Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-20-17, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinelder80 View Post
What's annoying is during a good discussion of potential opponents you have to go to the name calling route like a 12 year old girl. Grow the hell up!
It's the truth, only an idiot would think it's a good idea to schedule Centennial with the OOC schedule Elder already plays.

Teams in Ohio can't compete with the big schools out West bc they can legally recruit kids and build their team with transfers. Mater Dei kicked the crap out of LS and won a National Title with 4-5 D1 players who transferred in. St John Bosco did the same thing a few years ago. The team they'd be scheduling today won't be close to the same team they'd play in October.
Old 12-20-17, 10:58 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
In most cases, I'm fairly certain most people agree with your posts. It's just that no one will give you the satisfaction of saying that they agree with you. Alot of the issues posted here are certainly being talked about among all of our peer groups, and everyone knows it. We also know that pretty much no one is willing to be that person to speak out about it as well, for fear of retribution. That is also happening.

You could write 10 perfect paragraphs of things to fix problems, and 2 words of personal attacks, and fellow posters focus on the 2 words. That's just what they do. They do the same to me.

We all know most of these issues are real. The 95% of normal minded people see the issues. However, those 95% aren't willing to speak up about it for various reasons. The other 5% are so deeply indoctrinated in the Elder way, they will never see anything else as a solution, and will view ideas as attacks against the school and the people that run it.

Anyway you slice it, there's no healthy forum to provide feedback.

For example, most people (95%) logically agree that adding a football superpower to the schedule is crazy with how difficult the schedule already is, and with the potential of more hard games equaling no playoffs. The other 5% say "we play anyone, anywhere, because that's what we do - we're Elder!!!!", which is really dumb.

Last edited by trey2k; 12-20-17 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-20-17, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
In most cases, I'm fairly certain most people agree with your posts. It's just that no one will give you the satisfaction of saying that they agree with you. Alot of the issues posted here are certainly being talked about among all of our peer groups, and everyone knows it. We also know that pretty much no one is willing to be that person to speak out about it as well, for fear of retribution. That is also happening.

You could write 10 perfect paragraphs of things to fix problems, and 2 words of personal attacks, and fellow posters focus on the 2 words. That's just what they do. They do the same to me.

We all know most of these issues are real. The 95% of normal minded people see the issues. However, those 95% aren't willing to speak up about it for various reasons. The other 5% are so deeply indoctrinated in the Elder way, they will never see anything else as a solution, and will view ideas as attacks against the school and the people that run it.

Anyway you slice it, there's no healthy forum to provide feedback.

For example, most people (95%) logically agree that adding a football superpower to the schedule is crazy with how difficult the schedule already is, and with the potential of more hard games equaling no playoffs. The other 5% say "we play anyone, anywhere, because that's what we do - we're Elder!!!!", which is really dumb.
Retribution? It's not the friggin mob. TBH, it's stupid of me to even get worked up over it, bc this is speculation from someone not even affiliated with Elder. It's no secret, I don't see eye to eye with the people running the show at Elder, but they're not dumb. I'm sure they perform the necessary due diligence on teams they're looking to schedule.
Old 12-20-17, 11:23 AM
All American

Probably not the right word, but you get what I'm saying. You get put on the sh*t list.

Most people openly question the coaches and administrators in the stands, and then will shake their hand with a smile, and pat their back on their performance upon personal greeting.

Part of the reason why there's not many people that post anymore. They are not comfortable posting negative things, so they just don't post.
Old 12-20-17, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Probably not the right word, but you get what I'm saying. You get put on the sh*t list.

Most people openly question the coaches and administrators in the stands, and then will shake their hand with a smile, and pat their back on their performance upon personal greeting.
Some of them criticize/complain just for the sake of criticizing or complaining. I don't have a problem pointing out what I think Elder needs to improve on, but I also don't have a problem giving them credit for what they do well. A lot of ppl think I have some kind of ego trip and the reality is, I only care about seeing Elder win, there's absolutely no other motive.
Old 12-20-17, 11:37 AM
Junior Varsity

cincyelder is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Part of the reason why there's not many people that post anymore. They are not comfortable posting negative things, so they just don't post.
Maybe it's because Descartes runs them down publicly and on private message merely over their opinions. Surprised there are still more than you two in here.
Old 12-20-17, 11:48 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyelder View Post
Maybe it's because Descartes runs them down publicly and on private message merely over their opinions. Surprised there are still more than you two in here.
If Descartes does that, that's odd. But I doubt that's why they're not posting.

The level of interest in Elder sports is not high. Most people have said "oh well, the run is over, moving on"

Most people still go to support family members and friends, but the passion has disappeared. Most have accepted what Elder sports has become, and realize it will be near impossible to get back there without drastic changes that don't seem are going to happen.
Old 12-20-17, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You deserved it. Nobody should get a pat on the back for a blowout loss. Again, I'm not ragging on the kids, but what you posted was embarrassing. That type of "Participation Trophy" attitude is cancerous and it's infected some of the fan base. The Frosh staff should already be planning on running up the score in next year's game, give those Diks payback. Enough of this "good enough" BS, get cutthroat and bust open some friggin skulls.
Old 12-20-17, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If Descartes does that, that's odd. But I doubt that's why they're not posting.

The level of interest in Elder sports is not high. Most people have said "oh well, the run is over, moving on"

Most people still go to support family members and friends, but the passion has disappeared.
Those people are pvssified losers and shouldn't even be allowed in the stadium. Elder can compete and win at a high level within the rules, no excuses.
Old 12-20-17, 11:55 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Elder can compete and win at a high level within the rules, no excuses.
Agreed...but they're not using rule changes to adapt. Let's stop the charade of all of these other schools cheating to get better. They're not cheating, they're adapting.

Elder isn't being saintly by not following suit...they're becoming an afterthought in the high school sports landscape.
Old 12-20-17, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Agreed...but they're not using rule changes to adapt. Let's stop the charade of all of these other schools cheating to get better. They're not cheating, they're adapting.

Elder isn't being saintly by not following suit...they're becoming an afterthought in the high school sports landscape.
Some schools do not shady stuff, I know that as a matter of fact. However, you are correct in that it's an excuse that gets overused to justify mediocrity.
Old 12-20-17, 11:58 AM
All American

There will always be cheaters. Always. This has nothing to do with cheating.

Elder needs to own their success.
Old 12-20-17, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Elder needs to own their success.
This is true.
Old 12-20-17, 12:46 PM
Junior Varsity

cincyelder is on a distinguished road
you two enjoy talking to each other.
Old 12-20-17, 01:03 PM
All American

This board will flame out eventually too. And it's not because of us.
Old 12-20-17, 01:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
you two enjoy talking to each other.
No, I think he sucks.
Old 12-20-17, 01:12 PM
All American

There is only one pboy. Maybe I'll just give you your platform back.

Deuces.

Someone give me instructions on how to delete my account and I'm out.
Old 12-20-17, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
More melodrama. It's slow bc it's December and we're about 6 months away from any tangible discussions about football. This is still one of the most, if not the most, active school forums on the site.
Old 12-20-17, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There is only one pboy. Maybe I'll just give you your platform back.

Deuces.

Someone give me instructions on how to delete my account and I'm out.
How about just not logging in?
Old 12-20-17, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You two have run off a lot of people already though. There used to be a good 20-25 posters just on the Elder boards. Things usually slowed down after football season, but you'd be surprised how many people dislike the two of you going back and forth over the same things.
Old 12-20-17, 01:21 PM
All American

Quote:
More melodrama. It's slow bc it's December and we're about 6 months away from any tangible discussions about football. This is still one of the most, if not the most, active school forums on the site.
Not really...basketball is in full force and no one cares. It shouldn't be that way. There is zero interest. I understand it's not football and that football is king, but the apathy for it is telling. That's not a good sign.

The general decline of the sports programs has pretty much stripped alot of passion from the fans. That passion is what made Elder...Elder.

It's not melodrama...it's reality, and it's not a good look.
Old 12-20-17, 01:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
You two have run off a lot of people already though. There used to be a good 20-25 posters just on the Elder boards. Things usually slowed down after football season, but you'd be surprised how many people dislike the two of you going back and forth over the same things.
We are also the ONLY ones that dare to be critical. We get critical, even when it's obvious, and everyone gets scared away.

We all sit at a basketball and football game and everyone whispers about all of the things that are brought up here...it's like it's a mortal sin to question Elder or anyone up there. I know everyone hears it too, but it's all hush hush.
Old 12-20-17, 01:24 PM
All World

PantherTom
Yep, I agree adselder09. Both of you guys are azzholes and I hate reading your crap anymore.
Old 12-20-17, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Then they can use the Ignore button. It won't offend me. I probably should've kept Trey on the ignore list permanently, but I had him on their all Football season. And if anyone's got a problem with me, PM me or call me out. I care about the truth, so if I'm wrong on something, feel free to call me an idiot and explain why I'm wrong.
Old 12-20-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not really...basketball is in full force and no one cares. It shouldn't be that way. There is zero interest. I understand it's not football and that football is king, but the apathy for it is telling. That's not a good sign.

The general decline of the sports programs has pretty much stripped alot of passion from the fans. That passion is what made Elder...Elder.

It's not melodrama...it's reality, and it's not a good look.
It's that way bc most fans know they're just not very good. A few years ago, there was plenty of discussion.
Old 12-20-17, 01:30 PM
All American

So you think there is some magic potion that automatically makes us better again?

The whole point of this 2 year debate is that the magic potion is all of the things they aren't doing. As I've said, get used to it.
Old 12-20-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
We are also the ONLY ones that dare to be critical. We get critical, even when it's obvious, and everyone gets scared away.

We all sit at a basketball and football game and everyone whispers about all of the things that are brought up here...it's like it's a mortal sin to question Elder or anyone up there. I know everyone hears it too, but it's all hush hush.
In my earlier days, I take ownership for being overly critical and dragging the forum down. I was stupid.. However, I stand by everything I've said the last 5 or so year, good and bad.
Old 12-20-17, 01:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTom View Post
Yep, I agree adselder09. Both of you guys are azzholes and I hate reading your crap anymore.
Then get a spine and provide an honest point of view.

What's your take on Elder's decline? It's an opinion board...not all sunshine and roses.
Old 12-20-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So you think there is some magic potion that automatically makes us better again?

The whole point of this 2 year debate is that the magic potion is all of the things they aren't doing. As I've said, get used to it.
No, but I'll also admit when I'm wrong and give credit when credit is due. Elder does some things well and if we're going to call them out for mistakes, we should praise them for successes, it's only fair. So if I've got something factually wrong, I want people to call me out. I care about the truth, not advancing a narrative.
Old 12-20-17, 01:37 PM
All American

Quote:
In my earlier days, I take ownership for being overly critical and dragging the forum down. I was stupid.. However, I stand by everything I've said the last 5 or so year, good and bad.
People couldn't separate your ideas, suggestions, and identification of problem areas with they way you presented them, but the problem areas you have pointed out over the years are real.

There are alot of people that feel the same way who simply don't voice it, either in-person or on here, because they do legitimately feel it could impact their kids/cousin/brother/future panther's playing time or roster spot. But I'm guessing there are HUNDREDS of pockets of peer groups that talk about alot of these fiascos over food and beers all the time. Most that post here likely have a group just as I described that talk about what is written here.

But then everyone tries to tell us we're crazy and ruining the board for what we bring up here. It's BS. Be real.