they have started Camp mid-July. It's getting late. I just hope Naumann isn't the DC. If it comes to that let Coach Klonne be the DC.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Football Coaches Changes IUDOGS Football 346 07-12-18 07:37 AM
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 284 07-06-18 07:28 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz